AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search
Very productive and technically superior workforce
Avionics Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 6, 2017
AECOM is an excellent company that more than just provides a job. The company provides opportunities for unlimited career growth and goal achieving avenues are always open for those who wish to pursue and expand those personal and professional goals.
Very nice place to work
I&C Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 29, 2016
Just know your surroundings and keep your eyes on your friends. Be safe go home the same way you came enjoy your family. They will provide you everything you need to do your job successfully and properly safety is one of the number one things there and every word you very well
Pros
Brother's Keeper
Cons
Very safe atmosphere
Not a great place to work
Global Storage Architect/Enterprise Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Company cares about bottom dollar. No support for employees and no loyalty. They use people 100+ hours a week till they burn out then replace them.
Huge outsourcing initiative for many groups. IT/Finance/HR to name a few.
Pros
Cons
overworked, under paid, No support, No leadership.
Project driven people persons
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2017
My cohorts and managers are all serious people, however they are all extremely approachable. I never had a problem communicating concerns or issues to project managers. It made my time at various projects nearly stress free.
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Cons
Short term projects
Management needs to go!!!
General Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 30, 2016
Used to work for the company. Management created a hostile work environment. You are better off to seek work with other companies...
Too much stress in order to perform job functions. Technicians are leaving the company. High turn over rate. Program manager and supervisor have no experience.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Hostile
Benefits are entirely too expensive.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere with friendly,professional, and safe teammates. Typical work day is an eight hour day with expected PM procedures, and few trouble calls. Great opportunity for advancement within the company as long the individual is willing to relocate. Training is always available.
Relaxed shop culture, high tempo, high stress job
Line Division Manager / Aircraft Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 28, 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management that will not support you. A typical day at work is solving problem after problem for the customer just to avoid criticism by management. I have mastered multitasking and how to operate in an environment of constantly changing demands at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No one cares about you
Great opportunities with advancements.
Contractor/ Employer CDI (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
A typical day at work - very busy

What I learned - patience

Management - very informed

Co-workers - team players

The hardest part of the job - trying to understand foreigners speak English

The most enjoyable part of the job - was meeting foreign nationals and learning from them.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not enough employees
Fast paced and exciting
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2017
There are pros and cons with working here. The pros are you get to learn the aircraft and get familiar with the dealings of a line turn facility. The cons are you have to do it all OUTSIDE in the Vegas heat and wind.
Pros
Aircraft line maintenance is a blast
Cons
The downside is the "Blast" is like a FURNACE.
The best company I have ever worked for in the United States
Tech. Support Administrative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day of work was receiving submittals, making sure they were approved by the team manager before sending them back to the job sites, typing, scanning , filing.
Hired as administrative clerk II, I was involved in the team meeting the whole staff because in order to be aware of what was going on about the ongoing projects, my manager made me feel welcome, always, advising when it came to leaning options. My co-workers were team players professionally and socially. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had webinar presentation, every employee of every department had to get together in the learning center.
Pros
We had free lunch on team meeting days
Cons
Coffee time in the morning and around 3pm every day
I had a great job.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2017
Loved my job. I had a great supervisor and wonderful people to work with. I made close friends that will be in my life forever.
It was a job that I was good at and loved doing.
Pros
As an added benefit, there was a massage therapist who came in once a month.
Cons
Not knowing if I would get enough hours.
Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon (Canada) & New York CityJanuary 13, 2017
Aecom is a global engineering, design, construction management company with several business lines including Water, Infrastructure, Energy among others. Aecom is consistently included in the Top 500 Design Firms.
Pros
Lots of projects in the US
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 18, 2017
This is not a very employee friendly company! As a first time contractor working for them I was quite disappointed in the business ethics of this company. If you have other offers....go with them! I did like the organization that I was working at, just wished it was through another company!
Excellent Laboratory Position and company to work for
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 30, 2016
My day consisted of various laboratory tasks as assigned to include work with an AA machine, wastewater BODs, and oil and grease assessment of samples. I was also tasked with maintaining inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
Full of Bull
Automotive Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LA 71459November 20, 2016
I worked for AECOM twice. When they found out they were losing the contract they force the people who had insurance to take their insurance and it was high. The second time they came in with their gonna make things better bull and they allowed the wrong things to still happen.
Very challenging yet satisfying
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2016
Would be a great place to work if there were any hope for pay increases. The job itself is very satisfying working along side with various government officials, There is no room for advancement, but much training is provided to ensure that everyone is the best that they can be at their own jobs.
Pros
quarterly lunches
Cons
no raises, mediocre benefits
Good company and people, needs direction from management
Document Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
Good company and people,nice atmosphere, flexible on start and end times. There are many online training platforms, just need more practical application and direction for the long term. Benefits are decent, just raised rates.
Aecom
Field Services Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 27, 2016
AECOM is a great place to work and learn Construction Management. As a Construction Superintendent, I was able to interact with different contractors on a "work order" basis" and learned more about RFP procedures and contract timelines to complete projects to final closeout.
Pros
Salary is competitive
Cons
Contract work. Lack of job security
Good Experience
Sr. CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2017
Had good opportunity to grow and learn more about the people and clients. The pay was great. Most employees were easy to work and worked on many interesting projects.
Pros
Training with free lunches
Cons
Dried up budget from Engineers charging excessive overhead.
Great office atmosphere with decent Management
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work could be either on a job site out of town or in the office depending on what work there is to do. The workers at AECOM are very easy to get along with and a great deal of experience can be learned from them. Having some guidance at certain points along your career path at AECOM would probably be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part would being able to go to different job sites regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.