AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

A decent, albeit large company to work for
PLANNER (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 19, 2015
A very large corporation that continues to grow and work became less of a tight knit community feel. It is mostly consulting based, so if your group did not pull in revenue, there may be budget cuts. Stingy on holidays, PTO was fair, but no sick days.
Mission Readiness
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Work hours were great
Cons: Job Security
Morning Meeting with upper Management to discuss plan of attack for the day and safety processors.

Increase productivity for inventory on parts and tool received from vendors.

Construct fully loaded tool boxes for the Army.

Unload any incoming trucks with product from vendors.

Categorize and inventory Dormo Material

Co workers worked together threw most of the day.

Co workers were willing to help when help was needed.

Management did not know how to lead.

Management did not communicate with one another.

The Managers were not a custom to new ideas.

The hardest part about the day was doing the same job several different times in the same day.

The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing we made a difference supporting the Troops delivering our product on time.
Good
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTMay 18, 2015
Pros: Get the holidays off
Cons: Won't get a raise
It is an ok company to work for I just would like to make more money. I work with great people. They tought me alot about my job and I hope to take all the knowledge with me where ever I go.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Aviation Life Support Systems Team Lead (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun and Upbeat environment
Cons: Minimum or no pay raises due to federal wage scale
Begin the day with the morning maintenance meeting to discuss daily flights and top priorities. Perform priority jobs first and then work on additional duties. Learned a lot about working together with military personnel and other contractors. Work environment is friendly and moral was always high. Hardest part of the job was knowing that internal movement or promotions were few and far between, so many employees feel stuck. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great environment.
My work requires that I not be at home.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: Added benefits from perdiem.
Cons: Not at home enough.
would rather be at home every night or at least on the weekends. the company only uses my time to mobilize for FEMA declared disasters.
Great start to career in HR
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
As an entry level HR Generalist, I have learned much in my three years with the organization on a spectrum of HR related practices and policies. I am currently seeking new employment due to a large scale acquisition by AECOM that has introduced uncertainty into my career's future.
ok
Electrician (Current Employee), aecomMay 12, 2015
Aecom has great pay and benefits, it is a ok place to work for, it is better if you work with aecom on a union contract. The union is a strong union
A wide varity of people that make the work enjoyable
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMay 9, 2015
Pros: rotating shift allows for a week off per cycle
Cons: health care benifits and 401k could use improvements
There is a lot of new equipment that I have not worked with before, so the learning is enjoyable and interesting. Since it is a government project there is extensive paperwork that can really slow the work process and does not allow for technicians to make on the spot repairs a lot of the times. I have worked for some really good managers while working here and also worked for some that are completely disorganized that makes completing tasks difficult. I work on a rotating swing shift that is hard on the body but does allow for a week break in between cycles. For me, my co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not a great company
Aircraft Maintainer (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 7, 2015
Paychecks didn't add up and the management was horrible the entire time I was there. The work itself wasn't an issue at all. I can't describe the company as a whole but the time I spent with it was one of the worst experiences of my work life.
Mis-Management with rank favoritism.
System Administrator III (Current Employee), Creech AFB, NVMay 7, 2015
The co-workers are fine, and the only way to advance in your position is by being friends with the boss. Being female helps too.
Easy company to work for with opportunities for advancement
Production Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanMay 6, 2015
Pros: Income
Cons: worked in a war zone
Most of any work day was compiling all data for company and government reports on production of aircraft that are in maintenance or due in for maintenance.
Federal Systems Management
Deputy Technical Manager -- DTM (Current Employee), Stafford, VAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Large Company.
Cons: Large Civil Engineering Company does not adequately support their Federal Systems Management Sector.
Top level managers do not seem to have a grasp of what is happening day to day at the middle management and lower levels within their Federal Systems Management Sector -- specifically Marine Corps programs. Many unhappy workers supporting the Marine Corps at this time.
Hostile Takeover of URS was and still is a complete fiasco
Administrative (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Constant stress, lack of direction, poor middle and upper management, no communication, no feeling of comraderie whatsoever within office
It's fairly standard in the engineering consulting industry for mergers to happen at the drop of the hat. Having been through several, I can honestly say this was the worst one ever and it has left scars that cannot be healed. I imagine if you are an accomplished engineer or a young graduate fresh out of college that this is a good place for you to work - the pay is good for some lower ranks - but other than that, go running for the hills.

