AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
Was Hired as Part-Time, Then Was Forced to Moved to Sub or Eliminated
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
- Lots of CBTs upon hiring. (as required for account requests, etc)
- Waited months to be "cleared" in certain areas.
- Program Manager's latest actions after the contract recompete caused a massive turnover rate and over 10-20% paycuts. I went from 63k/yr hourly to 55k/yr salary. (Expects lots of under-manned/under-trained personnel in a few months)
- Employees are now salary and no more incentive pay. (Differential, Shift Lead pay, etc.)
- Training program is unorganized (Manuals, learn on the job, etc.)
- In the end, horrible pay for a TS/SCI clearance w/industry certification compared to a similar civilian job requirement of at least 70k/yr
Pros
Night Shift
Cons
No Growth/Long Wait To Be Cleared
Contractor to avoid on Fort Bliss
Stock Clerk/CRC (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Most people seem to get hired because they are friends with management or related to them in some way. There is no room for advancement. You never get recognized for the hard work you put in. Management is horrible, way too much favortism on this contract. Benefit are a joke!!! Overpriced health insurance with an over inflated deductible. Sick days and jury duty days you pay for out of your Health and Welfare Benefit. They change the way you receive your Sick days and Vacation going back and forth from accrual to front loading different times through out year. This is the contractor to avoid whilst looking for a job at Fort Bliss.
Pros
Co-workers are awesome; great team!
Cons
Management, benefits....
Growing Company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 6, 2016
Strong company, wonderful people to work with. Benefits are good always room for improvement.
Education is very important and this company sees a vision in growth and with growth they recognize training and education plays an important part. The company makes sure you have the necessary skills sets to achieve your goal and advance your career.

This company values their people by ensuring they have the tools to do their job well.
Varied assignments, good benefits, lots of road warrior work
Mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  US sites, internationalMarch 17, 2016
On contract transition team for remote site management, did asset assessment and inventory, engineering position descriptions, job interviews. Title II QA/QC inspection: offices, data center, underground 4 pipe (HW, CW), also new Army barracks. Review of vendors shop drawings and submittals, log technical documentation and project RFIs. Answer vendor RFIs, prepare and solicit RFP for projects, prepare requested Statements of Work. Facility plan review of mechanical equipment, building core & shell to LEED design standards. Site assessments and estimates for facility repair, replacement on FEMA disaster recovery projects.
Lots of time away from home and overtime, trying at times living in hotels out of suitcase. Learned Excel, Costworks estimating, site assessment protocol. Often worked with multiple contractors, AECOM employees supportive, others not so much at times. Most enjoyable part of job: seeing USA and world, providing engineering services, judgement, experience to assist client. Matching 401K, good medical and matching stock purchase icing on cake.
This firm misrepresents itself in every way
Frustrated employee (Current Employee) –  OrlandoFebruary 23, 2016
I am very disappointed in myself for believing the lies of my hiring manager and recruitment staff. I accepted an offer for less than I should have after being led to believe that the exposure and work variation would enhance my career. They touted the excellence of the company's benefits package and emphasized their work-at-home philosophy. What a crock! With the assimilation of URS almost complete, the company decided to change the medical benefits offered for 2016. Unfortunately, I need decent coverage for several of my family members and the 2016 benefits are horrible! The only offer three deductible-based plans and the plans cover zero cost until you meet your deductible. The cost for this high-priced catastrophic, obamacare required BS insurance? $650 a month. Yep, you read correctly. $650 per month is the best that the world's largest engineering firm can do for its employees. I have a problem with companies that put a higher value on the price of their stock than the care and retention of their employees. Shame on you AECOM.
Pros
....I'm still thinking
Cons
Horrible medical benefits, below average pay, open-concept floor plans, no mentoring, and on and on and on....
Overall not a bad place to work
UH-60/ CH-47/ AH-64 Technical Inspector/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 8, 2016
This has been one of those jobs where I don't hate coming to work every day, but I feel a little stagnant. I also feel the company could do better with selecting mid level management. But I really can't complain. The only thing that I really don't like is a few of my co-workers but that's not a fault of the company and you're going to get those no matter where you go. If I could transfer to the location that I would like to I would actually prefer to stay with this company rather than seek out other opportunities.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Not a lot of room to move up
By far the worst company I've ever dealt with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 4, 2016
This company does not follow up with employees that are onsite with customers. They do not support nor communicate anything to the employees. The morale is poor. Management is poor. They are only worried about themselves and not the people supporting them.
Pros
Starting off, you can move up quick
Cons
Management is poor. Benefits are poor.
Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hooks, TXDecember 10, 2015
Great place to work. Good pay, benefits, and company. The downfall is they have a high turn over rate and not a good sense of job security from one contract to the next. Aecom is a huge company with good management, and a good work environment. I have meet many good friends in my seven years experience with them. I learned a lot about coming together as a team to meet a common goal. A typical day at red river army depot would be fast paced, time goes by very quickly and a challenging yet rewarding day. Everyday and every truck is different so you must be quick witted!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
job security
Aecom
Project Lead and Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
The work environment was good and the people were fun to work with. Sometimes work came in piecemeal and the servers were overloaded which cause slowdowns. The compensation seemed low and raises when received were small.
Pros
New building that was well equipped
Cons
Too many chiefs.
poor managent
Materials Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2016
the job was ok the atmosphere was bad from top to bottom. poor management and a good o boy click that not going to change!
Don't waste your time.
You have people there that been in positions way to long and they need to change, and its not going to.
Pros
you will be doing all of the work while others are smoking, sleeping, eating and leaving but still getting there 40 hrs .
Cons
Benifits not very good
Okay company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WIJanuary 26, 2016
This is a okay company to work for the pay is good and the benefits are not bad the bad thing is that it they do not care for you as a person. management does not care for you as a person they could careless what you have to say or even you treated like dirt on a daily bases and when you do file complaints they do not care
Not a company I would continue to work for
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2016
There does not appear to be a consistent source of direction when it comes to decisions, protocols and procedures which makes the work environment and moral with this company non-conducive to any type of advancement.
Pros
Salary was average
Cons
Lack of direction and advancement
Great Collections Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Great collections company, with good benefits, but a quite stress full work environment, nice cafeteria, close to uptown Houston, parks and Malls
slow paced and repetitive work
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 7, 2016
Not for everybody. Unable to deviate from spec installation. Good immediate supervision, Full benefits but expensive.
Don't take work here! Negative People, no respect, bad pay!
receiving (Former Employee) –  Utah, Hill AFBNovember 5, 2015
I took this job thinking that it's a great place, how could it not be right it's work with the contract for DLA DoD contracts! DLA either doesn't care how there contract people are being treated, paid, and trained or they have no clue just how bad the management is to employees. No matter.. No raises, no time off, and gossip mill will leave you feeling less of a person and more of a nothing.
Pros
Cons
Don't take a job here
Not Feeling warm and fuzzy anymore
Safety II (Current Employee) –  ManyJanuary 19, 2016
They have fired a lot of good people once they bought up good company, They never comunicate information or touch base with you if they send you to a project.
Benefits
Cons
No comunication
What management? What work / life balance?
Senior Hydrogeologist / Deputy Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 9, 2015
Lack of management more like it.

