AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

Job was fine, but lack of experience in supervisors and very unorganized management.
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee), FOB Shank, AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
Typical day of work was 13 hour shifts with unpaid hour of lunch. Mostly phase maintenance with unscheduled maintenance from time to time. Management would change frequently, so rules and the general way things were ran changed a lot, making an already stressful combat situation more of a pain. Co-workers were 50-50, some were good hard workers and – more... some were alright with doing as little as possible. I would say inexperience was a major problem. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management changes every few months. The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that because of us the Army was able to take the fight to the enemy. – less
Great Learning Experience
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Had a lot of fun. Great co-workers. Great Management. Overall, result and goal driven environment.
The company provides professional work environment, where an employee can show his/her creativity
Resource Development Manager (Current Employee), Kabul AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
I work 5 days a week 8 hours per day. I learned more about organizational culture in diversity. I learn how to work with people from other countries.
I was hired as senior officer but when i shown my ability and potential, the company rewarded me with a good promotion. I was promoted to a manager position.
My co-workers are all professional people they – more... all practive good organizational ethics.
The hardest part of the job is that beside my office colleagues I use to manage more than 70 people in remote areas where i even cant travel, but fortunately i have been able to manage them in a good why where they all produce good results.

The most enjoyable time in my work is when i present my successes to the senior management. – less
Not bad
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), SalernoFebruary 10, 2014
Fun and exciting work with the military. The benefits are great.
Professional technical & management support services
Team Lead Site Support and Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Support Services provided to a broad range of markets including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
chemistry was awesome just lacked communication between management and workers
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), PARFebruary 10, 2014
overall good company to work for. Had its ups and downs like any other government contracting company overseas.
Productive workplace, and great employees and Management.
Logistics/ Material Handler (Current Employee), Springfield VaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete all assigned task.
Typical day at work, starts off with mail deliveries, then the collection of materials to be disposed of. Then assignments are given for certain task around the building. The hardest part of the job, is completion of all task assigned. The most enjoyable part is there is no stress, and the environment is relaxing.
Good company
O&M Electrician (Former Employee), AfghanistanFebruary 5, 2014
This company pays well and leaves some room for you to grow with them. In my line of work, there isn't really much room for that unless you possess the gift of gab. I'm a doer not a talker.
Sucessful, dynamic company with beautiful offices in downtown Denver
PROJECT/BILLING ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful office, great people, and great benefits, pays for bus and light rail pass
Cons: downtown denver location - long commute, company doesn't pay for parking as an option for long communte on light rail
I enjoyed working for AECOM, and would love to work for them again in the future.
Their Denver office is located in a beautiful building in the heart of downtown Denver, just one block off the 16th Street Mall. Therefore, there are lots of places to go shopping and out to lunch.
The company pays for bus and light rail, however they don't pay for parking. – more... There are many convenient parking garages that are close to the office if you would choose to drive. I live in the Parker area, therefore the commute was a long one each day when taking the light rail. My position as a Project Accountant was a very busy one which required several hours of overtime each week, therefore the long commute was exhausting and was what caused me to leave AECOM.
The people at AECOM were among the most caring and friendly that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Management was always very friendly and fair, and I never felt that they thought they were above me and didn't treat me with great respect.
I will always be grateful for the experience that I gained at AECOM. Because my job was so busy, I learned valuable lessons in time management and efficiency. I always felt that management, my project managers, and coworkers truly valued and appreciated my I hard work and dedication.
I would highly recommend AECOM to anyone seeking employment with an overall great company. – less
Good team but no room or $ for advancement
Loading Dock Lead Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 4, 2014
I have worked for this company for the last 4 years both overseas and stateside. I have received exactly 1 raise of .50 per hour despite various awards due to performance. I currently commute approximately 4 hours per day to this job and it seems time to find something to make the hours away from family worthwhile.
hourly work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 3, 2014
An enjoyable placed to work with great team leaders and supervisor,
fun workplace with fun colleagues and a relaxing environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Hong KongFebruary 3, 2014
I learn a lot from the overview of a corporate marketing communications department. It always helps in building up the company image and holding events for clients and CEOs.
I have helped in holding some corporate exchange camps for the engineers and clients from AECOM. We prepared a lot and needed to set a full schedule for every tiny thing. This is – more... challenging but I love this preparation work. This is hard since I needed to finish this in a few days and the time was running out. Everything was not confirmed until the days before, that's why I needed to finish all these within a short time. However after all these I enjoyed the big success of the camps and all the clapping which told me that the camp was a huge success and all the people felt this was a great camp. It is always the best for creating something from zero and the attendants satisfy the whole event. – less
Good Job, bad upper management
Regional Marketing Proposal Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Palm City, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: worked from home part time
Cons: layoffs
everything was great... but the lay people off every quarter
Have no complants.
Mason Tender/Mason (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: should have been given an opportunity to move some place else in the company.
Was a good company to work for. I would work for them again. Would liked the opportunity to to work some place else inside the company besides the defense contract part.
Productive and fast paced environment
Cad Technician III (Current Employee), SingaporeJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: football tournaments, free breakfast, overtime pay, staff discounts
Cons: strict lunch break time
Taught me to become more independent and responsible in handling projects. Improved my engineering and drafting skills. colleagues are helpful in anyway they can. Submission would always be the hardest days wherein the drafter is responsible not only on drawing preparations but also document control, and transmittal.
I am enjoying learning new things – more... and modelling different object families for the project. – less
Enjoyable work environment
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Okc., Ok.January 26, 2014
A diverse work environment between active duty, civil service, and contractors. Equal opportunity company. Management is thorough in the training process and willing to assist with the needs of the employees. Co-workers maintain a positive outlook and care about achieving a high rank in production. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to – more... go to work everyday with a group of people that cared about the aviation just as much as I do. – less
Pleasant workplace.
Civil Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2014
Worked with good people. Comfortable work environment. Learned a lot about bridge and tunnel inspections. Got lots of experience with AutoCAD, and exposure to construction plans.
Great people and a great place to work
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), kabul afghanistanJanuary 25, 2014
The oppurtunity to work with a great bunch of people.Lots of team work.
Employment type
Flight Line Trouble Shooter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Good front line manager supervision. Excellent communication
a good company and overall good company to work for
Candidate Management (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2014
a typical work day is exciting,always ready for work. Helpful co-workers and manangers are always willing to give a helping hand.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more