AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,278 reviews matching the search
great place to work there are some issues with the way things are run on the management side
Lead (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 2, 2015
love the work we are tasked to do just wish there wasn't all the politics in the management side, procurement side of the company needs to be restructured or something.
Pros
great benefits and work inviroment
Cons
politics and procurment
Construction,engineering & commercial services
Resident engineer - Project Highlights (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Company out look stable
No EEO issue
Professional organization
Over all rating Excellent
Job Security and Culture Professional
Pros
Breal for training
Cons
health benefit and Break
Something interesting everyday.
Quality Control/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day begins at 0430 with the reviewing, answering and clearing of the of the previous days email traffic. Next would be the morning safety briefing to the crew. There was always something new to be learned depending on whatever was happening. I learned to be patient and tolerant of other individuals. Management allowed us to do our job with very to little micro-management. My immediate coworkers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the position was the two commute one way, and most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that everyone else went home safe and sound.
AECOM is an American worldwide provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets.
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me in the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Call Center is to provide professional and courteous IT support by means of telephone and electronic mail for the Employees and the Private Sector. During the course of the day in our fast paced call center, I create, update, resolve and provide technical support to customers requiring assistance with Software, Telecommunications, Email/Lotus Notes/Outlook, LAN support and Infrastructure issues.

I coordinate with Management in ensuring that some major program directions and changes are effectively communicated, encouraging the staff to move forward and contribute to planning, evaluation, integration, and implementation of new systems. I offer assistance to my co-workers whenever called upon for support.

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing professional and courteous IT customer service support to each one of my customers.
Not Feeling warm and fuzzy anymore
Safety II (Current Employee) –  ManyJanuary 19, 2016
They have fired a lot of good people once they bought up good company, They never comunicate information or touch base with you if they send you to a project.
Benefits
Cons
No comunication
The most enjoyable part of the job
Material Expeditor (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with a lot of great people and work together as a team to get our production for that days work. I really enjoy what I do and making sure that my daily task is performed and completed at the end of a work day. My supervisor is the B.O.M.B!! he is awesome person to work for.
Pros
no room for advancement for permanet postions within the company as a contractor
Cons
healthcare
We(the employees) went through a number of major changes without any kind notification.
Project Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2016
A typical day was hurry up and wait. The Project Team would want something now and when they got it they would sit on the item.

I learned E1(a J D Edwards), Oracle, enhanced EXCEL, enhanced word, billing standards and enhanced Adobe.

Management would say that they would help us resolve disagreements with the project teams per the billing standards, but when it came down to it they would tell us to do it(what ever was in question by the project team).

My co-workers were great. We really supported each other especially if a dead line needed to be met.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistences and the ever changing rules.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my co-workers.
Pros
Every now and again they would buy lunch and possibly a half a day off.
Great place to work.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albany GaJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work loved this job .
But a lot of layoffs and no job security.
Management was good and alot of great coworkers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Alot of layoffs due to gov. contracts
Very good professional people to work with, energetic, provided great thinking out of the box
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 4, 2016
Typically started work at 06:30am through 5:30 PM
Started the day with a daily meeting with the supervisors on progress, issues, solutions etc.
Second meeting with the client for updates or issues which needed their attention or approval.
Managed the Change order process with project controls for costs, budget schedule changes and client approvals
Made site visits to ensure project was on track work out any logistics issues for materials with the Materials Management team
Weekly, in person, Provided status reports on the projects which included staff count, project status and schedules, Materials status, Costs vs Budget, Change orders approved/disapproved and why they were required or not required
Weekly or daily if required with our Director on the project
Pros
Great Professional team atmosphere people in the office and on site
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 28, 2015
Although it is a large company, many of these people have known, worked, and socialized with each other for decades. I personally have known a lot of the Denver office for decades. It's like a big family that has the normal family stresses and stuff going on, but there is also a camaraderie and an inclusion that is lacking in other companies. It is a fast paced environment but when it comes down to it, it's a caring environment even if strict corporate rules are in place because everyone knows everyone and helps pick up the slack when needed on deadlines and huge projects.

