AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search
A Great Place to Work
Senior GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Nothing bad to say about AECOM. So far I am very pleased with my experiences and employee development while employed at AECOM.
Great company
Service Desk 3 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Great company to work for, they are very welcoming as well as helpful. The staff were very nice and polite.

There is not much to say it was one of the greatest company I have ever worked for. Unfortunately I was only hired for a six month contract
Pros
great environment
Cons
None to mention
Similar to other large major international companies
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2016
This would be an infraction of my employment conditions to be specific. I worked outside of the office on Client assignments which provided me with independence away from politics
Contractor to avoid on Fort Bliss
Stock Clerk/CRC (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Most people seem to get hired because they are friends with management or related to them in some way. There is no room for advancement. You never get recognized for the hard work you put in. Management is horrible, way too much favortism on this contract. Benefit are a joke!!! Overpriced health insurance with an over inflated deductible. Sick days and jury duty days you pay for out of your Health and Welfare Benefit. They change the way you receive your Sick days and Vacation going back and forth from accrual to front loading different times through out year. This is the contractor to avoid whilst looking for a job at Fort Bliss.
Pros
Co-workers are awesome; great team!
Cons
Management, benefits....
Okay company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WIJanuary 26, 2016
This is a okay company to work for the pay is good and the benefits are not bad the bad thing is that it they do not care for you as a person. management does not care for you as a person they could careless what you have to say or even you treated like dirt on a daily bases and when you do file complaints they do not care
A very warm and welcoming environment. I enjoyed my internship with AECOM over the three months I worked with them.
Environmental Scientist (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a challenging yet welcoming environment. My day would vary depending on project work... Some would be much more strenuous due to physical requirements whereas others were more laid back (analysis of field work in office).

I learned a lot about the environmental field in addition to working for and with knowledgeable individuals/management team members. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor but after a couple weeks I adjusted to the requirements and it became a nonissue. The most enjoyable part of my job was obtaining knowledge, experience and building professional relationships.
A wonderful company to have spent my career with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 23, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my career experience with EG&G/URS/AECOM., I learned a lot and cannot say there was any hardest part to the job.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow. Career oriented.
Cons
Not a company I would continue to work for
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2016
There does not appear to be a consistent source of direction when it comes to decisions, protocols and procedures which makes the work environment and moral with this company non-conducive to any type of advancement.
Pros
Salary was average
Cons
Lack of direction and advancement
Productive place to work.
Graphic Designer - Illustrator III (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 21, 2016
While I worked there is was first called EG&G and then changed to URS. The atmosphere was always upbeat and everything on the government contract was in order and working very smoothly. Have not worked for them since the company has become AECOM.
Pros
Decent PTO accural.
Cons
Promotions were not always readily available.
Supply Technician
supply technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Ordered , tracking and reviewing parts . Correcting any issues with parts that are not on hand locating a provider in the US to get parts from and Going over and building the Program for each individual truck program coming up in the next 6 months getting PO ready to order Going to Line meeting with all employees working on My line to go over and parts issues at 615 am and then going to Tier I meeting to update Branch Chiefs on any issues that are happening on the line or any parts issues that might hit in the future before program is completed
Pros
Being a part of our Men that fight for our country

Want to know more about AECOM?

Ask a question
Very much enjoyed my work
Piping Designer I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2016
IT was a good place to work. I enjoyed what I did and always felt proud with completed assignments.

IT was very fast paced so getting breaks to learn and advance were hard to find unless done during off time.

management in the office was good, but at a corporate level it was typical

A few good co-workers

All the meetings for team building were a distraction

They would provide lunch on quite a few occasions
Productive and Professional
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 19, 2016
Came in and stocked the kitchens on my floor, made sure each meeting room was clean, answered and transferred phone calls, scheduled meetings for business partners, distributed mail, filed and organized file including invoices and greeted and escorted visitors.

I learned many things including how to record invoices, use microsoft outlook to its full potential, helped sharpen my multitasking skills and how to work well under pressure.'

My coworkers were very nice and helped me with anything I needed.

Hardest part would have been dealing with difficult visitors or business partners at times.

Most enjoyable part is all the free food you would get after cleaning up the meetings since most request food orders.
bridge engineer
bridge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
bridge element design and analysis calculations
construction plan and spec preparation
quantity and cost estimate calculation
Not Feeling warm and fuzzy anymore
Safety II (Current Employee) –  ManyJanuary 19, 2016
They have fired a lot of good people once they bought up good company, They never comunicate information or touch base with you if they send you to a project.
Benefits
Cons
No comunication
Something interesting everyday.
Quality Control/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day begins at 0430 with the reviewing, answering and clearing of the of the previous days email traffic. Next would be the morning safety briefing to the crew. There was always something new to be learned depending on whatever was happening. I learned to be patient and tolerant of other individuals. Management allowed us to do our job with very to little micro-management. My immediate coworkers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the position was the two commute one way, and most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that everyone else went home safe and sound.
AECOM is an American worldwide provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets.
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me in the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Call Center is to provide professional and courteous IT support by means of telephone and electronic mail for the Employees and the Private Sector. During the course of the day in our fast paced call center, I create, update, resolve and provide technical support to customers requiring assistance with Software, Telecommunications, Email/Lotus Notes/Outlook, LAN support and Infrastructure issues.

I coordinate with Management in ensuring that some major program directions and changes are effectively communicated, encouraging the staff to move forward and contribute to planning, evaluation, integration, and implementation of new systems. I offer assistance to my co-workers whenever called upon for support.

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing professional and courteous IT customer service support to each one of my customers.
Great place to work.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albany GaJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work loved this job .
But a lot of layoffs and no job security.
Management was good and alot of great coworkers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Alot of layoffs due to gov. contracts
poor managent
Materials Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2016
the job was ok the atmosphere was bad from top to bottom. poor management and a good o boy click that not going to change!
Don't waste your time.
You have people there that been in positions way to long and they need to change, and its not going to.
Pros
you will be doing all of the work while others are smoking, sleeping, eating and leaving but still getting there 40 hrs .
Cons
Benifits not very good
Fun friendly atmosphere
Senior Office Administrator/HR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company for five years. I was very busy and enjoyed my job, especially the Human Resources because i was able to meet new people and get to know them one-on-one. I learned a lot about engineering. I really liked my first to managers. They were fair, trusted and respected me, and didn't have to micro-manage me, i got along well with my co-workers. i was the "go to" person if anyone needed help. They knew they could rely on me to resolve their questions or needs. I don't think there was anything I would consider particularly hard about the job. Occasionally frustrated when trying to get something done with a deadline and being constantly interrupted. Although I had set responsibilities, every day there seemed to be a new challenge. I liked that because I was never bored. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The Human Resources side was my favorite.
Pros
Working with great people, and learning a lot about engineering.
Cons
A lot of people were laid off due to a lack of work, and upper management still taking their millions of bonus money while people lost their jobs..
SAfe work but very poor management communication
Mech Tech/Welder (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 12, 2016
They are very safe and that is their #1 priority, but management doesn't communicate like they should
BGCAPP
everyone is great to work with