AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search
At contract site
Program manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 25, 2016
Am not at HDQ so I don't see many co-workers or the job culture. We just keep our noses in the work we are contracted to perform.
Pros
Good client
its a good working environment
RF Drive Tester (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 23, 2016
Always busy at work and there is also a good management,you learned each day at this job and very friendly co-workers.we work as a team and we always get a good result.
Management is lacking respect for there employees. Benefits are way to costly
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 21, 2016
Seems like there is double standards between management and technicians .still in startup condition and has 3 joint companies
Warehouse Specialist, Forklift Operator, & Swing (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045July 17, 2016
Everything organize and communication is number one key to company. Great company to work for i wouldn't mind returning back to them if they ever requested me back.
So so at best
STOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2016
The job has a lot of room for improvement. I was told that there would be sufficient training. That wasn't the case.
The procedures are all reliant on who is in the room, if the manager is in the room all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. When the supervisor was in the room, incidents were deliberately ignored on their order. If this was ever caught the supervisor would place the blame on the operators.
The pay is ok for what the job involves. The benefits were very expensive.
Overall this job would be much better if the management were replaced, and better benefits were included
Fast paced and dynamic work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at AECOM. I learned many valuable administrative skills and had the opportunity to work in several difference work environments. In a typical day at my job I provided support to several project teams as well as my tasks within the office. This required me to acquire strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and finally to communicate and maintain professional relations with co-workers as well as clients and vendors.
Records analyst
intelligence records research analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 12, 2016
Worked at AECOM for a federal project in the DC area. Basically, looked at old military records and made sure nuclear data or intelligence (CIA, NSA) programs were not mentioned. The job was tedious, having to read old musty and dusty records all day. But that could be interesting, especially for history majors. The work center was kinda far from anything, which was one of the reasons i quit. If it was in downtown DC or Arlington/Alexandria, probably would have stayed on.
Pros
Quite workspace, new boxes of records to look at.
Cons
Stuck in the middle of nowhere, no public transportation
work
Heavy mobile tactical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 11, 2016
Worked on HEMMT, 915, 917, PLS, LSAC.

Hardest part of the job the job was a piece of cake... its the people who were the hardest.

Most enjoyable day was every day knowing I worked hard on the truck and everything I was assigned to do and more was done correctly.
Pros
love turning wrenchs
Cons
laxz people
does not know how to distribute work to employees properly always seem to be on a witch hut against employees
Sheet Metal Worker worker (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 11, 2016
doing up keep of air force c-5. management never seem to know what was going on and never could assign the work load properly.the only thing good about this job was the pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
limited hours to work on per project.
Administrative Assistant and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work included document control to the public on behalf of FEMA. Must be prepared for much and sudden changes with proposals in Marketing.
Co-workers were great team players.
Productive, established Engineering firm with ambitious workers.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2016
A typical day included design work that was performed under established engineers and supervisors. Tasks included roadway and structural design, as well as plan sheet generation, report creation, and project bidding.
productive
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925July 6, 2016
It pays the bills. A typical day at work is processing parts and customer service. A consistant way to meet new people. Co-workers get alone but not very social.
Very good professional people to work with, energetic, provided great thinking out of the box
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 4, 2016
Typically started work at 06:30am through 5:30 PM
Started the day with a daily meeting with the supervisors on progress, issues, solutions etc.
Second meeting with the client for updates or issues which needed their attention or approval.
Managed the Change order process with project controls for costs, budget schedule changes and client approvals
Made site visits to ensure project was on track work out any logistics issues for materials with the Materials Management team
Weekly, in person, Provided status reports on the projects which included staff count, project status and schedules, Materials status, Costs vs Budget, Change orders approved/disapproved and why they were required or not required
Weekly or daily if required with our Director on the project
Pros
Great Professional team atmosphere people in the office and on site
The people were great
Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2016
My work relationships and theatrics I worked with were great people with a vast knowledge of processes and we were never at a loss for ways to get the job accomplished.
Pros
Great pay, interesting work
Cons
The jobs became shorter in duration and slower to come in.
Good Company
DFAC FOOD SERVICE LEAD (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 29, 2016
I'd retire from this company. They held contract longer because if how well everything went so employees got more than originally thought when it came to job security. I took advantage and really appreciated my situation.
IT Specialist
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 28, 2016
Not bad of a company. Opportunities to grow. The benefits are not too shabby. The work environment is pretty laid back. Just remember to always negotiate your salary because they go through droughts were they will try to under pay you.
Wipp site
Environmental Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 26, 2016
The work days are long and slow, it is a good place to start a career as you can get into the swing of things and learn. I wake up at 430, catch a bus and am at work at 630. I do not get back home until 5. A lot of interesting things to do for a couple years and then you will not learn anything else. Not a great place for advancement. It is very political. Remind you this is for the WIPP site. I have not worked at a AECOM facility.
Best company I've ever worked for
Sr. Accounting Clerk - Expense (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2016
You will always have the feeling of going to work each day because you know you will be happy.
I learned that a company like AECOM really exists. This is the only company that gives the employee the chance to stretch out during the day to relieve the stress from your system.
Mangement is awesome. They treat you well. Very professional.
My co workers are the best people I've ever worked with. We're like a family. No intrigues, everybody will always be smiling at you.
The hardest part is leaving the company because of outsourcing.
I like their flexible hours and the friendly atmosphere at work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Workload is high but tolerable
Poductive place to work
Manager of Environmental Services Department (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 18, 2016
Very good company to work for. listens to employees and forward looking. Compensation is comparative and it has a good office culture
great co-workers and pay
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 14, 2016
disappointed in the way that department was closed. great employee participation. pay and bonuses was started off great and then gradually declined.