AECOM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,279 reviews matching the search
Varied assignments, good benefits, lots of road warrior work
Mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  US sites, internationalMarch 17, 2016
On contract transition team for remote site management, did asset assessment and inventory, engineering position descriptions, job interviews. Title II QA/QC inspection: offices, data center, underground 4 pipe (HW, CW), also new Army barracks. Review of vendors shop drawings and submittals, log technical documentation and project RFIs. Answer vendor RFIs, prepare and solicit RFP for projects, prepare requested Statements of Work. Facility plan review of mechanical equipment, building core & shell to LEED design standards. Site assessments and estimates for facility repair, replacement on FEMA disaster recovery projects.
Lots of time away from home and overtime, trying at times living in hotels out of suitcase. Learned Excel, Costworks estimating, site assessment protocol. Often worked with multiple contractors, AECOM employees supportive, others not so much at times. Most enjoyable part of job: seeing USA and world, providing engineering services, judgement, experience to assist client. Matching 401K, good medical and matching stock purchase icing on cake.
Great Collections Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Great collections company, with good benefits, but a quite stress full work environment, nice cafeteria, close to uptown Houston, parks and Malls
Horrible
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 9, 2016
Overall, this place was a horrible place to work. The office is run by a bunch of 3 year old catty women that try to pit people against each other. Upper management was un-involved and flat out didn't care about their workers.
Excellent co to work for
SHARP SECURITY (Former Employee) –  BagrāmMarch 8, 2016
Austere conditions increased during tour in afghanistan,
Established knowledge of idf retrieval and report writing
Enjoyed working with military
Pros
IDEAL WORK PLACE FOR PRIOR MILITARY
Cons
INDIRECT FIRE
Challenging projects to gain exceptional amount of experience
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2016
The company has a wide variety of engineering projects that allows for career development in terms of gaining professional experience with regards to engineering design, modeling, analysis, reporting, marketing, and finance. Your career development and goals are limited by the strength and character of your direct hiring manager and the senior professionals.

You must be willing and ambitious to learn new technical skills, design criteria, methodologies, applications, modeling, and computer programs on your own in order to remain competitive, utilized, and recognized by management for your capabilities and competency.

The hardest part of the job has been dealing with the concept of completing the required work within a limited project budget as well as redoing and correcting work by other coworkers in order to submit a quality assured work product to the client within budget and on-time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently as well as collaborate with co-workers on large scale projects that require innovative design concepts as a means to continually improve your professional experience and skill sets so that your technical expertise does not become stagnant.
Pros
Opportunity to work on large-scale projects for public and private sector clients.
Cons
URS Legacy Managers and Senior Staff mismanagement of staff and projects
Great location/co-workers
Project Geologist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 8, 2016
Hours were flexible and the work is interesting. Supervisors and co-workers are good people. Occasionally the company would have social activities.
slow paced and repetitive work
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 7, 2016
Not for everybody. Unable to deviate from spec installation. Good immediate supervision, Full benefits but expensive.
Aecom
Project Lead and Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
The work environment was good and the people were fun to work with. Sometimes work came in piecemeal and the servers were overloaded which cause slowdowns. The compensation seemed low and raises when received were small.
Pros
New building that was well equipped
Cons
Too many chiefs.
full of micromanaging, false promises, and lack of knowledge or understanding of the demographic
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
My experience at the company started off wonderful, but was then met with backstabbing, false promises, micromanaging from multiple people which led to confusion, name calling from upper management, and a seriously under-qualified manager.

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Job security is less than 100% because each day you feel as though you're walking on egg shells. Big company and most of the time you just get lost in the shuffle.
Pros
Cons
takes too long to get paid for expenses, too many channels to go through to handle a problem, management
By far the worst company I've ever dealt with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 4, 2016
This company does not follow up with employees that are onsite with customers. They do not support nor communicate anything to the employees. The morale is poor. Management is poor. They are only worried about themselves and not the people supporting them.
Pros
Starting off, you can move up quick
Cons
Management is poor. Benefits are poor.
They are short on diversity
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work; however, some of the managers need diversity training. Some of them are o stupid, you can't do anything, but feel sorry for them.
Pros
Money, job security
Cons
management
Data Integrity is Key
Human Resource Data Analyst - Corporate 401(k) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2016
My work days consist of providing participant information to HR Staff and third-party service provider. Generating reports for indicative data, contribution and loan payment reviews when compared to service provider data. Preparing balance sheet, data transfer forms and wire request for weekly transmission to service provider to load into participants' accounts.

