ACS Employee Reviews

Friendly competition with co-workers.
Customer-Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2017
A typical day at work.
I learned to resolve customer's issues.
I had a wonderful lead who made sure we completed the tasks at hand.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with obnoxious customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having friendly competition among co-workers for up-selling and winning raffles.
Pros
Working well with co-workers and having a friendly competition to upsell
Cons
Difficulty getting assistance to resolve customer's issues.
Stressful environment. Management allows bullying and favoritism.
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 10, 2017
No reason given for discharge. If you are not part of the Click, you get fired. Very unfair treatment. Favoritism shown. If you are quiet and don't gossip, Mgr allows bullying.
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 7, 2017
Would take calls to help assist with Verizon customers. We could help with anything from technical support to ordering new phones and products to billing.
Pros
easy lad back atmosphere
Cons
call center atmosphere
Fun place to work
Senior Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 5, 2017
A typical day included being responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the Local Area Network. Duties and responsibilities included the installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance of all non-classified desktops, file servers, and e-mail services.
Pros
Metro Accessible
Cons
Contract work
not productive enough
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 4, 2017
i didn't like the type of environment due to the fact they are under staffed an that the training length should be longer. They don't pay you for your overtime .
Pros
they will give you as many hours to work
Cons
short breaks
Change in Management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCDecember 1, 2017
For the Short time working there i been enjoying the work. There are no heavy lifting and you have someone to work with . During the time i been there we been in the middle of Change in Management ACS brought the company
Pros
get off at a decent time
Cons
the people
Fast-paced production environment
Team Lead Imaging Documentation Scanner (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 28, 2017
It was a fast-paced production environment that was behind in technology. There were constant downtime because of system issues. The pay was not good and was constantly changing.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pay
Developmental experience
Field Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2017
This experience was great meaning that familiarity with the client provided advantages to higher performance levels with minimum stress. Location, people and work schedule was great and we achieved performances above management expectations.
Pros
Team performances
Cons
Career choices
The job was underpaid
Mail Clerk (full-time) (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 28, 2017
You open and sorted mail anywhere from 4-15 hours per day. It was a clean desk policy. The place was very laid back but is not good for someone with a family.
Great company
Data entry clerk (at home) (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 26, 2017
I was allowed to work from home. I did data entry. I had a carpool that I worked with to pick up work. The only drawback there was that not everyone in the carpool was as reliable as others. Otherwise I loved this job. I took as much work as I wanted and got paid per completed items.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Must deal with other people's procrastination
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 23, 2017
A typical work day is answering phones and helping out customers.
I learned all about the various cell phones and coverages used by the customers.
Management was a little lax but a nice group to work with.
Keeping from putting my phone on standby while I finished up my notes.
The people I worked with.
call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDNovember 21, 2017
just a call center job with no room for advancement unless you are a but kisser, company was sold once while working there, mandatory overtime for miss managed contract.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilites
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 21, 2017
I managed the administrative assistant duties for the contract. I ordered the supplies for the unit. I sent the invoices plus any supporting documentation to our billing department for remittance. Worked closely with the customer on reports that were required for this contract. Worked closely with supervisors and senior management staff.

Had I-9 certification to help with getting new employees started working on job.
Pros
Gained knowledge of computer skills, worked closely with employees
Cons
Sometimes could be stressful day depending on the situation
Xerox ACS was not fun
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 20, 2017
they were always short staffed with unrealistic goals to meet. they did not ahve a dress code so peoplew ould come into work, not shower, in their js. what made it wors was the fact that the cuibicals were so tightly packed together you would smell people from another team.
Just terrible
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2017
I believe this company ,in the iteration I once held employ, is no longer in business. The managers were rude and you were not allowed to speak to any of your neighboring co-workers even about questions regarding your work.

The only positive thing I could say about working there was that you were able to listen to music or anything else with headphones.
Pros
Able to listen to music
Cons
Everything else
Stay Away
REP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
Not a place I would recommend. fear of losing your job is what is used as motivation here. Advancement is a trap. More work, your pay depends on too many factors to actually grasp and changes daily... be careful.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
I worked for ACS, for the client state of Georgia, I really enjoy working with the permanent staff and they are great. I don't work with an ACS manager directly, but they were able to solve any problems I had over the phone. .
Pros
work downtown, right downtown, next to 5 points.
Cons
Homeless people, and lack of opportunity.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2017
It's a small call center in Tampa Florida , the people are great it's like one big family , the owners are active and make everyone of their employees feel needed and as though we are all assets
ACS Review
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2017
Assisted clients with interviews and updated documents in cases for state workers to review for authorization. Completed at lease 6 to 8 interviews daily.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Pay was low.
Terrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 15, 2017
Everything about this job was terrible. Managers didn't know how to do their jobs, was never around, or didn't decide to come to work at that time. It seemed like things was made up and they felt like it.