AECOM Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Policies
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VA 22554September 23, 2017
There were a number of policies that I did not agree with, and could not get a reasoning for.

At times things changed without warning - such as supervisors. You would be informed of the change with no discussion.
No Comment
Sr Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2017
The Company has really changed over the last couple of years. It is really depressing to walk around the building and see how empty it is and to hear how a lot of employees are worried about their jobs.
Great Place to Work with Company Growth Potential
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
World wide footprint and with unlimited opportunities. Recently acquired a Californian construction firm and are experiencing minor layoffs in the construction group. Post integration should be back to business as usual.
no promotions or encouragment within
Sr Architectural Drafter , Inerior Designer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2017
extrememly corporate feel. the company has grown so large it has lost touch with its people causing people to become numbers and lost in the budget. it needs to reconnect its managers to its staff and share growth internally through training and support not just aquisitions
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
paid parking lack of internal support
Busy
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
My work day was busy with designing electrical projects and overseeing the construction design from the beginning to the end regarding the electrical design concept of project.
Contract work is always unstable.
Electronic Warfare Technician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I'd rather not give this information in this venue. Day at work: workload seems adequate for the job description. I have learned: more radar information. Management: are in place to fulfill their function. Workplace Culture: there is very little culture in the workplace. Hardest part of the job: tasks that are difficult. Most enjoyable part of the job: working 4 10 hour days and having a 3 day weekend.
Enjoyed the people I met
Senior Corporate Recruiter - Contractor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 18, 2017
Company needs to provide more training for new employees. The hardest part of my job while working at AECOM was the lack of training on company procedures and policy. I enjoyed the working with the staff and hiring managers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
No support from Managment
Amazing Experience
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
AECOM has grown so much over the years. They are a leader in the engineering world. From the time i started to the present we have expanded to well over 100,000 employees. AECOM is a great place to work where the employees are the backbone and make the experience worth the hard work.
Pros
My Manger is amazing
Cons
Lost that family atmosphere.
Great Experience
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Awesome team and management with this particular program.
Daily engagement/challenges
Cool airframe and mission
Personable and approachable management
Comfortable culture with this program
Hardest would be after hours support (not that difficult)
Most enjoyable is the team here
Pros
Good overall program/company
Cons
None really
Low wages, very stressful
Biologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2017
No work / life balance. Often called out on no notice. Very low salary / benefits. Extremely poor corporate culture. Competing departments. Very poor client relations and regulatory relations
Pros
Little to none
Hamster Wheel Workplace
Financial Budget Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
It's not about what you've done. It's about what else can you do for the company. It's a cash-grab. Their goal is solely to garner as much revenue as possible regardless of how it's done. You may work 12+ hours a day and your manager may still be unsatisfied. It's all about the money. No development - no training.
Pretty hands-off
EHS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 15, 2017
AECOM specializes in bringing in experienced, EHS professionals into various organizations to mature existing programs. They are pretty hands-off and allow their employees to impress their clients through hard work and dedication.
Pros
Hands-off culture
Cons
Communication between project managers and staff
I enjoyed my time there
Project Billing Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 15, 2017
The people I worked with were great, everyone was easy to get along with. The hours can be long at times if a client decides to call you at the last minute.
Great Place to work
GIS Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2017
Good culture and flexible schedule or people with a family. Employees are friendly and understanding. There are a multitude of projects to work on here.
Worst I have worked for
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 13, 2017
Awful - go somewhere else. If job doesn't have any money left you are expected to work for free. All illegal but they won't put it in writing. Cheap beyond belief.
Pros
Ok office
Cons
Too numerous to list
Sr. Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Working at AECOM was an experience.I have learned a lot about the contract world and know how to handle job function in Accounts Payable. I worked very hard at this company, however it paid off.
Pros
Employee Outings
Cons
The Gym
I have to say about AECOM.
Designer/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be to go in and turn on my computer. Go to my emails and get the latest information what was going on in the world at the present moment. Then starting my program which I was to work on which was Autocad. The management was walking around making everyone was in their cubicles. The workplace culture was something that I dealt with. For the new personel to get involved with the computer. I would say the hardest part of the job was getting a drawing that did not have any information upon it. The most enjoyable part of the job was looking at the drawing and seeing that everything matched up with the records room with the booklets for the drawings. Such as J.B.,, and transformers and such.
Pros
Let you work at your own pace.
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
its a contract job so you can lose it at anytime
Light Wheel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Polk South, LASeptember 12, 2017
they have 3 shifts that you can work and after 3 months you switch shifts( if you work the first shift then after 3 months you will switch to the second shift). but it was nice for the most part. wish the would have kept the contract
Pros
easy going good managers
Cons
they lost the contract
poor
Personnel Protective Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 12, 2017
Management plays a dictatorship over employees. Rude yelled at us. They did not treat their employees right. I could not advance with this company no matter what i tried they always held stuff against. me
Good Job
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LASeptember 12, 2017
Steady pace job and your constantly learning about the job that you are tasked with,management will help you accomplish your goals that your trying to reach.