Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,727 reviews matching the search
Organized, good job environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Good place to work, friendly people. Good job environment with very professional staff. Management is very helpful and organized. Good place to grow into an Aflac agent for sales position.
make as much money as you want
Senior Account Executive/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
complete freedom to be your own boss, not a job for the lazy. Guidance was always available and support with any problems was never a problem, a good manager goes a long way
Pros
unlimited up side
Cons
no salary
Great for self motivated people
District Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2017
It is a 1099 outside sales job with massive potential for income. It is building a business from the ground up. the first 5 months can be very difficult. If you are willing to do the work it is great
very good enviornment
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2017
Very good people and management. They are very helpful in training and keeping up your license requirements. Allows agent to sell a variety of insurance products.
Difficult closing opportunities
Strategic Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
If you do not have another job or someone to help supplement your income, this position is not for you. It takes quite some time to begin generating income unless you are taking over someone else's book of business. The business cycle typically takes 10 weeks before you finally produce an income but the percentages force you to work three times as hard just to break even. This is the reason the company has such a high turn over rate. They promise to help you build your business by pairing you with district sales coordinators to help you, but because everyone is a commissioned worker, each person is focused on their own business and income to sustain themselves. This makes it difficult for anyone to truly help you out in the field. Although the trainers are great people, its just not enough to help someone sustain a decent income. For those who do make it, it has literally taken them three years. The company has a great insurance model but it doesn't work for many of those who are hired to bring in the business.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Takes too long to generate a decent income
Great listeners and helpers
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 14, 2017
I like the environment but the job just isn't for me. I thought I would like it the more I start to work there but that isn't the case. I am looking for a job that I have a lot of experience in.
Pros
Work as a team
Cons
Benefits aren't good
You are paid for productivity
Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 11, 2017
Aflac will "hire" anyone who can fog a mirror.

Aflac's policies are easy to sell and provide good value to the policyholder.

Supplemental insurance is an important part of your insurance and financial plan.

If you are dedicated to your clients and policyholders, and are determined to succeed as an insurance agent, Aflac is one of many companies that you should consider representing.

But be warned, for 99 out of 100 people, Aflac is not a career opportunity. It is just one of many insurance companies that pays commissions to agents who sell policies.
Pros
Freedom as an Independent Contractor
Cons
Aflac "hires" hundreds of new agents every month
Great Company. I learned a lot.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDAugust 11, 2017
There was lot of potential to grow. I didn't care for all of the meetings. If I'm self-employed, I don't want to be constantly coming to meetings. It takes away from building my empire.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Too many meetings a week
Flexible Schedule but Hurt Pockets
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Aflac because of the clients I meet, I love the flexibility that is given to me, I do not like that money does not come in fast its hard especially if you are changing jobs, I highly recommend a second job
Aflac Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at Aflac involves prospecting local businesses either through cold calls or business walk-ins with other agents. Pay is all commission but can be a great opportunity for people with strong sales skills.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Commission only Pay
Great Company for Sales Careers
Agent/ District and Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NC +August 10, 2017
Sales positions are primarily business to business sales......calling on employers, presenting and selling to employees.

Great training, fun to learn about many different kinds of bussiness and people,

Very ethical company (corporate). Sales Managers vary in ability, desire, dedication, transparancy.

Hardest part of job is securing appointment with the decision maker at the business. Recommend starting with business owners/decision makers you already know if possible. Otherwise, 100% cold calling and getting referrals.
Sky's the limit
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Aflac has great products and great people. The hardest part of the job is that you wind up stepping all over the feet of other area Aflac reps as they are all calling on the same companies and it makes Aflac look disorganized and cut-throat which is bad.
Pros
Great Products and Freedom of work hours
Cons
Snakes in a pit viewed from customers perspective
100% Commission - if you can handle that, this is the place to be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
I think Aflac is a fantastic company for someone who is able to work a 1099, 100% commission sales job. The brand recognition is top of the class, the commission structure is fantastic, and you really do get out what you put in. However, if you need a base salary for financial security, a job of this nature is not for you.
Pros
You are your own boss, you make as much as you work for, great product to sell
Cons
No base pay
Exciting job, good bonus plan and great work/family balance
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHAugust 7, 2017
The company had a good training plan with managers/mentors to get you started in this career. Driving was the toughest part of this job. Creating new accounts and relationships was a great opportunity.
Stressful
Account Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2017
Very stressful, output of work expectation is too high for one person to complete within an 8 hour/40 hours work week. Constantly changing management.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stressfull
Fast paced cold calling position
Agent (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 6, 2017
All Aflac Agents are provided the same leads making it difficult to cold call because receptionists are getting calls from all over. I thought Aflac would sell itself because I love everything about it including the coverage.
Great Learning Experience
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 3, 2017
Hard Market to start in, slow starting will take a while to make any money. products are great but the diversity of the products could be better, great starting point
Pros
work life balance
Cons
slow start
Great Atmosphere and Good Place to Work
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS AGENT (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy working for Aflac. The hardest part of the job is getting out of the door to go to work mentally. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the flexibility to have a work/life balance. The atmosphere is energetic and you have to be willing to go out and meet people. The management team just wants you to go and do your job just like most management teams.
Pros
work your on schedule
Cons
if you don't like working on commissions then it is not the place for you
Make your hours and earn commission
Employee Benefits Sales (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 3, 2017
A typical day is to making a lot of cold calls to business owners to do presentations. All other time spend on meetings and signing up contracts with employees.
Pros
Plenty of personal freedom
Cons
Strictly commission on the pay
This place was home and like family to me
Claims Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 3, 2017
I was promoted 2 times at this job in the first 5 years and truly enjoyed it. The environment was laid back and fair. I plan to go back in the near future.
Pros
Consistency, feeling of being valued
Cons
work from home policies could use work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval