AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search
So fake
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2015
Look at the dates of all of these reviews.....so fake. They are simply trying to offset the horrible workplace that it is. This place has made several 'worst places to work" lists.

Stay away.
Positive and upbeat company
senior administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 13, 2015
My co-workers are a joy to work with. We are a team that looks out for each other and we have each other's back. My program manager gives me positive feedback about my work and encourages me to keep up the good work. AECOM is a fun place to work and the moral of the employees is very upbeat. To me it is the best place to work. I enjoy coming to work each day.
Pros
Fexibility in the work hours
A fun work place.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 12, 2015
Everybody I met were genuine, fun and energetic. Enjoyed my time there and would love to work with all of them again. Management was sincere and honest, if anybody has a chance to go to work there its a great place to work at.
Very productive at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Great team to work with. Got work done in timely manner and everyone I worked with were easy to get along with. Great boss and was always encouraging me. And he told me I'd make a great Document Control manager.
Very rewarding experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 12, 2015
Working at the Space Center is very interesting and rewarding. Duties vary from day to day and you will never get bored. The employees are very easy to get along with.
Enjoyed all of them. Learned something with each one, which is what I would like to get accomplished.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 11, 2015
Just sad that so many have lost their jobs because of Down Sizing.
Fun place to work. Had the chance to learn as I went to new areas of assignments. Given the chance to expand my knowledge.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
nothing for Cons
Not great job culture
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
It is an okay place to work, not great job culture. Bonus and compensation is not great either. Employee participation are limited.Overall not so great!
Great Place to Learn and Earn
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 10, 2015
The overall experience thus far has been very favorable and has allowed me to broaden my horizons through various experiences that I have learned and benefitted from greatly. The work environment was quite laid back, but deadlines were still very much important. The workload was never so over bearing that missing deadlines was severely in danger. I would love to be able to stay with this company, but at this time it doesn't appear as if that will be possible due to it being contract work for an outage.
Don't take work here! Negative People, no respect, bad pay!
receiving (Former Employee) –  Utah, Hill AFBNovember 5, 2015
I took this job thinking that it's a great place, how could it not be right it's work with the contract for DLA DoD contracts! DLA either doesn't care how there contract people are being treated, paid, and trained or they have no clue just how bad the management is to employees. No matter.. No raises, no time off, and gossip mill will leave you feeling less of a person and more of a nothing.
Pros
Cons
Don't take a job here
very productive work place
intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
everyone was kind and eager to help as well has seemingly happy at the workplace. learned a lot and made many connections, was invited back for the next summer.
Pros
huge company, a lot to learn
Cons
only an internship
No job security and Corporation doesn't care about it's employees
former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2015
Hired on for a project that went belly up after the economic crises of 2008. Their business model consists of hiring for "planned" work and then letting the employees go if the "planned" work doesn't come in.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security
contractors views
corporation, Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CANovember 2, 2015
not a bad place to work just the hours and the drive was bad and they wont tell you that your getting laid off until the last minute
Pros
freedom or work
Cons
managemment
Best job I ever had
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 2, 2015
This was a good place to work, Safety and communication was key to successful accomplishment of daily duties. the employees understood one another, everyone acted as a whole to get the job done.
Pros
Team building, good communication, safety
Cons
Laid off due to client shutting down the project
great place to work there are some issues with the way things are run on the management side
Lead (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 2, 2015
love the work we are tasked to do just wish there wasn't all the politics in the management side, procurement side of the company needs to be restructured or something.
Pros
great benefits and work inviroment
Cons
politics and procurment
Great team environment. I hear word they vary from office to office.
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 31, 2015
Super supportive colleagues and teams. Lots of great mentors walking around. Great working team. My team always managed to meet the dates we were asked to do.

Word of advice for newbies. Part of the learning process is to ask questions. Depending on who you ask, you may only get a partial answer. Another word of caution: there is plenty of challenge so COMMUNICATION IS ESSENTIAL. Also, PMs and PEs constantly ask teams to do a lot in a very short time period. The office itself has not been around for very long and it shows at times.

Great mix of different ages, genders, etc.all working together for a common goal. Lots of team building and out of work activities. This place can easily begin to feel like a home if you let it.
Pros
Lots of free lunches. Great work life balance.
Interesting places to work. Always learn something new. Meet new people on most every project
Chief Inspector for URS / Exco dehy site (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2015
Job satisfaction with supportive management and engineering.

Co workers are willing to comply with the tougher parts of the job

Hardest part of the job is terminating a contractor

Most enjoyable part is the fantastic final completion of a project where the client and contractor have a win win accomplishment with all pertinent documents in place.
Pros
Productive meetings with lunch
Cons
HEALTH CARE
Love working here
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 27, 2015
Very welcoming and open to new employees. Make you feel right at home. Office engineer encourage questions and give you tasks to feel important and part of the team.
Loved the job.
PMB Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 26, 2015
A steady flow of work. Government setting is all about safety and quality. Our management was excellent. Loved working with my colleagues and learning new jobs.
Pros
Awarded incentives based on peformance
Cons
Occasional lack of work
site lead. Middle east
Field Engineer Automotive Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2015
The AECOM engineer side is great, but these contracts in the middle east are terrible far as management goes. Lots of racism. Buddy buddy system. No oversight from main company. People in positions that are so under qualified.
URS was bought out by AECOM
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 16, 2015
URS was a great company to work for, supportive leadership good pay, had plenty of hours in the field, until work dried up.
Cons
Lack of work