SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting directly to the President, the Controller of this small manufacturing company ($8m in sales) is responsible for managing the general accounting, cost accounting and financial reporting functions of the company. This position is responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting and analysis, budget preparation, and financial inputs in strategic decisions. The Controller is assisted by one other full time employee. The Controller manages cash flow and banking relationships. The Controller will have a leading role in transitioning to a new company-wide Management Information System.
- Manage all general accounting, cost accounting, and financial reporting functions including month-end closing, actual results cp. to budget, inventory, A/P, A/R, fixed assets, intercompany activities, and balance sheet management.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis, with timely, accurate submissions to parent company (a large overseas public company).
- Provide full income statement analysis of revenue and expenses, product costs and SG&A expenses, and profit margins.
- Direct the annual budgeting process, and the annual external audit.
- Help implement and become proficient with the new company wide ERP system.
- Work with the operations and production management team to find and implement cost saving opportunities.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and its banking relationships.
- 10+ years in financial management preferably in a senior management role in a small manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Crystal reports.
- Experience with financial reporting and ERP systems, and with new software implementation.
Indeed - 10 months ago