Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

Energetic and fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Pros: Set your own time, and work days
Cons: comission only, highly competitive field
Days are quick relaxing, and very competitive and hard at times,as clients may cancel on you at anytime as its a commission only career
Fun workplace with flexible hours, and the oppurtunity to help someone every day.
sales agent (Former Employee), fort smithJune 25, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: Not being able to help the ones who are denied because of health conditions.
- A typical day at work starts early. I go business to business, and speak with the owners about AFLAC, and how we can help them by providing benifits to their employess, which in return would help their benifit, because statistics show that employees that have benefits threw their workplace, stay with the company longer and work harder.

- I could write a book about what I´ve learned, but iĺl try to condense it. I have learned sales and different ways to get people to buy, Ive learned about laws, rules, and regulations in insurance, Ive learned how to market, and ive learned many different tequniques to use when setting an apointment; In person and on the phone, and Ive learned SO much more.

- Management was helpful, knowledgable, and friendly.

- My co-workers were all very proffesional, and I have became well aquainted with all of the local AFLAC employees.

- The hardest part of my job was knowing someone has a need for certain policies; whether that be because cancer runs in their family, or because they have health illnesses and not being about to provide the policy that they need, because they were denied for health reasons. So, the hardest part of this job was not being able to help the most desperate people.

- The most enjoyable part of this job was being in front of people communicating every day and getting to know the clients, and being able to provide them with something that would one day help keep them and their family afloat when the financial devistations of a cancer, or an accident, or the loss of a loved one were to happen.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 25, 2015
Production driven, due to the innovative changes also a lot of changes with career advancement. Great coworkers and everyone is easy to get along with. Aflac has a great week once a year to celebrate their employees.
not great
Associate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2015
It is a great company with a great philosophy behind it. However, it is a commission-based job, and it was hard for me since I am not from the area where I worked. Lots of cold calling was certainly not a fun part of the job. The time flexibility was nice. At times I had to work 16 hours a day but I was able to do anything I needed to do throughout the week if it was necessary.
Customer Service Center
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), columbus, gaJune 24, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Leadership sucks
The company overall is a great company to work for; however, some of the leaders roles should be reviewed. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on and a lot of people are treated unfairly.
a normal office enviroment, a good enviroment to learn how to act appropriately in a certain setting
Sales and Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJune 24, 2015
Health and Accident precertification
Prospecting
Recruiting
Sales/Appointments
enjoyable internship but working around 1099 just isnt for me
amazing position and work family
Independent Associate (Current Employee), Erwin, NCJune 22, 2015
The environment is extremely fun, loving and supportive. This is a stress free position that makes working fun. Have the ability to make your own schedule, work at your own pace, and earn your own potential. Management staff and executive staff are extremely supportive and have the desire to help everyone succeed and be extremely successful
great place to work
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: better pay
absolutely love my job. its a great place to work and very family oriented. great benefits and EAW is awesome. i would recommend anyone to work at aflac.
It was an ok job/career
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Work from home with little office time
Cons: Very strict system guidelines
The overall view of the company was one of a "robotic" nature. The system they have in place (although it does provide results!) is one of step1, then do this, then do this, and end with this. No use for "thinking out of the box" type personalities.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Invoice Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus GaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Team contest for free lunches, employee incentives
Cons: Slow Promotions, pay not equal to education
A typical work day consisted of multitasking. I had to produce 98 files in one work day while maintaining at least 98 percent quality. In addition, I had to answer emails, make phone calls to internal and external customers. I worked our daily money report by reconciling and applying premiums to the correct policies. The last eight years of employment within Aflac, I performed with no direct supervision as a home teleworker. Overall, this is a great company to work for with many employee incentives.
Excellent managers and great friendly people to work with
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Houma, LAJune 16, 2015
- A typical day consisted of going to 20-30 business locations per day to schedule meetings with business owners.
- The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unfriendly potential clients, when I knew it was a product that could help them.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was filing claims for policyholders and seeing them get money.
Intern (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 16, 2015
Pros: Management, hours
Cons: Commission based salary
I learned so much while working at Aflac. Everyone in the office was always willing to help with any questions I had and the management level was full of leaders, not just managers.
Great place to work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Learned alot about time management
Cons: Need full time
I met some great people. Stayed busy most of the time. Very organized. I answered phone calls and made appointments. I have learned a lot from this job such as time management and how to get things done on a timely manor.
the trainers don't help new agents succeed.
Field sales (Former Employee), tampa floridaJune 12, 2015
Pros: good products, i have them and love them.
Cons: working for them was not anything i expected from a product i love so much.
if you don't get the right trainer, you will flounder. it's straight commission so without proper training you cannot succeed.
Really cool people who's on the same page as you.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people everyday and setting your own schedule.
Cons: Commission only
The company is great, agents from across Michigan meet up every few months and get rewarded for our success. I just didn't like getting commission only, and them being able to take money back from you if someone didn't pay their invoice.
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 11, 2015
Pros: super good to their employees
Cons: none
I actually love this company however I am needing full time hours. This company offers so much opportunity to their employees.
Broke but employed
Agent (Current Employee), Little rock,arJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great culture, fun, and flexible
Cons: Outdated sales model makes it hard to get started
I began this job clueless about insurance and working as agent. However, I quickly embraced the new opportunity and clung to every word I was told. I was cold calling at least 25-30 businesses a day and setting appointments like crazy, but I was getting nowhere and nothing. 3 months in I still had not signed on any accounts and the lady that was assigned to train me had begun getting new trainees and was becoming less accessible to me. I was sent on my own before I even got started. And to make matters worse I was beginning to find out that Aflac does tons of hiring in a market that's already saturated with their foot soldiers. All I can say is have a fat savings and a plan b or c before you sign on to this company.
Great company
Supervisor - Policy Service (Former Employee), Columbus GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay
Cons: none
Aflac is a wonderful company that I enjoyed working at for over 33 years. Every person that works for Aflac is giving the opportunity to advance. I enjoyed most every day working at Aflac. The most enjoyable was employee appreciation week.
Flexible hours
Supplemental Medical Specialist (Current Employee), Greensbor NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Supportive management
Cons: challenging website
Very supportitive at home business - sales as an idependent contractor

Online access is challenging at times.

Must have personal business plan requires alot of activity in prospecting.

Excellent products and essential to all medical plans as a supplement.
Great product but terrible growth structure
Associate/Coordinator in Training (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, unlimited earning potential, freedom.
Cons: No benefits, no support, a lot of expenses.
AFLAC has great products and offers a great opportunity but to be successful you need to be comfortable with a lot of warm marketing and sphere of influence calls. AFLAC provides zero benefits unless you work for corporate and every expense is out of pocket, including the initial licensing and training. The company is setup as a pyramid scheme so they over-hire as there is no cost to the company and they do not setup territories which makes it very unprofessional by constantly bumping into other agents. To succeed in this environment you need a pre-established book of business to call on and strong networking ability as the managers only look out for themselves.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries