To direct and supervise the safe work of assigned landscape workers and work as a member along with them in a professional manner.
1. Ensure daily work schedule assigned runs smoothly and is completed in an efficient manner.
2. Operate landscaping equipment to include mowers, weedeaters, edgers, blowers, hedge trimmers and various hand tools in accordance with approved operating requirements and safety procedures.
3. Assure landscape workers are operating equipment in a safe manner and using proper safety equipment at all times according to safety standards.
4. Ensure operating machines have been oiled, cleaned and fuel has been checked in accordance with approved procedures prior to the start of each day, between job sites and at the end of the day.
5. Ensure trucks and equipment are secured while on job sites.
6. Ensure proper maintenance of company vehicles and report all accidents/ damage/malfunctions to management immediately.
7. Direct and participate in equipment maintenance duties on a scheduled basis per the company equipment maintenance procedures to include:
- changing oil in equipment
- cleaning oil and air filter
- sharpening blades
- repairing broken equipment
8. Report all injuries and occupational related illnesses immediately to management.
9. Prepare and maintain all required records and reports in an accurate and timely manner to include hourly labor performed by landscape workers.
10. Train landscape workers on time clock procedures, safety rules and regulations, equipment operation, equipment maintenance and proper landscape procedures in accordance with company procedures.
11. Communicate and discuss any account problems with management to include dry areas, excessive wet areas, bugs, broken sprinklers and running water.
12. Report any safety related issues with the equipment or landscape workers to management.
13. Lift equipment in and out of truck to include:
- hedge trimmer
- push mower
- landscape debris blankets
14. Attend and participate in scheduled training sessions as required.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Tree Trimming Skills
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand and walk for extended periods of time
Ability to lift pounds
Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Prior landscaping work experience required.
Valid Drivers License - Must meet insurance underwriting requirements.