ACS Employee Reviews

Found 2,605 reviews matching the search
A Good Entry Level Job
Customer Care Services (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 6, 2016
A typical day of work consists on receiving calls from Direct Express Debit Card Services and EBT. I learned customer management and information regarding Social Security Benefits, Debit/Credit Cards and following company protocol. Also, I learned about confidential data management and security.

The hardest part of the job is knowing which is the most immediate customer necessity and being able to provide the most accurate information given the case, while being under pressure or an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. I learned that teamwork is needed in order to solve some of te questions correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Benefits, job is secured, great toolwork and information availability.
Cons
Mandatory Overtime which can be announced within a couple of hours of being enforced.
Call Center Life
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Working in a call center doesn't seem like it is all that, but of course, work is work. I have learned to enhance my customer service skills and to teach others as well. The only thing that can bum out a long time employee is that it can be difficult to be promoted. Seems that when they do promote employees that the ones picked to be promoted don't seem to have all the knowledge that it takes to fulfill a position. Also since there are multiple call queues, the downside to that is you have more responsibility than regular agents and have more difficult calls but you get paid the same as a regular agent taking easy calls. Pay and advancements to a higher position are not great but if you are looking for a job, this one will do.
Pros
Friendly environment. Get paid to talk to people.
Cons
Advancement opportunities and pay raises.
Your typical call center bee hive
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 23, 2016
Xerox is your typical call center environment, with your typical worker-bee mentality applied to its employees. During the interview process, applicants are advised of "the opportunity for overtime", but fail to mention that the company will often mandate overtime with as little as 24 hours notice, with little to no regard or concern for its employees home or family needs. Employees are then penalized for not being able to immediately accommodate the company's wishes. The company offers little opportunity for advancement, and hard work and dedication often go unappreciated.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
enjoyed working with and assist in customer service
Delta Airport Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. I learned what it takes to assist the passengers on and off the a/c.The management team was very professional and understanding. My co-workers very very helpful and professional. their was not a hard part of this job due to my co-workers working as a team. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the different customers and assisting them in any way and also to flying benefits.
Pros
flying benefits and other great benefits
Cons
no cons
great experience
ELEGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 2, 2016
i would take all spanish case loads. I will intake the applications for tanf,foodstamps,medicaid. I would gather all verifications from clients and input the information and verifications. I would either approve or deny the benefits by giving the applications to a state worker for approval or deny. I would speak to them in english and spanish.
Pros
jean day on fridays alot of pot luck
Cons
too many clients i took care of all spanish case load
Acs
ACCESS CENTER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEMarch 16, 2016
Would be an interesting job IF training was done better. People tend to come and go. Insurance benefits are good, if you take the better of the two plans. I do have some flexibility with work/life balance.
Not a good place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
Unprofessional and unclean call center. The pay does not comp for what you have deal with as far as management or the customers.
Pros
Enjoy movies while you work on large televions at work
Cons
Compensation is low pay
Highly Motivated Accountant Looking for the Right Opportunity
PeopleSoft Time & Labor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2015
I am a highly motivated individual looking for the right opportunity. I am a good team player as well as good at doing my own work. I enjoy teaching other people new tasks or helping people with questions. The management that I work best with is someone who has an open door policy and a company that is flexible. I am looking at moving to the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area, so I am looking for a job that is in the East Valley or by the airport.
Pros
Casual Environment, Open Door Policy, Room for Growth
Cons
No Benefits, No room for growth, Doing the same task all day long
poorly ran job
Prep scan operator (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 4, 2016
Xerox started off good but management did not listen to us. This job is ran very poorly. Co-workers weren't allowed to communicate with each other which made work harder. When it came to making promotions they choose the people off of favoritism. They also made us to mandatory overtime then switched it around and made cuts because we produced too much. The best time of the day was leaving.
it was like making a family
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2016
The company was great, and the benefits too, the manger where great leaders and I made a family when I was working there. every one was helpful on the training time.
benefits
Cons
company closed
Great Job!
Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2015
Xerox/ACS is a great company to work for! Management is always available to you when you need them. I have worked in three departments since I have started with ACS/Xerox and started out as a temporary employee, I am now permanent with benefits.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
The constant changes.
Best place i've worked
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
The employees, environment, management, benefits, flexibility, support, all where excellent ...ACS is that company that allowed me to grow and learn thing i never thought possible
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Electronic technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Productive and fast paced because the company did contract jobs for lots of companies, data backup, bank late fees statement credit Cards embossing and customer billing statements
Pros
Free gym for employees
Cons
Healthcare and retirement benifits
Call Center Job
Online Insurance Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 21, 2016
I assisted people with getting their monthly prescriptions sent to them buy mail. A lot of knowledgeable people work there they were always happy to help. The hardest part of this job is hearing problems of some customers and their struggles.
benefits
Cons
too far away
A typical day at work
Transaction Processor Lead (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very busy. I am always busy answering questions, helping where needed and doing my job.I like working for the company because the work times can vary if needed. I am always learning new things about the way documents are processed. The hardest part of my job is keeping my desk cleaned off.
Pros
felixable work times
Cons
benifits are expensive
Great company
Lead Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJanuary 14, 2016
the reason why i left this company was that i was going to relocate to NY and i dint want to deal with the commute of 3 hours a day., so i decided to moved to a different company
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too far
I really dislike this place of employment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 27, 2015
The company paid us ABC which is activity base compensation Pay which did not make sense for an inbound call center. I dislike the company when the owner changed hands. The hardest part of this job was how to determine your pay
Cons
the pay
good and tiresome job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 18, 2015
benefits were nice lots of work hard simple as this no problem about the company we had pretty good bosses no more to tell I had no problems
Pros
luch was free thank god we work and fast and had to be kept fed
Cons
I liked the company when I worked for it in the past years.
Interesting work, but rough times ahead
Senior Systems Technician/NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 22, 2015
The job task is very interesting but the timing of the duty hours is at high risk. Interesting project based work. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-national culture.
Pros
Great company culture.
Cons
Compensation and appraisal is less importance.
Sometimes productive and great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 4, 2016
There were some things that I learned at the company that will help me to advance with the next company. I learned to work at my own pace because there was no micro management . A typical day sometimes included systems going down which meant that you could provide the callers with assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers because we stuck together as a team to get the job done. The hardest part would be the fact that there was no consistence, management changed quite often which made it hard to trust.
Pros
great coworkers, the hours were great as well
Cons
Short breaks, no help from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACS. Our community is ready to answer.