GARBAGE TRUCK DRIVERS
Currently, multiple temporary positions exist for COMMERCIAL LICENSED DRIVERS with experience operating trash removal vehicles. In addition to driving, lifting maybe required. These are contract positions both locally and nationwide to complement upcoming openings. AFIMAC pays a competitive wage, along with company paid lodging and per diem for non local assignments. Qualified candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and have a clean criminal background along with an excellent driving record.
ACCEPTED CANDIDATES WILL GO THROUGH A 2 DAY TRAINING PROCESS AND WILL BE DEPLOYED TO ACTIVE PROJECTS FROM THE TRAINING FACILITY. A NUMBER OF POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE DUE TO A UNION STRIKE. OTHERS ARE SUPPLEMENTAL LABOR.
- Prior verifiable experience driving a trash collection vehicle (MUST)
- Possess a valid commercial driver's license with proper endorsement
- Valid DOT medical card
- Able to mobilize within 24-48 hours to client location
- Able to work up to 10 hour days, 6 days per week if necessary
- Willing to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods
- Normal use of senses
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Agree to complete any required training if necessary
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
For further consideration, please complete our online application at: https://careers.afimac-us.com Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER