AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
A great group of people to work with.
Driver on Tactical Military Equipment as follows (Former Employee) –  BagrāmAugust 21, 2016
The work place was a diversified environment. I worked with Indians and Bosnians. I worked for and with the US Army to prepare vehicles for turn in.
Pros
2 minute walk from living quarters and 5 minute walk to dining facility.
Cons
crowded living quarters.
Informatve and productive place to work
LEAD DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
The environment is pleasant, friendly and professional. I learned a vast amount of skill sets which helped me towards my management career. My co-workers were very efficient and diligent in working as a team. The most difficult part of the job was the internal politics, lack of planning, limited knowledge in managment from a production standpoint. Unfortunatly, there wasn't clear/consice descision making inwhich affected the direction of projects. There was 2 sets of 'laws' and alot of internal turmoil between groups. The most enjoyable part of the job was being sucessful reaching deadlines enlight of the time constraints/challenges.
Pros
professional people, access to latest software
Cons
lack of direction, communication and equalites
N/a
Revit Designer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2016
Great group of co-workers. It was a team environment and there was plenty of new things to learn and opportunities for growth at AECOM. This is a very divers company and is a world wide business.
AECOM was a great place to work and allowed for a lot of varied options for work.
Project Manager/Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2016
I would recommend AECOM to anyone starting out in their career as for me it enabled me to dabble in several areas that I wouldn't have otherwise had the opportunity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No bonus pool (when I worked there)
Buddy system, no chance of advanecment
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 16, 2016
Buddy system, no chance of advancement. been with the company for a year and a half and had multiple interviews within company and not a chance of advancement
Dead end job.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2016
Though the company has many good aspects the work environment
is not a high moral kind of place and many people dread going to work.
Pros
benefits offered, set hours, work is not too difficult
Cons
benefits take huge chuck of check, work is monotonous
Good Project to Work
Instrument Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
This was a government project, with many opportunities and challenges every day. Its rewards was working with locals from the city of Basha, Iraq, developing projects to get their oil & gas facilities working again.
Pros
Project to Work
Cons
The project was closed out completed
AECOM provided an excellent work place environment and rewarded performace.
Logisitcs Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day of work as a Logistics Analyst at AECOM were both challenging and rewarding. The challenging were to remain flexible and engaged in the procurement and tracking of product. I learned that the Integrated Logistics Support documents requires constant update and your co-workers/team member must be supportive of each other to include management to meet both the customer and company needs. The most rewarding part of the job were delivering the end product to the customer and properly trained.
Pros
The company rewarded performance.
Cons
Had to be very flexible to meet the changing schedule.
Overall Job Acessment
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 12, 2016
Overall this is a good work enviroment, the Management group is pushing for the plant to go into operations, my views was the company was not ready for this move, there is still alot of work to be completed before the start of operations, the Management group in the Maintenance department is incomplete and dissatisfifing to the employees, investigations are incomplete and personnel are seriouly looking for jobs else where because of this problem.
Hanford AECOM
Cognizant Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 7, 2016
Poor leadership and focus on quality and employees. Training is espoused as important, but relevant training is remiss.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yermo, CAAugust 6, 2016
They say they have your back but they don't. Your over charged for benefits and not enough returns on your money. They don't care about the employees only how much they can get out of you.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They don't pay you for all of your work, and over charge for benefits
production
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 31, 2016
Running and pulling orders. reprint orders, manifests, working with the air force. Helping out leads. locating and finding materials that are late and or lost
Pros
helping others
Cons
not enough money
wonderful
Material Handler (FLO) (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJuly 28, 2016
The companys i've work for I loved it typical day was safety first then morning meeting on what had to be done then our team would break off an get it done best part about team work was we never got backed up nothing about working any job is hard theres many was to make jobs easy nomatter what it is. Management was amazing they never bothered us because the seen us work as a team an get it done.Most enjoyable part of my jobs it was it felt like everyone was family no one ever let the next person down
Great people to work with
Electrical Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 28, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and immediate managers are flexible, willing to accommodate a good work/life balance. The particular office I am based out of needs more variety in their client base.
At contract site
Program manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 25, 2016
Am not at HDQ so I don't see many co-workers or the job culture. We just keep our noses in the work we are contracted to perform.
Pros
Good client
its a good working environment
RF Drive Tester (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 23, 2016
Always busy at work and there is also a good management,you learned each day at this job and very friendly co-workers.we work as a team and we always get a good result.
Management is lacking respect for there employees. Benefits are way to costly
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 21, 2016
Seems like there is double standards between management and technicians .still in startup condition and has 3 joint companies
Warehouse Specialist, Forklift Operator, & Swing (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045July 17, 2016
Everything organize and communication is number one key to company. Great company to work for i wouldn't mind returning back to them if they ever requested me back.
So so at best
STOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2016
The job has a lot of room for improvement. I was told that there would be sufficient training. That wasn't the case.
The procedures are all reliant on who is in the room, if the manager is in the room all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. When the supervisor was in the room, incidents were deliberately ignored on their order. If this was ever caught the supervisor would place the blame on the operators.
The pay is ok for what the job involves. The benefits were very expensive.
Overall this job would be much better if the management were replaced, and better benefits were included
Fast paced and dynamic work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at AECOM. I learned many valuable administrative skills and had the opportunity to work in several difference work environments. In a typical day at my job I provided support to several project teams as well as my tasks within the office. This required me to acquire strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and finally to communicate and maintain professional relations with co-workers as well as clients and vendors.