AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,352 reviews matching the search
So so at best
STOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2016
The job has a lot of room for improvement. I was told that there would be sufficient training. That wasn't the case.
The procedures are all reliant on who is in the room, if the manager is in the room all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. When the supervisor was in the room, incidents were deliberately ignored on their order. If this was ever caught the supervisor would place the blame on the operators.
The pay is ok for what the job involves. The benefits were very expensive.
Overall this job would be much better if the management were replaced, and better benefits were included
Aecom
Field Services Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 27, 2016
AECOM is a great place to work and learn Construction Management. As a Construction Superintendent, I was able to interact with different contractors on a "work order" basis" and learned more about RFP procedures and contract timelines to complete projects to final closeout.
Pros
Salary is competitive
Cons
Contract work. Lack of job security
Aecom is a run down ate up company.
Slave (Current Employee) –  usaOctober 28, 2016
Benefits are a thing of the past for this company. Health insurance benefits are doubling in price and the coverage is going down. Look to spend 20-30% of your salary for health coverage. In 2017 you will be penalized for having a working spouse on your insurance plan.
Pros
The only raise you can count on is the cost of your health insurance going up.
Cons
They don't charge you for working here yet.
Very challenging yet satisfying
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2016
Would be a great place to work if there were any hope for pay increases. The job itself is very satisfying working along side with various government officials, There is no room for advancement, but much training is provided to ensure that everyone is the best that they can be at their own jobs.
Pros
quarterly lunches
Cons
no raises, mediocre benefits
No work/life balance
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2016
The company offer a variety of benefits and paid above average compensation. The costs were average in the industry.

There is constant change coming from Corporate leadership which resulted in a stressful work environment.

No work/life balance due to long hours.
Good company and people, needs direction from management
Document Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
Good company and people,nice atmosphere, flexible on start and end times. There are many online training platforms, just need more practical application and direction for the long term. Benefits are decent, just raised rates.
Friendly co-workers
Assistant to Director of Gas & Liquefaction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2016
Friendly atmosphere and good team experience. Good work culture and enjoyed working with management and friendly co-workers. Enjoyed extra-curricular events and celebrations.
Benefits
Cons
Management; layoffs
average benenfits
Mechanical Process Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2016
Tried to do the best I could with little training. Management was puppet to the host company and would throw us under the bus to make themselves look better.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
bad supervisor and management
Only concern is their bottom line.
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 29, 2016
Worked with the legacy company Washington group and URS. Once aecom took over the feel of a big company set in. Soon it was evident all the company cared about is their bottom line.
Absolutely no thought given about their employees unless it somehow benefits the company.
Dead end road
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WISeptember 19, 2016
No raises, no weekends, no room for advancement, high turn around rate, poor corporate managers, and micromanaging. Not to mention the horrible benefits!
Cons
benefits, advancement, pay, and leadership
unable to rate
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 18, 2016
I prefer not to answer this as the last 4 years has been the worst I've ever gone through. To begin with the job was fun and I learned a lot. But 4 years ago, we became a service center with a new manager who changed the entire atmosphere of the office and our jobs. And then 2 years ago we went under a different division of the company and URS was bought by a company named AECOM and things just got worse. People were being laid-off until it got to my position and then 10 of us lost our jobs. In the last 4 years I went from 9% raises to 1% and 0%
Pros
none as of 4 years
Cons
horrible moral, under paid - I could go on but I don't want to
Great place to learn and utilize existing talents.
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2016
Excellent employer with great benefits and management. A team approach to construction projects is beneficial for all and is followed very well by co-workers and management alike.
Great
Data reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
The company has been focusing on Employee development and satisfaction in recent months. benefits could be better. not very competitive. Management can also be improved
Great People
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 5, 2016
I was always busy helping any department I could. I learned a lot of new skills at this office and I have a great time developing a wellness program for the office.
Pros
stable and friendly
Cons
compensation for amount of tasks taken on
Great work athmosphere, full of great co-workers.
CAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Quiet place, easy to get things done.
Co-workers willing to teach you anything you ask.
Hardest part of job is that we hardly get to work overtime.
Other than that, it really is a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits. Opportunity to learn as much as you can.
Cons
No OT, parking.
stressful
Facilities Specialist / Maintenance Custodian (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 13, 2016
its good pay but the workload is crazy. They don't show employees no appreciation for the work we do. The benefits are good. Its really no room for growth.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
workload overwhelming
Good Experience working with the Company
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 24, 2016
I trust that everyone will form their position individually, but on the better part of this particular company, I have no complaints nor praises.
Informatve and productive place to work
LEAD DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
The environment is pleasant, friendly and professional. I learned a vast amount of skill sets which helped me towards my management career. My co-workers were very efficient and diligent in working as a team. The most difficult part of the job was the internal politics, lack of planning, limited knowledge in managment from a production standpoint. Unfortunatly, there wasn't clear/consice descision making inwhich affected the direction of projects. There was 2 sets of 'laws' and alot of internal turmoil between groups. The most enjoyable part of the job was being sucessful reaching deadlines enlight of the time constraints/challenges.
Pros
professional people, access to latest software
Cons
lack of direction, communication and equalites
Was Hired as Part-Time, Then Was Forced to Moved to Sub or Eliminated
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
- Lots of CBTs upon hiring. (as required for account requests, etc)
- Waited months to be "cleared" in certain areas.
- Program Manager's latest actions after the contract recompete caused a massive turnover rate and over 10-20% paycuts. I went from 63k/yr hourly to 55k/yr salary. (Expects lots of under-manned/under-trained personnel in a few months)
- Employees are now salary and no more incentive pay. (Differential, Shift Lead pay, etc.)
- Training program is unorganized (Manuals, learn on the job, etc.)
- In the end, horrible pay for a TS/SCI clearance w/industry certification compared to a similar civilian job requirement of at least 70k/yr
Pros
Night Shift
Cons
No Growth/Long Wait To Be Cleared
Dead end job.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2016
Though the company has many good aspects the work environment
is not a high moral kind of place and many people dread going to work.
Pros
benefits offered, set hours, work is not too difficult
Cons
benefits take huge chuck of check, work is monotonous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.