AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search
A good place to work if you are an established engineer
Construction Administrator/Human Resource Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
Great place to work. Met a lot of great people here. As far as advancement, this really isn't a good place unless you know people who can get you there.
I was the top driver and they change the contract and change my pay from 20.85 to 14.04 hrly
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136April 19, 2016
They were confused, but good employee. the best part was the weekend off. benefits was O K but not the best. than they change it taking away the annual leaves.
Professional Work Environment
Senior Configuration Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort George G Meade, MDApril 19, 2016
AECOM is a great place to work. The work can be challenging but when you work as a team and support one another, the outcome is success.
unable to rate
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 18, 2016
I prefer not to answer this as the last 4 years has been the worst I've ever gone through. To begin with the job was fun and I learned a lot. But 4 years ago, we became a service center with a new manager who changed the entire atmosphere of the office and our jobs. And then 2 years ago we went under a different division of the company and URS was bought by a company named AECOM and things just got worse. People were being laid-off until it got to my position and then 10 of us lost our jobs. In the last 4 years I went from 9% raises to 1% and 0%
Pros
none as of 4 years
Cons
horrible moral, under paid - I could go on but I don't want to
Great Customer Service Experience
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 14, 2016
A typical day at my current location consists of in processing and out processing Service Members of all military branches.
AECOM Employee
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 13, 2016
A top one priority for this company is safety. The people are great to work with. The environment is typically laid back. In the short time I have worked for them, they have been great to work for.
likes to cross trian. have lots of room to advance
Painter/ auto boby (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAApril 8, 2016
AECOM has given me an opportunity to train in different skill sets, which in turn has given me knowledge in many different areas.

It has also given me the confidence to try different techniques and accomplish tasks
Cons
cant ever get on line to deal with personal issues.
AECOM is a world wide company
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
AECOM has offices all over the country and overseas also. it was previously URS. I have been with them going on 8 years. I was transferred to the Anchorage office as the Electrical and I&C Design Manager. We built a great team there, unfortunately, with the price of oil, I had to put all my team on standby then I was put on standby.
No culture. Low morale. Appathetic management
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 7, 2016
Engineering staff is outstanding, though morale is low. Job security is nonexistent. No new contracts in the pipeline. No business development.
Cons
No security
Pruductive and important workplace on a Global scale
Maintenance Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 6, 2016
Very procedural compliant and focused, great working environment with good professional people. Outstanding and caring leadership team. Employee focused.
Pros
Can work any where in the world
Cons
no sick leave days offered
Growing Company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 6, 2016
Strong company, wonderful people to work with. Benefits are good always room for improvement.
Education is very important and this company sees a vision in growth and with growth they recognize training and education plays an important part. The company makes sure you have the necessary skills sets to achieve your goal and advance your career.

This company values their people by ensuring they have the tools to do their job well.
Good company
Lead Ordnance Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitApril 6, 2016
Worked there for a short time. We were fixing Army equipment that was coming back from over seas. Great work area. stand up bosses.
Too Big
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 4, 2016
Huge company with a lot of bureaucracy. Very challenging to work for such a large public company. There are good people but the organization keeps changing. The recent URS purchase has created many challenges. With time it could get better if they are willing to bring in good managers.
Productive and Professional Workplace
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 1, 2016
AECOM provided me the chance to learn and grow in my IT career. The team I worked with was amazing and we got along really well.
Was Hired as Part-Time, Then Was Forced to Moved to Sub or Eliminated
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
- Lots of CBTs upon hiring. (as required for account requests, etc)
- Waited months to be "cleared" in certain areas.
- Program Manager's latest actions after the contract recompete caused a massive turnover rate and over 10-20% paycuts. I went from 63k/yr hourly to 55k/yr salary. (Expects lots of under-manned/under-trained personnel in a few months)
- Employees are now salary and no more incentive pay. (Differential, Shift Lead pay, etc.)
- Training program is unorganized (Manuals, learn on the job, etc.)
- In the end, horrible pay for a TS/SCI clearance w/industry certification compared to a similar civilian job requirement of at least 70k/yr
Pros
Night Shift
Cons
No Growth/Long Wait To Be Cleared
last resort
Sheetmetal mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2016
Great company to work for employee first attitude, go to work do your job , go home , couldn't ask for more from anyone, very in touch with the employee
Friendly Management
Avionics Technician III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2016
Great deployment staff providing unparalleled support and assistance. Comfortable work atmosphere within the field management offices. Perfect location near the airport for travel to customer sites.
Pros
Management support
One of the worst places to work
Project Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2016
Beware of the billing department; poor training, if you can even call it that. Ultra high expectations and stress. All management seemed very stressed out. They closed their Denver office and brought over their manager who tries to make it a fun place but these major things can't be looked past. Management is not friendly or understanding. Unachievable goals especially as a new person. Don't see how you could advance in this position. Tense environment. Seems stressful to just take your PTO. Office is in need of an update, deary and depressing interior.
Pros
Occasional free food, parking lot isn't crowded
Cons
Difficult to take time off, poor training, ultra high stress
Merger is chaotic
Director,SPM (Current Employee) –  Denver, houstonMarch 23, 2016
No means to retain employees, no strategic plan just goals with out operational effective plan. Manger are hired outside the company with little knowledge and key performers are let go because each group does not know that the other group needs
Pros
large olume of work
Cons
mangement has no plan, and no direction and senior mangeers have little applicalbe expreince or capabilites
Great Contracting company
Integrated Electronics Technician Work Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 21, 2016
If you are in the contract field this is a great company to work for. The pay and family orientation made it a great place to work