AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
Something interesting everyday.
Quality Control/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day begins at 0430 with the reviewing, answering and clearing of the of the previous days email traffic. Next would be the morning safety briefing to the crew. There was always something new to be learned depending on whatever was happening. I learned to be patient and tolerant of other individuals. Management allowed us to do our job with very to little micro-management. My immediate coworkers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the position was the two commute one way, and most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that everyone else went home safe and sound.
Good Job, Poor Leadership
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Most satisfying was doing the job that I learned to do when I first joined the Navy, No advancement, Beware of the instructor pilots who think they are God- once one of them blackballs you, you are finished;
Warehouse Specialist, Forklift Operator, & Swing (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045July 17, 2016
Everything organize and communication is number one key to company. Great company to work for i wouldn't mind returning back to them if they ever requested me back.
Very much enjoyed my work
Piping Designer I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2016
IT was a good place to work. I enjoyed what I did and always felt proud with completed assignments.

IT was very fast paced so getting breaks to learn and advance were hard to find unless done during off time.

management in the office was good, but at a corporate level it was typical

A few good co-workers

All the meetings for team building were a distraction

They would provide lunch on quite a few occasions
Productive and Professional
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 19, 2016
Came in and stocked the kitchens on my floor, made sure each meeting room was clean, answered and transferred phone calls, scheduled meetings for business partners, distributed mail, filed and organized file including invoices and greeted and escorted visitors.

I learned many things including how to record invoices, use microsoft outlook to its full potential, helped sharpen my multitasking skills and how to work well under pressure.'

My coworkers were very nice and helped me with anything I needed.

Hardest part would have been dealing with difficult visitors or business partners at times.

Most enjoyable part is all the free food you would get after cleaning up the meetings since most request food orders.
Management is lacking respect for there employees. Benefits are way to costly
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 21, 2016
Seems like there is double standards between management and technicians .still in startup condition and has 3 joint companies
Productive workplace
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 15, 2016
Nice place to work.
project management oriented
high level of opportunity for engineers
Relatively possible to meet goals
co-workers are unpredictible
Pros
flex time
Cons
limited on advancement
Aecom
Project Lead and Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
The work environment was good and the people were fun to work with. Sometimes work came in piecemeal and the servers were overloaded which cause slowdowns. The compensation seemed low and raises when received were small.
Pros
New building that was well equipped
Cons
Too many chiefs.
Would not recommend working for this company.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 8, 2016
Company makes decisions without thought to the outcome; good, bad or indifferent. Poor leadership. The most enjoyable part of working for this company is the co-workers. Everyone got along great and team work was always a plus.
Pros
Flex hours, great co-workers
Cons
Bad Management, lack of communication
Overall not a bad place to work
UH-60/ CH-47/ AH-64 Technical Inspector/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 8, 2016
This has been one of those jobs where I don't hate coming to work every day, but I feel a little stagnant. I also feel the company could do better with selecting mid level management. But I really can't complain. The only thing that I really don't like is a few of my co-workers but that's not a fault of the company and you're going to get those no matter where you go. If I could transfer to the location that I would like to I would actually prefer to stay with this company rather than seek out other opportunities.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Not a lot of room to move up
Safety was at the fore-front.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 12, 2016
Good Company but work not long term, however management wasn't the best. There was also a lot of the buddy system going on and unqualified people often got certain jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short term job.
Amazing Work Environment
Plane Captain (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAFebruary 14, 2016
Stepping out onto the flight line, no matter the weather, is by far the best part of this job. Seeing the mountains on clear day and the Pugent sound less than a mile away really boosts the mood. Despite the overcast most days, the company does amazing at keeping up spirits and ensuring we feel cared about.
hey
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
its ok just alot of calls but overall every job is what u make it
• Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls
• Generate sales leads
• Researches and resolves customer issues.
• Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfactions
• Follow-up correspondences via fax, mail, and email
• Performs data entry.
poor managent
Materials Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2016
the job was ok the atmosphere was bad from top to bottom. poor management and a good o boy click that not going to change!
Don't waste your time.
You have people there that been in positions way to long and they need to change, and its not going to.
Pros
you will be doing all of the work while others are smoking, sleeping, eating and leaving but still getting there 40 hrs .
Cons
Benifits not very good
Environmental Services Team Leader/ H&S Rep (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2016
Enjoy my team working there, Time for a change and broaden my horizons. Management is important. Traveling is probably the hardest part of my job.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Corporation feel
A good place to work if you are an established engineer
Construction Administrator/Human Resource Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
Great place to work. Met a lot of great people here. As far as advancement, this really isn't a good place unless you know people who can get you there.
I was the top driver and they change the contract and change my pay from 20.85 to 14.04 hrly
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136April 19, 2016
They were confused, but good employee. the best part was the weekend off. benefits was O K but not the best. than they change it taking away the annual leaves.
Disorganized
Sr. Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 24, 2016
Help desk for users world wide.
Learned much about Microsoft AD and Exchange server administration.
Management was good but disorganized, due to multiple large corporate acquisitions.
its a good working environment
RF Drive Tester (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 23, 2016
Always busy at work and there is also a good management,you learned each day at this job and very friendly co-workers.we work as a team and we always get a good result.
Friendly Management
Avionics Technician III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2016
Great deployment staff providing unparalleled support and assistance. Comfortable work atmosphere within the field management offices. Perfect location near the airport for travel to customer sites.
Pros
Management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.