Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

Not a real job
Benefits Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 28, 2015
This is commission only, they offer you the world, but you are broke, driving to far locations to talk to people who aren't interested in buying what you sell. Go sell health or life insurance instead.
Very bad ethics torwards thier agents.
Aflac agent (Current Employee), Lima OhioMay 28, 2015
Pros: set your own hours
Cons: poor backing for agents little to no ability to defend your accounts
Standard sales position. The meetings are over inflated to make it appear that people are selling more than they are due to their point system. After working as an agent for 5 years I can say that they do not care about their agents. During my first 2 years things went great. 3rd year they started THE BROKER INITIATIVE which cost me 6 accounts that year that I setup. Because of this my partner quit and I backed off of cold calling and focused on managing my accounts. now the brokers are able to walk in to your accounts and take them over simply by saying they are a broker. After they do this you can't even talk to your account to find out if it was done legit or just a blind robbery.

Due to my experience I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you are going to license as a broker.

The commission is far lower than the average of other insurers as well.

Only real benefit is you pick your hours.
Commission Based
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed the people and the product was good. I am just not a salesperson and needed a secure income. If you are good at sales and can work on commission its a great place.
Internship
Product Innovations and Control Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 26, 2015
It's an amazing experience, and they get you really involved. My manager took into account my actual interests and skillset rather than simply sending me off to file something banal. I was able to be engaged and feel connected to the company because I did real work. It was great, and everyone on staff is a saint.
Fun workplace
Human Resources Administrator/Intern (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 25, 2015
Very good company to work for. The agents and coordinators are amazing people. I learned a lot and enjoyed my opportunity to work for them. The hardest part of the job would have to be the constant calling and being turned down, but everyone is very encouraging.
For the Busy-Bee.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 24, 2015
Working at Aflac is complete based on commission, which requires a high level of aptitude in sales and the ability to manage mutliple business accounts. If you are busy, ambitious individual the job maybe ideal for you.
Sales job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2015
It is a basic sales job. Meetings are very cult like with lots of hype to try to get new agents to drink the kool-aid. Not a place to work if you are in immediate need of money. Purely commision based.
great place to work
Customer Service Center Associate (CSC) (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 22, 2015
great family oriented company great pay and incentives. More room for growth. great people to work with and team oriented company.
Good company to work for.
Independent Insurance agent (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2015
Pros: Independence
Cons: 100 percent commissions
Good company to work for, being independent and being new to the business has been quite hard to get started and stay productive.
too many sales reps
Independant Agent (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAMay 21, 2015
Pros: I am my own boss
Cons: no great training
A good company to represent but too many sales reps in field. This makes it difficult to gain the needed attention of prospects when they get called upon by so many individual sales reps.
Professional and busy work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Prizes and gifts for highest sales quotas, free meals at the office during mandatory meetings.
Cons: Commission only, large investment required, long processing procedure for sales application and return on investment.
The Sales school was exceptional and the office was very professional and organized. I learned that I would be creating my own business and Aflac would allow me to sell their product on commission. Continuing education was taught weekly. Professional tools (give-a-ways, leads, marketing materials) and leads were available for sale. Rent was paid to use office supplies and machines. I was expected to meet weekly goals and participate in telemarketing and cold calls at the office weekly.
Good work environment but constantly contracting more agents in overly saturated areas.
Independent Business Consultant (Current Employee), Lewisburg, WVMay 20, 2015
You are your own boss. You set your work day and generally have weekends and holidays off. They believe in family and helping people. It is a great company to be associated with but they are constantly on a recruitment spree and often have too many agents working in the same area, creating saturation and difficulty in opening new accounts. If you live in a highly populated area this is not a problem but in more rural towns, businesses are often to small to open an account and people make to little income to afford even a small amount taken out of their salaries.
Expenses to start
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: Potential to earn more than a typical job salary, flexible schedule
Cons: Cold calling, high amounts of rejection, old business practices, costly startup, No paycheck until commissions are earned
Perform corporate drops to businesses based on location and employee count to schedule appointments with the person that handles employee benefits. Cold Call in volume to schedule appointments. Teach businesses about why Aflac can help them and their employees. The main problem with the methods are that most businesses have a preconceived idea about sales over the phone and think you are soliciting when you walk through their offices to directly introduce yourself. There are many hurdles to jump over and expenses for driving, obtaining the necessary courses to obtain your state license and additional costs for business cards, laptop, proper attire, etc.
Great Career
Purchase and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 19, 2015
• Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with district and/or state regulations.
• Assists staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and facilitating purchasing process.
• Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a variety of policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
• Contacts vendors for the purpose of verifying information and/or responding to inquiries.
• Distributes purchase orders, vendor information, outstanding order log, etc. for the purpose of providing reference documents for completing purchasing process.
• Evaluates documentation for the purpose of ensuring proper use of district funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services.
• Maintains documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Monitors purchase orders, contracts, bids and budgetary expenditures; expedites delivery for the purpose of ensuring accurate allocation of funds and/or adherence to fiscal regulations.
• Prepares a variety of written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Processes documents and materials for the purpose of distributing information and/or acquiring resources to support District operation in conformance with established guidelines.
• Researches a variety of for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining district wide services.
• Responds to inquiries for the purpose of resolving issues or referring to appropriate parties
Fun Culture
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Centennial ColoradoMay 19, 2015
Pros: Helping People
Cons: none
Speaking with businesses on how we can improve their benefits at no cost to the owner. Building relationships and continuing to support clients on a daily basis with excellent customer service.

