*Duration: 6 Months
Project Description: *
- Write original content and edit existing technical reports, procedures, and/or training manuals for internal distribution, customer reference, or publication.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Write, edit, and revise a variety of technical documents for a wide range of uses
- collaborate with programmers, engineers, technicians and/or product management personnel to gain an understanding of document content.
- Analyze project requirements to determine types of publications needed.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation .
- The Technical Writer should have sufficient technical awareness to avoid over-looking important detail that an astute programmer, engineer, or technician might assume to be understood.
- Skills equivalent to 6-10 years in comparable position.
- Client currently seeks a Technical Trainer and documentation specialist to support our Commercial Complex Order Management Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate work sessions to capture and validate current and future state high level and detailed business models for each project.
- Analyze and capture the operational level processes within specific COM supported areas.
- Partner with stakeholders to follow documented change management processes for the purpose of business process development and reuse.
- Leads the identification of business process improvements.
- Identify current and future training needs, developing a program commensurate to those needs, and executing on those needs;
- Manage all essential technical documentation;
- Perform training audits for continued quality assurance;
- Develop a quality assurance program for feedback on performance post training;
- Solicit feedback from Management to determine objectives for training as new products, services, or demands arise.
- Identify with other training departments within organization to share thoughts, suggestions, and ideas to improve COM processes with processes from other successful areas within the Company.
- All duties assigned by Management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of personal, professional, and Company objectives or initiatives
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and logic skills to take high-level business product concepts and translate to operational level business models.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be dynamic and energetic;
- Excellent technical writing skills, template work methodology with change control/version control management;
- Excellent time management, project management, and organization skills;
- Excellent team building skills; ability to take a diverse group of people and rally them toward a common goal and to willingly conquer that goal;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; consummate communicator both written and verbal;
- Ability to listen and interpret concerns while also being clearly understood when delivering information;
- Goal oriented and results driven; ability to see the big picture and are willing to help everyone with training and documentation milestones. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in telephone industry practices and procedures
- Experience working within a technical operations environment is preferred;
Project management skills preferred;
- Training experience required with previous training coordination and delivery strongly preferred;
- Technical writing skills required with previous technical writing experience strongly preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Indeed - 12 months ago