AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

AECOM was a hard working enviroment but fun place to work.
Inspector lll (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Working at AECOM on a typical day started at 7.00am. and ended when ever the Contractor stop working. For me it was a great learning experience, I learnt a lot about construction and management, even though I was not a manager, and most of all the people were great to work with.
PRODUCTIVE AND RELAXED WORK PLACE WITH RESEARCH AND FUN AT TIMES.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 4, 2014
Pros: independence to attend seminars
Cons: less funding
PRODUCTIVE AND RELAXED WORK PLACE WITH RESEARCH AND FUN AT TIMES. LEARNED WORK ETHICS; GET ALONG WITH GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD CO-WORKERS. DEVELOPED MANAGERIAL SKILLS WHILE WORKING ON RESEARCH GRANT OBTAINED FROM THE ARMY. HARDEST PART OF THE WORK WAS TO MAKE THE MEDICAL STUDENTS FOCUS IN RESEARCH. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS TO GOSSIP WITH CO-WORKERS AFTER – more... A SUCCESSFUL DAY OF WORK. – less
Great place to work if you don't mind job instability and travel
Other (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: constant layoffs. constant rumors about who will be laid off next.
AECOM requires that employees remain billable to clients as much as possible. If you aren't billable to a client, threats get made against your job. People are constantly getting let go because they had no billable work. Otherwise it is a great place to work. Great co-workers, management is patient and friendly, lots of ways to get involved in the community, – more... nice office atmosphere. – less
Cool
Building Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 18, 2014
I enjoy working for the company the issue is that there's know advancement.
Innovation and latitude to do my job
Capture Manager / Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worh, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility
AECOM is a capable company and a pleasure to work at. I was allowed latitude in completing my job duties. My thoughts and opinions were taken seriously.
Great job for entry level positions that offer valuable work experience.
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 16, 2014
Aecom does a great job seeking out young developing talent that can be nurtured into experienced professionals and helps it's people advance to higher positions. The work is straight forward but can be tedious and requires specific attention to detail, but at the end of the day you know that you accomplished something that connects to the bigger picture.
Horrible working environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 15, 2014
Accountants do not make good dinner guests. This fact asside the employees were; except for 2, terrible people.
Fast paced
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), AfganhistanApril 11, 2014
Fast paced with a heavy work load that required technical skills.
AISS, A-TEMP, Site Lead (Former Employee), kuwaitApril 9, 2014
12 Hours per day
I learned to find my way around Kabul city .
All co workers were from the USA
No leave for four month at a time
watching
Management work load and environment great plave to work.
Supply Tech Consultant / Buyer - Chambersburg (Former Employee), Chambersburg PaMarch 31, 2014
Cons: contracting jobs doesn't seem to last for a very long time no job security.
I enjoyed having a job that my expertise was used to there fullest.
I have trained and coached other co-workers,this allowed me to share different ides and coaching tools to other management leaders.

Contracting jobs doesn't seem to last for a very long time no job security.
great company to work for
Cultural Monitor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great pay great management
Cons: no long time employment
i would work long hours but it was worth it,I had great people working beside me
Well organized company, good management nice place to work.
Director of Quality (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2014
Enjoyed working with other engineering professionals on a major construction program.
Hard working co workers
Supply Technician Logistics (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
Coming from a military back ground this was easy to just step in a work well as a team.
AECOM is a place to grow and advance in a fast-paced, professional environment.
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2014
I was fortunate to begin my career in Recruiting/Human Resources working for this Fortune 500 company. In the Government Services sector I was consistently promoted to increasingly challenging positions. AECOM sent me all over the world in my tenure, providing startup, setup and training on Human Resources and Recruiting practices for government contracts. – more... I enjoyed being the "go-to" person for problem resolution, project management, guidance and mentoring of junior staff.

The past 5 years as Talent Acquisition Manager enabled me to implement Recruiting process improvements, become the Subject Matter Expert on implementation, training and compliance of Applicant Tracking Systems; specifically Kenexa Brass Ring. I oversaw and managed a consultant recruiting staff who were responsible for high-volume recruiting in the Middle East and South Asia - deploying approximately 2200 hires in 2013.

I thrive on making order out of chaos so this position was extremely rewarding to me.

I would recommend anyone to pursue AECOM as a potential employer - either in the Corporate Engineering environment or the Government Contracts sector. They offer competitive salary, great benefits, a solid work ethic and professional growth. – less
Maintain AH-64D with the U.S. Army
Maintenance Electronics Technician II (Former Employee), Bagram Air Force Base, AfghanistanMarch 18, 2014
Pros: descent pay
Cons: long hours in a combat zone
Conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Maintain helicopters avionics, armament, and electronic systems. Complete Battle Damage Repairs. Assist U.S. Army as required with tasks and modifications.
Proffesional company full of experianced people.
Interim Systems Test Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: other employees were a wealth of information and dependable
Cons: you are often secluded from the company
Review schedule, inspect and track work performed by contractor. I learned a great deal about train Control. Management was very supportive and responsive to all my requests and issues. I had only co-workers from other companies, not AECOM.
a good working environment to learn different skills, to help in life
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), ALBANY GAMarch 6, 2014
waking up every morning was a blessing know that i,m about to go to work with a team of people i love being around, in the process of learn new things also getting paid doing it. the upper management had its pros and cons never the-less things worked out, believe it or not the hardest part of my-job was leaving for that day i love working for the company.
Decent Company
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros - Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally
Cons - If you aren't a project manager you have little long term value to the company. Technical specialists are not valued my management.
Manager a control freak
Senior QA/QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: decient benifit package
Cons: large company, limited flexability
Working conditions were under the present manager were under duress.
The best Experience I've had
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2014
... because of its people and friendly environment I am still craving to go back any time. They do overwork you "unintentionally";)

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more