The management team is amazing, the other associates are enjoyable to work with, and the work/life balance is exactly what everyone is looking for.

Setting appointments, and getting a buy in from business owners is a challenge. One thing that I know, is if you are passionate and believe in what you are selling, it really isn't all that difficult.

Helping people on a daily basis stay out of medical bankruptcy and seeing the cash benefits help their family with expenses really is rewarding.
I was excited because I had AFLAC policies for 10 years, but Training and Mentoring was awful
Field sales (Former Employee), 8600 Hidden River Parkway, Suite 75 Tampa FL 33637May 17, 2015
Pros: I love the product. I have had 6 policies for going on 10 years.
Cons: No training, commission only, feast or famine uncomfortable work environment.
I had such high expectations for this commission only field position with AFLAC. I had their supplemental benefits and still maintain them to this day. I love and will never get rid of them. Working for them was another matter entirely. I nearly starved because of the long drive (when i requested a position near my house) and they continued to have me drive more than an hour and half each way. They never provided the training and mentoring that they touted during my interview. I was there everyday for 6 weeks before my supervisor trainer even took me on my first ride along. I struggled without experience in field, or supplemental sales experience. I would not recommend this position for anyone just getting there insurance credential and not having an existing book of business prior to going into a commission only position. I have found in recent jobs that I am more suited to a more business casual call center type position, where i can take my time getting to know my customer's instead of appointments in the hot weather in suits and ties going to field appointments, which cancel without notice and unpredicatible variables of field sales.
worked with great people that were willing to help you get started
Agent (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 15, 2015
It was challenging work but it was worth doing it to help people. I enjoyed learning and working with the people I worked with. The challenge was making sure you made the money you wanted to make. It was all commission and up to you to make money.
It Could Be Better
Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2015
100% commission is overrated with promises of high lifestyle living and prizes only for the top selling who have been with the company a long time. They only want you to sell by using scripts.
Hard to work for the Duck
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Freedom, income potential
Cons: Sales model, cold calling, door knocking
Cold calling, cold calling, cold calling. You better be young, single and living with someone else, or have a spouse or significant other who has a good job that can pay the bills.. Aflac hires anything that can breathe and have a 96% turnover on new Agents within 3-6 months.
Excellent Culture
Broker Services Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 12, 2015
Aflac is a wonderfully diverse place to work. I am proud to say that I work for Aflac. The best part about my job is working with great co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries