AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,644 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Designer, Layout, Detailed Electrical Components (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
Great Company Electrical Dept. Checking, Designer, Layout, Detailed Electrical Components. AutoCad 06, MicroStation Rels. 7, 8, PDS Electrical 2D and 3D and Smart Plant 2D and 3D.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
N/a
What I have learned
Manager, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 15, 2017
At URS/AECOM, I was given independence to chart out the projects that needed special attention and draw out the audit program. This required meetings with top executives and performing risk assessments to ascertain which project or process required scrutiny.

The training in specialized fields such as FAR, CAS and SOX is significant and encouraged.

I was in charge of the division that dealt with DoD contracts with federal government. There were interesting projects like Kennedy Space Center etc.
Pros
Leadership and professional Conferences
Cons
Participated and conducted Workshops
Willing to work with you
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 14, 2017
They will work with you for Family matters . The floor supervisors are all pretty good , but the area managers bend the truth to fit there needs . The pay isn't to bad either.
Leadership Fail
Program Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 13, 2017
When true leaders are missing from the workplace the organizational culture is one of no accountability and loss of pride in the workplace. If you want to come to work and punch a clock without regard for process improvement, AECOM is for you.
Great place to gain industry experience
Geologist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 13, 2017
I have worked here for 3 years and it has been a great learning experience. Upper management can be more focused on business metrics than employees. Benefits have become worse from year to year.
Not much opportunity for growth.
Senior Air Quality Emissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 12, 2017
Not much opportunity for growth. AECOM is not investing in growth and hiring new employees is always an uphill battle. Not being able to hire and train new employees limits my opportunities to advance.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 12, 2017
Great company, with a diverse environment and a lot of extremely talented and trusted group of people to work with. A typical day at work would be greeting everybody, answering busy phones providing information setting up meetings, calling and arranging for meals and other office events. The best part of my day would be at 5:30 pm.
Pros
Always meeting caring people and having wonderful company parties.
Cons
Long working hours.
Its a job shop.
Process/Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 10, 2017
My immediate managers are great. The company, not so much. Short term perspective on only the job at hand by upper management. Completely disinterested in training staff for the future.
Pros
Compensation.
Cons
Job security is absent, even for high performers.
Senior Project Manager/Assistant Site Director (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 7, 2017
Management is swift in making executive decisions and prefers micro-managing.
Very little empowerment and opportunities for advancement or control of your own work
Engineer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2017
Corporation that is more interested in bottom line profit than their people.

Pros:
Work/Life balance is positive as the 9/80 work schedule is implemented.
Ability to work with a variety of industries.
Ability to work face to face with the client.
Amicable employees

Cons:
Management tends to stick with the "good ol' boys" instead of qualified individuals.
Impossible to rise from within the company at this office.
Poor performers and great performers are treated the same, so no incentive to give 100%.
Great productive work environment
Private Contractor Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 7, 2017
Great hours, competitive, enjoy the work I was and am a part of. Co-workers are friendly and are always happy to help when in need. Great company to work for.
Large Company
Civil-Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2017
AECOM is a very large company that has a strong presence in a variety of fields. With such a large field, one has access to ample opportunities within the company.
Amazing co-workers
Aviation Ordnanceman (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2017
Working hand in hand with young sailors and other civilians is a joy, it's a pleasure learning for both sides of the spectrum. The time spent together is great, but there are other things that could be improved.
Pros
Various knowledge, great working relationship
Cons
Management is not in tune with the workers
Express Operator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 5, 2017
Great company with positions all across the world. The workplace is an active environment. I have learned how to manage stressful situations while handling multiple things at once. Management is very helpful in assisting us mange work and our personal life.
Non cohesive and stressful workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Adelphi, MDJune 5, 2017
Unrealistic expectations and quotas placed by upper management. Leaders do not stand up for their teams and like pitting coworkers against each other.
Pros
healthcare
Senior Incident Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 3, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Unfortunately the contract ended and so did my job. They did make every effort in assisting me with procuring another position within the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Contract position
Urs/aecom a place to grow
Senior PM / Project Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
AECOM was a breath of fresh air to me.

I was coupled with a Senior Project Engineer. Mario, he was my boss and also my friend... his goal as a supervisor was to make sure you were always learning as your were working and I really started to use tools that I had learned.

AECOM, in the three years I was there I became friends with the different groups and I was exposed to a diversity of disciplines. I grew as a person, but most importantly I grew as a professional.
Pros
Great People, Good Supervisors
Cons
They need to be more competitive with pay.
Rite Aid has problems
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD 21001June 2, 2017
AECOM is a third party contractor for Rite Aid, We handled all of the maintenance of equipment and facility. Worked on a contract bases. AECOM does an excellent jobs for all of Rite Aid demands with a work force of forty-six that covers a twenty-four day. The work force is a will trained team of experience personal. I was reduced out because of Rite Aid cost reduce requirement toward personal and dollar reduction.
really good
SAMS-E OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  BagrāmMay 31, 2017
nice place to work. people are nice, good pay, could have better housing. enjoyed working for the company. would recommend this to others. Learned many new things.
all about who you know
worker (Former Employee) –  Olmsted, ILMay 30, 2017
Workdays are typically 10 hour days, they usually go by fast because there is enough going on to stay busy. Its all about who you know with this company when it comes to promotions. You can be the most unqualified for that job but they will keep in that position despite lack of job qualifications. Management doesn't hold their people to any kind of standard when it comes to tardiness and telling the truth. There is no real job security when it comes to working a contract job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
good ole boys club, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.