Acquisitions Editor for BiblioRossica
Academic Studies Press (http://academicstudiespress.com/) is seeking a specialist to work as Acquisitions Editor for the press’s eBook portal, BiblioRossica (www.bibliorossica.com).
The Associate Acquisitions Editor will be responsible for acquiring new titles and collections from domestic and international presses to build the BiblioRossica database.
- Develop proposals for new titles and collections to meet acquisitions goals, deadlines, and financial requirements
- Create comprehensive title lists for new thematic collections
- Prepare contracts and negotiate terms with presses
- Ensure the quality and market-readiness of all products through oversight of content development as appropriate.
- Manage the proposal creation and routing process from pre-contract to file uploads, providing project status reports as required
- Develop deep market knowledge (subject and industry) through systematic market research and attendance at trade shows and conferences
- Research market trends, competitive titles and databases, and suggest marketing opportunities for new content
- Market the BiblioRossica database to academic institutions
- Maintain relations with participating publishers, i.e. oversee content upload and compensation payments
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Russian, Media/Communications, or related field
- Previous experience in book acquisitions, preferably in humanities
- Experience with sales of digital journals, eBooks, and/or databases
- Well-developed verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must be able to develop and manage a large number of projects simultaneously, on schedule and within budget
- Knowledge of Russian is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard