AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

Great job for entry level positions that offer valuable work experience.
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 16, 2014
Aecom does a great job seeking out young developing talent that can be nurtured into experienced professionals and helps it's people advance to higher positions. The work is straight forward but can be tedious and requires specific attention to detail, but at the end of the day you know that you accomplished something that connects to the bigger picture.
Horrible working environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 15, 2014
Accountants do not make good dinner guests. This fact asside the employees were; except for 2, terrible people.
Fast paced
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), AfganhistanApril 11, 2014
Fast paced with a heavy work load that required technical skills.
Management work load and environment great plave to work.
Supply Tech Consultant / Buyer - Chambersburg (Former Employee), Chambersburg PaMarch 31, 2014
Cons: contracting jobs doesn't seem to last for a very long time no job security.
I enjoyed having a job that my expertise was used to there fullest.
I have trained and coached other co-workers,this allowed me to share different ides and coaching tools to other management leaders.

Contracting jobs doesn't seem to last for a very long time no job security.
great company to work for
Cultural Monitor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great pay great management
Cons: no long time employment
i would work long hours but it was worth it,I had great people working beside me
Well organized company, good management nice place to work.
Director of Quality (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2014
Enjoyed working with other engineering professionals on a major construction program.
Hard working co workers
Supply Technician Logistics (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
Coming from a military back ground this was easy to just step in a work well as a team.
AECOM is a place to grow and advance in a fast-paced, professional environment.
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2014
I was fortunate to begin my career in Recruiting/Human Resources working for this Fortune 500 company. In the Government Services sector I was consistently promoted to increasingly challenging positions. AECOM sent me all over the world in my tenure, providing startup, setup and training on Human Resources and Recruiting practices for government contracts. – more... I enjoyed being the "go-to" person for problem resolution, project management, guidance and mentoring of junior staff.

The past 5 years as Talent Acquisition Manager enabled me to implement Recruiting process improvements, become the Subject Matter Expert on implementation, training and compliance of Applicant Tracking Systems; specifically Kenexa Brass Ring. I oversaw and managed a consultant recruiting staff who were responsible for high-volume recruiting in the Middle East and South Asia - deploying approximately 2200 hires in 2013.

I thrive on making order out of chaos so this position was extremely rewarding to me.

I would recommend anyone to pursue AECOM as a potential employer - either in the Corporate Engineering environment or the Government Contracts sector. They offer competitive salary, great benefits, a solid work ethic and professional growth. – less
Maintain AH-64D with the U.S. Army
Maintenance Electronics Technician II (Former Employee), Bagram Air Force Base, AfghanistanMarch 18, 2014
Pros: descent pay
Cons: long hours in a combat zone
Conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Maintain helicopters avionics, armament, and electronic systems. Complete Battle Damage Repairs. Assist U.S. Army as required with tasks and modifications.
Proffesional company full of experianced people.
Interim Systems Test Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: other employees were a wealth of information and dependable
Cons: you are often secluded from the company
Review schedule, inspect and track work performed by contractor. I learned a great deal about train Control. Management was very supportive and responsive to all my requests and issues. I had only co-workers from other companies, not AECOM.
a good working environment to learn different skills, to help in life
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), ALBANY GAMarch 6, 2014
waking up every morning was a blessing know that i,m about to go to work with a team of people i love being around, in the process of learn new things also getting paid doing it. the upper management had its pros and cons never the-less things worked out, believe it or not the hardest part of my-job was leaving for that day i love working for the company.
Decent Company
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros - Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally
Cons - If you aren't a project manager you have little long term value to the company. Technical specialists are not valued my management.
Manager a control freak
Senior QA/QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: decient benifit package
Cons: large company, limited flexability
Working conditions were under the present manager were under duress.
The best Experience I've had
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2014
... because of its people and friendly environment I am still craving to go back any time. They do overwork you "unintentionally";)
Management needs to be restructured from the top
Safety Health Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 19, 2014
The people who work for AECOM on a lower level are GREAT!!! But beware of the dysfunction that is noticeable at the Program Management level because they're suppose to run the program.
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Good place to work. Large engineering and architecture firm.
Great Learning Experience
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Had a lot of fun. Great co-workers. Great Management. Overall, result and goal driven environment.
Professional technical & management support services
Team Lead Site Support and Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Support Services provided to a broad range of markets including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
Productive workplace, and great employees and Management.
Logistics/ Material Handler (Current Employee), Springfield VaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete all assigned task.
Typical day at work, starts off with mail deliveries, then the collection of materials to be disposed of. Then assignments are given for certain task around the building. The hardest part of the job, is completion of all task assigned. The most enjoyable part is there is no stress, and the environment is relaxing.
Sucessful, dynamic company with beautiful offices in downtown Denver
PROJECT/BILLING ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful office, great people, and great benefits, pays for bus and light rail pass
Cons: downtown denver location - long commute, company doesn't pay for parking as an option for long communte on light rail
I enjoyed working for AECOM, and would love to work for them again in the future.
Their Denver office is located in a beautiful building in the heart of downtown Denver, just one block off the 16th Street Mall. Therefore, there are lots of places to go shopping and out to lunch.
The company pays for bus and light rail, however they don't pay for parking. – more... There are many convenient parking garages that are close to the office if you would choose to drive. I live in the Parker area, therefore the commute was a long one each day when taking the light rail. My position as a Project Accountant was a very busy one which required several hours of overtime each week, therefore the long commute was exhausting and was what caused me to leave AECOM.
The people at AECOM were among the most caring and friendly that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Management was always very friendly and fair, and I never felt that they thought they were above me and didn't treat me with great respect.
I will always be grateful for the experience that I gained at AECOM. Because my job was so busy, I learned valuable lessons in time management and efficiency. I always felt that management, my project managers, and coworkers truly valued and appreciated my I hard work and dedication.
I would highly recommend AECOM to anyone seeking employment with an overall great company. – less

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more