AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

Challenging and provocative place to work
Senior Vice President/Strategic Pursuit Leader, (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Large set of markets and strong talent base
Cons: Hard to maintain life balance
It was a challenging environment with very good teams of people throughout the organization. The array of markets and projects the firm was involved with made the work incredibly interesting. Working on pursuits throughout the US and in three large market sectors, allowed for the sales effort to always be refreshed and tailored to a specific pursuit.
Productive and active workplace
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Went out and reviewed the roads and tollways on a daily basis. Interacted with other interns when completing a task. Use a lot of microsoft office during the work week.
Highly respected company
Staff Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits, diversity, project work
Cons: management and training very limited
Limited mangement, large company with great opportunities and diverse professional environment. This is evedent by the San Francisco office which contains civil engineers, urban planners, environmental planners, architects, landscape architects, and more.
Large company not connected
Lead I&E (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: income
Cons: high stress
I'm assigned to a site where work is high stress. Not much contact with company. Joined with URS and it seems caotic. local management reminds me of the show survivor.
I would not sugest to work at this company
Contractor for Aerotek's assignment (Former Employee), chicago, ILMarch 12, 2015
Pros: doughnuts every friday
Cons: only an half an hour lunches
I will not suggest to work for this company because they Laid me off for the a reason that is not justified. I really wanted to retired form this company but they did not understand that. I wanted to be part of a Leader here but others thought I will take the job away. I was never brought up that way so that was not my initial thoughts
Too much instablity
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: pension, 401k, sick time, seniority
Cons: healthcare, reduction in force, lack of resources
A typical work day is trying to find enough resources including personnel to perform the tasks needed to be done. Managers perform with limited resources including personnel due to multiple lay offs. Customer complain because we do not have enough people to perform what needs to be done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is the day to day wondering if my job will be the next one cut because the funds are not appropriated. Most enjoyable is the paycheck, pension and 401k.
Great Atmosphere
Lockout/Tagout Specialist (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILMarch 11, 2015
Friendly atmosphere while working along some of the hardest working employees I have ever met.

I am currently the Lockout Tagout technician. I produce and keep the LOTO documents up to date.
AECOM
Project Controls (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 10, 2015
AECOM purchased URS in November 2014. They had never owned an engineering company that worked in the oil and gas industry before and a lot of their standard procedures do not fit. We were URS legacy to AECOM. The people there are hard workers that want to perform their jobs to the best of their ability. However, with the oil prices the way they are the industy has hit a slump and people are being laid off or put on leave without pay. Overall URS was a good place to work. I don't know what will happen in the future now that they are owned by someone else.
productive and many learning opportunities
Project Chemist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: job stabilty
8-5pm type of job with traveling 1week out of the month
- expanded knowledge in project management and database
- enjoyed the work environment and direct management
all right job.
automotive preper (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAMarch 2, 2015
AEcom is just a contractor company that isn't good in helping there employees with what they need in there job. not a bad company.
Constant Change
VMware System Engineer III (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great view from my office
Cons: management changes
AECOM sits in a very tight margin industry, and has only really grown through acquisitions. The latest acquisition, URS, puts AECOM on a path to "realize synergies" and "increase efficiencies". AECOM has been doing a lot of consolidating over the years and has a very frugal IT budget.
Excellent workplace, provided career advancement,
Scientist II (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAFebruary 17, 2015
I think AECOM is an excellent company to work for. They provided many opportunities for career advancement. The work done was challenging and engaging.
Beware of Bismarck, ND operation
Professional (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great coworkers!
Cons: poor management, no vision, lack of communication, poor operations planning
Great people in the URS/AECOM office. I very much enjoyed time with coworkers. Although, URS office manager is not capable and competent in Oil & Gas. He has been in Bismarck for 5 years with expectations to grow the office to 50 people. There currently are 9, 3 of which are straight overhead positions. It is just a store front office for Denver and Minneapolis, where all the work funnels. Stay clear until there is someone with a vision and strategy!
Lack of recognition, no advancement opportunities, bad management, poor compensation.
Roadway team leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros:

Opportunity to build a great resume and work on large, complex, and interesting projects.

Cons:

No recognition of good work and poor performance vs. pay ratio. No interest in promoting talented and capable people, even the opposite: if you are good, you are guaranteed to be where you are for years. Poor, poor, very poor pay scale, with salaries below market rate. Good place to start your career but if you want to advance, you need to leave.
Aecom URS
Control System Specialist 3 (Current Employee), Richmond, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: money is ok
Cons: not much real automation or controls work.
Have low expectations when working for this company, my experience is with URS Federal services Div. If you are only looking for experience then you will be fine here. If you are looking for a challenging controls engineering company then this is not for you for they job shop all the controls programming out to other engineering firms.
Productive and serious place to work.
Marketing (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good salaries, nice people
Cons: management is out of touch with lower level employees.
Excellent company, Great people and great benefits. Exciting times ahead for the AECOM/URS venture. The five stars at the top are not working. I give them a five-star rating on Compensation/Benefits.
Fun and informative workplace.
Mandatory Declassification Review Analyst (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Working as a mandatory declassification analyst has been a great opportunity to learn new and interesting facts in fields of great interest to me. The coworkers also contribute to a pleasurable work environment.
Good People, Good Work
Engineer (Current Employee), MDFebruary 9, 2015
Management was fairly easy to get along with, and work life is good. The issue for me was the amount of work and responsibility given to me was not enough to grow me professionally.
Program Manager, Public Affairs & Outreach (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Good team of professionals that encourage professional development. They expect you to put in the hard work and take care of our clients in order to move up the corporate ladder.
Great
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work, with job/life balance. Good benefits, and job security.

1 2 3 4 5

About AECOM

With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction – Read more

AECOM Salaries