ACS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,562 reviews matching the search
A Good Entry Level Job
Customer Care Services (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 6, 2016
A typical day of work consists on receiving calls from Direct Express Debit Card Services and EBT. I learned customer management and information regarding Social Security Benefits, Debit/Credit Cards and following company protocol. Also, I learned about confidential data management and security.

The hardest part of the job is knowing which is the most immediate customer necessity and being able to provide the most accurate information given the case, while being under pressure or an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. I learned that teamwork is needed in order to solve some of te questions correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Benefits, job is secured, great toolwork and information availability.
Cons
Mandatory Overtime which can be announced within a couple of hours of being enforced.
poorly ran job
Prep scan operator (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 4, 2016
Xerox started off good but management did not listen to us. This job is ran very poorly. Co-workers weren't allowed to communicate with each other which made work harder. When it came to making promotions they choose the people off of favoritism. They also made us to mandatory overtime then switched it around and made cuts because we produced too much. The best time of the day was leaving.
Call Center Life
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Working in a call center doesn't seem like it is all that, but of course, work is work. I have learned to enhance my customer service skills and to teach others as well. The only thing that can bum out a long time employee is that it can be difficult to be promoted. Seems that when they do promote employees that the ones picked to be promoted don't seem to have all the knowledge that it takes to fulfill a position. Also since there are multiple call queues, the downside to that is you have more responsibility than regular agents and have more difficult calls but you get paid the same as a regular agent taking easy calls. Pay and advancements to a higher position are not great but if you are looking for a job, this one will do.
Pros
Friendly environment. Get paid to talk to people.
Cons
Advancement opportunities and pay raises.
Your typical call center bee hive
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 23, 2016
Xerox is your typical call center environment, with your typical worker-bee mentality applied to its employees. During the interview process, applicants are advised of "the opportunity for overtime", but fail to mention that the company will often mandate overtime with as little as 24 hours notice, with little to no regard or concern for its employees home or family needs. Employees are then penalized for not being able to immediately accommodate the company's wishes. The company offers little opportunity for advancement, and hard work and dedication often go unappreciated.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
enjoyed working with and assist in customer service
Delta Airport Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. I learned what it takes to assist the passengers on and off the a/c.The management team was very professional and understanding. My co-workers very very helpful and professional. their was not a hard part of this job due to my co-workers working as a team. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the different customers and assisting them in any way and also to flying benefits.
Pros
flying benefits and other great benefits
Cons
no cons
Great Job!
Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2015
Xerox/ACS is a great company to work for! Management is always available to you when you need them. I have worked in three departments since I have started with ACS/Xerox and started out as a temporary employee, I am now permanent with benefits.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
The constant changes.
Highly Motivated Accountant Looking for the Right Opportunity
PeopleSoft Time & Labor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2015
I am a highly motivated individual looking for the right opportunity. I am a good team player as well as good at doing my own work. I enjoy teaching other people new tasks or helping people with questions. The management that I work best with is someone who has an open door policy and a company that is flexible. I am looking at moving to the Ahwatukee/Chandler/Tempe area, so I am looking for a job that is in the East Valley or by the airport.
Pros
Casual Environment, Open Door Policy, Room for Growth
Cons
No Benefits, No room for growth, Doing the same task all day long
Acs
ACCESS CENTER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEMarch 16, 2016
Would be an interesting job IF training was done better. People tend to come and go. Insurance benefits are good, if you take the better of the two plans. I do have some flexibility with work/life balance.
Ping Pong
Customer Service / CPU Tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
My typical day at work would be to help Apple Customers obtain the required Technical services needed to fix their computer issues. To service them in ordering the correct cell phone that would best suit their needs. My co-workers were pleasant and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is how to best handle the needs of the Customers and the attitude of each customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the Customer who you are serving. For the most part management was very helpful in my job performance.
Pros
friendly co-workers, helpful management
Cons
The company has a high turnover rate.
it was a good experience.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2016
the management constantly changed and they where very unprofessional when it came to handling sensitive matters. I learned a lot and discovered how patient and tolerant I could truly be. We all have to work at a bad job at one point in our life to get perspective on what a good job should be.
Pros
I learned to be tolerant and very patient.
Cons
the work enviroment does not promote job security.
