AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
worst experience of my career
Roadway Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I started off with the wrong computer, it had 8GB of RAM, and no work to do and everything is always over budget. I've had to work for free for the first time ever in my life.
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  aps-4 south koreaSeptember 28, 2016
great co workers, really made me feel like part of the team. Very knowledgeable and eager to help and new grad/hire like myself. Inconsistency from top down management. Furlough and layoff cycles made for very stressful situation visa v job security.
Relaxed shop culture, high tempo, high stress job
Line Division Manager / Aircraft Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 28, 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management that will not support you. A typical day at work is solving problem after problem for the customer just to avoid criticism by management. I have mastered multitasking and how to operate in an environment of constantly changing demands at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No one cares about you
The best company I have ever worked for in the United States
Tech. Support Administrative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day of work was receiving submittals, making sure they were approved by the team manager before sending them back to the job sites, typing, scanning , filing.
Hired as administrative clerk II, I was involved in the team meeting the whole staff because in order to be aware of what was going on about the ongoing projects, my manager made me feel welcome, always, advising when it came to leaning options. My co-workers were team players professionally and socially. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had webinar presentation, every employee of every department had to get together in the learning center.
Pros
We had free lunch on team meeting days
Cons
Coffee time in the morning and around 3pm every day
Aecom
Field Services Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 27, 2016
AECOM is a great place to work and learn Construction Management. As a Construction Superintendent, I was able to interact with different contractors on a "work order" basis" and learned more about RFP procedures and contract timelines to complete projects to final closeout.
Pros
Salary is competitive
Cons
Contract work. Lack of job security
No work life balance
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 25, 2016
I was working with a nice group of people, but AECOM is not looking out for their employees. No recognition despite the hard work provided with the long hours worked and weekends. Big turnover. Too manual, not automated...
Very challenging yet satisfying
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2016
Would be a great place to work if there were any hope for pay increases. The job itself is very satisfying working along side with various government officials, There is no room for advancement, but much training is provided to ensure that everyone is the best that they can be at their own jobs.
Pros
quarterly lunches
Cons
no raises, mediocre benefits
mightmare of a company
helicopter mechanic and tech (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Contract company who doesn't care about their off site employees or the hazardous work environments they put their employees in. Do not join the AECOM team for any over seas contracts or military employment
Dead end road
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WISeptember 19, 2016
No raises, no weekends, no room for advancement, high turn around rate, poor corporate managers, and micromanaging. Not to mention the horrible benefits!
Cons
benefits, advancement, pay, and leadership
Good Company for the most part
ELECTRICAL SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, INSeptember 19, 2016
Its A good company to work for overall, but they are some bad apples still floating around i'm sure they will be retiring before long.

Work/Life Balance is ok, could be better for the ones that are on the road away from their families, yes i know we all know that going in but it never hurts to throw that out there from time to time.
they would work with you when you needed to leave early.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed being able to move around to different shops. the company tried to help you when there was disagreements between you and civil service.
Pros
when we had company picnics
Cons
a lot of micro managing
Productive and fun
Intern Architect (Former Employee) –  深圳市September 12, 2016
Collaborative. Forward-thinking. Dynamic. Our culture mirrors our work product. With a diverse practice and projects that span the globe, AECOM is an ideal place to build your career and develop skills in entrepreneurship, project delivery, leadership, and life.
Productive and Room for advance
Project Schedule/Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Great people and managers and lot of growth and goals. The atmosphere is fun and friendly. The people are helpful in all ways. The company supports a lot organizations such as Breast Cancer and MS. Also, they have all types of vendors to come in a give employees exams for flu shots etc.
Great place to learn and utilize existing talents.
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2016
Excellent employer with great benefits and management. A team approach to construction projects is beneficial for all and is followed very well by co-workers and management alike.
Fasted Pace Work
Working Supervisor QA/QC (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2016
Very big company to work for, always new projects to go to. Will give training if needed. This company is hard to get in to. Allows for opportunity growth.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor pay scale
Good company, good growth
Submarine Acoustics - Engineering Technician V (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VAAugust 31, 2016
Have only experienced about 8 months on board. Nothing really to expound upon. Numerous facets to this corporation in many locations, global. Over 100K employees.
Pros
Decent pay, decent flexibility
Great Compagny
Project control Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 31, 2016
Great Company and excellent co-workers. Growing institution. Good at taking care of employees concern and seeking continuous improvement. High-quality expectation and excellent employees well being.
Great work athmosphere, full of great co-workers.
CAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Quiet place, easy to get things done.
Co-workers willing to teach you anything you ask.
Hardest part of job is that we hardly get to work overtime.
Other than that, it really is a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits. Opportunity to learn as much as you can.
Cons
No OT, parking.
Great
Data reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
The company has been focusing on Employee development and satisfaction in recent months. benefits could be better. not very competitive. Management can also be improved
Great office atmosphere with decent Management
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work could be either on a job site out of town or in the office depending on what work there is to do. The workers at AECOM are very easy to get along with and a great deal of experience can be learned from them. Having some guidance at certain points along your career path at AECOM would probably be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part would being able to go to different job sites regularly.