AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

only words
Employee Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: $100 towards parking or transit
Cons: poor benefits and lack of work life balance
At first I was excited to work for a firm that claims it was making a difference in the world, that soon wore off. for AECOM its all about the money.

I've worked for some large corporations in the past, but never anything like this. AECOM has some real problems and now that they've merged with URS, trouble is on the way.

I would not recommend this company to anybody with a family. If you work here, make sure your children have a recent photo of you otherwise they may forget what you look like.

Overall, AECOM claims to have a strong "work life balance" but in the end, these are merely words on a website...and nothing more.

AECOM will soon tumble....and as the old saying goes, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".
good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: good salery
Cons: ail and gas ups and downs
very challenging work but good company. Excellent management team. Coworkers very skilled.Very good benefits. Mostly enjoyable but very challenging projects require good reasoning skills out of the box.
Productive working environment. Good management.
IA / Acquisition / Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJune 24, 2015
Responsibilities include Information Assurance, Acquisition and Logistics support for our Government Clients; United States Marine Corps, Quantico.
Great Company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Understanding Management
Cons: Compensation
I would definitely recommend this company to anybody in the job market. This is a wonderful company to start your mid-level career. Excellent opportunities available always.
Run AWAY as fast as you can
A unhappy employee (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Looking for a new job
This company is too top heavy and senior management has lost touch with what's going on. It's all about the bottom line at the expense of the employees. Human resource is only interested in protecting management.
Fair place to work but very corporate
Public Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 18, 2015
I enjoy working at AECOM but most of the time I feel like I'm just a grain of sand compared to the whole company. It is very hard to advance to management.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), West AfricaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Professional Corporate support
Cons: None
Challenging contingency assignments associated with US DOS AFRICAP program. Robust support systems that have been tested.
Large construction and engineering projects worldwide
Accounts Payable Assistant, Orange (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 17, 2015
I focused primarily on the accounts payable area for this large organization. I enjoyed working with vendors in tracking down payments and working with them to set up their accounts. My co-workers were great in my division and the management often planned fun events for the employees.
Learn to focus and to finish the job.
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long hours.
: Military Contractor for AECOM, for the US ARMY in Afghanistan. Light Wheel & Heavy Mobile Equipment, Vehicle Mechanic, Humvee and 5 Ton & domestic Vehicles. Welding; Engine repair, transmission repair, Total restoration of Humvee or 5 tons, cab removal / replacement of harnesses, electrical troubleshooting, General maintenance/preventive maintenance, M-Raps. Repair and trouble shoot all areas of the Military vehicles, for the missions.
fun place to work
Inspector / QAQC (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: modern military veh
Cons: location
early start on day, inspect veh ,help mechanics, do paperwork,let supervisor know what was going on
the most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with mechanics to get product out on timely and safe maner
hardest part of job all the walking
Gained experience in different environmental sampling
Technician II (Current Employee), Warner Robins GaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Gained valuable expierence
I have learned a lot about the different types of sampling that come with environmental field, such as groundwater sampling, soil sampling, and air sampling. I have been on many different types of projects that allowed me to gain new insight on the different type of contamination's that companies are responsible for cleaning up and how contractors are not just given the work of cleaning up a site but is won and what their roles are once the project is awarded.
Awesome company
Team Lead/ Aircraft Mechanic 3 (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 11, 2015
Pros: This company has a lot of potential.
Cons: New to the aviation world.
Good company but needs to work on building up the aviation division. I think they made the right move when they brought out URS.
Diffrent world but not a bad one depending where you land
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good people in lower managment
as with most company's you have levels of worker participation.
but I found that 10 percent or less actually do preform a valuable function. but are not rewarded for it other than a increased workload.
while the others not doing anything or low level contributors are praised.
Avoid unless you really need a job.
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2015
Avoid, look for other opportunities. Toxic environment and not the Britney Spears toxic, the bad toxic. That is about all I have to say.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2015
I have been very fortunate to work at AECOM. My managers are wonderful people and I have enjoyed working for both of them. I have been challenged and appreciated and the most difficult thing I have to do is leave. Unfortunately we merged with another company and the restructure is forcing people out. I will miss both of my managers greatly.
Overall great place to get your feet wet
Logistician (Current Employee), Chantilly, VaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great people, and hours
Cons: No room to grow as a professional
I enjoy the people and the clients I work with/ for, however there is little room for advancement as the current contract is drawn up. The hours and work environment are top notch , and hardest part of my day is really the comm.ute, I enjoy what I do , so I don't think of it as work
Overall, a good company
Aircraft General Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 28, 2015
Performed aircraft maintenance for the military, on a contract basis. There was always something to do and the work environment was enjoyable due to great co-workers.
Terrible
Sr.Analyst (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMay 26, 2015
Lies a plenty. First they lied about lateral job opportunities, which do not exist. It is unlikely that a federal services sector worker supporting a defense program would qualify for a bridge engineer position. Usual idiotic corporate dribble to keep the rabble subdued.

Then lies about bonuses and severance. Workers that stood by them during a protest, but were then picked up on the successor contract were told they would NOT receive severance...the day before the first severance payment was due! This after a VP “assured” workers that was not the case. People who saw the handwriting on the wall and got jobs with other companies got their payments though (good for them).

Anyone in the Stafford area doesn't really have to worry about these people because they won't be in the area long...losing contracts every re-compete.
Good experience with real hard labor
Staff Engineer/Intern (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2015
Started work very early in the morning, and prepared to move costumers belongs and furniture into the moving truck, then unload their belongings at the new house.
A decent, albeit large company to work for
PLANNER (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 19, 2015
A very large corporation that continues to grow and work became less of a tight knit community feel. It is mostly consulting based, so if your group did not pull in revenue, there may be budget cuts. Stingy on holidays, PTO was fair, but no sick days.
Headquarters