Travel Project Managers – Industrial Manufacturing
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING EXPERIENCED LABOR PROJECT MANAGERS/PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS TO CONDUCT LABOR AUDITS, ASSIST WITH RECRUITMENT & ACTIVELY MANAGE A TRAVELING MANUFACTURING LABOR WORKFORCE AT A CLIENTS LOCATION. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO PROJECT LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF YOUR IMMEDIATE AREA.
AFIMAC is a full-service crisis response company. We have served industrial, commercial, and institutional customers across the country for over 28 years. We have assisted our clients nationwide in planning for and responding to natural disasters, labor strikes, industrial accidents and other types of business disruptions. Through AFIMAC’s umbrella of services, we provide our clients a one-stop contingency resource, including strike security, mobile catering and logistics, and a contingent workforce of both skilled and unskilled personnel experienced in working under difficult conditions.
Opportunities exist for Traveling Labor Project Managers. Projects consist of an industrial labor workforce from 30 to 300 unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled trade labor. Projects are located nationwide and last anywhere from a few weeks to several months. These are assignment based positions that last for the duration of each project. Most jobs are in light to heavy manufacturing. We need individuals to manage our team of workers and to professionally interact with our clients. Position is hourly, based up to 84 hours per week, much overtime and good wages in a short amount of time. Company pays for all travel, lodging and food. You do not need to relocate. We will pay for your transportation home at the end of the assignment.
1. Conducting pre-project labor audits at client locations nationwide to determine workforce needed, analyze positions & equipment, and build a relationship with client management team.
2. Travel to client locations for 1-2 day trips a couple times per month for audits.
3. Assist with recruiting & qualifying candidates for upcoming projects. Phone screens.
4. Manage active labor projects in a work stoppage or natural disaster setting.
1. Experience in leading teams in high pressure situations.
2. Able to mobilize within a short timeframe to anywhere in the country
3. Able to be away from home for extended periods of time.
4. Prior experience in manufacturing management or supervision.
5. Knowledge of basic manufacturing equipment and employee skill sets
6. Able to “speak the language" of manufacturing operations.
7. Must be able to pass a drug screen
8. Experience in training, developing and leading a group of individuals a plus.
9. Knowledge with proven track record of report generation and writing
10. Able to actively motivate and develop the team he/she leads
11. Effectively communicate goals, tasks, etc. to a diverse team and follow up
12. proven record in training techniques and able to effectively evaluate the team
13. Experience leading a project team of up to 300 personnel
14. Experience recruiting/professionally developing labor personnel
15. Capable of completing pre-project deployment assessment operational plans
16. Ability to work independently – away from the corporate office
17. Ability to enforce company policies and procedures
18. Interact professionally with client representatives
For immediate consideration please submit a resume with your work history and experience. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further conversation.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER