Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Potential for success but an unstable source of income
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 23, 2014
For a job that largely relies on cold calls and who you know, I found that Aflac at first can be very difficult. Not many people want to talk to an insurance salesman. However, given hard work and perseverance, there is great potential for success.
Great Self-employment Opportunity
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FloridaDecember 21, 2014
This is a great company to work for it you're a self-starter looking to be your own boss. Excellent opportunities to be as successful as you want to be. Make your own schedule and allows you to balance family and career. It is always great to be able to help someone financially with our products when they have experienced an unexpected medical event.
Sales job, not for everyone, straight commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee), SCDecember 19, 2014
It's not for everyone, but for the people who can handle the door to door sales, then they can make a descent living. It's hard to find new clients because there are many agents saturating the limited supply of clients.
Nice office
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee), Bayside, NYDecember 19, 2014
Its fun to work with the coworkers. the hardest thing working for this organization is compensation. It was a commission based career.
Great to work environment.
System Security Administator (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 11, 2014
Great to work environment. The employees are great. Great to work environment.
Good longtime, terrible short term
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), MassachusettsDecember 6, 2014
It's a great long-term employer, but several hurdles led me to quit after a couple of months.

Foremost of these was that upper-middle management thought it ideal to have me work out of an office 2 hours (and states) away from where i was living (one way), covering my home state.
The second major issue was that it turned out to be essentially a telemarketing – more... position.
Another being there was little-to-no training and what training there was was massively repetitive.

People working there were awesome!
I did learn more about insurance than i ever had before, which led me to believe more fervently it's nothing more than a legalized Ponzi scheme society would be functionless without. – less
A Great Place to Scrape Your Knuckles
Licensed Independent Agent (Current Employee), Dallas TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss and very much in control of your own destiny!
Cons: you are on your own, minimal support!
If you're a "get in there and get it done" type, you will succeed.
AFLAC
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: there was no free luches. i took a lunch at different times each day.
Cons: just management changes
A typical day began with prospecting business for product presentation. How to call on businesses without reservation

Management changed frequently.

Did not have much contact with other associates because we
were assigned different territories.

The changing of management so frequently which a was a problem with each one having a different way of – more... managing.

The best part was the prospecting and meeting new people. – less
The best place to work
Regional Administrator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: some days were slower than others
Responsibilities included, overseeing 65+ employees, data entry, weekly reports, helping customers file claims, answer phones, inventory control, recruiting, interview scheduling, maintain over 1,700 accounts, and setting up regional (65+ in attendance) and state meetings (300+ in attendance).
Productive company with a great start at life
Marketing-Sales Agent / Personal Account Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GANovember 26, 2014
Aflac is a great company to work for, unfortunately selling life and health insurance was not for me. Due to me being a single mother of a son with medical fragile needs.
AFLAC
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2014
Typical day at work...you must be self driven to got out there and make the contacts you need. I enjoy working here, but my passion lies in other realms of customer service. I would encourage anyone who has a desire for variety to join the AFLAC team.
Aflac is a phenomenal company
Claims (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 25, 2014
This is the BEST company Ive worked for yet!! The HQ are in Columbus GA. We had employee appreciation week not day, we played games the company put together, we had family day each year where you picked family tickets to Six Flags, Dave and Busters, movies, skating, Wild waves, etc. W e received profit sharing checks each November that was like 1100 – more... but 600 after taxes. :( All in all awesome place if you can handle to stress of a call center. – less
Fun to work at. Good intensives
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good training good food
Cons: turn downs and no pay
I went out cold calling talking to businesses about how to help them improve their benefits. I learned that cold calling is hard work and it is not for everyone. With this position I was my own manager I set my own time to work and set my own pace. I went out with different agents and we worked together learning each others selling techniques to sell – more... the products. The hardest part of the job is the rejections and trying to overcome them. The best part of the jobs is competing for different incentives. – less
Great culture
Intern, Strategy and Execution Management Office (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 18, 2014
I worked as an intern in the strategy department. I got to work with a bunch of extremely talented and smart people. The company treats its employees like family and the culture is collaborative instead of competitive or cut throat.
good for working with people
Insurance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oldsmar,FLNovember 18, 2014
Hard to make money, especially after Obama Care. Lots of cold calling and door to door to generate business. Plenty have hard work for potentially no gain.
A scam.
Insurance agent (Former Employee), Naperville, ILNovember 17, 2014
Company makes you pay to get your license and does not assist for expenses.
Branding, advertising, market research, product development,
Manager, Marketing Insights (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: the job, colleagues, work culture, market research
• Responsible for leading simultaneous projects with internal clients working with external research partners/vendors and advertising/media/digital agencies. Experience with ad/copy/product concept testing, consumer and employer segmentations, brand positioning, product development, and brand health equity/tracking. Responsible for all aspects of project – more... management-conceptualization, project execution, survey design and methodology, data analysis, report writing, strategic recommendations, and presenting key business insights to executive clients to guide strategic decisions.
• Responsible for all branding research, advertising testing and consultation with executives and external agencies.
• Lead brand health tracking to measure consideration and purchase intent guiding marketing initiatives from communicating not just awareness but to communicating what Aflac sells and why Aflac matters to consumers and employers
• Worked closely with product marketing and product development to enhance or develop products and product features to remain competitive in the industry. Being a team player throughout the product pipeline. – less
Basis on Commissions
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2014
- Present to businesses about the value of different plans that could benefit their companies
- Present and meet one on one with individuals about their specific insurance needs depending
on health, family history, and other factors
- Assist HR person with the documentation for payroll deductions
- Keep records and do inventories
- Network at events – more... and develop new resources – less
Productive and fun place to work
Accounting Specialist III (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 12, 2014
Working Monday thru Friday is the best schedule, I have my own desk, computer, and direct phone line.
Great oppurnituty for someone with Children
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, NJNovember 7, 2014
Great Oppurtinuity with Flexable hours. Aloows the freedom to meet people and try and help their businesses.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more