AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,353 reviews matching the search
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
The hardest part of the job was the transition of accounting systems both here and with the accounting group in India. There were many long days and nights with the implantation, but those issues gradually reduced as the learning curve also reduced.
Great People
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 5, 2016
I was always busy helping any department I could. I learned a lot of new skills at this office and I have a great time developing a wellness program for the office.
Pros
stable and friendly
Cons
compensation for amount of tasks taken on
Great team colaboration
Independent Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
The team I was part of was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. They are dedicated to completing their goals.
I was fortunate to travel and work with a great team. They each support one another.
Expect to work long hours including some weekends if need be. Reason being, they are a global group and it is expected that you provided support to end users (internal customers). This makes for a difficult work life balance, but management has made significant strides on making changes that benefit the team.
Pros
Great team collaboration
Cons
NA
Excellent Laboratory Position and company to work for
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 30, 2016
My day consisted of various laboratory tasks as assigned to include work with an AA machine, wastewater BODs, and oil and grease assessment of samples. I was also tasked with maintaining inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
Good company and people, needs direction from management
Document Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
Good company and people,nice atmosphere, flexible on start and end times. There are many online training platforms, just need more practical application and direction for the long term. Benefits are decent, just raised rates.
Full of Bull
Automotive Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LA 71459November 20, 2016
I worked for AECOM twice. When they found out they were losing the contract they force the people who had insurance to take their insurance and it was high. The second time they came in with their gonna make things better bull and they allowed the wrong things to still happen.
Cons
nice place to work nice environment
Accounting Payable Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 18, 2016
Regular work day was great, learned how to navigate oracle system, managers easy to work with. nothing hard to learn at AECOM, just coming to work was the enjoyable part and talking to co-workers.
Pros
easy parking great location.
Cons
no cons
Benefits are entirely too expensive.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere with friendly,professional, and safe teammates. Typical work day is an eight hour day with expected PM procedures, and few trouble calls. Great opportunity for advancement within the company as long the individual is willing to relocate. Training is always available.
average benenfits
Mechanical Process Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2016
Tried to do the best I could with little training. Management was puppet to the host company and would throw us under the bus to make themselves look better.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
bad supervisor and management
No advancement
Utility Cleaner (LEAD) (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 14, 2016
Ive been with the company for eight years and overall they are a great company but there is no advancement within the company. Management needs to improve.
stressful
Facilities Specialist / Maintenance Custodian (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 13, 2016
its good pay but the workload is crazy. They don't show employees no appreciation for the work we do. The benefits are good. Its really no room for growth.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
workload overwhelming
Employee morale at a all time low
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 11, 2016
Employee morale at a all time low. No advancement or stability. Play favorites with employees. Does not acknowledge loyalty.
Great place to work.
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2016
Projects were varied; travel opportunity was excellent. Supervisors were fair and provided training when necessary. I enjoyed the experience.
Aecom work life
Office Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
AECOM has some amazingly passionate employees that I felt honored to call my coworkers. Talent in abundance, humble and true professionals. The teams really go above and beyond with their dedication.
Friendly co-workers
Assistant to Director of Gas & Liquefaction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2016
Friendly atmosphere and good team experience. Good work culture and enjoyed working with management and friendly co-workers. Enjoyed extra-curricular events and celebrations.
Benefits
Cons
Management; layoffs
OUTSTANDING Job opportunities
Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 2, 2016
Outstanding opportunities with AECOM. a globally recognized corporation with LOTS of opportunities for personal and professional growth
Pros
level of responsibility, accountability
Cons
N/A
Pretty good place
Aircraft Mechanic - AECOM (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 1, 2016
All the folks who run the maintenance desk are the same people who ran it in the Navy. So, in most cases, you've got the same types of problems.
No work/life balance
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2016
The company offer a variety of benefits and paid above average compensation. The costs were average in the industry.

There is constant change coming from Corporate leadership which resulted in a stressful work environment.

No work/life balance due to long hours.
Large Company - All that matters is the $$$
I&C Engineer V / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Newport, MIOctober 31, 2016
A very large company and as such, don't get the feel that the company really cares about you as an individual. I spent over 2+ years at a job site before I actually met an AECOM Chief or overall discipline manager or higher.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Advancement
Great place to begin career and friendly people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
I began my career here and all the people have been friendly and I have learned and grown a lot in my career and as a person. I have enjoyed my time with AECOM but feel I am wanting to grow more and they do not have the position I am looking for and I have a lot of motivation and drive and I am stuck now in my career.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
difficult to move to a different group even in the same company