ADP
1,050 reviews

ADP Employer Reviews

Amazing Company
CLIENT SERVICES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: day 1 benefits, bonuses, overall company culture
Cons: stress
When I interviewed I was told the position would be, "the hardest job you've ever had". I can say that was the truth. But it was extremely rewarding, and there was always so much to learn. My role was heavily client facing. I was constantly interacting with other internal departments as well. Upper management is determined to make sure that associates are focusing on the overall business objectives. Most of my co-workers were really helpful, but like anywhere there may always be 1 or 2 bad apples. The most difficult part of the job was managing the volume of work that needed to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reward of knowing that you made a difference to your clients. If you enjoy dealing with and interacting with clients and various personalities, and you have the willingness and capacity to learn in a constantly changing environment this is a great company in which you can build a career .
Used to be a great place, with smart management and people - but that has been lost over time.
IT - Product Development (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nothing any more -- used to be lots of pros for them
Cons: too many to type. see my review.
When I started working for ADP, I was so happy and proud to be working for them. However, the management style under the current CEO has become completely disconnected from the reality of the business. Product development is completely disjointed, and run by mangers who do not seem to be properly skilled. The company seems to care more about profits and stock prices then they do about customers or employees. The expectation is to work 12 - 14 hour days and the lay offs occur twice a year without any notice. Excessive off shoring makes it really hard to deliver quality product.
Great work environment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: coworkers, benefits, job satisfaction
Cons: salary, processing programs need updating
The employees and departments are very easy to work with. Internal communication has progressively gotten better and each department has improved proficiency over the last 3 years. ADP Student Accounts is especially positive with the best supervisors! The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with student requests and appeasing them all. The most enjoyable part is learning something new everyday and being able to help students so they can focus on their studies.
Great place to work but looking for more
Project Manager (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 26, 2015
ADP has great benefits and advancement. Management is great and really wants you to suceed. I work from home which is also a great benefit along with a pension plan.
Great work-life balance and fun people!
Vermont District Manager - Major Accounts (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun work environment and excellent hours
Cons: tough to find the correct answers on the software. more thorough training needed!
Get into the office at 8:30, leave at 5. You are expected to do your 35 cold calls for the day ( if you are new business that that be tough because you are calling a lot of the same accounts every day). You are encouraged to partner with other sales people because it helps generate more business for yourself.

The bonuses are not bad, but the base pay is so low that by the time you actually get the bonus, you NEED it and are behind on bills (not fun if you are a college grad). You're selling software so expect a long sales process and a sometimes lengthy implementation period. Overall ADP is a great company to work for and the benefits are terrific. The hours are the best I ever had!

Make sure to partner if you are in sales. This will help give you variety to your day, and help you learn the HRIS system much faster.
Joke
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: management, work life balance, very stressful with no rewards.
Client service is the WRONG department to get into!! They hold you back and only advancement rarely happens; i have been trying to move departments for two years.
Managers pick and choose what rules to follow and play favorites. Upper management is even worse. Basically, employees in client services area treated horrible and expected to over produce with limited resources.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible, great co-workers
Cons: long hours at times
I really enjoyed my time at ADP. The company tuition reimbursement, stock purchase, and pension all make the overall value that ADP puts into their employees exceptional. At times you would be required to work long hours, but my management and team were truly supportive. I enjoyed working on a cross functional team that worked with many other departments. Truely a great company to work for!
wonderful place to work
Bilingual Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Great work environment it was hard when I transferred to from Georgia to California and had to work via satellite.
Fast paced
Unemployment Hearings Rep (Former Employee), San Dimas CaJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed 17 years at ADP. Due to outsourcing my job was eliminated.
Employment at ADP
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: vacation time
I Enjoyed working for this company immensely. They ensure the employees are receiving the training necessary to preform their responsibilities.

Management although were there to ensure work was completed still treated the employees with empathy & patience.

Great benefits were also offered. stability
Please see below
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: heavy call volume at certain times
I have truly enjoyed my work experience at ADP. I have had very positive experiences dealing with some clients on a long term basis but recently I have been assisting clients on a one & done basis. I enjoy those experiences also. I have great co workers who give me support and information. I also have worked with a variety of managers who review our calls and supply us with positive feedback. It is also an environment where you get helpful advice about how to handle clients who are not having a great payroll experience . On line classes are available and job mentoring. There is always something new and different to learn and I am up for that challange.
I enjoy the job I was doing
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: i really learn a lot.
Cons: i really wish i could have learn more.
I really enjoy the job I had at ADP. I temp with ADP for 3 years until they let me go and 1 year later they call me back and hire me for a position in the company.
ADP
District Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Mondays-Office
Tuesday-Thursday In the Field selling
Friday-Office
Good
QA Lead / Scrum Master (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Was part of Aspect development which was taken over by i2 which was a fortune 500 company. Best of my IT time was here, nice atmosphere and felicities.
B2B sales position
District Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2015
The best thing about ADP is the constant competition and drive to overcome any sales impediment. It is a company that directly rewards achievement and places focus on merit above all else.
I learned the ropes on how to successfully canvass, develop, and generate revenue from a geographic territory.
Work Environment
Executive Admin Assistant and SOX Finance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Adp is a good starting company with an overall balance between work and home life.
Dedicated and accomplished Executive Administrative Assistant with 20 years of experience assisting Senior Management and C-level executives.
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Roseland, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: being a contractor
A typical work day was assisting the Relocation department Director with the client policies, redlining using ms word and excel, and also assisting the relo team with daily request for new transferees.

I learned that information needs to be shared, and that I have a wealth of knowledge waiting to be shared with a strong team.

My co-workers were individual contributors to the bottom line
This company is no loger a pleasure to work at;. But pays well
Payroll Specialist - COS (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay, good benefits
Cons: has become more of a sweat shop. required to do more with less resources
I started working in ADP 20 years ago. They were more professional and the environment, though high pressure was pleasant to work in years ago.
Multitasking
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, NHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: stress
*Constantly answering emails and taking calls from clients and associates from other departments such as HR and Benefits.
*Processing Payrolls and making sure we are in compliance with the IRS
*Researching client issues
*Learning state laws and wages
*High Stress of meeting deadlines, giving white glove service to clients, responding to emails in a timely manner
Great Job Experience
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: job security, always had work, steady paycheck
Cons: department ending, worked to be noticed and when the company was noticed and acquired losing the small company charm
A typical day at work was to clock in at 9 a.m. go to my cubicle and receive a pile of work prioritized according to deadline. I worked in the data entry department of a vehicle valuations company that prided itself on 24-hour turn around time. The data entry department was the "heart beat" of the company. The work flowed to the DE department first, then went out to the analysts who attached three comparable vehicles for the damaged vehicle, and the back to the DE department to enter that data into the database, then out to the senior analysts who then assessed the "true market value" of the original vehicle.

What I learned from the whole experience is the importance of communication and teamwork. A good, flexible attitude is crucial when working in this sort of fast paced environment. My co-workers worked overtime to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was keying the last of the paper documents when the data entry department was closing and going paperless. It was like working myself out of a job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was job stability up until the last few days.

About ADP

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource – Read more

ADP Salaries