AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Large construction and engineering projects worldwide
Accounts Payable Assistant, Orange (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 17, 2015
I focused primarily on the accounts payable area for this large organization. I enjoyed working with vendors in tracking down payments and working with them to set up their accounts. My co-workers were great in my division and the management often planned fun events for the employees.
Learn to focus and to finish the job.
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long hours.
: Military Contractor for AECOM, for the US ARMY in Afghanistan. Light Wheel & Heavy Mobile Equipment, Vehicle Mechanic, Humvee and 5 Ton & domestic Vehicles. Welding; Engine repair, transmission repair, Total restoration of Humvee or 5 tons, cab removal / replacement of harnesses, electrical troubleshooting, General maintenance/preventive maintenance, M-Raps. Repair and trouble shoot all areas of the Military vehicles, for the missions.
fun place to work
Inspector / QAQC (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: modern military veh
Cons: location
early start on day, inspect veh ,help mechanics, do paperwork,let supervisor know what was going on
the most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with mechanics to get product out on timely and safe maner
hardest part of job all the walking
Gained experience in different environmental sampling
Technician II (Current Employee), Warner Robins GaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Gained valuable expierence
I have learned a lot about the different types of sampling that come with environmental field, such as groundwater sampling, soil sampling, and air sampling. I have been on many different types of projects that allowed me to gain new insight on the different type of contamination's that companies are responsible for cleaning up and how contractors are not just given the work of cleaning up a site but is won and what their roles are once the project is awarded.
Awesome company
Team Lead/ Aircraft Mechanic 3 (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 11, 2015
Pros: This company has a lot of potential.
Cons: New to the aviation world.
Good company but needs to work on building up the aviation division. I think they made the right move when they brought out URS.
Diffrent world but not a bad one depending where you land
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good people in lower managment
as with most company's you have levels of worker participation.
but I found that 10 percent or less actually do preform a valuable function. but are not rewarded for it other than a increased workload.
while the others not doing anything or low level contributors are praised.
Avoid unless you really need a job.
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2015
Avoid, look for other opportunities. Toxic environment and not the Britney Spears toxic, the bad toxic. That is about all I have to say.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2015
I have been very fortunate to work at AECOM. My managers are wonderful people and I have enjoyed working for both of them. I have been challenged and appreciated and the most difficult thing I have to do is leave. Unfortunately we merged with another company and the restructure is forcing people out. I will miss both of my managers greatly.
Overall great place to get your feet wet
Logistician (Current Employee), Chantilly, VaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great people, and hours
Cons: No room to grow as a professional
I enjoy the people and the clients I work with/ for, however there is little room for advancement as the current contract is drawn up. The hours and work environment are top notch , and hardest part of my day is really the comm.ute, I enjoy what I do , so I don't think of it as work
Overall, a good company
Aircraft General Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 28, 2015
Performed aircraft maintenance for the military, on a contract basis. There was always something to do and the work environment was enjoyable due to great co-workers.
Terrible
Sr.Analyst (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMay 26, 2015
Lies a plenty. First they lied about lateral job opportunities, which do not exist. It is unlikely that a federal services sector worker supporting a defense program would qualify for a bridge engineer position. Usual idiotic corporate dribble to keep the rabble subdued.

Then lies about bonuses and severance. Workers that stood by them during a protest, but were then picked up on the successor contract were told they would NOT receive severance...the day before the first severance payment was due! This after a VP “assured” workers that was not the case. People who saw the handwriting on the wall and got jobs with other companies got their payments though (good for them).

Anyone in the Stafford area doesn't really have to worry about these people because they won't be in the area long...losing contracts every re-compete.
Good experience with real hard labor
Staff Engineer/Intern (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2015
Started work very early in the morning, and prepared to move costumers belongs and furniture into the moving truck, then unload their belongings at the new house.
A decent, albeit large company to work for
PLANNER (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 19, 2015
A very large corporation that continues to grow and work became less of a tight knit community feel. It is mostly consulting based, so if your group did not pull in revenue, there may be budget cuts. Stingy on holidays, PTO was fair, but no sick days.
Mission Readiness
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Work hours were great
Cons: Job Security
Morning Meeting with upper Management to discuss plan of attack for the day and safety processors.

Increase productivity for inventory on parts and tool received from vendors.

Construct fully loaded tool boxes for the Army.

Unload any incoming trucks with product from vendors.

Categorize and inventory Dormo Material

Co workers worked together threw most of the day.

Co workers were willing to help when help was needed.

Management did not know how to lead.

Management did not communicate with one another.

The Managers were not a custom to new ideas.

The hardest part about the day was doing the same job several different times in the same day.

The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing we made a difference supporting the Troops delivering our product on time.
Good
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTMay 18, 2015
Pros: Get the holidays off
Cons: Won't get a raise
It is an ok company to work for I just would like to make more money. I work with great people. They tought me alot about my job and I hope to take all the knowledge with me where ever I go.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Aviation Life Support Systems Team Lead (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun and Upbeat environment
Cons: Minimum or no pay raises due to federal wage scale
Begin the day with the morning maintenance meeting to discuss daily flights and top priorities. Perform priority jobs first and then work on additional duties. Learned a lot about working together with military personnel and other contractors. Work environment is friendly and moral was always high. Hardest part of the job was knowing that internal movement or promotions were few and far between, so many employees feel stuck. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great environment.
My work requires that I not be at home.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: Added benefits from perdiem.
Cons: Not at home enough.
would rather be at home every night or at least on the weekends. the company only uses my time to mobilize for FEMA declared disasters.
Great start to career in HR
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
As an entry level HR Generalist, I have learned much in my three years with the organization on a spectrum of HR related practices and policies. I am currently seeking new employment due to a large scale acquisition by AECOM that has introduced uncertainty into my career's future.
ok
Electrician (Current Employee), aecomMay 12, 2015
Aecom has great pay and benefits, it is a ok place to work for, it is better if you work with aecom on a union contract. The union is a strong union
A wide varity of people that make the work enjoyable
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMay 9, 2015
Pros: rotating shift allows for a week off per cycle
Cons: health care benifits and 401k could use improvements
There is a lot of new equipment that I have not worked with before, so the learning is enjoyable and interesting. Since it is a government project there is extensive paperwork that can really slow the work process and does not allow for technicians to make on the spot repairs a lot of the times. I have worked for some really good managers while working here and also worked for some that are completely disorganized that makes completing tasks difficult. I work on a rotating swing shift that is hard on the body but does allow for a week break in between cycles. For me, my co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.

About AECOM

With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction – Read more

AECOM Salaries