AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: flexible days of work, people are nice, easy to learn
Cons: too big of a company, you get lost and unnoticed, not enough energy and vision from leaders
The company is ok but not very active or energetic. People leave too fast due to poor management or lack of vision or they get laid off. It doesn't provide much job security. Overall the company culture is lost due to too many acquisitions. It's too corporate and too big for a design firm.
Don't waste your time...
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, lunch/breaks, and the location.
Cons: Management, favoritism, disorganized, and management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers. The building and location was nice too.

The least enjoyable is having to learn new processes without training. There were too many new systems being implemented without ample testing. They always talked about the importance of "Team-work." You can't have one person's input and expect these new systems to work properly. Also, don't believe them when they tell you that you are a good worker. They'll recognize you for your good work, then get rid of you. Management just sees you as a number.

If you're looking for job security, appreciation, and good Management, stay away...
Typical engieering and construction firm and working atmosphere
Supervising Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Flex day (alternate Friday off) schedule
Cons: Treated as a commodity; top heavy management; convoluted organization
AECOM is now one of the largest engineering and construction firms since the acquisition of URS Corp. It is typical of the other owners of the legacy companies with average benefits. Growth opportunities have diminished and there is significant turnover of personnel in the Power Group.
Poor Executive Management
Project Manager (Former Employee), Piscataway New JerseyJuly 13, 2015
Lost opportunities and failure to grow the business due to excessive mergers and aquisitions resulting in losing a growing energy business
Productive and fun place to work withe great workers
Assistant Structural Bridge Engineer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: lots of experience on important projects
Cons: none
A typical day at work was to write reports about the tunnels and bridges we inspected the days before. I learner that team work is extremely important in order to accomplish all the work. my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning while i was adapting myself to write lots of reports at once on top of inspecting tunnels and bridges during the night. The most enjoyable part was free beagle Fridays.
Exciting place to work
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJuly 8, 2015
EGG/URS have been very good to me. I have had many opportunities to advance and add numerous task to my role at AECOM. The people are great to work with and make the job so much better!
Overall good place to work.
Program Analyst/Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Crane, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, ample leave time earned
Cons: I work on a Navy Base, off-site of AECOM Office, this makes for some lack of communication.
Very pleasant place to work, get along well with all staff. My only conflict is that I do not work at the AECOM Regional Bldg. and communications are sometimes delayed or dropped totally for myself.
Comfortable Environment
System Administrator II (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2015
I was Active Duty Navy for 6 years and transitioning to civilian life was made easy by the environment at AECOM. I feel comfortable with using the knowledge that I attained while in the Navy and using it everyday.
Huge company, can get lost
Counterintelligence Chief (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Pay is out of sight
Cons: Too big to feel noticed.
I had a great division and a lot of fun, but I promise you'll get lost in the shuffle, I've been to headquarters before and didn't know anyone.
Professional Environment
Administrator Support (Current Employee), Springflield VAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: No opportunity available
Daily software use: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook calendar, Adobe InDesign, Publisher
Operating Systems: Active Directory, , Voyager Circulation System. Work Speed, Maximo,
elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: culture that values opportunity for growth
Cons: laid off
Division payroll coordinator bi-weekly payroll for the IE group, review and run bi-weekly reports, prepare bonus , maintain payroll information
only words
Employee Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: $100 towards parking or transit
Cons: poor benefits and lack of work life balance
At first I was excited to work for a firm that claims it was making a difference in the world, that soon wore off. for AECOM its all about the money.

I've worked for some large corporations in the past, but never anything like this. AECOM has some real problems and now that they've merged with URS, trouble is on the way.

I would not recommend this company to anybody with a family. If you work here, make sure your children have a recent photo of you otherwise they may forget what you look like.

Overall, AECOM claims to have a strong "work life balance" but in the end, these are merely words on a website...and nothing more.

AECOM will soon tumble....and as the old saying goes, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".
good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: good salery
Cons: ail and gas ups and downs
very challenging work but good company. Excellent management team. Coworkers very skilled.Very good benefits. Mostly enjoyable but very challenging projects require good reasoning skills out of the box.
Productive working environment. Good management.
IA / Acquisition / Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJune 24, 2015
Responsibilities include Information Assurance, Acquisition and Logistics support for our Government Clients; United States Marine Corps, Quantico.
Great Company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Understanding Management
Cons: Compensation
I would definitely recommend this company to anybody in the job market. This is a wonderful company to start your mid-level career. Excellent opportunities available always.
Run AWAY as fast as you can
A unhappy employee (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Looking for a new job
This company is too top heavy and senior management has lost touch with what's going on. It's all about the bottom line at the expense of the employees. Human resource is only interested in protecting management.
Fair place to work but very corporate
Public Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 18, 2015
I enjoy working at AECOM but most of the time I feel like I'm just a grain of sand compared to the whole company. It is very hard to advance to management.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), West AfricaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Professional Corporate support
Cons: None
Challenging contingency assignments associated with US DOS AFRICAP program. Robust support systems that have been tested.
Large construction and engineering projects worldwide
Accounts Payable Assistant, Orange (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 17, 2015
I focused primarily on the accounts payable area for this large organization. I enjoyed working with vendors in tracking down payments and working with them to set up their accounts. My co-workers were great in my division and the management often planned fun events for the employees.
Learn to focus and to finish the job.
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long hours.
: Military Contractor for AECOM, for the US ARMY in Afghanistan. Light Wheel & Heavy Mobile Equipment, Vehicle Mechanic, Humvee and 5 Ton & domestic Vehicles. Welding; Engine repair, transmission repair, Total restoration of Humvee or 5 tons, cab removal / replacement of harnesses, electrical troubleshooting, General maintenance/preventive maintenance, M-Raps. Repair and trouble shoot all areas of the Military vehicles, for the missions.

1 2 3 4 5

About AECOM

With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction – Read more

AECOM Salaries