ADP TotalSource Employee Reviews

Need to be mentally tough
Payroll Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 7, 2016
ADP TotalSource pays the highest compensation for all ADP business units. Management is great, the company is great, but the clients are horrible. The clients will try to steal your soul before the day is over.
Client HR Business Partner III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2015
ADP is a good place to work.
Very demanding work loads and sometimes unrealistic expectations
awesome people
not a lot of opportunities to advance in HR
Fun, lively workplace with well-treated employees
Wage Garnishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2015
I was a temporary employee with ADP TotalSource; it was my first corporate experience. My supervisor was a great guy, the team I worked alongside consisted of many unique individuals, many of which were quite sociable and were able to get the job done. All in all, I had an awesome first-time corporate experience. Sadly, it was only a temporary assignment, which is why I had to leave. If given the chance, I would love to work there again.
Pros
Polite people, good atmosphere, company treats employees well
Cons
Limited lunch selection. You will likely search around the area for food, but there's quite a variety of nearby places to choose from.
Corporate Culture of Lemmings
TotalSource District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2015
The benefits are great, if you can get past the micromanagement. Long hours, disjointed communication among other departments and general lack of humanity in the company. Grueling work hours.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management is heartless
temp to perm
business analyst (Current Employee) –  miami, flOctober 6, 2015
The company is very flexible with working remotely, the parking at the Miami location is a little overcrowded. The training is efficient, technology is up to date.
Experience at ADP
Sr. HR BUSINESS PARTNER IV (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 29, 2015
I have learned to multi-task effectively, all the while delivering stellar service to my clients. Internal systems errors and management styles are a challenge
Productive work enviorment team orinented
Employee Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of logging into our systems, check any previous cases that require Follow up, check emails, login to the phones start taking calls. I learned a lot of information about Health insurances how they operate, also Payroll and how to calculate payroll. Mangement did not micromange and are curtios and helpful. Handeling calls with very upset irate employees was difficult at times. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you helped people make the best desicions for themselfes and thier families reguarding best health options to choose.
Pros
lunch room on site, lunch provided for overtime
Cons
working for over 12months with no benefits not advancement or permanant position
TotalSource is not SBS or Majors
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2012
The TotalSource division was a bit different from the rest of ADP. I wont exactly say we were the stepchild, but we were different for sure. The PEO sale is more delicate than the payroll sale and therefore, the type of people and business varied. We were looked down upon by those in SBS and Majors. With the political environment and the book of business in the medical arena inside TotalSource, it was just too much red tape inside the Big Red Machine to get work done and make money.
Pros
professional environment and quality management
Cons
internal red tape and compensation
Good company to work for
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2013
As a long-term temp I worked at ADP, the company that gave me the assignment was Randstad Temp Agency.

At ADP, I enjoyed my co-workers and the management team. I worked in the HR Department as an HR Admin. and there it was more hands on with the clients and the client's employees. Which was very enjoyable.

There I was able to help individuals with minor problems. The hardest part was attending so many staff meetings, which put the work I had to do on hold; however, these meeting were very beneficial.
Tough
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2013
This was a TOUGH job. It required that the only person I could deal with was the owner of a company and then I needed to show enough value in our product that the owner would then need to severe their relationship with all areas of HR outside of the company. They would need to end their insurance relationship, payroll relationship, compliance relationship, etc.

TotalSource is a holistic approach to HR administration. It lumps all those services into one package and leverages many companies within our network of TotalSource clients to get the best rates and hold those rates stable due to the size of our network of thousands of companies and tens of thousands employees within hose companies.

It was an ALL of nothing deal.
Pros
outside sales, working wtih all different types of industries
Cons
all or nothing type of sale
Great place to work.
Sr. Money Movement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2013
There was job security. It was a very family orientated environment. Everyone is always available to help one another. Able to work with very little supervision. In Collections, daily work is to make sure the AR Aging is current. If there was any issues then the client must be contacted. Management is always helpful. Enjoyable place to work.
ADP TotalSource is a great company
Account Manager/HRBP (Former Employee) –  OK/TXSeptember 21, 2012
A typical workday is as diverse as the company. Management for my area forn the most part was friendly and informative. Not a lot of direction. This position was very self-directed. Since I was the only HRBP/Account Manager in the state I did not have a chance to gain a full relationship with co-workers in other states. Virtually, the team was helpful. The hardest part of my position was building strong relationships with clients in other states. Also, knowing expectations since the position and company (Total Source) was new to my state. Brand new office. Most enjoyable part of the job was definately building relationships with clientsand seeing the relationships grow. I also enjoyed the sales team and working with Broker Business Partners.
Pros
benefits, team spirit, and technology
Cons
logistics and communications
Great company to work with
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2012
ADP TotalSource was a great company to work for. It was a sales environment and everyone worked very well as a team. The company had great benefits and took care of their people. The company as a whole decided to eliminate the position of Sales Administrator therefore resulting in the end of my employment with ADP.
great company, but not a lot of job security
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  MiamiMarch 17, 2015
I enjoyed the work I did and my co-workers. It seems like a great company, but there appears to be a lot of turnover. Take from that what you will.
Pros
great facility
Cons
no job security
Wonderful company, superior product!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2012
ADP is a solid AAA rated company! If my division had not gone through some major changes I would not have left the company. My manager was an amazing manager and ADP is a great company to work for and do business with.
Pros
great product! fantastic benefits, work/life balance!
Best company to work for!!!!
HRBP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
ADP Totalsource is on of the best companies I've worked for! Everyone is knowledgeable, and the environment encourages, training and development. A true team environment!
Great place to develop your career and technical knowledge of ASO and PEO
Senior District Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2012
ADP Totalsource, an industry leader in PEO Nationally is a great product offering. The culture of success and innovation in technology offers great exposure to the industry.
Professional and High Level environment to work in.
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 28, 2013
A typical day is fast paced dealing with emails, client phone calls, and ongoing Account management projects and initiatives.
Since I handle 85+ clients from all the NE states, I learn something new about Employment related laws everyday.
I don't hold a management position, but work fairly autonomously with my client base discussing various employment issues with owners, managers, or designated client contacts.
Being on a team of 10 fellow HR Business Partners, I enjoy working with all of them, collaborating with them on a variety of Employment concerns.
The hardest part of the job is a quiet day, since I truly enjoy addressing the various issues clients encounter with their employees and employment concerns.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the client relationships I have built with my various client contacts over the past 4 years.
Pros
the high professional training provided to all hrbp's.
Cons
lack of succession planning
A good Crew
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 26, 2013
I worked with some wonderful people their, the room for growth was a plus for me. I moved from billing Specialist to New accounts. Unfortunately for me ADP saw a drop in new accounts and laid me off, last one in first one out.
Pros
advancement
Cons
laid off
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table (really).
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 20, 2014
Great culture of teamwork both within division and between divisions. Great pay and great rewards for performance.
Pros
pretty much everything
Cons
not a whole lot