I have learned that you are as good as your last assignment/task. Management has a hard time recognizing employees that do not have "profit-generating" projects or a position that provides visibility and inclusion. Co-workers set the stage for your involvement with Company culture.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with indecisive supervision. The most enjoyable is the completion of a detailed spreadsheet you've worked on for two weeks!
Pros
Tea selections, laughs with co-workers, and the view
Cons
Not enough paid holidays, unqualified supervisor, and not employee friendly
Good people to work with
Water Resources Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2016
Able to work on a wide variety of interesting projects. Staff were excellent to work with. Maintained a culture of quality.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Material Expeditor (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with a lot of great people and work together as a team to get our production for that days work. I really enjoy what I do and making sure that my daily task is performed and completed at the end of a work day. My supervisor is the B.O.M.B!! he is awesome person to work for.
Pros
no room for advancement for permanet postions within the company as a contractor
Cons
healthcare
A company that buys up other companies then lets the people who they don't want go...they DO NOT care about their employes only making $$$
Parts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Lousy Company, don't care about their employees only in making big bucks. Buy other companies just to get what they want they lay off those employees they don't want.
Pros
Cons
Employees don't matter to them
This firm misrepresents itself in every way
Frustrated employee (Current Employee) –  OrlandoFebruary 23, 2016
I am very disappointed in myself for believing the lies of my hiring manager and recruitment staff. I accepted an offer for less than I should have after being led to believe that the exposure and work variation would enhance my career. They touted the excellence of the company's benefits package and emphasized their work-at-home philosophy. What a crock! With the assimilation of URS almost complete, the company decided to change the medical benefits offered for 2016. Unfortunately, I need decent coverage for several of my family members and the 2016 benefits are horrible! The only offer three deductible-based plans and the plans cover zero cost until you meet your deductible. The cost for this high-priced catastrophic, obamacare required BS insurance? $650 a month. Yep, you read correctly. $650 per month is the best that the world's largest engineering firm can do for its employees. I have a problem with companies that put a higher value on the price of their stock than the care and retention of their employees. Shame on you AECOM.
Pros
....I'm still thinking
Cons
Horrible medical benefits, below average pay, open-concept floor plans, no mentoring, and on and on and on....
AECom (formerly URS Corp) was a Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of generating reports, maintaining internal documents and Construction progress photos relating to construction progress activities. Attending weekly staff meetings, greeting clients, reserving conference rooms for Construction Meetings; board meetings, staff meetings, etc. Ordering Office Supplies, handling phone calls. Distributing departmental mail. The most enjoyable part of job was receiving gift cards or being treated to lunch on Admin Day. Learned skills such as Prolog Manager, MS Word and Excel; mastering general office tasks; and learning to prioritizing tasks.
Pros
Great Boss; Healthcare, paid Holidays, Sick time off; brownbag lunches, pleasant work environment
Cons
No Corporate Ladder to climb
Temp job
Documents Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2016
This was a temporary job. I was only there for 6 months. We received, sorted and prepared documents to be sent overseas. The company has been sold.
Pleasant and Fun Atmosphere
Project Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
I would run draft for invoices on Monday. Once returned by the Project Team, I would then make any changes required by the Project Manager and Finalize and Submit the invoice to the client. There was always something new to learn. My supervisor was extremely helpful and so were my co-workers. We went thru a huge migration and we all helped each other. I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was responsible for over 300 projects a month.
Pros
Various duties so you didn't get bored.
Pretty average
Senior Database Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 15, 2016
I was only there for a few months working on a project, but my overall review of AECOM would be pretty average. It is your normal cubicle farm. Leadership is very very hands off. I enjoyed my time there.