People are promoted fairly, Management is willing to train workers, and workers work hard. I can only speak about the Denver Office. Many people go to other companies, some come back, but everyone still knows everyone and that's the way it will always be. When you're there, it might drive you crazy, but when you leave, you'll always miss it. Most of my best friends have come out of this company. And this is a highly productive work environment. A lot of variety, challenges, learn new things and personal growth. Also a lot of tolerance of the goings on inside the group. You spend a lot of time with co-workers, and you get to know them. This is a very large office.
Pros
Friendly people, helpful work environment
Cons
Stress, deadlines, normal corporate bottom line rules
Staff is awesome!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 15, 2015
Staff at AECOM are a joy to work with which is what kept me there for the long run. AECOM was built on company acquisitions and therefore upper management has been very unstable which has had a trickle down effect on the staff. Morale to say the least has not been good for at least 5 years now. Compensation and benefits however are excellent, so if you can wait long enough for upper management to get their act together this is the company for you!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Best company I've ever worked for
Sr. Accounting Clerk - Expense (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2016
You will always have the feeling of going to work each day because you know you will be happy.
I learned that a company like AECOM really exists. This is the only company that gives the employee the chance to stretch out during the day to relieve the stress from your system.
Mangement is awesome. They treat you well. Very professional.
My co workers are the best people I've ever worked with. We're like a family. No intrigues, everybody will always be smiling at you.
The hardest part is leaving the company because of outsourcing.
I like their flexible hours and the friendly atmosphere at work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Workload is high but tolerable
Fun friendly atmosphere
Senior Office Administrator/HR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company for five years. I was very busy and enjoyed my job, especially the Human Resources because i was able to meet new people and get to know them one-on-one. I learned a lot about engineering. I really liked my first to managers. They were fair, trusted and respected me, and didn't have to micro-manage me, i got along well with my co-workers. i was the "go to" person if anyone needed help. They knew they could rely on me to resolve their questions or needs. I don't think there was anything I would consider particularly hard about the job. Occasionally frustrated when trying to get something done with a deadline and being constantly interrupted. Although I had set responsibilities, every day there seemed to be a new challenge. I liked that because I was never bored. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The Human Resources side was my favorite.
Pros
Working with great people, and learning a lot about engineering.
Cons
A lot of people were laid off due to a lack of work, and upper management still taking their millions of bonus money while people lost their jobs..
Great place to start my career and gain experience
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2015
More than anything else, the people within AECOM make it a great place to work from hiring manager and throughout the entire civil, structural, and architectural disciplines. Projects are large scale, complex, and challenging, working and coordinating with all disciplines to complete the design. There is diverse clients as well, industrial process, Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, Mining, and DOE. Competitive benefits.
Pros
Up until this year, all training for PDH and licensing fees are provided by the company. Great diversity of complex, highly technical projects.
Cons
The company has said for a long time that it's greatest asset is all the employees, yet seems a contradiction that people are not held onto when work gets slow.
Productive and Fun Place at URS
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2015
I loved the URS Corporation team. Everyone was organized, friendly and professional. The Business Manager (then HR specialist) always thoroughly explained tasks to me that I didn't understand in a comprehensible way. She used jargon that I understood. And I loved my boss. He was always encouraging and I received great evaluation reviews from him.
And we all worked well as a team; tasks were always done in the timeframe in which they should have been. Deadlines were always met. The URS team were great at delegating administrative tasks. We had brown bag lunches and I always received a gift on Administrative support day. ALL the skills I acquired as an Administrative assistant is because of URS Corporation. I am very grateful to URS for giving me a chance to become their Administrative support person.
Pros
Brown Bag lunches and gifts on Admin day
Cons
No room for career advancement
Records analyst
intelligence records research analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 12, 2016
Worked at AECOM for a federal project in the DC area. Basically, looked at old military records and made sure nuclear data or intelligence (CIA, NSA) programs were not mentioned. The job was tedious, having to read old musty and dusty records all day. But that could be interesting, especially for history majors. The work center was kinda far from anything, which was one of the reasons i quit. If it was in downtown DC or Arlington/Alexandria, probably would have stayed on.
Pros
Quite workspace, new boxes of records to look at.
Cons
Stuck in the middle of nowhere, no public transportation
Fair place to work
supply technician GS (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work starts by checking for empty bins that hardware would be in. If they are empty I would write the needed information to restock it. I have learned what type of hardware is used in military vehicles. The management seems to be fine. I enjoy working with my co-workers at Aecom. The hardest part of my job is keeping transportation from place to place to do my job effectively. I find that the most enjoyalbe part of my job is not finding any empty bins.
Pros
If the job is done correctly you don't see any management hardly.
Cons
people changing minds and not giving you enough information in relation to the hardware
So so at best
STOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2016
The job has a lot of room for improvement. I was told that there would be sufficient training. That wasn't the case.
The procedures are all reliant on who is in the room, if the manager is in the room all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. When the supervisor was in the room, incidents were deliberately ignored on their order. If this was ever caught the supervisor would place the blame on the operators.
The pay is ok for what the job involves. The benefits were very expensive.
Overall this job would be much better if the management were replaced, and better benefits were included
Very much enjoyed my work
Piping Designer I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2016
IT was a good place to work. I enjoyed what I did and always felt proud with completed assignments.

IT was very fast paced so getting breaks to learn and advance were hard to find unless done during off time.

management in the office was good, but at a corporate level it was typical

A few good co-workers

All the meetings for team building were a distraction

They would provide lunch on quite a few occasions
Good place to learn
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2015
The company is ok but not very active or energetic. People leave too fast due to poor management or lack of vision or they get laid off. It doesn't provide much job security. Overall the company culture is lost due to too many acquisitions. It's too corporate and too big for a design firm.
Pros
flexible days of work, people are nice, easy to learn
Cons
too big of a company, you get lost and unnoticed, not enough energy and vision from leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.