Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,432 reviews matching the search
top notch company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 19, 2017
Aflac great reputable company. You are well compensated when writing business. Great opportunity for young person to start career and move into management.
Pros
great company
Cons
commission only
Fun
Owner / Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Great company to work for, it requires dedication all commission-based if you have the money put away to get started then it's a great idea
Great management support and training
Benefits Advisor (Agent) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Great if you are comfortable with cold-calling. Commission only income is just not for everyone. I did not like looking for business and begging people to listen to the opportunity,
Pros
Flexibility, no cap f income if you work hard
Cons
Commission only, cold-calling
The freedom to work on your schedule, as long as you strive make your quota
Representative & Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
If you are a "go getter", and are not deterred by the answer NO, then Aflac may be a right fit for you. The company is wonderful, by providing a need to employees. The pay is good, but cancellations do happen, this is why you have to keep knocking on businesses door until someone says yes. All of these are Cold calls, NO leads, is a hughe downside. Be careful of your manager, they could be cut throat and all about the money you put in his pocket. Not all managers are like that though. You will go through a 2yr training phase with your District Coordinator, my DC flaked out and left me holding the bag and figuring things out as I went. But that doesn't happen most of the time. There is a pattern to what you do, but every situation is different and one companies need will not be another.
Pros
The money is good, but you Have to be a "go getter"
Cons
Hope that your team leader sticks around for all of your training
Productivity
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Great atmosphere. Great Districts and Boss. The only con is that you work commission solely. You do a lot of cold calling and there is a lot of meeting to attend.
okay
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Aflac offers a seemingly great job opportunity if you can handle the high demands for quantity over quality in your performance and customer production.
Challengeing and Rewarding
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Aflac generates an enterprising culture that motivates and prepares you for success. The training provided is based on honesty and integrity providing all the necessary tools to establish the individual as a business owner. I find this to be a company with a lot o potential for growth.
Pros
flexiabilty
Cons
commission pay
Professional and Precise environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Aflac is an extremely ethical and responsible company. It is a profession that serves to clients in a life changing manner.
Pros
Serving to the people of the communities
Cons
inconsistent
Sales
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 8, 2017
No training available.
Independent contractor not an employee.
Must learn products on your own.
Supervisors give minimal support.
They charge for the time, telephone and the desk agent use in the office to do the job.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Must pay for the desk in use
Challenging sales and challenging management environment
Sales Representative/ District & Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 8, 2017
Experienced in calling and establishing multi-state and local business accounts; state and locally assigned account representative; individual door-to-door calls and sales.

Management Skills- District Sales Manager field training over 100 agents, supervised, implemented and exceeded sales goals; Regional Sales Manager supervised and motivated 200 + agents, implemented and exceeded sales goals. Possesses managerial skills, motivates work efforts and clearly outlines expectations. Sales instructor and motivational speaker in formal and informal meetings.

Office Skills- Administrative skills, organizational skills, some digital marketing experience, basic computer knowledge, well able to delegate, hire and release. Experienced writing ability; studied journalism and was editor for 2 years of college newspaper.

Other Skills- Teacher and public speaker on numerous subjects. Represented AFLAC for 3 years as a consultant on designing and creating new innovative products for future markets.I spoke at numerous AFLAC meetings to motivate, inspire and encourage the field force.
Pros
No limit income, self employed, creativity in sales, learning the craft, creativity in motivating and inspiring the sales force to achieve and exceed sales goals
Cons
Self motivated to sell everyday, motivating and inspiriring the sales force to produce is a challenge at times
Very Interesting
Training Manager/ Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 7, 2017
My day with AFLAC was always a challenge, I managed the office
scheduled training and insurance enrollments. It was a job that required you to be at your best, you may be in any company at any given time talking with the CEO or the HR manager selling them on the AFLAC product.

The environment was fun, but serious. I enjoyed working with and for the customers to help them in their time of need. I took pride in my job with AFLAC, I felt I in was my wheelhouse. I am still friends with many of the agents I worked with. I think think the hardest part of my job was closing the sale, but it was rewarding when I did.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
No Health Insurance & Commissioned Based
Good
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work involved working with individuals, children and their families to ensure appropriate services. I learned to be flexible, work hard and ensure appropriate services for individual needs.
Sales
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
If you are a fun, outgoing person who can handle a lot of rejection and go door to door and drive all over town to try and make a sale. Then this job is perfect for you with unlimited earning potential.
Pros
Work when you can
Cons
Commission Only
Horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2017
There was little to no involvement with sales managers while prospecting or learning how to prospect new clients. Management spent 90% of its time working with established reps rather than developing new hires.
Pros
Good Corporate Training
Cons
too many to list
Amazing company to work with and very team oriented
Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Assist with all aspects of administrative management, including but not limited to directory maintenance, logistics, monitoring and coordinating between athletic departments.
Tack Claims for Policyholders and AFLAC Agents.
Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Word Processing, Internet, email, copier and fax. Answering telephone, faxes and email correspondences.
Greeting customers and serving as the liaison for office visitors.
Organization of office supplies and collecting/distributing mail and
adhering to HIPPA Laws, standards and requirements.
Pros
Semi flexible house
Cons
no benefits
It was ok. Nothing spectacular
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211February 1, 2017
You will only make money here if you are an agent full time. Otherwise, assistants and etc do not make money. But they are all nice people, but keep looking trust me
Great company!
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Aflac is a great company to work for. Competitive environment where growth is dependent on the work you put in. Geared for highly motivated individuals who are looking to get out of their work what they put into it.
Pros
Great compensation, make your own schedule
Cons
No set workplace
laughable
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Upstate NYFebruary 1, 2017
Don't give up your day job. One issue after another with DSC and RSC and received a lot of conflicting information. Get ready to shell out a lot of money for start up with very little to absolutely ZERO retuRN!
Outside sales only
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 31, 2017
Most areas are already saturated with Aflac agents and companies are sick of seeing Aflac come through the door. Getting past the gate keeper is a huge issue especially when you need to get to the decision-maker.
Pros
Create your own work schedule
Cons
Very difficult to close deals
It was good, but I'm not a salesperson!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I mostly was in the training part but did go out and try to set up appointments so I could explain Aflac to the owners of the businesses, and I had fun doing that and meeting new people. However, I just learned that I am just not a salesperson, and the drive to the office for the meeting was dangerous and with three young kids, I just could not to the chance.
Pros
I could set my own hours
Cons
You have to be born a salesperson and have what it takes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.