Aflac Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
fun, clean and nice environment
Informatica Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 19, 2017
good culture. no pressure. very good to work with this company.very good management. my manager is very cool and nice person to work with, used to have free lunches sometimes.
Took it for what it was worth
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 18, 2017
Selling for Aflac was a learning experience and that is the most complementary thing I can say about them. People supporting loved ones should not sell for Aflac as there is no base salary to support incoming agents.
Very personable and caring individuals
aflac sales associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Just an awesome place to work with/for they allow you to work on your own and if you need help they are there for you as well, they understand if life happens and don't judge you for it.
Love aflac in Reno NV
Great job, but has drawbacks
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Great company and job, not for the socially weak. Must have great people skills and be okay with commission based pay. I love Aflac, it just isn't the right fit for me.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Commission based pay only
ok
District sales manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2017
no benefits what so ever were offered and you did not make any money unless you sold policies. Over all if you are good in sales you can make a decent living but it was not what I wanted to do the rest of my life.
Sales - Insurance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Great opportunity for those who do well in a sales based environment compensation. Training is available at all levels and support is also there to help you succeed.
Pros
Create your own hours and schedule. Unlimited income potential
Cons
No base salary available - 100% Commission
it is strictly commission based so it wasnt for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 18, 2017
it was commission based so it just wasn't for me. You have to get your own leads and get good training but if you cant find businesses that want there insurance you wont get any money coming your way.
Great workplace and lots of freedom
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
In charge of generating and managing my on leads by knocking on doors and cold calling, also recruiting my own agents. I also had to conduct my own sales meetings and manage my own schedule.
Pros
schedule, workplace, learning potenal
Cons
security
Not a bad job
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYSeptember 17, 2017
This was a temporary job for me; I had no real intention of remaining. its not a bad job, but like all insurance companies, your returns will come in once you have laid the groundwork. Get well acquainted with cold-calling; regardless of what you are told. Good job, but if you're looking to make money with limited push, keep looking.
Good products...not much management support
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 15, 2017
I think that AFLAC as a company is excellent and the products they offer for workplace benefits are unsurpassed. The last 2 years under a management change were very stressful and created conflict in our region. Had the old upper management remained I would probable still be with the company in a managerial capacity.
Pros
Good products, stocks, residuals
Cons
no base salary...too much office politics
I was terminated for no just cause
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 15, 2017
In my 30 day notice of termination letter, it stated that in my contract says they can terminate me at any time. And so they did. No reason given. After 5 solid years I gave to the company. I trained 14 people and was a high producing agent.
Self determine your income.
Broker Coordinator/Agent (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 15, 2017
You are paid for what you do...no more and no less.
Company does what it says.

My Regional Coordinator was an exception in that he was an incredible leader and motivator.

It is a tough job but not difficult. You need to be self motivated as no one is there to make you do anything. If you want to work and make money, the opportunity is there without a doubt.
Fun environment to work
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 14, 2017
The sales team in Terre Haute was in competition but you would not know it. The veterans in the company were more than willing to work with new salesmen.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
100% commission
Great life work balance
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Great if you want to have time do enjoy life as long as working. Great residual income. Awesome management team. Need to put on the work in order to see results though.
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
You actually have to work
Decision Maker & Voluntary Benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working here initially ... however, as time progressed, and I could not make it financially because business owners could not -- or would not-- make a decision on whether to work with our company, I had a family to think about and not just myself!
I did by best.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Extremely competitive. Lack of support and training to new associates without previous sales experience. Saw favoritism given. Some areas of town were over saturated with AFLAC agents. I did learn some new things but overall, I feel like I failed.
Pros
Brand recognition of company. Good products.
Cons
No benefits, 1099 contractor.
Love my work team!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy working at Aflac and I think that my awesome team has everything to do with my great experience. I'm a newer agent but I'm having a lot of fun so far. It is hard work and you have to keep yourself on task daily but with a great team of people keeping you engaged, the career is easy and wonderful! Unlimited growth potential!!!
Very difficult to establish clientele. No salary - commission only takes long time to build a commission stream.
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 12, 2017
No salary or benefits - Paid commission only. Lots of phone work to get appointments. Selling is to benefit managers at companies - many are tired of hearing from Aflac and aren't interested in adding it to their benefits package.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to sell insurance
Work on your own schedule
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
It's a great company to work for if you have good leadership. Poor leadership can cause you to not make any money due to lack of support and training.
Pros
1099 employee
To much of time
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The training was not long enough. As an independent, I had to put too many hours in a day to sell one application. I had to pay for leads that led to no business.
Pros
had control of my schedule
Cons
Leads were not productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.