Job Description Summary
The Team Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support necessary to a given interdisciplinary team to assure efficient delivery of clinical care to patients and effective clinical team management. The Team Assistant’s role is crucial to the function of the team, serving as a front line response for administrative support, running reports, efficient management of incoming requests and calls, and day to day coordination of schedules for the interdisciplinary team and Concentrated Case Conferencing with the Clinical Team Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for participation within the assigned team or area to meet the objectives of the team or area.
2. Responsible for expectations related to behavior and performance within the assigned team to meet objectives established for Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Growth, and Financial Success.
3. Responsible for providing assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into account their special needs and age-related needs.
1. Responsible for supporting the Clinical Managers and their teams
a. Coordinates and maintains weekly case conference schedules for the Clinical Manager/Team
b. Assists in completing the team staffing schedules while meeting the needs of the team as well as effectively covering agency needs
c. Runs reports on behalf of Clinical Managers to determine compliance with mandatory training requirements, completion of skills evaluations and provides follow-up on collection of critical eligibility requirements such as licensure, car insurance verification, etc.
2. Assists in the assignment of Nursing, HHA, MSW, and RD personnel for each new client admitted to home care and assures coordination of care for therapy visits.
a. Supports the Clinical Manager in assuring coverage for staff call-ins, emergency visits, high census and specialty visits and arranges for provisional assistance as needed
i. Maintains accountability of FTE/PTE productivity while minimizing overtime and maximizing efficiency
ii. Demonstrates creativity and problem solving by working with staff to cover visits with as much advance notice as possible
3. Facilitates communication between field staff, office staff and clients as necessary
a. Answers phone calls from staff members to coordinate and provide information as needed
b. Provides excellent customer service to all callers (Internal or external callers)
4. Other Duties as assigned to meet department goals and objectives
1. High school diploma, Associate degree in Business Administration or Communications preferred
2. Demonstrates working knowledge of health care industry, particularly knowledge of Home Care and 3rd party payor guidelines related to assignment, staffing, and rehabilitation services
3. Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
4. Must possess interpersonal skills needed to interact effectively with clients, nurses, physicians, and in-house staff members
5. Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
6. Proficient in medical terminology and Microsoft office products including MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint **( Testing Required)** Candidate must be proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint with data entry accuracy at -35wpm in order to be considered for position***
7. Demonstrates creativity and problem-solving skills
8. Must be organized and detail orientated
9. Excellent typing skills 35 wpm required
1. Experience working in Home Care or Hospital facility.