AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,224 reviews matching the search
Great atmosphere
SubPort Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coral GablesApril 28, 2016
Throughout my tenure at AECOM, I have been very fortunate to work with different Business Lines throughout various departments.

I have learned that one can never stop learning new things and have enjoyed working with people with whom I have built great relationships.

The hardest part of my job has been the constant change in Management making it very difficult to keep a clear vision of the ultimate goal.
Pros
Flexibility and balance of work and family.
Cons
Healthcare. management turn over.
Productive place to work
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2016
Senior level engineers are very easy yo work with and have a great amount on knowledge. Co-workers make it easy to come to work each day.
Productive and Safety Conscious work environment
Construction Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2016
Just a great place to work. Managers are accessible and everyone is willing to work together to get the job done. There is no hard part about this job. The enjoyable part of this job is chatting through social media about company improvements and safety tips.
Pros
baseball games
Good world wide company
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2016
You can find project in any part of the world with this company.Good salary packages and very good health insurance overages for employees and for families.
Nice offices in the USA. pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Senior Project Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2016
I stayed for 10 years until the big recession of 2008 hit. As a company it is great with over 55,000 employees. will managed.
A good place to work if you are an established engineer
Construction Administrator/Human Resource Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
Great place to work. Met a lot of great people here. As far as advancement, this really isn't a good place unless you know people who can get you there.
I was the top driver and they change the contract and change my pay from 20.85 to 14.04 hrly
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136April 19, 2016
They were confused, but good employee. the best part was the weekend off. benefits was O K but not the best. than they change it taking away the annual leaves.
Professional Work Environment
Senior Configuration Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort George G Meade, MDApril 19, 2016
AECOM is a great place to work. The work can be challenging but when you work as a team and support one another, the outcome is success.
Great Customer Service Experience
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 14, 2016
A typical day at my current location consists of in processing and out processing Service Members of all military branches.
AECOM Employee
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 13, 2016
A top one priority for this company is safety. The people are great to work with. The environment is typically laid back. In the short time I have worked for them, they have been great to work for.
likes to cross trian. have lots of room to advance
Painter/ auto boby (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 8, 2016
AECOM has given me an opportunity to train in different skill sets, which in turn has given me knowledge in many different areas.

It has also given me the confidence to try different techniques and accomplish tasks
Cons
cant ever get on line to deal with personal issues.
AECOM is a world wide company
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
AECOM has offices all over the country and overseas also. it was previously URS. I have been with them going on 8 years. I was transferred to the Anchorage office as the Electrical and I&C Design Manager. We built a great team there, unfortunately, with the price of oil, I had to put all my team on standby then I was put on standby.
No culture. Low morale. Appathetic management
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 7, 2016
Engineering staff is outstanding, though morale is low. Job security is nonexistent. No new contracts in the pipeline. No business development.
Cons
No security
Pruductive and important workplace on a Global scale
Maintenance Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 6, 2016
Very procedural compliant and focused, great working environment with good professional people. Outstanding and caring leadership team. Employee focused.
Pros
Can work any where in the world
Cons
no sick leave days offered
Growing Company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 6, 2016
Strong company, wonderful people to work with. Benefits are good always room for improvement.
Education is very important and this company sees a vision in growth and with growth they recognize training and education plays an important part. The company makes sure you have the necessary skills sets to achieve your goal and advance your career.

This company values their people by ensuring they have the tools to do their job well.
Good company
Lead Ordnance Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitApril 6, 2016
Worked there for a short time. We were fixing Army equipment that was coming back from over seas. Great work area. stand up bosses.
Too Big
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 4, 2016
Huge company with a lot of bureaucracy. Very challenging to work for such a large public company. There are good people but the organization keeps changing. The recent URS purchase has created many challenges. With time it could get better if they are willing to bring in good managers.
Productive and Professional Workplace
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 1, 2016
AECOM provided me the chance to learn and grow in my IT career. The team I worked with was amazing and we got along really well.
Was Hired as Part-Time, Then Was Forced to Moved to Sub or Eliminated
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
- Lots of CBTs upon hiring. (as required for account requests, etc)
- Waited months to be "cleared" in certain areas.
- Program Manager's latest actions after the contract recompete caused a massive turnover rate and over 10-20% paycuts. I went from 63k/yr hourly to 55k/yr salary. (Expects lots of under-manned/under-trained personnel in a few months)
- Employees are now salary and no more incentive pay. (Differential, Shift Lead pay, etc.)
- Training program is unorganized (Manuals, learn on the job, etc.)
- In the end, horrible pay for a TS/SCI clearance w/industry certification compared to a similar civilian job requirement of at least 70k/yr
Pros
Night Shift
Cons
No Growth/Long Wait To Be Cleared
last resort
Sheetmetal mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2016
Great company to work for employee first attitude, go to work do your job , go home , couldn't ask for more from anyone, very in touch with the employee