ABC Home and Commercial Services Employee Reviews in United States

Abel and Frisbee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  houston txOctober 19, 2014
Overall the employees are not that easy to work with .Management all the way to route managers talk down to you. Call you stupid to your face tell you that you're dumb and have no commons sense. Owners the Jenkins look the other way. Job duties are changed every hour and daily. They lock you in room to watch call center videos for 2 weeks after 3 weeks of sitting with other CSRs that wasn't trained properly nor want to teach you. You get paired with a Sales manager for one day .Then you're monthly quizzed on the different departments and forced to take a pay cut of 9.00 . An they pull you in with and incentive program telling you the more information you learn about all departments the better your pay check. Which is a lie and they hire you saying you get 11.00 an hour but then change too the incentive program.
Pros
potluck and the dogs
Cons
management are bullies and liars
Advancement opportunities for focused individuals
Director of Training and Quality (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
I was afforded the ability at ABC to try any and every area of the business. I was allowed to learn by making some mistakes along the way, but my decision making abilities were honed by this method. A great place to work and be a part of something larger than just a paycheck.
Productive and growing company
Certified Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2014
Awesome job good pay..I was a certified pest technician going to foundations at treating soil with pesticides or putting chemical free barriers around pipes in foundation
High Stress environment
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR / IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
ABC's leaders are not positive in which direction the company is moving. Money is invested into high tech equipment, but none to solidify the infrastructure of the network. The backbone of the network is outdated and barely getting by day to day, The people who work there are nice. But there just is not enough support in the IT department here. Only one IT person assigned to support a growing company, for meager pay and no department budget. One day they will get it together. Good luck to the next guy!
Pros
free coffee
pays thre bills
Pest Control Operator (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txApril 3, 2014
family buisness that has turned to corporate model and has left the workers behind
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
can be replaced at any time
Awesome people to work with!
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Get to work turn on my phone to accept incoming calls. Help techs that have questions about their routes and get them out the door asap. Get to work on the routes and answer phone calls. If you like working with customers and actually care about them, this is a great job. I have learned more about pests than I ever thought I'd want to know or need to know, but I like what I've learned. Management... they've gotten worse over the years. The head honcho has the best of intentions by making the changes they've made, but he doesn't see how it effects the little people. Some departments have supervisors that care and others can care less. Co-workers are amazing. I have never worked at a company where everyone gets along as well as people seem to here. The camaraderie is out of this world. I would say the hardest part of my job is the multitasking. You have to be able to do at least five things at the same time especially if you're a route manager. I like that I get to help people. My co-workers are another perk of the job.
Pros
occasionally free breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
Cons
pto, healthcare, management, new hires in customer service do not get the training they need.
A workplace that promotes hard work
Territory Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville,TXSeptember 27, 2013
A typical day involved using both my body, and mind with the public. I learned about chemical composition, and how to mix them properly. The management works well to keep things running smoothly.

The job could be difficult at times, but my co-workers, and I worked as a team to keep things in order. The hardest part of the job was that the chemicals we used didn't always work well. The most enjoyable part was working independently on your own outside.
Pros
team-oriented enviroment
Cons
undependable lawn product use.
Good company poor management
Termite- Rodent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
Definitely a pecking order that is followed here which is understandable. Training pay lasts way too long and you're really doing manual labor for the majority of the time and not training. Pay was not as promised.
Counter prodructive company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Typical work day begins beteen 3-4 am and ends between 4-5:30 pm. I inspect buisness' for any and all pest issues and provie a face for our company in the busines environment.
Managment is now a micro managing and wants the employees to "run" their route like they own it but only by the way managment chooses which changes every 3-4 months.
Co-workers are like family members and are a tight nit group as you can get.
The hardest part of the job is trying to do what is expected of you to be a "5 star" specialist, with 2 star management and 2 star training.
Pros
work truck and company pays for gas
Cons
long hours, no family time and constant change within company and rules company enforces.

2.8