AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 1,491 reviews matching the search
Great place with great mentorship
Civil Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 23, 2016
Great work place, friendly environment and a great place to gain experience and network. Great mentoring in a recognized engineering consulting firm.
There is nothing good about this organization
Peon (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityDecember 22, 2016
The management has taken this facility to an all time low. The management is incompetent and doesn't care about the employees that do the work. If you are thinking about applying for a job at this facility, do yourself a favor and don't do it. Look elsewhere. You will be miserable.

This has been by far the worst group of people to work for, including management, upper management and human resources. No one is on your side, so fend for yourself get out before they completely destroy what's left of this facility.
Pros
Still getting a paycheck, although they've cut our hours
Cons
Cut in pay, reduction of benefits, hostile work environment
decent place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 21, 2016
The pay was great, the job wasn't difficult. The day shift hours were nice to work. I really enjoyed operating the stand up fork lift.
great place to work if you like taking on challenges to invent and overcome obstacles
Engineering Technician V (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 20, 2016
every day is challenging to preform R&D experiments, it is a constant learning atmosphere . always room for improvements in technology,instrumentation and operational protocols. management implements safety training, workers help each other.
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 20, 2016
Everyday is a busy day as Project Accountant at AECOM. I enjoy my teammates/coworkers and the team that I support. The hardest part about the job is the work life balance. Besides that everything was great
Aecom cuba
Alt. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MODecember 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time in GITMO working for AECOM, the work and projects were good, demanding of time and effort but rewarding all the same, I only worked with them for 10 months and completed the main project that I was hired for before taking a new position with Parsons.
Pros
Location, Vacation
Cons
For my position, pay, hours of work and days off for location.
Fast paced but fun team work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 17, 2016
Contract work for government. More organized then last ownership. Sometimes you do not know who your direct boss is but feedback is great.
Benefits
Cons
leadership changes to much
Great work environment with reasonable accommodations
Electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 14, 2016
The environment was excellent to learn in. Many experienced and professional workers. Learned a great deal on lighting and PDC's. As well as more on switch-gears and underground.
Pros
Provided tools.
Cons
None.
Very Passive Agressive
Communications Electronics Tech IV Lead UASOCS (Former Employee) –  DEDecember 12, 2016
Company was overly passive aggressive and you never knew where you stood. Policies and procedures all seem aligned to be able to remove someone for even the slightest infraction, like another employee was upset with you one day, they could just get rid of you. Most of the HR processes were around ensuring that the employee knew how easy it would be to get rid of them. Had HR yelling at new employees because they did not complete paperwork that was not sent to the employee. At least for the management team that supports operations in Germany, I would avoid this team and location.
Pros
Get you in the door quickly
Cons
HR processes and understanding lacking, Overly passive aggressive, constantly reminded of ease of removal
Cold Corporation
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2016
Big corporation with the corporate view of work. Employees are just another number. An average workplace with flexible hours. Biggest benefit is the ability to have flexible work hours.
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
This division of AECOM was a fun place to work over a 5 year period.
The hardest part of the job was the transition of accounting systems both here and with the accounting group in India. There were many long days and nights with the implantation, but those issues gradually reduced as the learning curve also reduced.
Great People
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 5, 2016
I was always busy helping any department I could. I learned a lot of new skills at this office and I have a great time developing a wellness program for the office.
Pros
stable and friendly
Cons
compensation for amount of tasks taken on
Great team colaboration
Independent Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
The team I was part of was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. They are dedicated to completing their goals.
I was fortunate to travel and work with a great team. They each support one another.
Expect to work long hours including some weekends if need be. Reason being, they are a global group and it is expected that you provided support to end users (internal customers). This makes for a difficult work life balance, but management has made significant strides on making changes that benefit the team.
Pros
Great team collaboration
Cons
NA
Excellent Laboratory Position and company to work for
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 30, 2016
My day consisted of various laboratory tasks as assigned to include work with an AA machine, wastewater BODs, and oil and grease assessment of samples. I was also tasked with maintaining inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
Good company and people, needs direction from management
Document Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
Good company and people,nice atmosphere, flexible on start and end times. There are many online training platforms, just need more practical application and direction for the long term. Benefits are decent, just raised rates.
Full of Bull
Automotive Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LA 71459November 20, 2016
I worked for AECOM twice. When they found out they were losing the contract they force the people who had insurance to take their insurance and it was high. The second time they came in with their gonna make things better bull and they allowed the wrong things to still happen.
Cons
nice place to work nice environment
Accounting Payable Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 18, 2016
Regular work day was great, learned how to navigate oracle system, managers easy to work with. nothing hard to learn at AECOM, just coming to work was the enjoyable part and talking to co-workers.
Pros
easy parking great location.
Cons
no cons
Benefits are entirely too expensive.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere with friendly,professional, and safe teammates. Typical work day is an eight hour day with expected PM procedures, and few trouble calls. Great opportunity for advancement within the company as long the individual is willing to relocate. Training is always available.
average benenfits
Mechanical Process Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2016
Tried to do the best I could with little training. Management was puppet to the host company and would throw us under the bus to make themselves look better.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
bad supervisor and management
No advancement
Utility Cleaner (LEAD) (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 14, 2016
Ive been with the company for eight years and overall they are a great company but there is no advancement within the company. Management needs to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval