ADURO team members are driven by a general sense of Awesome. It's never "we can't do it", it's "let me find a way." You must be compelled to roll up your sleeves and produce results without much management, be nice to people, and love to operate in an ever-changing environment. We work together in close quarters and produce high quality work in short amounts of time. You must learn fast and implement faster. Bonus points for a quick wit and sense of humor – you have to be able to hold your own here, including bringing inspiration and feedback to fellow team members and clients and accepting the same in return.
This isn’t a job to show up to. It is a chance to make a difference. Here’s how:
- Create engaging designs that inspire people to take action and support the service team in increasing and maintaining high participation in well-being initiatives.
- Execute on consistently emerging design demands with short deadlines. Example: Crank out at least 2 client well-being brands and 10 challenge designs in 2 weeks time, produced for both print and web.
- Use your collaborative skills as a production artist to match another designer’s style and finish the work that they started with a quick turnaround.
- Lead conference calls with corporate clients to understand their culture and develop unique, winning designs on the first round to the client’s brand specifications while strongly representing the ADURO style.
- Use your stellar organizational skills to collaboratively maintain a database of designs accessed by several designers and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Use HTML and CSS coding experience to problem solve and build out beautiful web pages in a content management system
There is other cool stuff about this job, like unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, awesome wellness program, benefits, and compensation, but none of that matters if you aren’t super stoked by what you will be doing every day. When you join our team, you become a part of our family. Your well-being is important to us, and at the top of the list is your ability to show up fully alive every day.
Desired Skills & Experience
If you can accomplish the above, then you’ve got what it takes. Realistically though, you’ll need to be a master of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, CSS, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, so a degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications may be helpful. And let’s face it, you have to be one of the most organized and responsive people we’ve ever met. Having your own Mac laptop with at least Adobe CS5 will offer you remote work opportunities. Bonus skills that will make you a candidate for full-time employment are web & app development, copyrighting, and Wordpress development and design.
How to apply
Channel your excitement into an awesome cover letter. Tell us how your strengths will make you stand out as the clear choice, and share an example of a great accomplishment that will make us confident you will rock in this role.