Area management seems fully out of touch with the needs of local employees. Weekly and sometimes daily emails from the CEO touting the latest accomplishments of the Corporation go largely ignored because they have no impact on the little guy. Lack of training in protocols for the office is astounding.

It's clear that URS was one of many victims of the organization's business model, which is painfully obvious: Buy up all the competition by throwing cash at it, then cry at how poor your quarterly results are and begin "unplanned" layoffs left and right. Rinse, and repeat. If you work for a direct competitor, watch your back because you could be next. My advice is get out of this industry unless you are in one of the aforementioned categories of people. High pay is NOT everything.
Productive, fun, able to wear jeans everyday
Accounts Payable Processor (Contract) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2015
Processing vendor invoices daily, voucher corrections daily. Got along with everybody. We are all friends, we laugh but still get our work done. The ideal supervisor.
Great management
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
I began as an exec asst to a senior ice president then when he changed jobs and moved away I moved into the office administrator position of 250 people. I learned a great deal from both positions. I lost my position because of a merger.

AECOM had a very respectful corporate environment.
Not a company an employee wants to invest for their future.
Financial/Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Stafford, VAApril 24, 2015
The benefits/salary are very low and poorly designed, no career development.
Some groups within the organization are treated differently.
Largest engineering firm with interesting and diverse project exposure
Marketing Coordinator, AECOM (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 24, 2015
I enjoy interfacing with my internal clients (our employees) as well as our external clients when the opportunity presents itself.

Managing and coordinating proposals as well as marketing materials is fast paced yet exciting at the same time.
Special place now becoming an average large engineering firm
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Westford, MAApril 15, 2015
AECOM is a multi-service engineering company that has grown at a very fast pace of the past 10 years. I worked in the environmental business line, which is based on Chelmsford, MA - formerly the headquarters of the environmental service firm, ENSR.

I enjoyed working at ENSR, The reason is simple: there were just a very large number of people there who had both great scientific talent in the environmental arena, great work ethic, and a great sense of camaraderie. ENSR had been through a lot of management changes over the years and this made the team there very dedicated to each other.

When AECOM came in, things started to change. Everything became more bureaucratic. They were trying to fit the management procedures into the engineering design model. It didn't add any value and created unnecessary stress. Soon thereafter, decisions regarding work started to be affected. Bean counters in Pasadena with no real sense of the environmental services market made some significant decisions that caused people to lose work opportunities. You can't just throw away long-term client relationships people have and expect them to show up the next day and have oodles of work piling in. Eventually there was a parade of talent out the door of the environmental services organization. They still have lots of great people, but they struggle much more now. This has just become much worse with AECOM's latest huge acquisition of URS. Evidently people at AECOM are being instructed to share work with the URS folks.
Very professional, forward moving organization
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
I have gained valuable experience while working at AECOM. I take pride in providing a service to those I work for. AECOM provides a progressive, safe work environment.
Stressful workplace...apply elsewhere!!
Scheduler (Current Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: No Pros exist for this company.
Cons: Managers will micro-manage you, managers lack effective leadership skills, managers are very egotistical and vindictive, work environment is very stressful and miserable, management is very inconsiderate, disrespectful, and unethical.
This company does not value hardworking employees whatsoever. The reason I say this is because they have recently shown us how much they could careless about us by reducing our by $2.23/hour. They have cut our vacation time off, some have lost 3 days per year in vacation and others have lost 2 days per year. They have also cut two of our holidays per year, we no longer get the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas eve off...this is the time when we should be spending time with our families. I have been with this company for 5 years and we have always received those days off. They have also raised our insurance premiums by 15% this year, and it will go up 16.5% next year and 18% in the year after that, however they will not give us any raises for the next 2 years. Oh, and there will no longer be a company match to our 401K retirement plan.

Management is very disrespectful, egotistical, unethical, discriminatory, and are the worse micro-managers ever. The company's morale has gone down tremendously in the last two years when a new branch manager was promoted. Management makes decisions based on personal vendettas rather than what is best for the company by making sure the employees are happy and satisfied. However, since management doesn't have the people skills or leadership skills to be effective managers, they could care less about whether their employees feel appreciated instead they micro-manage them and make them feel like children. It is not worth it to work here.

1 2 3 4 5

About AECOM

With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction – Read more

AECOM Salaries