AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

a good working environment to learn different skills, to help in life
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), ALBANY GAMarch 6, 2014
waking up every morning was a blessing know that i,m about to go to work with a team of people i love being around, in the process of learn new things also getting paid doing it. the upper management had its pros and cons never the-less things worked out, believe it or not the hardest part of my-job was leaving for that day i love working for the company.
Decent Company
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros - Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally
Cons - If you aren't a project manager you have little long term value to the company. Technical specialists are not valued my management.
Manager a control freak
Senior QA/QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: decient benifit package
Cons: large company, limited flexability
Working conditions were under the present manager were under duress.
Very great no regret
Logistics Analyst II (Current Employee), PARFebruary 27, 2014
AECOM is a big corporation and a very good company to work for, i never regret working for them. I was able to move up,got pertinent training as at when required and got empowered management skills.
Inventory Technician (Current Employee), AfghanistanFebruary 20, 2014
Good company to work for. Management is pretty ok working hand to hand with employees, as well as co-workers. The job is easy going and not hard to do. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people!
The best Experience I've had
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2014
... because of its people and friendly environment I am still craving to go back any time. They do overwork you "unintentionally";)
Management needs to be restructured from the top
Safety Health Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 19, 2014
The people who work for AECOM on a lower level are GREAT!!! But beware of the dysfunction that is noticeable at the Program Management level because they're suppose to run the program.
productive movement of equipment
Heavy Transport Driver (Former Employee), PARFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: half day off every two weeks
Cons: management
Seven days a week over all that I did with the company and being in Afghanistan it was good management was very poor it was not what they did for the team it was about how we made them shin plus we got very little support from the Management . all the co workers had a lot of knowledge of there jobs . The hardest part was training the different cultures – more... such as India, Kosovo but as running the fuel tanker I had a very good crew . – less
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Good place to work. Large engineering and architecture firm.
Job was fine, but lack of experience in supervisors and very unorganized management.
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee), FOB Shank, AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
Typical day of work was 13 hour shifts with unpaid hour of lunch. Mostly phase maintenance with unscheduled maintenance from time to time. Management would change frequently, so rules and the general way things were ran changed a lot, making an already stressful combat situation more of a pain. Co-workers were 50-50, some were good hard workers and – more... some were alright with doing as little as possible. I would say inexperience was a major problem. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management changes every few months. The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that because of us the Army was able to take the fight to the enemy. – less
Great Learning Experience
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Had a lot of fun. Great co-workers. Great Management. Overall, result and goal driven environment.
The company provides professional work environment, where an employee can show his/her creativity
Resource Development Manager (Current Employee), Kabul AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
I work 5 days a week 8 hours per day. I learned more about organizational culture in diversity. I learn how to work with people from other countries.
I was hired as senior officer but when i shown my ability and potential, the company rewarded me with a good promotion. I was promoted to a manager position.
My co-workers are all professional people they – more... all practive good organizational ethics.
The hardest part of the job is that beside my office colleagues I use to manage more than 70 people in remote areas where i even cant travel, but fortunately i have been able to manage them in a good why where they all produce good results.

The most enjoyable time in my work is when i present my successes to the senior management. – less
Not bad
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), SalernoFebruary 10, 2014
Fun and exciting work with the military. The benefits are great.
Professional technical & management support services
Team Lead Site Support and Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Support Services provided to a broad range of markets including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
chemistry was awesome just lacked communication between management and workers
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), PARFebruary 10, 2014
overall good company to work for. Had its ups and downs like any other government contracting company overseas.
Productive workplace, and great employees and Management.
Logistics/ Material Handler (Current Employee), Springfield VaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete all assigned task.
Typical day at work, starts off with mail deliveries, then the collection of materials to be disposed of. Then assignments are given for certain task around the building. The hardest part of the job, is completion of all task assigned. The most enjoyable part is there is no stress, and the environment is relaxing.
Good company
O&M Electrician (Former Employee), AfghanistanFebruary 5, 2014
This company pays well and leaves some room for you to grow with them. In my line of work, there isn't really much room for that unless you possess the gift of gab. I'm a doer not a talker.
Sucessful, dynamic company with beautiful offices in downtown Denver
PROJECT/BILLING ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful office, great people, and great benefits, pays for bus and light rail pass
Cons: downtown denver location - long commute, company doesn't pay for parking as an option for long communte on light rail
I enjoyed working for AECOM, and would love to work for them again in the future.
Their Denver office is located in a beautiful building in the heart of downtown Denver, just one block off the 16th Street Mall. Therefore, there are lots of places to go shopping and out to lunch.
The company pays for bus and light rail, however they don't pay for parking. – more... There are many convenient parking garages that are close to the office if you would choose to drive. I live in the Parker area, therefore the commute was a long one each day when taking the light rail. My position as a Project Accountant was a very busy one which required several hours of overtime each week, therefore the long commute was exhausting and was what caused me to leave AECOM.
The people at AECOM were among the most caring and friendly that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Management was always very friendly and fair, and I never felt that they thought they were above me and didn't treat me with great respect.
I will always be grateful for the experience that I gained at AECOM. Because my job was so busy, I learned valuable lessons in time management and efficiency. I always felt that management, my project managers, and coworkers truly valued and appreciated my I hard work and dedication.
I would highly recommend AECOM to anyone seeking employment with an overall great company. – less
Good team but no room or $ for advancement
Loading Dock Lead Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 4, 2014
I have worked for this company for the last 4 years both overseas and stateside. I have received exactly 1 raise of .50 per hour despite various awards due to performance. I currently commute approximately 4 hours per day to this job and it seems time to find something to make the hours away from family worthwhile.
hourly work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 3, 2014
An enjoyable placed to work with great team leaders and supervisor,

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more