ADP
1,099 reviews

ADP United States Employee Reviews

Excellent Compensation- Satellite office so few advancement opportunities
Sr. Client Account Specialist IV (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, fun job, never a dull moment, above average pay
I was employed with ADP for almost 10 years. When first hired I was the youngest in the company. I learned fast and quickly moved up to the most senior position that I could attain being in the satellite office with the main office being located in Atlanta, Georgia. Management was excellent and was always approachable, even though they were physically located in either Georgia or Tampa, Florida. My co- workers and sub-ordinates were wonderful and felt like a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring the accounting knowledge that was not part of my job description but helped me to advance to a senior position in a very short time. Pay raises were knowledge based and it was very rewarding. The hardest part of the job was hitting the plateau of getting to the point where I would need to physically move to advance any further in the company and, with a large family and small children in school, this was not an option for me. Everyone was very understanding and I still refer people to the company all the time.
Very organized and considerate company
Remote Software Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 9, 2015
Great company to represent. Always with the latest in technology. Very helpful to clients and new payroll software. Very inviting and organized place to work. This job can become difficult while to trying to give explanations to clients via phone/e-mail about new and upcoming products.
Provides an opportunity to work at one of the leading Payroll Companies in the nation. Proven reputation of customer service excellence.
Regional PC Support Manager (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 9, 2015
Pros: Working with a team of highly motivated individuals towards a goal of product/service excellence.
Cons: Being on-call for issues and support
This job requires management of multiple individuals with high levels of training and expertise.

You must be able to be on-call and are responsible for the satisfaction of thousands of customers within the region.

Must have experience in all financial aspects, including budgeting for staff, equipment, training etc.

This is team environment in which all employees play an important role in the success of the product and service they provide to our customers.
Definitively the work environment and the people I worked with was an incredible experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: Wonderful benefits and perks
I worked for ADP for almost 23 years.
It was and amassing experience. A great opportunity, since the day I started.
I learned a whole lot, how the company woks and the different steps to susses in the industry.
I enjoy the environment and the people I worked with. Great management and interpersonal skills.
Worst place to grow IT career
Lead Manager, Technology (Former Employee), Florham ParkApril 8, 2015
Pros: Business unit has many good folks
Cons: The IT executives are the worst compared any other similar company.
The business units has some great people, but the IT is full of rouge uneducated, inexperienced executives, who got into the company through reservations and made the IT department a nightmare for any new comers.
Great benifits offered
Payroll Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), San DimasApril 8, 2015
Pros: HealthCare
Cons: stressful
High paced active job place.
Use great tools to be competitive
constantly growing and adapting to compete with other payroll companies.
Great client service
Fabulous vision
(TAM) - Client Account Executive II (Current Employee), Eagle Point, ORApril 8, 2015
Leadership have a fabulous vision leading ADP Total Absence Management into the future with enhanced intuitive client-facing products.
Great company to work for
Server Operations Senior Console Operator, (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Great College tuition reimbursement program that put me through under graduate and graduate school.
Money motivated atmosphere.
Associate District Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on friday.
Cons: Lack of respect for employees credibility.
Overall the sales department was a fun, motivated, fast paced environment. Great initial training. Your typical day as an ADM was prospecting new business and meeting with clients.
Productive, Fun environment, with a lot of room for growth
AVS Amendments, Clerical (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch once in a while, dress attire was casual, and on Fridays we had activities
Cons: it was a tempt job
A typical day at work would consist of clocking in at 7am and starting my day with paper work. All day i would work side by side with the team lead. I would help my co-workers. I signed checks, mailed out checks, counted letters, faxed, made copies, made spreadsheets, and anything that had to do with clerical duties. There was nothing too hard for me to do and if I needed help with anything my co-workers were more than happy to help.
Overall a great company to work for.
Sr. Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
Pros: Fortune 500 Company
Cons: Lots of off shore hiring.
Great company to work for but a bit behind on the homeshore train. Also lots of off shore help they need more US employees.
this was a 3 week contract that extended to 6 months
Contract Recruiter - Independent full (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: short term contract
I owned full cycle recruiting for all payroll functions at the location. I was also provided the opportunity to help with process improvement in other areas. An example is that the new hire process was broken due to a layoff where part of the process was handled by a position that no existed. I was able to meet with different groups and work through the political process to automate the process with a low price add on to the IT ticketing system
Not the best place to work, poor work-life balance, SALES focus, not service focused.
Human Resources Business Partner III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits, the people are good to work with and some are very helpful.
Cons: Trying to keep up with client engagement while negotiating renewals for benefits is near impossible.
I would only recommend this company to people who are sales focused and don't care much about providing the best service.
Great place to start
District Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Too many over-lapping partners, no clear business strategy besides "more units". This can be a great place to start if you are ready to work hard and not see monetary benefits until later in your career.
Software Developer (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAApril 2, 2015
Great place to work. I worked there for a lot of years. The IT department is being relocated to a new office in Pasadena, CA.
ADP
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
ADP is a great place to be employed. I learned many skills about payroll, taxes and sales! The management team is very informative and they were always available if i was in need. Since my contract has ended, I seek employment from a reputable company hoping to be in the payroll industry or management!
ADP Management
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 30, 2015
there is a lot to be desired when it comes to the management structure and style in certain BU"s.

Typical day consists of processing manual checks and answering cases and processing for the weekly and bi weekly payrolls.
Temporary
Shipping Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2015
I worked here through a temp agency and it was a nice, laid back job. I don't have much to go on to really complete this review.
Hard Work
Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
All sales all the time. Learned a ton about cold calling and relationship management.Great comp plan for sales associates.
Great atmosphere, work-life balance
Web Tier Intern (Current Employee), Roseland, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent management, work-life balance
Cons: Set in their way of doing things, not the most challenging of roles
This is a great place to be if one is looking for a good work-life balance, flexible hours and decent pay.
However, for someone looking for fast-paced, cutting edge technical exposure, probably wall street is the right place to be. It all comes down to what you expect from your job,

About ADP

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource – Read more

ADP Salaries