AECOM Employee Reviews

Large Company, many offices
Senior Environmental Scientist / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 27, 2017
Freedom to personalize work schedule in consultation with manager. Great opportunities for advancement. Great diversity in projects to work on.

Sometime a disconnect between making training opportunities available to staff yet not providing them enough time to take advantage of them and asking for them to be conducted on personal time.
Good place
Aircraft worker (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CANovember 22, 2017
The company is a good company to work for. pay is good, work is easy however, the union that backs us isnt good at all. other then that id recommend the job to anyone.
No direction for growth
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2017
The company had really poor management direction. Competition between business lines were heavy, as everyone tried to book similar contracts. Overall, the company waste a lot of resources on useless things and development. Not the best place for development, but good experience learning the industry.
Great Company
Cost Consultant / Estimator (Former Employee) –  DublinNovember 22, 2017
A typical day at work in the Dublin Office was great because you are dealing with the largest projects in the industry so there is always something different to do. The social aspect of the office was also brilliant because AECOM sponsored many employee social events.
Tools and Parts Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CANovember 22, 2017
Good place to work. It's just that i felt like we are not getting paid enough for what we are doing. I learned a lot. The management are really nice and helpful. the career advancement is a little bit low, which results to some workers choose to leave and look for a different and better pay job.
very productive job many different technology departments
SENIOR ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kelly AFB texasNovember 22, 2017
was good experience but badly managed company was forced to employ same employees that took the base to close and try to operate the same way not ware of competition and that now customer could get other contractor if needed
Pros
learned new technology
Cons
contract job 3 year
Not Sure of Future Vision
Planner/Scheduler IV (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 21, 2017
The culture seems to be changing. I feel like they're treating the professional staff like temporary workers. I don't see a strong vision from the executives within the company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor job stability
work elsewhere
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Too many hours, for too little pay. Management does not appreciate hard work. There is a cutthroat culture among project managers and support staff. It is hard to get and help when you need it. Human resources is absolutely no help when you need them.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 20, 2017
Fair management, safety oriented at all times. Safety was always the number one goal followed by teamwork and making our deadlines. Everyone friendly.
Pros
Flexible with giving time off
Cons
Contract work...no work after contract ends
Relaxed work environment
Project Controls/Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at AECOM and grew a lot professionally there. The work environment was very relaxed and allowed for remote work as necessary. Management was pretty good although at times I felt like they found it hard to delegate some of their work.
Pros
Available to work Remotely
Cons
Hard to work through company intranet site
Team environment, good people
CAE Specialist/3D CAD Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 19, 2017
Working for AECOM was a great experience. The pay was good, opportunities for advancement were OK, the people I worked with were great and I would recommend them to anyone.
a lot of pros to working at AECOM
Senior Lead Estimator, Level V (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 19, 2017
Open work space with conference rooms available for meetings.
Weight watcher meetings onsite.
estimating software is good and used properly.
Weekly check ins for maximum productivity
Fun learning experience
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 19, 2017
A typical day at aecom it's like you get in in the morning you clock in your greeted by your supervisors and your other staff and the women and men both have divided locker rooms in break rooms around 7 o'clock to get out on the floor to complete your daily tasks around 9 o'clock is your first break for 15 minutes then your second break is at 12 for 45 minutes 3 o'clock it's time to go home I love the job and the people that I work with I will recommend this job to anybody to ask me
Positive Work Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioNovember 17, 2017
The interview and hiring process was thorough and efficient. I was qualified by a recruiter. The recruiter set up a team call with the Program and Business Unit leaders. Thereafter, I met my hiring manager for coffee. It was very informal and comfortable. Lastly, we met as a group with the client to evaluate whether we were a good fit.
Pros
Good Work/Life Balance
good working conditions
SGT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
this was temporary job but had lot of exciting people to work with . work experience was different then usual , benefits of home trip was very nice and enjoyed very much .
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
job was on list to be cancelled
Lead Telecom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDNovember 16, 2017
- Good management support
- Excellent work culture
- Great team members
- Less stressful office environment
- Employee benefit (401 matching, Health) not very good
Pros
Less stressful environment
Cons
Benefits not competitive with the market place
most enjoyable part of the job
Senior EPC Construction Material Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
Worked to recover lost ground and help construction gain control of schedule during startup and Developed good working relationship with Vendor and Constructability Manager to resolve any issues and/or conflicts.
Excellent Place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PANovember 15, 2017
Worked a temporary contract for a special assignment, Although we worked hard, it was not stressful, and the company was very easy to work for. Would love to go back permanently
Summer Intern
Geology Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Had a wonderful time working for AECOM. They treated me with respect even though I was an intern and I was allowed to help out with some really cool projects. Anyone in environmental consulting should consider AECOM.
Productive and professional work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 13, 2017
AECOM is an excellent place to work. The atmosphere is very professional. The company truly cares about the well being and professional development of its employees.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.