ABC Supply

ABC Supply United States Employee Reviews

Rough lifestly
Dispatch Service Manager (Current Employee), National City, CAMarch 15, 2015
Cons: short breaks, unstable schedule, bad pay.
This company gives a good start to new class A drivers, although its extremely physically demanding with very little pay. The pay raise here is horrible and stability of work is not secure.
I love working at ABC Supply.
Storm team (Former Employee), USA any state at any timeFebruary 19, 2015
ABC Supply is a great place to work. The hardest part are the hours, yet it is still a rewardwarding experience. The enviroment is mostly freindly between employees and customers. I get poistive results on a daily. There always room for growth. i always feel I have a good relationship with my peers.
Great work environment and friendly co-workers
Warehouse (Former Employee), macon, gaJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: none.
Great place, Friendly people, easy to work, understanding of life events.
its was ok
DRIVER, ORDER PULLER WAREHOUSE, LABOR (Former Employee), merriville inDecember 9, 2014
not ran right,hard work the heat was the worst part of the job people i worked with lazy
great job oppurtunity
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Huntington, WVDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great company and co workers
Cons: seasonal work
Great work environment and great people to work with the only bad thing about the job was being laid off
hard work
forklift operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2014
my typical work day start at 7:30 till 5:00 I learned a lot about roofing management was good like coworkers the hardest part of job was throwing shingles allday beind out side
honest job just not a life job lookin for carrer
warehouse and yard laborer (Former Employee), Billings Mt 59105October 9, 2014
Pros: was close to home
Cons: pay wasnt enough
Staging and loading pallets of shingles as well as other items on the order slip onto semi trucks that were to deliver the products operating fork lifts as well as physical labor co workers were fine job was easy just demanding going home was the best part
N/A
Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
I'm currently employed by this company so a fair assessment wouldnt not be right until I know longer work for this company. However I will say that unless the job environment here in the Houston MBA is rather high schoolish. Unless you're friends with the MBA Manager or Sr AP rep expect your day to be longer than expected due to the drama and office politics. Confidentially is no such thing working here. The MBA Manager will tell the Sr AP whatever you told and said behind closed doors for better or worst.
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Beloit, WIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: awesome management
Cons: hourly wage
This company was very enjoyable to work for. The corporation really cared about their employees. They took an interest in our personal lives. I really enjoyed working here.
Not the place for a professional truck driver
Truck driver (Current Employee), MassachusettsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: local work
Cons: seasonal work and poor compensation
A big company that has gotten big by many acquisitions. Poor management. They say that they are an employee first company but this couldn't be further from the truth. They have record profits yet have not given anything that would resemble a cost of living raise in the last four years. If you are a rookie truck driver its a place to start. All other truck drivers please don't waist your time.
One of the top places to work!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work if you enjoy eating and drinking! they have fun.
Cons: seasonal. weather driven. it's very slow during winter.
My experience with ABC was great for the most part. Great pay, great benefits, first class sales support. They are the strongest in the roofing industry by a long shot. They pride themselves on success stories within the company. Many examples of people who started on a forklift and ended up running their own branch in just a few short years. The hardest part of my job was the long winters, which bring little income in sales. It's weather driven and you find yourself praying for hail storms and hurricanes. Kind of funny but sick at the same time. It's a great job for an outside sales person. I was allowed to treat my customers to nothing but the best. Fishing trips, expensive meals, etc.
It was a great job with poor management.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2014
We worked great hour and worked as a team. The management was poor and unfair.
Productive and efficient workplace with great hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 8, 2014
Great work environment with great work hours. Personal development was a must and being able to operate at your own pace and complete tasks in your own time made the work much easier.
Great place to work at
Driver (Former Employee), Dunnellon, FLJuly 6, 2014
wonderful place to work at. Family like environment esp for being a big company. Just the pay is not enough for the all the manual labor involved.
Inside Sales & Delivery Service Manager (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work very hard all summer long
Cons: work very little in the winter time
Great place to work. A lot of oppurtunities to learn and grow with the company. Benefits, 401k, insurance all come with the job!
OK Company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Would not recommend, lack of training,and support. No communication on how you are doing.
good management and great people
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee), Edmond, OKDecember 26, 2013
Pros: great people and i enjoyed the work
Cons: i cant handle being a 1000 miles from home
No work around my home and the only way i can maintain position is to work away from home. I will miss the people and the position.
Fast pace , high goals joke around with fellow employees .
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2013
Cons: hours being cut back in winter months .
Make safety inspections on equipment . Check that trucks are completely loaded . That every customer orders are pulled in a timely matter and review their purchases to ensure that they have everything to complete their projects .Unload incoming trucks .Communication with management on certain projects needing attention . That co-workers are working in a team effort . The hardest part is trying to make every customer 100% satisfied . The most enjoyable part would be looking back on the day and know that we Rocked and Roll to acheive our goals.
ok place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEOctober 19, 2013
ABC is the biggest distributor of building materials in the USA. The management is very focused on profit and i believe the salary reflects that.
Great
Outside Commercial Sales (Former Employee), Doraville, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: travel
Due to the current commercial roofing market ABC Supply had to down size it's work force. The company felt that my position was not needed anymore. Please feel free to contact my former boss.

1 2 3