AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,279 reviews matching the search
Productive and Professional Workplace
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 1, 2016
AECOM provided me the chance to learn and grow in my IT career. The team I worked with was amazing and we got along really well.
Great Collections Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Great collections company, with good benefits, but a quite stress full work environment, nice cafeteria, close to uptown Houston, parks and Malls
only words
Employee Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  CAJune 26, 2015
At first I was excited to work for a firm that claims it was making a difference in the world, that soon wore off. for AECOM its all about the money.

I've worked for some large corporations in the past, but never anything like this. AECOM has some real problems and now that they've merged with URS, trouble is on the way.

I would not recommend this company to anybody with a family. If you work here, make sure your children have a recent photo of you otherwise they may forget what you look like.

Overall, AECOM claims to have a strong "work life balance" but in the end, these are merely words on a website...and nothing more.

AECOM will soon tumble....and as the old saying goes, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".
Pros
$100 towards parking or transit
Cons
poor benefits and lack of work life balance
Challenging job within Chemical Demil
Control Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work is finding out what testing and maintenance is scheduled for the day. Then assigning personnel to those tasks to ensure success. I learn something new everyday. It may be the way a system control works or a new procedure that has been developed. The hardest part of my job is working with other companies that are part of the project. I enjoy working with others on new processes and procedures.
serious place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 19, 2016
good place to work. whit opportunity to grow,and the management understand your concerns.safe place to work. I come back if they call me.
Wipp site
Environmental Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 26, 2016
The work days are long and slow, it is a good place to start a career as you can get into the swing of things and learn. I wake up at 430, catch a bus and am at work at 630. I do not get back home until 5. A lot of interesting things to do for a couple years and then you will not learn anything else. Not a great place for advancement. It is very political. Remind you this is for the WIPP site. I have not worked at a AECOM facility.
slow paced and repetitive work
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 7, 2016
Not for everybody. Unable to deviate from spec installation. Good immediate supervision, Full benefits but expensive.
Productive and Professional
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 19, 2016
Came in and stocked the kitchens on my floor, made sure each meeting room was clean, answered and transferred phone calls, scheduled meetings for business partners, distributed mail, filed and organized file including invoices and greeted and escorted visitors.

I learned many things including how to record invoices, use microsoft outlook to its full potential, helped sharpen my multitasking skills and how to work well under pressure.'

My coworkers were very nice and helped me with anything I needed.

Hardest part would have been dealing with difficult visitors or business partners at times.

Most enjoyable part is all the free food you would get after cleaning up the meetings since most request food orders.
Not a good company. They're going downhill.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2016
AECOM is a pretty bad place to work. The project controls group is especially bad-JPB. In Denver, they don't have work and no one seems interested in finding any work. People sit around doing nothing, while charging overhead - if they are one of the 'favored' who can charge overhead. Managers definitely play favorites.
Pros
I can't think of one.
Cons
Management, Project Controls, new office set-up
Great company to work for.
Aircraft Servicer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 16, 2016
AECOM (URS)
Great company to work for. The job is based on team work. Everyone is very friendly and looks out for one another. Management is great, works well with employees to accomplish the mission at hand. Not much of the job is difficult because everyone comes from a good knowledgeable background. The most enjoyable is everyone being able to work together as a team.
Pros
great people
Good place to work.
Sr. Buyer III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVSeptember 4, 2015
To much micro management disturbed the team work of the employees. Kind of treated and spoken to as children when majority are 40+in age. Favoritism through out the local location, new employees placed in high level positions when the existing are most capable of being promoted etc.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent pay
Cons
Micro management and favoritism exists
Too Big
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 4, 2016
Huge company with a lot of bureaucracy. Very challenging to work for such a large public company. There are good people but the organization keeps changing. The recent URS purchase has created many challenges. With time it could get better if they are willing to bring in good managers.
good company just not a long term company to work for to many lay offs within a year they are not a stable company to work for if u you are a labor
HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 14, 2016
its a good company to work for there is no room to grow and communication is weak between employees and supervisors they will not warn you if lay offs are coming so u you could prepare more
Pros
great pay and good benifits
Cons
to many lay offs
A wonderful company to have spent my career with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 23, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my career experience with EG&G/URS/AECOM., I learned a lot and cannot say there was any hardest part to the job.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow. Career oriented.
Good Peers kept me going
WEAPONS MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2016
I worked for ACFIRST, AECOM. I think it was a great company. There is not much advancement opportunity. Experience means nothing, work ethic means nothing, its all about who you know.
Pros
Guns
Cons
Everything Else
Challenging and busy environment all around
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 30, 2015
Well, there was never a typical day at Radian International/URS Corporation. Every day was a new day with different duties depending on what was on agenda and in need of directive. While working for company I learned how to utilize software programs such as Paradox 7 database, Lotus Notes and Electronic Time Entry systems. Let's just say I learned administrative office skills. Management was a combination of great minds working all as one. As for my co-workers, I have no complaints there. We all worked together to make sure project worked out as smoothly as possible. The hardest part of the job was knowing the project would be completed within the given time and no longer be. The best part of the job was knowing I played a part in all of it and I learned so much from the rules and regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers. Not to mention it was the best job I ever had.
Pros
Great Benefits, challenging, room for advancement and company picnics.
Cons
It was a temporary position
bad compay plays politics with people only promotes people they like
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2016
horrible company no real leadership the leadership they do have don't know what they are doing. causing problems with employees
Pros
there are mo pros the company is about playing politics among employees.
Cons
bad game playing politis favortism to certain peoplle shown
Management Issues
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 3, 2015
A typical day at the office includes report writing, client and internal communications, conference calls, status meeting, and mentoring activities.

I gained many field sampling, reporting, and management skill.

The local management at my office is stuck in the 1950s. The management style is work above all...which is ok when your fresh out of school and need to get experience under your belt but not after a few years.

My co-worker are pretty good. It's a small office so there is some office drama.

The hardest part of the job is out of town travel. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills.
Pleasant and Fun Atmosphere
Project Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
I would run draft for invoices on Monday. Once returned by the Project Team, I would then make any changes required by the Project Manager and Finalize and Submit the invoice to the client. There was always something new to learn. My supervisor was extremely helpful and so were my co-workers. We went thru a huge migration and we all helped each other. I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was responsible for over 300 projects a month.
Pros
Various duties so you didn't get bored.
suppply tech
Material Expediter (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TxMay 3, 2016
I report to work #0615 am Monday Thru Thursday I order parts receive parts and I expedite them to there proper location. I also order parts form LMP and use several screens . I also keep an accurate inventory of what I ordered and keep a time frame of when to expect the material .I contact buyers to order the material just to name a few things that I do on a daily basics.