AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the search
There is nothing good about this organization
Peon (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityDecember 22, 2016
The management has taken this facility to an all time low. The management is incompetent and doesn't care about the employees that do the work. If you are thinking about applying for a job at this facility, do yourself a favor and don't do it. Look elsewhere. You will be miserable.

This has been by far the worst group of people to work for, including management, upper management and human resources. No one is on your side, so fend for yourself get out before they completely destroy what's left of this facility.
Pros
Still getting a paycheck, although they've cut our hours
Cons
Cut in pay, reduction of benefits, hostile work environment
Great team colaboration
Independent Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
The team I was part of was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. They are dedicated to completing their goals.
I was fortunate to travel and work with a great team. They each support one another.
Expect to work long hours including some weekends if need be. Reason being, they are a global group and it is expected that you provided support to end users (internal customers). This makes for a difficult work life balance, but management has made significant strides on making changes that benefit the team.
Pros
Great team collaboration
Cons
NA
Very Passive Agressive
Communications Electronics Tech IV Lead UASOCS (Former Employee) –  DEDecember 12, 2016
Company was overly passive aggressive and you never knew where you stood. Policies and procedures all seem aligned to be able to remove someone for even the slightest infraction, like another employee was upset with you one day, they could just get rid of you. Most of the HR processes were around ensuring that the employee knew how easy it would be to get rid of them. Had HR yelling at new employees because they did not complete paperwork that was not sent to the employee. At least for the management team that supports operations in Germany, I would avoid this team and location.
Pros
Get you in the door quickly
Cons
HR processes and understanding lacking, Overly passive aggressive, constantly reminded of ease of removal
No room for advancement
Light Truck Driver, Transportation, FMS (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJanuary 18, 2017
AECOM was a fine place to work. I only have a few complaints, there was really no room for advancement. No raises unless you got a new position. Management and workforce communication were lacking.

Other than those few things, the day to day work life was great. I really enjoyed working closely with the Air Force personnel. Doing logistics was both challenging and rewarding.
Challenging Work
Sr. Accident Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 28, 2016
In my case I worked as a loaned employee to another company, after URS was merged with AECOM. I had very little interface with my AECOM management. There are good managers at AECOM. My experience with some of the URS management was not so good.
Pros
Professional environment and challenging work.
Cons
Management makes a big difference, and bad management caused a difficult work environment for a time.
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
The hardest part of the job was the transition of accounting systems both here and with the accounting group in India. There were many long days and nights with the implantation, but those issues gradually reduced as the learning curve also reduced.
Great place to begin career and friendly people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
I began my career here and all the people have been friendly and I have learned and grown a lot in my career and as a person. I have enjoyed my time with AECOM but feel I am wanting to grow more and they do not have the position I am looking for and I have a lot of motivation and drive and I am stuck now in my career.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
difficult to move to a different group even in the same company
Corporate hellhole
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2016
This is a company so filled with red tape and beauracracy that it can't get out from its own way. The culture and day to day work environment is horrible unless you enjoy fulfilling non-engineering related tasks that are tied to meeting accounting requirements imposed from a corporate management that has no knowledge of day-to-day operations performed by the engineering staff of professionals.
Aecom is a run down ate up company.
Slave (Current Employee) –  usaOctober 28, 2016
Benefits are a thing of the past for this company. Health insurance benefits are doubling in price and the coverage is going down. Look to spend 20-30% of your salary for health coverage. In 2017 you will be penalized for having a working spouse on your insurance plan.
Pros
The only raise you can count on is the cost of your health insurance going up.
Cons
They don't charge you for working here yet.
We celebrated birthdays, I had just ben given a plack for 25 years of service etc.
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 13, 2016
At AECOM I worked with a lot of nice people. That include myself. We worked good together. We had good relationships

We put together a lot of drawings for Industrial applications. Most of it was for oil and gas applications.
Pros
We had crab boils, company picnics, and holiday parties.
Cons
No cons, I was happy there.
Relaxed shop culture, high tempo, high stress job
Line Division Manager / Aircraft Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 28, 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management that will not support you. A typical day at work is solving problem after problem for the customer just to avoid criticism by management. I have mastered multitasking and how to operate in an environment of constantly changing demands at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No one cares about you
Aecom cuba
Alt. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MODecember 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time in GITMO working for AECOM, the work and projects were good, demanding of time and effort but rewarding all the same, I only worked with them for 10 months and completed the main project that I was hired for before taking a new position with Parsons.
Pros
Location, Vacation
Cons
For my position, pay, hours of work and days off for location.
The best company I have ever worked for in the United States
Tech. Support Administrative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day of work was receiving submittals, making sure they were approved by the team manager before sending them back to the job sites, typing, scanning , filing.
Hired as administrative clerk II, I was involved in the team meeting the whole staff because in order to be aware of what was going on about the ongoing projects, my manager made me feel welcome, always, advising when it came to leaning options. My co-workers were team players professionally and socially. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had webinar presentation, every employee of every department had to get together in the learning center.
Pros
We had free lunch on team meeting days
Cons
Coffee time in the morning and around 3pm every day
great place to work if you like taking on challenges to invent and overcome obstacles
Engineering Technician V (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 20, 2016
every day is challenging to preform R&D experiments, it is a constant learning atmosphere . always room for improvements in technology,instrumentation and operational protocols. management implements safety training, workers help each other.
Productive/fast paced place to work
Customer Service Rep/ General Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
The culture of the company is great and I enjoyed working with everyone. The biggest and only issue I had is that there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Learned to use different shipping methods when handlng military material, gained more experience using Microsoft office
Cons
Short Lunches
Benefits are entirely too expensive.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere with friendly,professional, and safe teammates. Typical work day is an eight hour day with expected PM procedures, and few trouble calls. Great opportunity for advancement within the company as long the individual is willing to relocate. Training is always available.
Great opportunities with advancements.
Contractor/ Employer CDI (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
A typical day at work - very busy

What I learned - patience

Management - very informed

Co-workers - team players

The hardest part of the job - trying to understand foreigners speak English

The most enjoyable part of the job - was meeting foreign nationals and learning from them.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not enough employees
Very nice place to work
I&C Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 29, 2016
Just know your surroundings and keep your eyes on your friends. Be safe go home the same way you came enjoy your family. They will provide you everything you need to do your job successfully and properly safety is one of the number one things there and every word you very well
Pros
Brother's Keeper
Cons
Very safe atmosphere
Very productive and technically superior workforce
Avionics Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 6, 2017
AECOM is an excellent company that more than just provides a job. The company provides opportunities for unlimited career growth and goal achieving avenues are always open for those who wish to pursue and expand those personal and professional goals.
Management needs to go!!!
General Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 30, 2016
Used to work for the company. Management created a hostile work environment. You are better off to seek work with other companies...
Too much stress in order to perform job functions. Technicians are leaving the company. High turn over rate. Program manager and supervisor have no experience.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Hostile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.