Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Set your own hours
Agent (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 19, 2014
Must pace your income. Be able to be available at all times for your clients.
Good workplace, great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 14, 2014
The company has many perks, however it's difficult to advance from an entry level position. Time put in doesn't necessarily equate to ease in moving out. There are many ways they can keep you locked into a certain position without being able to promote yourself. Overall in the call center you feel like the 1 in 500 that you are.
Fun - Feels like family
An Independent Associate Representing Aflac (Current Employee), Madison, ALJuly 14, 2014
Pros: schedule own work and visits with clients.
Cons: be prepared to hear no many times per day.
AFLAC is a Fortune 200 company with a family feel. AFLAC is known world wide because of the DUCK.
Sales and Business Consultant
Sales and Business Consultant (Current Employee), PRJuly 14, 2014
• Social and business networking skills to help CEOs, business owners, and HR managers determine which programs suit their employees best.
• Build new business base by effectively marketing product and services
• Support total business unit goals through achieving territory goals
Hospital Indemnity Claims Specialist II
(Randstad) Temp (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2014
Job duties and responsibilities were to review and process hospital indemnity claims based on information submitted by our policyholders. Research and used investigative skills to determine the nature of the validity of claims and made decisions on claim payments and claim denials. I was provided with a pay authority to work independently. I overall – more... loved my job 100%. – less
independent environment
Part Time Sales Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 7, 2014
business to business cold calls
going to different businesses demonstrating the benefits of supplemental insurance and how it can benefit the business and associates
Highly motivated
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: gaining a clientel
Cons: rejection of product
A typical day at work is prospecting possible clients. I learned that sales is very different from accounting, and that sales can be very depressing in the beginning. I also learned that doing what your management requests will help along the way, however, you need support in the beginning stages. Co-workers help is beneficial, and the hardest part – more... is getting established in your first year. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to the conventions. – less
Hard work given location
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 7, 2014
Great company and management, very long days with very little reward.
Don't be fooled by the Aflac Duck
Independent Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: not much help
After two sales I was left on my own. I had not yet learned enough to continue to make sales.
Famous Daves BBQ is a fun fast paced restaurant atmosphere with quality food and people to work with.
Insurance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA.July 3, 2014
Pros: money, co-workers, relationships with regulars
Cons: slow days, no breaks, bad insurance
A typical day a Famous Daves would include setting up the bar at the opening of the shift. Once you open it is just a constant spin of seating tables taking care of them while making drinks for the entire restaurant. Famous Daves is a fast paced team atmosphere where everything happens very quickly, but your co-workers and management team help you get – more... through the really hectic moments. To do this job you really have to be able to problem solve issues with guests quickly while prioritizing the most important on down to be the most efficient and make the most of your opportunity at every table to earn good tips. The hardest part can be the moments dealing with issues that you didn't create such as misquoted wait times for guests who are angry by the time they get to you or orders that are made incorrectly. The ability to thrive in these situations and breakdown barriers is vital to being successful. The most enjoyable part is the ability to make as much as you can and that is exciting to me as opposed to clocking in at a certain rate and knowing exactly what your going to make. I would just also like to add that anybody can become a server or bartender but, it takes a very special person to thrive in the tight windows of lunch and dinner rush dealing in very high pressure situations and not knowing what's going to be there for you on the back end. I did this for right at 10 years and with the right personality you can make very good money but not everyone has the drive it takes. – less
Fun place to work.
Claims Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: awards, fun functions, promotions. nice people.
Cons: i lost my job. trying to get it back.
I really miss working here. I am trying to get back on at this wonderful family of a company. I gave 100% and tend to do that again,
Love the duck
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: you are learning everyday. onsite gym, onsite library, onsite cafeteria and many more...
Cons: you have to go home at the end of the day.
This was the best place to work. I hated that I had to leave there, but I got married and moved away. Great advancement opportunities, great benefits and great co-workers.
Great Company
Accounting Analyst II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 30, 2014
Great company, no negative comments...........................................................................................................................
Great company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), memphis tnJune 25, 2014
Sale managers are wonderful and great to deal with.
Great training in classroom and field.
Hardest part of the job is cold calling.
Working as a temp for Aflac
Accounting Specialist, Communicorp (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: overall: outstanding company
Cons: never be a temp.
Afac is a wonderful company to be a full-time employee. It's a dream company to work for. Their employees are appreciated and they are very much shown. It's really not a company that you would want to be a temp for. I have been a temp for Aflac, on and off for almost 3 full years and have not been taken on as a full-time employee. Temps do not receive – more... any of the benefits that are offered to their employees. – less
Training is limited, but great for self starters. Requires outgoing personality and the ability to talk to a variety of people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2014
Pros: 1st year commission rate is very good and payment is within 24 hrs of business submitted
Cons: requires a lot of cold calls to business
Aflac is a great company and the benefits can really help employees with out of pocket costs for injury or illness. A typical day would be calling on businesses either on the phone or in person to set appointments to talk with the owner about benefits for the employees. This is difficult because Aflac is misunderstood and it takes the business owner – more... to be open minded and willing to listen to how it works.

I set appointments to meet with business owners and conduct presentations to encourage owners to allow me to present to their employees. There is no cost to the business as supplemental insurance premiums are paid by the employee unless the business owner wants to contribute.

The hardest part of the job is setting appointments. It takes about 50 calls to set an appointment with a business owner and most times more than one phone call or personal visit.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the employees about the benefits and how they can help with medical costs and the out of pocket expenses. Also assisting my clients with filling claims and making sure that the claims are paid in a timely manner. – less
Great job with unlimited potential
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJune 20, 2014
Pros: fantastic company
Cons: unless you have your own money to keep you going, it won't work
Aflac is a great job however you are hired as an independent contractor. There is no base compensation.
Day to day required driving your own vehicle (using your own gas) to a vast area of businesses to sell Aflac health insurance products.
The management is great, well trained with personal experience in the field. Training is constant and free. Co – more... workers were always fun to be around and always very helpful.
Hardest part of the job was the expense of doing it, unless you made sells and commission.
Hardest part was realizing that the area I was in was already so saturated. – less
not for everyone
Independent Insurance Consultant (Current Employee), TennesseeJune 18, 2014
If you have tons of friends in business or love to walk door to door asking for meetings then this is the job for you
Please refer to resume
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexibility and people
Cons: im relocating out of state
I enjoyed my time here hoever, I am relocating to San Antonio
Loved the product
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Waverly, OHJune 12, 2014
Great place to work. You where out on your own. I have a disability and have a hard time working full time and driving most of the day. The product is excellent and the management was helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more