AECOM Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Employee Growth
Construction Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Been with AECOM for more than 15 years and tried to move up in position. Did all I could - even started my doctorate degree to advance professionally and still in the same position as when I started. its time to move on.
Tight with scheduleing.
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
Project and project team dependent. Multiple training opportunities but most do not coincide with project related requirement. Pay is average. There are many companies in AECOM which can be confusing.
Pros
Large backlog for work.
Cons
health care insuranace is sub par.
Excellent work place
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  IDoha industrial areaJuly 15, 2017
Recommendable and reliable staff and higly technical update management and consulting company. Very good relation with the employee. The company is agility assertive with the client excellent innovative with integrity profitable growth and first in safety
Pros
Very Good company
Cons
Without question
Hard worker and work well with others
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNJuly 15, 2017
I show up on time and work when ever needed do what i am told can do about anything work great with others will work over time if asked even weekends. I do cocrete. I run a jack hammer. I use cuttin tourch. Use all tipes of hand tools. I do anything that is needed dine
Busy
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 14, 2017
this is company has a lot of advancement options but everyone thoughts may be different then others. Always do you research before committing to any company.
Pros
Great Skill Advancement
Cons
Disadvantage in Pay
Nice and large corporation with strong ethics and structure
Civil Drafter 1 (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
Everything you like in a corporate fashion job all exists at AECOM. Strong structure to the entire company system from hiring/retention to benefits to ethics this company is fair and giving and secure. My hours happened to be cut in half due to the incredible lack of billable work that can match my newer experience. Most work is very advanced and takes engineering background or much experience in the field. The only thing I wasn't promised was a car xD. This company is very awesome and is international (which gives you room to move anywhere. I saw a coworker move to another state doing the same work and another to Italy.)
Pros
lots of pro's. (strong benefits, job security, flexible hours, etc) No free lunches or anything that fancy.
Cons
The field of work can be low on projects, which this company is very dependent on.
No Comment
Principle Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2017
Not at company long enough to make a qualified assessment. However, for the short time I was there the team I was on was both friendly and willing to assist with my learning curve.
PRoductive place with tons of projects
Engineer-I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2017
There are multiple opportunities for an individual to work on different projects. The growth within the company can be slow. Some managers don't understand the process.
political nightmare
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJuly 11, 2017
horrific place would not recommend. Management is not well-versed in addressing outstanding employee retention issues and hires inappropriate managers and staff and promotes those that drink the koolaide
Free lunch every week
Sr. Roadway Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2017
Good company
They want to start you in the lowest pay scale possible
Great location
The coral Gable office is very nice but you have to pay for parking.
Very good people
Very knowledgeable and experience engineers
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Very hard for techs to get training
Good company to work for
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Soda Springs, IDJuly 3, 2017
AECOM was an excellent place to gain experience. If you don't mind not being compensated for going above and beyond and learning new things, I highly recommend this company. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. The folks were a great group of people to work with.
A fun company to work for! They offer reasonable pay and good benifits.
Instrument Mechanic/Electronics Technitian (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 3, 2017
AECOM is a good contracting company. They have well trained personnel and qualified managers. The team is fun to work with, and the work is interesting to say the least. Over all, a good company to work for.
Loved the job and people I worked with
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
I had previously worked at Radian Corporation which was purchased by URS. Both of these jobs were about as good as it gets in terms of the highly skilled professionals I worked with and the corporate BS of all jobs. When URS was gobbled up by AECOM, things changed. Aecom was all about the bottom line and if you aren't meeting the financial goals of the accountants that run this company, they start laying people off. Some of this was due to the changing environmental landscape after the most recent election and the shrinking need for coal fired power plants.
Pros
salary, highly skilled and knowledgeable employees
Cons
upper level management
Short term work
Sheet metal worker on CH53 (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 1, 2017
A lot of there work is short term and they look at there employers as numbers not people. They have a lot of short term work. benefits are OK but not great.
Very diversified and great potential for advancement
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2017
Very diversified and great potential for advancement. Working there is very fast paced and exciting. You get to meet interesting people inside the company and through outside avenues.
Bad place to work
Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 30, 2017
I would not recommend working here. Very stressful environment , long hours are expected from you with no extra pay or taking time off. No flexible working hours ether. Expensive health insurance.
Tremendous work load ..people are coming and going ... stay away from this place.
Excellent People
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
AECOM is a very challenging environment. Depending on what you do, it can be very rewarding. The people at the company are very nice and great to work with. Management however, is not.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company was NOT upfront with employees
SCCM / WSUS Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2017
Good company but was not straight forward with letting employees know of what was going on. IBM took over IT Services without anyone knowing and a lot of people lost their jobs.
Pros
remote work
Cons
was not up front with employees
very laid back
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time with AECOM very team oriented helpful in making sure your job was understood.
I would except a position with AECOM at any location great enviroment
Already did this
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAJune 27, 2017
This is the second time I've had ot review the same company. Sure wish I could get away from this ground hog day feeling............................................