AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,508 reviews matching the search
What I learned
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 24, 2017
I had a wonderful boss and he was very supportive of my job and position.I introduced Smartsheets program into the company and it has been well recieved
Challenging and Productive place to work
Sr Enterprise Application Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work.
Learned a lot of new challenging skill sets,
Business teams are always on top of their systems.
Great team players and leaders across the company
Pros
Great Benefits
Ok
Civil/Structural Designer, January (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2017
I dont know if aecom knew what to do with the division I was part of. Any review would be more of the company URS than aecom as there was virtually no change in work environment after the switch.
Ineresting place to work.
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 22, 2017
The job I do is very interesting on a day to day basis. However trying to advance within the company is difficult. It is a challenging job, the days seem to go by fast. Everyday is a new challenge.
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
Hard to advance
productive
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2017
. work with many expert colleagues
. great work place culture
. really good mangers
. Develop design and construction documents for projects with multi-discipline teams of architects, engineers and consultants for public and private clients
. Oversee the work of less experienced architects and designers and be responsible for determining technical objectives of project assignments in conjunction with project
Pros
free training
Cons
short break
I love working with this company
SAMSE CLERK (Current Employee) –  BAGRAM, AFJanuary 21, 2017
Ive been here for 9 months and it has been great. Yes we work a lot of hours but its worth it. You get to meet new people from all over and get to travel.
Great work environment, always given oppurtunities to learn.
Logistics Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFJanuary 21, 2017
Being with AECOM is like being with family. The atmosphere is full of positive energy, great vibes and motivating people. Management is always encouraging employees to take advance with certs and or school.
Pros
Defac Food Provided, Laundry Provided and Living Provided
Cons
No Company Vehicles given out
Not a bad place to work
Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2017
AECOM Denver is a huge office- approximately 1400 employees across several business lines. They have a true flex schedule which is great on snowy days.
Just OK
Subcontract Mgmt (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
All the Executive Management compensation packages do not provide incentive to look after the well being of the people of the company. The corporate culture is not well maintained given all the acquisitions of companies that make up AECOM.
Large company
Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 19, 2017
After acquiring URS, AECOM doubled its employees base to nearly 100k. After a few years of helping bring together several purchased companies and consolidate 50+ domains, AECOM has moved toward outsourcing their IT department to IBM. Aside from this eminent job loss, I enjoyed working with my colleagues and will greatly miss them after moving on. Working from home was a blessing that I'll surely miss, and having a great breadth of technologies to learn and decipher will be something I look for in future.
Pros
Telecommuting, decent salary, flexible schedule, HSA matching
Cons
401(k) match only .50/1.00, outsourcing to save money, office politics
Poor Experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 18, 2017
This is not a very employee friendly company! As a first time contractor working for them I was quite disappointed in the business ethics of this company. If you have other offers....go with them! I did like the organization that I was working at, just wished it was through another company!
No room for advancement
Light Truck Driver, Transportation, FMS (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJanuary 18, 2017
AECOM was a fine place to work. I only have a few complaints, there was really no room for advancement. No raises unless you got a new position. Management and workforce communication were lacking.

Other than those few things, the day to day work life was great. I really enjoyed working closely with the Air Force personnel. Doing logistics was both challenging and rewarding.
Good Experience
Sr. CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2017
Had good opportunity to grow and learn more about the people and clients. The pay was great. Most employees were easy to work and worked on many interesting projects.
Pros
Training with free lunches
Cons
Dried up budget from Engineers charging excessive overhead.
Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon (Canada) & New York CityJanuary 13, 2017
Aecom is a global engineering, design, construction management company with several business lines including Water, Infrastructure, Energy among others. Aecom is consistently included in the Top 500 Design Firms.
Pros
Lots of projects in the US
Cons
Short breaks
I had a great job.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2017
Loved my job. I had a great supervisor and wonderful people to work with. I made close friends that will be in my life forever.
It was a job that I was good at and loved doing.
Pros
As an added benefit, there was a massage therapist who came in once a month.
Cons
Not knowing if I would get enough hours.
Productive/fast paced place to work
Customer Service Rep/ General Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
The culture of the company is great and I enjoyed working with everyone. The biggest and only issue I had is that there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Learned to use different shipping methods when handlng military material, gained more experience using Microsoft office
Cons
Short Lunches
Don't expect to advance with this Company!
Aircraft Worker (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAJanuary 12, 2017
The pay is good but they misrepresent the opportunities to get you in the door and then lie consistently when you ask about advancement!
Project driven people persons
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2017
My cohorts and managers are all serious people, however they are all extremely approachable. I never had a problem communicating concerns or issues to project managers. It made my time at various projects nearly stress free.
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Cons
Short term projects
Contrators at Army facility
QA Specialist /HSE Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work consists of conducting daily job walks/inspections. Meeting with safety team at army facility, commander safety inspections, training for new hires, ISO Training, accident investigations, data entry, workers compensation documentation, medical care, working in various areas with employees, shift changes, supervision to specific crews as assigned. Safety meetings

What I learned was working on a military base as a contractor and working within the required regulations.

Management changed hands while I was employed so as changes were made, everyone worked together to make those changes easier.

Co-workers were helpful and supported one another

The hardest part of the job was the employees had two different rules; government had their rules for their employees and the contractor had other rules. Although employees worked side by side, the rules were not the same.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the Army safety team.
Pros
Employees had an opportunity to be hired by the Army
Cons
Working under a contract does not secure positions so short term employment could result
Continued service with pride and professionalism
Line Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Work was great as with team leadership and subject matter experts! A great place to continue on with expert level personnel.