CMM Operator / Aerospace Quality Inspector - All Shifts available
ADEX Machining Technologies is growing due to recent long term contract awards and seeking to add multiple Quality Technicians / CMM Operators to our existing team. The Quality Technician / CMM Operator is an important member of the Work Cell Team and is responsible for overall quality assurance needs including First Article Inspection, In-Process Inspection and other processes to meet customer product and aerospace AS9100 quality requirements compliance.
** NOTE: These shift positions are available:
Filled-- 1st Shift: 7am-3:30pm
Filled-- 2nd Shift: 3pm – 11:30pm
Open-- 3rd Shift: 11pm – 7:30am
Open-- Weekend Shift DAYS: Fri/Sat/Sun 7am-7pm (work 36, pays out 40 hrs)
Open-- Weekend Shift NIGHT: Fri/Sat/Sun 7pm-7am (work 36, pays out 40 hrs)
Pay scale: $22 to $30/hr + based on experience (2nd, 3rd & weekend shift include additional shift premium bonus). Benefits include company paid individual and family medical, dental, and long term disability benefits, in addition to 401k retirement and profit sharing. This position also has many promotional and career advancement opportunities for other positions.
* NOTE THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. ONLY HIGHLY EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY. CANDIDATES WILL BE THOROUGHLY SKILLS TESTED *
* STRONG BLUEPRINT READING, GD&T, CMM OPERATION, AND MATH SKILLS ARE REQUIRED. ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE THOROUGHLY SKILLS TESTED *
This role is expected to perform, including but not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Work Cell Leaders in performing and approving First Article Inspections.
- Conduct measurements In-Process Inspections to support Machinist Technicians.
- Perform all Receiving Inspection of incoming material and validate certifications.
- Submit and administer all Non-Conformances for Material Review Board processing.
- Administer CMM Inspections including setup, fixturing and running of a program.
- Develop Quality Inspection Forms for First Article and In-Process Inspections.
- Perform job setup kitting and staging for quality gages, inspection forms, CMM, etc.
- Lead quality troubleshooting root cause analysis with workcell teams.
- Perform AS9100 system audits and participate in Kaizen continuous improvement.
Critical Skills Requirements
The ideal candidates should have and demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Strong blue-print reading with advanced understanding of Geometrical Dimension & Tolerance measurements (true position, surface profile, concentricity, etc).
- Proficiency utilizing advanced quality tools including Optical Comparators, Digital Height Gages, Surface Profilometer, Hardness Gages, Bore Gages, Thread Gages, etc.
- Proficiency using CMM software (COMSOS/PCDMIS) to work with 3-D solid models.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques for recording and analyzing process capability (CpK, Control Charts, Run Charts, Pareto Charts, FMEA).
- Highly Preferred – Previous Machining experience including CNC milling, CNC Turning.
- Highly Preferred – Previous background working in AS9100 quality system environment
- Highly Preferred – Previous operation of Mitutoyo Bright A710 w/ articulating probe.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and/or to regularly stand, walk, carry, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs during a 8 hour shift.
ABOUT ADEX MACHINING TECHNOLOGIES:
Recently named one of INC magazines “fastest growing companies” and featured on CNN TV (“New Face of Blue Collar Worker”) --- ADEX Machining Technologies is a Greenville SC based manufacturer of ultra-high precision machined prototypes and production components for aerospace, defense and energy/power generation markets. Our niche is machining super-alloy materials with tight .0002" tolerances and complex 4 and 5 axis geometries. We have tripled in size over last 3 years, achieved AS 9100 certification, installed the latest 5-axis machine tools, and moved into a new world class, climate controlled and security controlled facility. Customers include Boeing Commercial, Boeing Space & Defense, Curtiss-Wright, Gulfstream, Sikorsky, GE Aviation, GE Energy, Mitsubishi Power, GKN Aerospace, and much more!
ADEX Machining Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All applicants must provide proof of citizenship and submit to a criminal background check and random drug screening.