Distribution Yard Manager - Trainee
Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc., the world’s largest producer of corrugated HDPE pipe is recruiting for a Distribution Yard Manager Trainee at our Kansas City, MO location.
The Yard Manager Trainee is a developmental role for future openings, therefore, willingness to relocate is an expectation. This position requires experience in routing local delivery trucks, dealing with customer sales calls and hands-on inventory control. This includes order management, customer service, load efficiencies, equipment maintenance and driver management and administration, including driver recruiting and driver qualifications.
The position will be also be responsible for safely and accurately loading and unloading all deliveries made and received by ADS and also the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Class A Commercial Driver License would be a plus.
The candidate should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOT and transportation regulations and freight issues
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree or technical school preferred
- Able to perform heavy physical aspects of the position (frequent pushing/pulling/twisting/mounting & dismounting of equipment)
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Previous supervisory experience, strong customer service experience and previous freight/logistics experience
- We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and, all full-time employees are automatically enrolled in a company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Indeed - 14 months ago