AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

The best Experience I've had
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2014
... because of its people and friendly environment I am still craving to go back any time. They do overwork you "unintentionally";)
Management needs to be restructured from the top
Safety Health Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 19, 2014
The people who work for AECOM on a lower level are GREAT!!! But beware of the dysfunction that is noticeable at the Program Management level because they're suppose to run the program.
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Good place to work. Large engineering and architecture firm.
Great Learning Experience
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Had a lot of fun. Great co-workers. Great Management. Overall, result and goal driven environment.
Professional technical & management support services
Team Lead Site Support and Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Support Services provided to a broad range of markets including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
Productive workplace, and great employees and Management.
Logistics/ Material Handler (Current Employee), Springfield VaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete all assigned task.
Typical day at work, starts off with mail deliveries, then the collection of materials to be disposed of. Then assignments are given for certain task around the building. The hardest part of the job, is completion of all task assigned. The most enjoyable part is there is no stress, and the environment is relaxing.
Sucessful, dynamic company with beautiful offices in downtown Denver
PROJECT/BILLING ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful office, great people, and great benefits, pays for bus and light rail pass
Cons: downtown denver location - long commute, company doesn't pay for parking as an option for long communte on light rail
I enjoyed working for AECOM, and would love to work for them again in the future.
Their Denver office is located in a beautiful building in the heart of downtown Denver, just one block off the 16th Street Mall. Therefore, there are lots of places to go shopping and out to lunch.
The company pays for bus and light rail, however they don't pay for parking. – more... There are many convenient parking garages that are close to the office if you would choose to drive. I live in the Parker area, therefore the commute was a long one each day when taking the light rail. My position as a Project Accountant was a very busy one which required several hours of overtime each week, therefore the long commute was exhausting and was what caused me to leave AECOM.
The people at AECOM were among the most caring and friendly that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Management was always very friendly and fair, and I never felt that they thought they were above me and didn't treat me with great respect.
I will always be grateful for the experience that I gained at AECOM. Because my job was so busy, I learned valuable lessons in time management and efficiency. I always felt that management, my project managers, and coworkers truly valued and appreciated my I hard work and dedication.
I would highly recommend AECOM to anyone seeking employment with an overall great company. – less
Good team but no room or $ for advancement
Loading Dock Lead Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 4, 2014
I have worked for this company for the last 4 years both overseas and stateside. I have received exactly 1 raise of .50 per hour despite various awards due to performance. I currently commute approximately 4 hours per day to this job and it seems time to find something to make the hours away from family worthwhile.
hourly work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 3, 2014
An enjoyable placed to work with great team leaders and supervisor,
Good Job, bad upper management
Regional Marketing Proposal Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Palm City, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: worked from home part time
Cons: layoffs
everything was great... but the lay people off every quarter
Have no complants.
Mason Tender/Mason (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: should have been given an opportunity to move some place else in the company.
Was a good company to work for. I would work for them again. Would liked the opportunity to to work some place else inside the company besides the defense contract part.
Enjoyable work environment
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Okc., Ok.January 26, 2014
A diverse work environment between active duty, civil service, and contractors. Equal opportunity company. Management is thorough in the training process and willing to assist with the needs of the employees. Co-workers maintain a positive outlook and care about achieving a high rank in production. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to – more... go to work everyday with a group of people that cared about the aviation just as much as I do. – less
Pleasant workplace.
Civil Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2014
Worked with good people. Comfortable work environment. Learned a lot about bridge and tunnel inspections. Got lots of experience with AutoCAD, and exposure to construction plans.
Employment type
Flight Line Trouble Shooter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Good front line manager supervision. Excellent communication
a good company and overall good company to work for
Candidate Management (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2014
a typical work day is exciting,always ready for work. Helpful co-workers and manangers are always willing to give a helping hand.
Good people to work for
CADD/GIS Professional (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: work long hours and weekends to get projects done
I worked for 21 years and every time we got bought out our benefits and expectations changed. AECOM is solely based on utilization
rate which does not promote team building or mentoring.
Good place to be
Declassification Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 3, 2014
I have enjoyed my time with AECOM. Big company but you do not feel like just another employee.
Cutting edge technology in engineering practices
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work included revising drawing specifications. I learned that documentation in crucial in project management. Management was keen on improving technology. My co-workers were very knowledgeable.
Solar Energy
Solar PV CADD Drafter II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2013
Pros: nice place to work and a lot experiment in all feild
Learn about solar farm and large solar site their is a very large company and the cover a lot of field form Civil to Transportation
Mange calendars of ManagementTeam
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 20, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: constant questionable employment under contract negotiations
Organized and maintained all aspects of travel arrangements
Ordered, activated, and distribute all types of communication devices for First Responder personnel.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more