Position Type: Contractor / Employee
Company Name: ADARA Networks, Inc.
Location: San Jose, CA / Flexible
Annual Salary: Depending On Experience
Experience Level: 8 Years Industry Experience
Education Level: BS/MS in CS, EE, or related area
Travel Amount: None
Fast growing Silicon Valley Company and provider of full stack routing technology products is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer / Tech Lead.
You will be a member of the SDN infrastructure development team. Leveraging your strong background in TCP/IP networking, client/server, multi threaded, event based socket IO paradigms, you will design and implement core components of the SDN infrastructure.
You are current with best practice of the C programming language, TCP/IP socket programming, Layer-1 to Layer-7 networking concepts, design & analysis of algorithms, and software design principles. You have the ability to lead design and implementation as well as address issues in scalability & reliability.
- Design and implement scalable network application infrastructure services on Linux/FreeBSD platform.
- Conduct meetings and lead team members through design and implementation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced development environment
- Ability to present strategy and results to management in clear and concise presentations, documentation, etc.
- Meticulous in design detail, reliability, and performance
Skills and Education Requirements
- Background in computer science with emphasis on scalable TCP/IP networking application infrastructure
- Expert on UNIX Operating system concepts and internals as it pertains to TCP/IP networking, with good understanding of the OSI protocol layers and excellent network application programming skills.
- Expert in the “C” programming language, TCP/IP networking, socket programming API's, Client/Server, pthreads, database, event based Socket IO paradigms.
- Familiar with HTTP, FTP and similar web application protocols & web caching fundamentals.
- Familiarity working with openssl, openVPN, XML, XSLT processing,
- Knowledge in Switching (Vlan, VTP, STP, L2TP) and Routing(OSPF, RIP) protocols
- Familiar with tools like GDB, Valgrind, network analysis & performance testing tools.
- At least 4-5 years experience in development of network management application (backend) software.
Skills a Strong Plus
- Experience in FreeBSD Kernel Modules and network stack development
- Experience in Openflow
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Hadoop
- Experience in multicore (MIPS) programming
- Experience in Intel DPDK programming
- Experience in SSL acceleration hardware
- Experience in VMware, KVM, virtual-box, Zen hypervisors
- Experience in perl, java and shell scripts
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Web Services and SOA Framework, SOAP
Indeed - 17 months ago
ADARA Networks is a leading technology, product development, and consulting firm located in Silicon Valley, California. The company employs...