AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

No leadership
Inspector Level 2 (Former Employee), Livingston, AlabamaDecember 12, 2013
Pros: none other then having a job
Cons: no leadership
There was no leadership in the company Birmingham office and no way to move up. I only received 1 pay raise of 1.25 the hole time I was working there I started at 7.75 a hour and they found out we was being paid under scale and they moved us up to 10.75 but did not reimburse us for back time. other then that I got to meet a lot of great people and learned – more... a lot from my old boss that passed away. – less
AECOM maintained aircraft for the U.S. Army in theater operations in Afghanistan
Armament Technician (Former Employee), Bagram AfghanistanDecember 10, 2013
Pros: the hangar was warm
Cons: promises and contractual obligations not kept
a typical day involved 13 hours of aircraft maintenance with my co-workers
MFO North Camp, Sinai, Egypt
Mechanic II (Current Employee), Sinai, EgyptDecember 9, 2013
Pros: easy going
Cons: benefits and my tools
Maintaining UH-60 for MFO, phase, unscheduled through flight line maintenance. Most tools and parts at this remote site. Management is in Fort Worth, very few responses for email as benefits and when will my tools arrive. Typical coworkers, everyone has their day, on the most part, one of the better crews I have worked with. No real hard work to this – more... site.. Ability to join tours of the Middle East and Europe.. – less
Poor leadership in the upper level management
Senior Atmospherics Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VADecember 6, 2013
Pros: atmospherics is an absolutely wonderful type of intelligence gathering
Cons: the leadership in upper level management are amateurs
The upper level management for the Atmospherics program is severely hampered by their inability to communicate and poor leadership skills.
Productive and nice place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working on the equipment and meeting different people. My co workers work together to accomplish a task. The best part of the job are the people you work with daily.
Day to day challeges
Light and Heavy Mechanic (Former Employee), KuwaitDecember 3, 2013
Again supporting our troops and working with Aecom was a life story in it's self and was a fun as I supported all our troops while I was there.
Management Fostered A Cutthroat Envirnoment
Renewable Energy Project Manager (Former Employee), LACCDNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: will work you to death; political environment
Was always afraid for my job and worked significant uncompensated overtime. The management was two-faced and impossible to please. If you think you are getting paid a bunch of money it's probably because they are going to take it out of your hide in some fashion or other. Expect the worst with AECOM.
Good
Engineer-III (Current Employee), Delhi, DLNovember 17, 2013
1. Worked at late night.
2. learned how to handle or coordinate between site & office people.
3. Technical training to subordinats.
Excellent Fortune 500 Company
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2013
Global leader in design engineering and construction management
Great Company to work for!
Procurement / Sub Contracting Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 9, 2013
Great company to work for as their are lots of great opportunities to advance and move up it projects remain long term.
poor management
Manager (Former Employee), VANovember 9, 2013
Cons: poor management
I should have believed the poor company reviews I read on line before accepting the position. Bad career move, poor management
Great company to kick start career
Transportation Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 6, 2013
Pros: great company!
Cons: pay could be a bit more
AECOM creates a great environment for personal and career growth. The team members are friendly and easy to get along with and the supervisors give you the liberty needed to show your quality of work, in other words...no one is breathing down your neck!
good place to work
transportation (Former Employee), OaklandNovember 5, 2013
Cons: good health benefit
Monday through Friday, flexible schedule, leaned so much of the project design and management. coworkers were great. the hardest part of the job was non. The most enjoyable part of the job was during a lunch break.
Management was very unorganized
Avionics Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanNovember 5, 2013
The upper management did not care about your well being or moral. They could care less that you were in a foreign country and conditions were miserable already. I worked 12 hour days, for 7 days a week for a year. My fellow co-workers had good spirits, but complained about management as much as I did.
Busy but rewading
Site Supervisor Mech III (Current Employee), AfghanistanNovember 5, 2013
It started out rough because it was a new venture for Aecom but once they got the right management in place it was a very rewarding job
Sky is the world here...
Project Controls Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: flexibility with work schedules, lot to try your hands on
Cons: though to convey your thoughts through the managment
This company provides you an opportunity to work with the best people in the industry. With footprints all over the world you have challenging projects to work on with great learning experience.
Multiple disciplines
AutoCAD Technician II (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 30, 2013
design, 2D drawings, engineering, takes pride in the finish product
Good Company
HR Generalist /Business Partner (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2013
They provide competitive salary, great benefits, and believe in their employees.
Oversees work
Avionics/Electronics Mechanic (Former Employee), KuwaitOctober 28, 2013
Not very organized. Lack of leadership at my work site. Company seemed unorganized.
Good Company
Small Arms Repair Technician (Current Employee), Qulat, AfghanistanOctober 24, 2013
Pros: steady work, friendly enviroment, everything provided.
Cons: 12 hour days, no days off, 7 days a week.
I enjoy working for AECOM/ACFIRST. Friendly work environment. Got to work with different people from all over the world.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more