Technical Resource –
- Linux / Unix (Red Hat, AIX), J2EE, Websphere, Endeca, Application Server Engineering, Tuning, and Administration (Tomcat, WebSphere), Engineering, developing, and running monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Splunk, BMC, Nagios) + Endeca.
- 5+ years of experience in Tomcat, Apache, Varnish, NginX, networking,
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Strong Open Source Web Technology - Tomcat, Apache, Varnish, NginX, networking,
- Experience in large environments, ecomm greatly preferred.
- Not administrator, I want an engineer. Difference is that an engineer is focused on launching new technologies, not day to day support.
- Strong documentation.
- Strong scripting - PERL, shell scripts.
- Large scale operations experience.
- Strong automation skills and mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to automate with a scripting language.
- Breadth of technology including network, CDNs, integrations, monitoring, databases, etc.
- High energy and intensity.
- Noticeable passion for operations.
- Web and/or eCommerce is a huge plus.
- Candidates that work in environments with tight SLAs (like commodity trading) are good as well.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be exposed to the latest Web technologies including Tomcat & Apache.
- A strong developer who can work on latest technologies and create new innovations.