AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search
full of micromanaging, false promises, and lack of knowledge or understanding of the demographic
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
My experience at the company started off wonderful, but was then met with backstabbing, false promises, micromanaging from multiple people which led to confusion, name calling from upper management, and a seriously under-qualified manager.

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Job security is less than 100% because each day you feel as though you're walking on egg shells. Big company and most of the time you just get lost in the shuffle.
Pros
Cons
takes too long to get paid for expenses, too many channels to go through to handle a problem, management
The most enjoyable part of the job
Material Expeditor (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with a lot of great people and work together as a team to get our production for that days work. I really enjoy what I do and making sure that my daily task is performed and completed at the end of a work day. My supervisor is the B.O.M.B!! he is awesome person to work for.
Pros
no room for advancement for permanet postions within the company as a contractor
Cons
healthcare
Gained a lot of knowledge on government SOP's and NSN's that come in.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJune 6, 2016
I was given a great opportunity to be able to get promoted 3 months after gaining employment with AECOM. I have been blessed to work with some great mentors and have gained so much knowledge with all the assets and computer side of things from them.
does not know how to distribute work to employees properly always seem to be on a witch hut against employees
Sheet Metal Worker worker (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 11, 2016
doing up keep of air force c-5. management never seem to know what was going on and never could assign the work load properly.the only thing good about this job was the pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
AECOM is a world wide company
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
AECOM has offices all over the country and overseas also. it was previously URS. I have been with them going on 8 years. I was transferred to the Anchorage office as the Electrical and I&C Design Manager. We built a great team there, unfortunately, with the price of oil, I had to put all my team on standby then I was put on standby.
work
Heavy mobile tactical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 11, 2016
Worked on HEMMT, 915, 917, PLS, LSAC.

Hardest part of the job the job was a piece of cake... its the people who were the hardest.

Most enjoyable day was every day knowing I worked hard on the truck and everything I was assigned to do and more was done correctly.
Pros
love turning wrenchs
Cons
laxz people
Very good professional people to work with, energetic, provided great thinking out of the box
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 4, 2016
Typically started work at 06:30am through 5:30 PM
Started the day with a daily meeting with the supervisors on progress, issues, solutions etc.
Second meeting with the client for updates or issues which needed their attention or approval.
Managed the Change order process with project controls for costs, budget schedule changes and client approvals
Made site visits to ensure project was on track work out any logistics issues for materials with the Materials Management team
Weekly, in person, Provided status reports on the projects which included staff count, project status and schedules, Materials status, Costs vs Budget, Change orders approved/disapproved and why they were required or not required
Weekly or daily if required with our Director on the project
Pros
Great Professional team atmosphere people in the office and on site
Pleasant and Fun Atmosphere
Project Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
I would run draft for invoices on Monday. Once returned by the Project Team, I would then make any changes required by the Project Manager and Finalize and Submit the invoice to the client. There was always something new to learn. My supervisor was extremely helpful and so were my co-workers. We went thru a huge migration and we all helped each other. I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was responsible for over 300 projects a month.
Pros
Various duties so you didn't get bored.
Cons
Productive, established Engineering firm with ambitious workers.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2016
A typical day included design work that was performed under established engineers and supervisors. Tasks included roadway and structural design, as well as plan sheet generation, report creation, and project bidding.
By far the worst company I've ever dealt with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 4, 2016
This company does not follow up with employees that are onsite with customers. They do not support nor communicate anything to the employees. The morale is poor. Management is poor. They are only worried about themselves and not the people supporting them.
Pros
Starting off, you can move up quick
Cons
Management is poor. Benefits are poor.
AECom (formerly URS Corp) was a Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of generating reports, maintaining internal documents and Construction progress photos relating to construction progress activities. Attending weekly staff meetings, greeting clients, reserving conference rooms for Construction Meetings; board meetings, staff meetings, etc. Ordering Office Supplies, handling phone calls. Distributing departmental mail. The most enjoyable part of job was receiving gift cards or being treated to lunch on Admin Day. Learned skills such as Prolog Manager, MS Word and Excel; mastering general office tasks; and learning to prioritizing tasks.
Pros
Great Boss; Healthcare, paid Holidays, Sick time off; brownbag lunches, pleasant work environment
Cons
No Corporate Ladder to climb
likes to cross trian. have lots of room to advance
Painter/ auto boby (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 8, 2016
AECOM has given me an opportunity to train in different skill sets, which in turn has given me knowledge in many different areas.

It has also given me the confidence to try different techniques and accomplish tasks
Cons
cant ever get on line to deal with personal issues.
all I& C tasks
I&C Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
Not a good place to work. Pathetic management. Full of politics in the office. Manager is very bad and not a place for internationals .. Good place to learn as most people do not work and just talk. Hence you will get good hands on experience, but the work culture is very bad.
IT Specialist
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 28, 2016
Not bad of a company. Opportunities to grow. The benefits are not too shabby. The work environment is pretty laid back. Just remember to always negotiate your salary because they go through droughts were they will try to under pay you.
The people were great
Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2016
My work relationships and theatrics I worked with were great people with a vast knowledge of processes and we were never at a loss for ways to get the job accomplished.
Pros
Great pay, interesting work
Cons
The jobs became shorter in duration and slower to come in.
Contractor to avoid on Fort Bliss
Stock Clerk/CRC (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Most people seem to get hired because they are friends with management or related to them in some way. There is no room for advancement. You never get recognized for the hard work you put in. Management is horrible, way too much favortism on this contract. Benefit are a joke!!! Overpriced health insurance with an over inflated deductible. Sick days and jury duty days you pay for out of your Health and Welfare Benefit. They change the way you receive your Sick days and Vacation going back and forth from accrual to front loading different times through out year. This is the contractor to avoid whilst looking for a job at Fort Bliss.
Pros
Co-workers are awesome; great team!
Cons
Management, benefits....
limited hours to work on per project.
Administrative Assistant and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work included document control to the public on behalf of FEMA. Must be prepared for much and sudden changes with proposals in Marketing.
Co-workers were great team players.
Excellent Engineering firm
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keyera C3+ FT Project-Denver OfficeMay 23, 2016
Great place to work when there is a lot of work but it is Project oriented so if there are no projects to go to when you are done, you may be furloughed or laid off.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent training, lots of qualified people to work with
Cons
No job security
Nice place to work
Document Control Clerk/Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473June 7, 2016
Very good people and benefits, nice place, good place for advancement. Enjoyable place to work with good benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for the military and knowing I'm doing my part to give back to them.
A very warm and welcoming environment. I enjoyed my internship with AECOM over the three months I worked with them.
Environmental Scientist (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a challenging yet welcoming environment. My day would vary depending on project work... Some would be much more strenuous due to physical requirements whereas others were more laid back (analysis of field work in office).

I learned a lot about the environmental field in addition to working for and with knowledgeable individuals/management team members. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor but after a couple weeks I adjusted to the requirements and it became a nonissue. The most enjoyable part of my job was obtaining knowledge, experience and building professional relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.