Aflac Employee Review

Great Company, Management /Culture Hit and Miss at Regional/District levels
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 8, 2014
A typical workday is spent getting out with the goal to meet business owners and set appointments to get 5-15 minutes of their time, then trying to get the owner interested and setting another meeting with their employees.

If running actual appointments, your goal is simply to educate the employer/employees on how Aflac works. Honestly, it doesn't require high pressure or complicated sales tactics because it just makes so much sense (to me at least).

I learned better time management and how to manage myself and my own activities when there's no one there to tell me what to do and when to do it.

The co-workers most important are management as each office is run by one Regional Sales Coordinator (RSC) and up to a dozen or more District Sales Coordinators (DSC). The RSC is the business owner and hires the DSCs, who in turn hires and trains those they see fit or those hired and assigned to them by the RSC, so an office with strong leadership will do well... theoretically.

The hardest part of the job is properly managing your day: you have to get out, you have to knock on doors and you have to be persistent.

The most enjoyable part of the job is truly helping people in need.
Pros
Unlimited income, ability to be your own boss
Cons
No guaranteed income or benefits, training/management hit-and-miss

Other Aflac Employee Reviews

Manager-Tax (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 21, 2017
It's a dynamic company undergoing some structural changes. After 60 years in insurance, there is an effort to modernize functions and disciplines to take the risks required to stay competitive.
Productive and fun work environment
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 18, 2017
Loved developing my entrepreneur skills, as well as helping others bring peace of mind into their lives. Great team environment, as well as a way to become self made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.