Fun working place, color at your desk or play cards
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMarch 2, 2016
This company tries to provide you with the best of training but when you get out on the floor you are hit with obstacles to succeed. The equipment is ancient and the chairs looks like rats chewed on them. Had to report flea infestation. The operations manager is ok but he knows how to find those who will get the work done. If you deter from the script expect to not do well. Follow the script and listen to the team lead. There are some employees that need to be culled out because they are rude and loud and make it hard to hear your clients.
Pros
Great ideas and training
Cons
Poor management all run by recent graduates
Not a good place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
Unprofessional and unclean call center. The pay does not comp for what you have deal with as far as management or the customers.
Pros
Enjoy movies while you work on large televions at work
Cons
Compensation is low pay
Easygoing coworkers and simple project.
Trained Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 6, 2015
ACS have wonderful people with excellent personalities. The pay is great and the job mission is easy, yet the donors are older people with many disabilities and troubles. No matter how sad their stories are, we have to continuously rebut them and persuade them to give money. These situations can affect a person emotionally, making them feel as if it's their fault. Management is great, yet it is an at will company. Therefore, missing an half hour of work a week results in 9.00/hr and missing 2 hours result in 8.25/hr. They can change the schedule and you are forced to abide of you can get fired. etc. I learned patience. This job requires great patience and ability to change instantly, sometimes without notice.
Pros
Paid weekly, bonuses, optional break times
Cons
Pay cuts, at-will company, their preference of targeted customers
Best place i've worked
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
The employees, environment, management, benefits, flexibility, support, all where excellent ...ACS is that company that allowed me to grow and learn thing i never thought possible
great experience
ELEGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 2, 2016
i would take all spanish case loads. I will intake the applications for tanf,foodstamps,medicaid. I would gather all verifications from clients and input the information and verifications. I would either approve or deny the benefits by giving the applications to a state worker for approval or deny. I would speak to them in english and spanish.
Pros
jean day on fridays alot of pot luck
Cons
too many clients i took care of all spanish case load
Productive and Fast paced
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2016
A typical day for me at ACS was I worked an 8 hour day five days out the week. I learned how to show great empathy towards the customers as well as to my coworkers. Management was busy; all it took was for me to send an quick email with any questions or concerns and they would respond quickly. Everyone tend to have bad days on the job we're only human so when it would come to the co-workers on the job they were pretty much helpful and understanding; easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be helping the customers with whatever the issue may have been with a call they received from us or any concerns about their order.
Pros
A few pros on the job were a variety of food vendors on the job and having your own cubicle.
Cons
Few cons were shorter breaks and a long walking distance to the restrooms.
ACS/Xerox Poor Upper Management
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 16, 2016
This company is with whom the State of Indiana contracted to manage Medicaid, SNAP, TANF and other benefits. The best part of this job is rare overtime and at the end of the shift, you can leave work at work. The training pay is poor and employees are paid by the number of 'tasks' they complete...so, your telephone call to find out about your parents' Medicaid, or your kids' Food Stamps are only a 'task' to ACS (although many of the the employees are caring enough to serve the caller appropriately). The 'wash-out' of new employees is greater than 50%. My group began with 35 and only 9 completed the training (75% wash-out).
Pros
When you leave at night, the job stays at work!
Cons
Horrible Management
Enjoyed and Loves my job with Xerox/ACS
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlMay 6, 2016
Each day was a delight knowing I was making a difference by performing my duties completing applications, renewals and supporting documents so people could obtain medical insurance.
I managed no one but in doing my job correctly I managed a lot of families accounts by overseeing what was needed to get and maintain insurance for them. The families were always my first and foremost concerns. I learned about them and what their needs were and processed accordingly. I worked very well with my co-workers. I would like to think that they recognized my devotion to my job and to them. The hardest part of my job was when families needed coverage that was affordable but still had a hard time with the programs that was offered to them.
Precertification (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 6, 2016
A typical day at ACS was great you had respect from everyone with in the company. I was never treated like less than an equal at this company. Loved this job wish I never left.
Pros
Management, schedule flexibility
Cons
N/A
Interesting work, but rough times ahead
Senior Systems Technician/NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 22, 2015
The job task is very interesting but the timing of the duty hours is at high risk. Interesting project based work. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-national culture.
Pros
Great company culture.
Cons
Compensation and appraisal is less importance.