Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

This project was a web application used for Insurance Claim System which was designed specifically to address the customer for their Claims. The main
Net Developer (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 31, 2015
• Involved in all the phases of the Project Life Cycle and also analysis of the system based on n-tier architecture.
• Developed the Windows application using WPF, a GUI for the user interface with various controls (Tree View, List Box, Grid View, Data List, Textbox, Calendar, List Controls, Dropdown, Validation Controls etc).
9 out of 10 fail
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2015
I actually have done very well and wrote 50k in my first 6 months. However, I am the only one out of my whole class thats still here and they literally don't pay for anything. You even have to pay the regional manager rent!!
If you have no other income--stay clear!!
Sales (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 29, 2015
Pros: work your own hours
Cons: no paid training-no money until you have groups or individuals sign up
Aflac has a great product, but they do not do enough for their new sales people. My leader/mentor was great, but the time I trained with her (3 weeks) I only made a little over $200!!! Most of that went to gas!! In this economy Aflac needs to do more for the new sales person. I spent a lot of money to get licensed (which took 2 tries to pass). So for the money I made, it did not pay for the expenses. Plus they do not pay you to go through training which comes out to almost a full work week!!! They did pay for the hotel since the training was 3 hours away! My trainer did say that it takes about a year to start making some decent money!! I couldn't afford to stay with them and got a job making money every week so I can pay my bills and keep a roof over my head!!
WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE
agent (Former Employee), TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: 8-5 m-f
Cons: no actual leads, no compensation for hrs of rejections, no benefits
Idea of day time hours and weekends off are a great sell BUT...
I left a manger position of 40k a yr to a cold call, NO actual leads and non existent paying job of going business to business only to get rejected with "you are the 5th agent this month to stop by and no we aren't interested" If you get someone of interest, it is of pure luck and you will most likely have to split it with a district trainer because you won't know how to conduct the meeting on your own and do all the paperwork. One agent told me they made 800 total in the first three months of being there. I made that in one week. Now I have no job and instead of continuing to waste more than three days I gave it a try, I left to spend more useful time trying to find a means of income that this place obviously can't provide. Oh and by the way, most of the agents are only there for a few months...some of the ones that stayed there longer are a district trainer now but most of them have only been there for a year or less.
They make it sound great, but it's a load of poo.
If you're unemployed and have nothing better to do for a while, maybe you can get lucky...but don't leave a great job for this!!!
Worst Internship experience
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Met 5 cool interns
Cons: No real mentoring to improve cold calling. No help on making some money.
We (5 other interns) made cold calls all day. First we had to go through training so we could pass state insurance exams that we didn't get compensated for by are "mentors." If you're good at making cold calls then you might do well depending on what area you are selling aflac benefits to.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Aflac is a great, family operated company with insurance products to suit the needs of those who need help if they are hurt or sick.
Great boss with easy going co workers
Insurance agent (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 27, 2015
A little slow to get hired on, but direct contact with district and regional bosses helps. I learned important skills with building relationships with business owners and got a good feel for the insurance world.
Aflac Summary
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAJuly 27, 2015
Commission based and time consuming. Great if you have to build your business. Office moved after I got hired and was forced to relocate.
The cafeteria is awesome and the extra perks are great too!
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, snacks and prizes
Cons: none
Aflac is a wonderful company. I worked in the call center two years and built many friendships and learned so much about the company. Working in the call center gave me a chance to learn about all policies and speak with claimants. A typical work day would involve answering 60-100 calls a day, checking on claims status, submitting escalations and researching policies for benefits.
I learned the art of selling insurance because I had a wonderful manager.
Agent Tucson, AZ (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 26, 2015
My manager was a selfless person and we became family to each other. I learned so much from her regarding insurance and always getting back to people when they call. When I moved to GA and my customers were transferred to other agents, they called me to inquire about the new agents. My manager was asked to transfer to another district because she stood up for an agent who was getting railroaded by her boss, that left a negative feeling about the management in Arizona to me.
Stessful work environment with decent benefits
Customer Service Specialist II- (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Bonuses for productivity
Cons: Micro-management, under staffed
-I work 8:30-5:30 answering inquiries for customers & providers in regards to claims, policies, eligibility, etc...

- I've learned excellent comminication skills and how to learn & navigate systems quickly

-Management tends to micro manage, losing sight of overall wellbeing/morale for the dept.

