Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Long hours and no hourly pay
Agent (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good pay when you sell products
Cons: lots of driving when you make no pay check
Always driving to try and get appointment with owner of business. Work long hours and may not get one appointment so no pay check. The most enjoyable part of this career is when owners understand how you really can help their employees and they let you meet with them. Commission only.
Good potential income job but never was able to continue to make it.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: part-time hrs.
Cons: not enough hours
Independant work

Good management, but poor planning on their part.
Hire timing was not planned well for the job to com to fruition.

Learned about how to operaste Outlook software to keep up with potential clients and boss's appts.
Great Company
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 27, 2015
I believe AFLAC is a great company. I just don't think there were for me.
Competative Sales
Licensed Independent Agent (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: not much of an available market
Very Competetive sales, with little upper managment involvement.
Worked as pairs or teams to achive sales goals.

Hardest part was prospecting potential clients and making cold calls in a heavly saturated market area.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working from home, and also working in an office with my direct team leaders.
MY BEST JOB EXPERIENCE BY FAR!
Accounting Specialist III-Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2015
I love the atmosphere, culture and management at Aflac. The company shows their appreciation for their workers. This has been my best job experience by far!
Freedom to set own schedule and no income ceilings
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: 100% commission and suffering financial consequences for an uncontrollable factor.
AFLAC is a very stable and exciting work environment to be a part of, but the narrow scope of the product line creates a challenge in creating sincere long-term interest in the necessity for the product. The 100% commission environment can be encouraging and troublesome all at the same time. AFLAC fronts a percentage of earned commission and pays 48 hours after the policy is written. The challenge is that if the client decides to cancel their policy during the first year then AFLAC charges back a percentage of the upfront money and debits it against the additional monthly payments allotted. After a little over two years of running my AFLAC business on high octane I opened 68 new AFLAC accounts, currently there are only 30 accounts still on my book of business and as of December 2014 monthly statement I finished at a negative balance of $728 because of lapsed or cancelled policies. Finally, great company, good products, but the opportunity is definitely a test of endurance and the ability to still pay the bills when businesses are not needing AFLAC for their annual enrollment.
Enjoyed work environment & company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun & joyful times; company gathering & meetings.
Cons: no employee benefits; health insurance, etc.
Learning experience for me; file, process & handle insurance claims.
Great place to work!
Workflow Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Great benefits, team environment, and employee perks! Sometimes working as a team can be tough, but management is always open to suggestions and making the best work experience.
Great place to work with great benefits/compensation
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great pay, good healthcare
Cons: stressful days
I loved working for AFLAC! the pay was good, however the work/life balance was stressful. Long hrs. with busy busy days only left me drained with migraines and no energy or time for family. I left ultimately because of medical reasons; however the job played a great role. I would recommend the company but not the call center!
Independent
Insurance Broker / Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: residuals
Cons: commission only
B2B SALES, cold calls, appointment setting, commission only
Small town school, great community, friendly staff
Independent Sales Consultant/Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: i loved the teaching schedule and it allowed me to spend quality time with my children, great staff and students
Cons: not a lot of parental involvement for many of my students, administartive changes, not much room for advancement
I enjoyed working in a small town, rural school. The students were great! Despite our size, we stayed pretty current with education trends and there were several opportunities for professional development. the staff was very friendly and we all generally worked very well together. There wasn't much room for advancement within because we had several teachers that had been there for many years and didn't plan to retire any time soon. Towards the end there were a lot of changes in administration, which resulted in a high turnover rate and our department losing several aides, though our student numbers were rapidly increasing.
Traveling to locations making store to store sales
Licensed Independent Agent (Former Employee), Emporia, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good communication, going to new places
Cons: did not get steady pay, had to use personal car
Locating new clients to sale insurance
Finding different sales pitches
Making sure customers are aware of insurance changes
SCAM - AFLAC
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: product is ok - employment practices and commission is bad
Cons: everything see details in body
Don't fall for the brainwashing highp they feed you you will not make money in commissions management steals it from you initially and then it reduces to 2% or so. Slave labor they expect you to make 500 phone calls even though it doesn't generste any business and even though you don't get paid so in short you are working for free.
When business is available they feed a very small percentage of older senior consultants even though they tell you during the interview that ghey will feed you until you become established this is a lie. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Corporste has been notified and they do nothing about it and are in agreement with the practices at the individual location level. Senior management only interested in meeting their quota to get their salary and bonuses at all cost.
Stay away do yourself a favor.
fun place, enjoyed people and work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), DALLAS, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good place, good insurance, great people!
Cons: got laid off
Helped run and maintain office for district manager until she decided to start working from her home
insurance
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Life insurance sales is a hard business due to the fact that people don't have the extra for more expenses that they don't think they will use.
Great Hobby, Poor Income
Agent/ Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: one nice manager
Cons: no income
There are some people who succeed and make a ton of money there but 95% of the people who start there never make any money after they sell everything they can to their relatives. My manager took all the good call-in leads and left me to wander the streets looking for income seven days a week until I had to quit and get a real job.
Productive, Outgoing Individual
Underwriting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: interpersonal skills, quick learner, works independenly
Cons: get bored easily, always like to learn new things
 Assisted with recruitment of volunteers
 7 years of claims experience
 2 years of human resources experience
 Communicate effective, orally and in writing with customers and Aflac personnel
 Perform administrative duties
 Interpersonal Skills
 Research through external and internal resources.
 Bachelors Degree in Marketing
 Masters Degree in Management
 Masters Degree in Instructional Technology & Design
Wonderful Corporation
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Loved my job and my coworkers. Company did a lot for their employees and the employees families.
Fun & Productive
Producer / Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Love helping individuals and families with their insurance needs and concerns.
Mislead in regards to the opportunity
Independent Aflac Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: own boss
Cons: turned away many times, too many aflac agents
The most enjoyable part of the job: The ability to have control of my time

Leads: There are leads that come through via email and calls

Management does not offer leads to new agents, to try to get a foot in the door and a true opportunity to be successful

No product training- just a quick here's the product, you do not need to know the product

Get out there a try to sell

Cold Calling, door knocking

Lots of rejection

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more