Title: Warehouse Associate Date: April 1, 2014
Reports to: Planning and Distribution Center Manager FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
This role is responsible for accurate, safe and on-time performance of general warehouse work in support of customer service/sales by receiving and storing incoming products, and preparing and shipping orders per customer specifications.
1. Reviews packing list or batch picking report detailing customer order to determine contents of order to be picked and shipped. Clarifies any questions about order. Retrieves ordered materials from staging and storage areas, utilizing forklift, pallet jack or 2-wheeler as needed to move materials efficiently. Manually counts parts to verify quantities that correspond accurately with packing slip. Prepares skids for shipment using a variety of computer systems to create shipping labels, weighing items for shipment and calculating tare weight, and wrapping skids using wrapping machine.
2. Prepares materials/products ordered for shipment. Boxes, or palletizes and wraps materials, using judgment to determine which packaging method is best for the item(s) to be shipped.
3. Operates electronic shipping scale to weigh customer order and prepares shipping labels using a variety of computer systems. Applies labels per shipper requirements and moves completed order to staging area to await pickup.
4. Receives shipments of products from vendors through common carrier shippers. Makes inspection against packing list to verify quantities, taking note of any variances found. Makes general inspection of product quality. Calls defects noted to Manager's attention and for decision to accept or reject. Stores incoming material/product in designated storage area.
5. Enters receiving into Dynamics to update inventory levels efficiently and accurately.
6. Performs cycle counts by manually counting inventory on a routine basis.
7. Processes customer and shipping returns. Works with Warehouse/Logistics Manager and Purchasing Manager when Items are returned for Quality Issues and completes the OPCL as necessary.
8. Keeps work areas clean and well organized.
9. Performs related duties as assigned or requested by the Warehouse/Logistics Manager.
10. Supports other areas of ADO Products as required.
1. High school education or equivalent education level to meet math and verbal job requirements.
2. Must be detail oriented and have one year of work experience performing warehouse shipping and/or receiving responsibilities.
3. Forklift trained as well as the ability for safe operation of a pallet jack, 2-wheeler, and other material moving and handling equipment.
4. Basic computer skills. Ex: pull, batch, sort, print, and the use of World-Ship program as well as Outlook program and the safety training programs. Basic ERP skills.
5. Thorough product knowledge.
6. Thorough organizational skills.
7. Basic understanding of Hazmat regulations and handling of Hazmat material.
8. Ability to use weight scales, banding machines and stretch wrapping machines.
9. Basic math skills to accurately count products calculate weights and assess shipping cost options.
10. Ability to read basic instructions and customer orders.
11. Ability to lift 75 pounds on a frequent basis.