-My co-workers (for the most part) are awesome! Everyone helps each other out, we have a true understanding of team work

-The hardest part of my job is the disorganization of information in the system and the input on information in the system.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is delivering acurate information
Flexiable hours
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Holliston, MAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Pay, use of own car for work
Time is spent prospecting for new clients and maintaining current accounts. Lots of data entry and traveling from office to accounts.
Health and Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
I felt this was sort of a scam. The people over me didnt follow up on their clients and I felt like they just wanted the money and didnt care about the buisness
Cares about employees
Broker Account Executive (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Money is great
Cons: Poor leadership
Fun place to work, but very unorganized. I wish Aflac had a better computer system. Eveything is manual and the employees are very young. Great place to start your career.
Great income potential if willing to work VERY Hard
Agent (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great company and Brand recognition
Cons: M ust be preaper to earn no money for 2-4 months
Plus:
- great product and brand recognition
- Excellent in-house and corporate training

Cons:
- Average 90 days before landing any account or money
- You're treated like an employee/not independent agent with many mandatory meetings
- Lots of good stories about people making a lot of money..this is true for a few that stock with it for years..most District coordinators make less than $60k per year and make a lot of the money of new agents accounts

Must be able to have cash reserves to keep you float for 3-6 months... If you have the cash cushion and work hard, you will be ok after a year or year an a half of hard work
NEGATIVE STARS. Horrible company to work for.
Independent Insurance Agent/Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Learning Experience, the hard way
Cons: Everything listed in Review and probably more!
DON'T FALL FOR THE SCAM OF WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. PRODUCTS ARE GREAT TO HAVE, HOWEVER, REGIONAL MANAGER COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE AGENTS. She thinks she's better than everyone. She knows how to tell you what to do but never leads by example. And doesn't know how to be professional and speak behind closed doors to agents, but instead talks about agents with her office admin with office doors open. Office admin also speaks rudely of people who have come in to interview by saying they are idiots, etc. They are constantly calling people to try to get them to become agents because turnover is sooo high. Admin calls about 80-100 people per week. Very discouraging to see how saturated the market already is and still see them wanting to always hire more and more people. AND, THEY WILL TELL YOU the market is not saturated. THEY ARE LYING!!! Business owners DO NOT have time or want to take time to hear about it, and see at least 5 agents a week come through their doors so they immediately tell you they aren't interested. They also tell you during the so-called interview that you get to schedule your own hours, but then constantly have meetings planned that they "strongly encourage" you to be at, even though those places DO NOT make you any money, and they basically hold it against you if you can't go to their meetings. The whole thing is a big waste of time. And the Regional manager needs to a huge piece of humble pie! Good riddance! I'm only sorry I wasted my time with them. I hope other areas of this company are better than the Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) area. If they are all the same, the company should reconsider the way things are done.
worst job ever
sales (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: your own schedule, get to dress nice
Cons: cold calling, no pay, mandatory meetings
AFLAC isn't all it is "quacked" up to be!

Let's start by saying they treat you like a W2 employee with MANDATORY sales meetings that you have to drive to at your own expense but you are hired as a 1099.

NO BENEFITS
NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT
PAY FOR LICENSING
PAY FOR TRAINING

I worked this job for eight weeks with nothing to show for it but a hole in my wallet where money used to be!

Seriously, and I can not stress this enough, this job sucks.

They hire you to sell their supplemental insurance policies to employers. BUT here's the catch - they won't let you talk to employers of any decent size because since you are newbie they don't want you to muck it up.

So you end up cold calling on strip centers and office buildings in an effort to find someone who will actually talk to you.

If you want to waste your own time and money on this so called job, well, you probably have as much brains as the AFLAC duck!
fun and exciting
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
you must work hard and want to be successful. Great energy when you walk in and commission pay scale is high. Nice and frendly people to work with.
great full-time or part-time
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KS, Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: great contests
Cons: management based on sales # not management qualities
This is a great company mostly because of the products that they offer. The people are great and you can make the AFLAC experience whatever you want it to be!
I have enjoyed the free time of working my own hours and the team support
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free time
Cons: working commission only
It has been a wonderful experience being able to work with different cultures. Everyday is a new day of educating and helping people with regards to protecting the greatest asset that they have which is themselves.
Headquarters