ADP Employee Reviews

Found 1,553 reviews matching the search
Busy days, great team.
Funding, Risk & Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 22, 2016
Days are busy, everyday all day. I work 3 different business units, work projects and train temps and new hires often. I have a great team though the majority of my team is located in San Dimas California therefore my team in NJ is only a few associates. I've learned a great deal and continue to learn everyday. Prior to ADP, payroll was not my expertise though I have managed to master my job, and excel at what I do. I've received many awards and accolades, and also a promotion a couple of years ago.
Pros
Cons
1/2 hour lunches
Great company to work for
Urgent Request Representative (FedEx | UPS) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2016
ADP was a great company to work for. However, they did not want to make my position permanent after 3 years of service to provide me with healthcare benefits when I needed it the most (18 years ago).
Pros
Excellent culture/people
Cons
No permanent positions/healthcare benefits offered
No Advancement
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2017
Barely room to grow. Let's say you do, and you're promoted. You're only allowed up to a 10% increase in salary and 10% being the max if you have a manager that fought for you. So what happens is that when you're promoted, having most likely already been underpaid to begin with, you receive your 6-8% (on average) increase, lets say you got lucky and they give you 10...you still fall below the minimum for the new job grade you fall in. The max increase cap is in effect for anyone and any position, no matter how far away from the minimum you are. Which creates such outrageous inequities. It's common knowledge that staying with most of the larger corporate entities that surround you and growing from within end up hurting you in terms of pay. But not even making the job grade minimum gives me zero interest in growing with a company that doesn't compensate me not even the minimum of what my colleagues would be receiving.

About 80% of employee's at a certain level start off working as temps and are forced to stay as one for up to 2 years, I've heard of someone working as a temp for 5. There's no room to grow, the benefits are awful considering this is what they offer among other things. I've heard of small companies paying for their employee + family's healthcare entirely. ADP's plans are awful and very expensive.
Health Care Reform Implementation
Implementation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2017
This is a fun company with great benefits. The work/life balance is greatly appreciated. This is a new company within ADP and the management works hard to get things right.
ADP is a great company to learn payroll, benefits, and HR.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
ADP is a great company to learn payroll, benefits, and HR. I recommend leaving once you have learned all that you could possibly learn.

A company the size of ADP should be able to provide some sort of bonuses or a gainshare bonus for direct reports, not just the MGRS. After all, the direct reports are putting in hours and are the primary contact for clients.

Overworked and underpaid, yet there is so much talent that lies in the tenure of some of the employees. I don't see why some people choose to stay and get content with making the current wages that they are making.
Pros
Benefits; Always room to learn
fun workplace great benefits
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJFebruary 8, 2017
management tries to create a fun office environment. benefits are good. job is tough but pay is rewarding, company tries to promote from within which is goo, lots of room for advancement
Large company always growing
Tele-data entry rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2017
This is a very large company, always improving. This company embraces change and always has room for growth. They reviewed the employees constantly and promoted good work ethics. Compensation was great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not very flexible to family needs
fun working enviroment
RSM Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2016
everyone willing to help all employees have been there for more than 20 years very secure job with great benefits, people always happy to assist,excellent pay, advancement opportunities
Pros
bonus, vacation, weekends
Cons
overtime not allowed
Nice people to work with but low pay
Retirement Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 11, 2016
The people are very friendly and nice. The pay scale is low and the raises are very low. The company does not listen to the employees who have great ideas for moving the company forward. If you are looking to work with a nice group of people this might be the company for you. If you are looking to make a great salary this might not be the company for you.
Pros
able to work from home sometimes
Cons
low pay
Excellent
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJDecember 7, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great benefits.Lack of career growth in certain departments and competitive pay. Input by employees taken seriously for improvement of business operations and procedures. Would refer friends here.
No work life balance - poor training, work overload, no management support
Implementation Consultant (HCM) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2016
Company culture is to hire employees in generic positions and add multiple positions to their daily duties, resulting in one person working several jobs that previously were held by others.
Benefits
Cons
Numbers, numbers and more numbers; employee and client support suffers
Best place to work...PERIOD
Regional Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2016
I spent 15 years at this awesome company! Started as a Sales Rep and left as a VP. They are BIG on developing their employees and set everyone up for success!
Pros
Great management team, great career path, great salary and benefits
Cons
Individual work teams fun, with good co-workers
Implementation Maintenance Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 9, 2016
Individual work teams fun, with good co-workers. Poor work / life balance. Poor job security. Compensation within industry standards. Health and dental benefits sub standard. 401k within industry standard
comprehensive global provider of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions
former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
"Very well established work life balance". "The ability to work from home is a huge benefit". There are great benefits and flexible hours
It is good
Sr Automation Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2017
It is excellent place to work. Work life balance, excellent team support, work from home on demand, learned new technologies, the benefits are very good.
Good place for starters
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Good place for starters. Not a great place for advancement. Lot of opportunities for learning technical skills. Good compensation. Not easy to move between different groups.
Family atmosphere, great company
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 23, 2016
ADP was an awesome experience. I learned a lot and wish I still worked there as I learned something new everyday. I would recommend this company for anyone with a strong payroll background and sales. A typical day was fast paced and high expectations from the clients. Most of my coworkers were tenured and grew with the company, Since I did not have a payroll background I found that it was tough to engage with the customer to exceed the client expectations. I enjoyed the collaboration and the assistance from my peers to help me succeed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of travel
Lead computer Operator / Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJNovember 23, 2016
ADP had good management. Learned lot with on the job training. Benefits and compensation are good. The contract work was given to IBM for the large amount of savings
Very supportive team members, great culture, but training program needs improvement
National Accounts Solution Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 11, 2016
I worked with a fun and incredibly knowledgeable team of people that had worked for ADP for decades. Working with the team was the best part of the job. The only drawback to my position was the lack of training on important processes, which, in my opinion, did not adequately prepare me to support the clients I was assigned to support. Having been a payroll processor for years, I was excited for the potential to learn all of the 'behind the scenes' functioning of ADP, but their one-month of training focused mainly on concepts I already understood. For the remainder of my training, it seemed that ADP expected me to 'learn by trial and error'. It was common for me to have to ask my experienced team members how they would solve the problem for a client, as ADP's extensive 'knowledge database' to which I had access never seemed to provide a solution. Going to my more experienced team members would always provide me several completely different solutions, some adequate, some not, but would invariably interrupt THEIR incredibly overloaded work day. I would have liked working for ADP more if I had been given a broader range of structured training.
Pros
Great people, fantastic team environment, fun activities, great benefits
Cons
Lack of adequate training, work assignment overload
Overall a good place to work.
Infrastructure & Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 20, 2016
ADP was a great place to work, friendly co-workers and great compensation comparatively. There are a ton of great resources when working here, and it gives you the opportunity to work in an environment not often found, due to the global reach of ADP.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.