ABC SUPPLY CO. INC Employee Reviews

Fast paced culture
Delivery Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHOctober 18, 2017
I learned that I had to take on the bulk of the work because my manager did not want to learn systems. I enjoyed working on the operations side and was to go to person with knowledge of inventory and systems.
Pros
Great hours and paid time off
Cons
Grumpy contractors
Fun place to work if you work hard
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 13, 2017
I've enjoyed working for ABC supply. It's a great environment IF you're a hard worker and have a sense of humor. Lazy need not apply. Requires initiative.
I was disgruntled with management earlier this year, but there's been a change in management and I'm very optimistic about our new manager.
They don't let people go for anything less than very often repeated mistakes or driving violations. Solid company to work for.
Pros
Active work, fun environment, good (mostly) coworkers
Cons
Winter
Good group of people to work with
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 12, 2017
Low pay and very little help. Can be extremely stressful, but it can depend on which store you work at. Found it very hard to survive being a single income with kids.
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Low pay
Big company, Big possibilities.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 11, 2017
The branch you choose can make or break your experience.
I've worked at two branches, and neither offered me any training whatsoever. Some branches do train, but if you work for a busier one, you will be utilized immediately. (I've heard this from Warehouse staff as well.)
You will be given a wide array of responsibilities with little to no instruction. The bar is high.
If you can stay afloat, the pay and benefits are great.
Pros
Pay and benefits. Many locations.
Cons
Lack of support
Job Security
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 9, 2017
A typical work day starts at 6am; slow and steady as everyone wakes up. By 8am pace is at a 6/10, and we have started to fall behind. After a second break the pace increases to 7.5, but still behind on the workload. After lunch pace typically increases to 8.5/9 until around 2pm. As the day rounds off the pace between employees varies, tensions are high, and it turns into a rush to break even for the day.

From my hire date to the day I left we were 'behind'.

Overtime on Saturdays were mandatory.
Pros
Job Security, Plenty of hours
Cons
Overworked employees create a toxic atmosphere
Dangerous
Delivery Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2017
This job is very dangerous and I would not like to go back to this job..even though safety was always first this is just how I feel about hieghts......
Not the same ABC Supply
Outside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2017
When I was originally hired in at ABC Supply there was a close culture....fast forward everything changed when unfortunately the owner passed away and management changed on both the local and national level.

Their growth has made it where you are no longer associate first but all about a number.

Some good folks work there but management needs a hard look as they feel like it all about them.
Pros
Working with great customers
Cons
Terrible management
Great Benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work, if you like long hours in the summer & short hours in the winter. Great customers, friendly staff, & lots of traveling if you become a driver.
stressful,
Delivery Driver/ Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 25, 2017
good pay, but not a very fun job. you will get fired for the dumbest things. most of the time it will be the companies fault,lots of driving and finding places can be a pain since the company does not give the right address.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful, lots of lifting. co workers are not nice.
Ok company
Driver, William (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Nice managemen. Great coworkers. Good benefits. Pay just didn't fit my budget. Psysical labor, but as long as you follow instructions. It can be quite easy.
Depends on Branch
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jarvisburg, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Each Branch is only as good as it's Manager and Inside Sales staff. Overall, it is a good company and has great benefits. 150 words miniminum...........
Not for the Weak
Roof Loader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 15, 2017
Its a job that requires you to a dangerous thing daily and Carry up to 60,000lbs. In work day. Then donit again tomorrow. Get your money get out before winter hits.
good place to work
flat bed truck driver (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 13, 2017
good place to work good ins. good peple to work with they help one each over when need it wood still work there but got better paying job working for jack cooper
OK workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 10, 2017
Solid workplace. Employees and customers are a pleasure to work with. Pay and benefits are excellent. As a construction related job, the hours and work pace can be unstable.
Pros
Benefits, pay, nice co workers
Cons
unsteady work pace, short handed at points, unstable hours
great place to work
Delivery Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 6, 2017
solid dependable place to work. truly care about there employees.
may have to do more than one job at a time spring, summer, and fall, gets a little crazy and muti-tasking is key.
Career Stepping Stone
Commercial Roofing Sales (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 6, 2017
This position was a career stepping stone. I looked at this position as another challenge in my construction based career. Adding construction material sales to my project management, commercial roofing design and supervisory background certainly will add value to my continued path in the commercial roofing or construction fields.
Pros
Good work environment, Good People to work with
Cons
Lacked management support, lack of income growth potential
Very good palce to work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 4, 2017
I have worked for ABC Supply only for a couple of months but my time there was fantastic. Good boss, good work environment. Highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Good hours, Good pay, Boss is willing to work with you if you don't understand exactly what to do
Cons
working in all elements.
Can Be a good opportunity
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 28, 2017
Your experience at ABC will solely depend on your manager and your effort. It can be a great opportunity but being outside sales/commission your livelihood is dependent on your branch
Productive and helpful.
Payroll Admin (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 27, 2017
Answering phone calls from Associates, Manager's, Verification Companies for Job Verifications, regarding. Assisting with hiring/on-boarding process for New Associates with Manager's, assisting Associates with address changes, tax changes, Direct Deposit setup/changes, Garnishments, ordering supplies. What I enjoy about my position is helping Associates and Managers accomplish what they set out to do or to help them understand what is happening with their paycheck, etc.
Fun and productive
Customer Credit Analysis (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLAugust 27, 2017
Very productive work place. Shared workplace information with employees, keeping everyone informed. Credit Department moved to North Carolina in 2015.
Pros
Very generous work place, with lunches, needed time off etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC SUPPLY CO. INC. Our community is ready to answer.