Work / life balance is found when you quit.

Be prepared to work your youth away. Granted you'll learn many useful skills, but you are not rewarded with promotions, advancement, or pay even when you succeed and excel above your peers. Their business model is to keep your salary as low as possible so that they can keep their share holders happy and make as much money as possible.

Stay away unless you're fresh out of school, or if you plan to jump after 3-4 years. Don't stay longer than that or else it won't be worth your time and level of responsibility you'll eventually earn. You'll make more money if you change companies every few years than you will if you stay here for any length of time.
Pros
flexible schedule, cool projects, lots to learn
Cons
no work / life balance, minimal salary increases, salaries based on tenure, not performance
full of micromanaging, false promises, and lack of knowledge or understanding of the demographic
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
My experience at the company started off wonderful, but was then met with backstabbing, false promises, micromanaging from multiple people which led to confusion, name calling from upper management, and a seriously under-qualified manager.

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Job security is less than 100% because each day you feel as though you're walking on egg shells. Big company and most of the time you just get lost in the shuffle.
Pros
Cons
takes too long to get paid for expenses, too many channels to go through to handle a problem, management
Staff is awesome!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 15, 2015
Staff at AECOM are a joy to work with which is what kept me there for the long run. AECOM was built on company acquisitions and therefore upper management has been very unstable which has had a trickle down effect on the staff. Morale to say the least has not been good for at least 5 years now. Compensation and benefits however are excellent, so if you can wait long enough for upper management to get their act together this is the company for you!
Pros
Staff
The best company I have ever worked for in the United States
Tech. Support Administrative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day of work was receiving submittals, making sure they were approved by the team manager before sending them back to the job sites, typing, scanning , filing.
Hired as administrative clerk II, I was involved in the team meeting the whole staff because in order to be aware of what was going on about the ongoing projects, my manager made me feel welcome, always, advising when it came to leaning options. My co-workers were team players professionally and socially. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had webinar presentation, every employee of every department had to get together in the learning center.
Pros
We had free lunch on team meeting days
Cons
Coffee time in the morning and around 3pm every day