Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,069 reviews
Good job
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2016
Great opportunity but not enough good leads in my area. Very oversaturated with current clients. Management was great! Great commissions.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
No Base Salary
Great place to work for 35 years.
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 3, 2016
Overall I have nothing bad to say about Aflac. The company was good to me as an independent contractor, as well as a Corporate employee.
Pros
INdependendece, and a fun place to work
Cons
May have gotten lost in a massive management shuffle, and didn't feel good about that.
Typical day at work
Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
At Aflac you are an Independent Contractor. Depending on the day, meaning if there were meetings or not depends on the activity. However, I would put my children on the bus and then hit the ground running. I would go from business to business to attempt to speak to the business owners. If reached, I would schedule an appointment to be able to sit down in front of them and anyone else who makes decisions with their healthcare. Then I would b=move to the next business. At times, I partnered up with another co worker and times I worked alone. There are benefits to both. I enjoyed being able to have a back up person in case I was under the weather and she/he could jump in and work as a team. Other times I enjoyed working by myself. It was great with the flexibility as I was able to make my own schedule.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
Comission based only
A good career for a hard working person
Account Manager / Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2016
This is not an easy job. A lot of prospecting, sales calls, and business to business sales. It includes all the tasks of a regular sales job with the perks of making connections with local business in the community. You get all the training you need and if you're lucky you will get a good manager. Family like environment at work so there is always someone to motivate you. Must have thick skin.
Great workplace, but need a car to do well.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Good solid company which gives you the education to succeed. Sales is hard work. Must have a disciplined lifestyle and a well prepared network of friends and professional contacts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Need vehicle
excellent compay to work for
Broker Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 28, 2016
My experience with Aflac the last four years has been great. If you have what it takes to get things done, this is the job for you.
Not for everyone, can be successful
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJanuary 28, 2016
AFLAC is a unique opportunity for the right person. It helps tremendously if you know a lot of people. Although you can make it working with smaller companies, you really need to 'land a big one' to give yourself the cash flow needed to maintain.
Aflac
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Aflac was a great place to work with a positive working environment. Managers and co-workers were very helpful and encouraging. It also included special training by the Regional Sales Coordinator to help us be better agents.
Aflac is a great place to build your own business and a ethical company that really does care.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 27, 2016
The management is hands on with training and have classes 3 times a week before going out and cold calling business the rest of the day. The team energy is unbelievable! I have learned a lot about sales psychology and asking open ended questions to acquire information about a prospective client. The hardest part of the job is the knocking on 40 to 50 different business doors and trying to convince them to allow you to speak to the owner or president of the company. Another difficulty is the not knowing when your next pay day will be, due to the fact that it is commission only. However the best part of the job is the satisfaction you get when a person is in dire need of their money from their policies and and you are able to give them the assurance that it is going to be there and help them so they won't have to miss paying rent or car payment etc.
Pros
Working with different types of people
Cons
No benefits and commission only
Positive Recognition and Opportunities to Advance
AFLAC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Aflac is by far the best employer I have ever had the privilege to work for. Not only were my fellow coworkers friendly and helpful, every single supervisor and manager was always looking for and encouraging ways in which the employees may advance their positions and their careers.
Hard work is always worth is and is always recognized!
AWFUL. Terrible, greedy management.
Regional Admin (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 26, 2016
I worked at an Aflac regional office located in Centennial, CO. For your sake, DO NOT accept an interview there. They will lure you in with "flexibility" and "make as much as you want".
Its a contractor position, you have to study and take the state insurance licensure test in order to become "part of the team".
Some people worked from 5 AM till 6 PM at night, because all you do is cold calling businesses and trying to sell them insurance, which no one wants. It's only supplemental insurance, not major.

I would hear the District and Regional managers discussing how they need to get more people on their teams so they can make more money this coming quarter, because $200,000 a year wasn't enough yet. One of them specifically said " If I wanted to, I could take a year off and just lay on a beach in the Bahamas and still make 100K"

This is the biggest pyramid scheme out there. They get anyone they can to slap a license on and then count them an "employee". I've worked with some unprofessional people who came in hoodies and jeans to work while I was there.
I felt bad for those poor people dressed nicely waiting patiently to be interviewed, I just wanted to tell them to run away because they have been tricked into coming here by empty promises.

THIS IS AN INSURANCE SALES AGENCY. That's all you do, they hire you and you up-sell indecent policies to businesses. And the managers get 10% of the commission you make!

So basically, you have to get a license (which is an 8 hour class and a 3 hour test), then you have to hit a certain quota so the managers can profit off
  more... of you, and all you get are the possibility to go on a company trip or earn a prize if you do REALLY well, I haven't seen many people get that far.

You have bi-weekly motivation meetings because everyone wants to quit after the second day, so good luck with that! The manager is an unprofessional woman who loves acting like she cares when all she really wants is to turn you into a money bag for her own profit.
Pros
Work when you want I guess?
Cons
Too many. Poor management, ponzy scheme, constant meetings, independent contractor, drive around all day
Good Company
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Good Company to work for tough for someone with little or no savings as this position is strictly commission. Cold calling from sales genie lists no real leads.
Pros
Own Business
Cons
commission only
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 22, 2016
lots of room for earning potential. flexible work schedules. great athmoshphere and opportunities for career advancement
Pros
flexible work schedules, unlimited earning potential
Fun working place
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Good boss; maintained daily office procedures and data entry; provided customer services and set up an appointment or meeting.
great product love working there
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day would be contacting prospects
Enrolling new accounts
Learn a great deal about conducting sales meetings and about the health insurance industry.
I love learning new things!
Pros
Lots of people time, travel to new places.
Cons
No base salary.
Aflac
Second Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2016
Aflac is a strong organization with outstanding leadership. A very paternal culture. They have a difficult time with holding employees accountable for performance.
Independent work / work from home
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day is very hard and long. I work independently. I enjoy meeting possible clients and exploring the city . The hardest part of my day is not making a sell.
Pros
GREAT COMPANY
Cons
COMMISSION ONLY POSITION
Turnover on agents is rapid
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 18, 2016
This wasn't a great experience. Training was rushed. Not much support was offered from management. They hire too many people at once, and, they soon quit because they're not making it. There is no base pay, you work on commissions only.
Productive and fun workplace
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJanuary 18, 2016
I was on Wall Street for 28 years. Although I enjoyed working for AFLAC , I really need a fixed salary and a benefits package. I look forward to returning to the business I enjoy doing the most.
Self motivated workplace with room for advancement
Prospecting and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day consists of prospecting cold and warm leads, servicing existing accounts, setting appointments and doing presentations. The hardest aspect of the job is getting an appointment scheduled with a client. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is educating a potential on their options for supplemental insurance that will assist them in the event of an accident or illness.
Pros
unlimited income potential
Cons
scheduling and closing appointments