Aflac Employee Reviews in United States

Showing all 1,158 reviews
Used to be a great place to work..going down hill
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2016
Aflac was a great place to work. Hired too many people over the years, too many departments doing the same thing. Leadership shouldn't be in the roles they play. No room for growth. Promotions are given based on the buddy system.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No room for growth, very unorganized, no structure, processes all over the place
This job was a self-motivated job where employees were out in the field on a daily basis
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 28, 2016
Working for Alfac was a good experience but there was no motivation for a consistent daily routine. It was a great environment with nice people who I enjoyed working with. Management was successful but most of their employees weren't. The area of Pittsburgh is so saturated that it was not easy convincing companies to buy Alfac products.
Pros
Great management and friendly people.
Cons
I prefer and office job with structure and plans.
San Luis Obispo County Probation
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Five CitiesJune 23, 2016
This was my favorite job. The work was extremely rewarding and challenging, advancement was encouraged and supported and the pay was nice.
Pros
I enjoyed serving the community and working with the Court systems.
Cons
Commute.
extremely diverse and positive work environment.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 22, 2016
When I came to work, I logged into my computer to receive claims, insurance claims documentation, and customer inquires as needed.
If you are great marketing person, you'll do great if you very competitive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
I agree that it is great company based on how they take care of the employee who obtain a certain level within the structure, The rewards are great for meeting certain goal financial goals.
I love this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 20, 2016
Company is Top Notch and it all revolves around your people skills and how well you deal in a team environment and how well you are at listening and following directions but for the most part this company Rocks and more ways then one can imagine
Pros
Team Spirit
Just bad
Independent Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 20, 2016
I tried this for 10 months. Upline likes to take your commision but at same time says they want you to succeed. Big joke in my opinion. Ill never do it again nor would I ever recommend anyone I care about.
Loved but hard on checkbook
INDEPENDANT INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2016
I really love this job but there is a lot of cold calling. It isn't so bad but after a while all the no's and swear words and hang ups get to you. There isn't constant pay because its commission only. I like my direct manager and higher management. At a regional level is where the issues lie. You can be working your tail off but it is never good enough. They say that there is always someone there to help, but that isn't always true. After about 2-3 months, you are thrown out there on your own and then its hard because you ask for help and it doesn't come. Makes for a hard working life. Yes it is about the bottom line for yourself and of course it trickles upwards, but when you are trying so hard, not getting anywhere and then getting nastygrams on top of that... It hurts. I love my other agents, it isn't a dog eat dog world with them, its great! The cold calling and failing at that is the worst and hardest part of the job. It hurts your confidence, a lot. The really nice thing about this job is that because you are technically independent you can take time to go to the doctor, soccer games things like that. As long as you aren't gone all the time and pulling your weight it is great! Any other job makes that a bit harder to do things like that.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Cold Calling
productive and wonderful work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 9, 2016
Aflac really cares about the employees. If I wasn't moving I would never leave. Aflac gives all employees bonuses, annual raises, and wonderful pay.
Pros
free lunches, daycare, and local discounts for companies.
Cons
late night schedules.
Wonderful Company
Electronic File Tester (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 9, 2016
The management, compensation and overall atmosphere was great at Aflac! Everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I was a temporary employee but I was treated as if I was part of the family.
A lot of work with little reward
Independent agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76164June 8, 2016
I have worked there for a year. It ebbs and flows. You only get paid if you sign someone up. If that person you sign up gets fired before they have paid in for the year. Aflac will take money away from you. You do not get paid for time and effort, nor do you get reimbursed for gas mileage. You have more money going out then coming in.
Pros
You control your schedule
Cons
Little to no pay
A great place to work if you never want to leave Columbus.
Operations Analyst, Level II & III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here right out of college. It gave me a great place to learn about the corporate life. As someone who wanted to move up in the company it was a poor time to be there.
Flexible, Potential for high earrning income if driven and self motivated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2016
Aflac is a great company overall. It has a strong quality product and business structure. With that being said, you will do a lot of cold calling in the beginning unless you know a lot of people. The training is great but you are not compensated for the travel and such. You are building your business in the first year so unless you land a large account, you may not make much. And then if you do not have any support from your team leader, then it is can be difficult for you to get ahead. Management is where the income is.
Pros
Flexible, make own schedule
Cons
No type of medical insurance, Lots of cold calling
Outstanding Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 30, 2016
If you are looking for a beginning sales job, this is a great company to get your start. You earn as much as you are willing to work and advancement opportunities are abound.
Fantastic Products, fun place to work.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
I have been an agent for Aflac for a few months. Building your business can take some time but the people are great. The management are great. The hardest part of this job is the Cold Calling.
Pros
Love the Products
Cons
takes a while for your to get enough income to live on, about a year.
Fun environment
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NCMay 23, 2016
With AFLAC I set my own hours to work but it was only commission based pay. If you don't work you don't get paid. But overall AFLAC is a wonderful company to work for if you are a single person with no kids.
Enjoyed the flexibility.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed the flexibility of working with aflac, however I need something more stable and guaranteed. The people are wonderful and I truly believe in the aflac products.
I love working here
Executive Benefits Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2016
AFLAC is an amazing company. Work,life, balance is a major plus for me. I am able to juggle my busy life while working for the company.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
no comission base
A lot of cold calling
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2016
Work for yourself and by yourself most of the time.
You will have to find your own lead, receiving zero help from management.
Pros
Cons
a lot of cold calls, commission only
Great to work your own hours.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 19, 2016
The problem is that it is a very seasonal job. Insurance industry is active from November to March. After that point, it slows down. At this point I have relocated to Tennessee and want to start over. I have family here and would like to start a new career here.
Pros
Working your own hours s great.
Cons
When people don't pay there premium, you get charge back on your commissions.