Aflac

Aflac United States Employee Reviews

Helps individuals and familys financially
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Independent agent
Cons: none
Aflac provides the much needed cash that claims out of pocket expenses during unexpected health events and accidents.
Wouldn't work for commision based only again
Agent (Former Employee), Salisbury, MarylandApril 16, 2015
Very difficult to make any money because the Regional Manager would never give a straight answer and I never made a dime the full year I worked for them.
Fun meetings
Recruiter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2015
Pros: residual income, travel
Cons: I worked with no license never got paid
I could set my own schedule , work when I wanted, a typical work day for me would be sitting at a desk , making phone calls, scheduling appointments with my clients
Great company to work for. Company is expanding rapidly
Accounting Specialist II/Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Excellent benefits and compensation
A typical day at work is fun and upbeat. This is a company where it is easy to be promoted as long as you come to work and simply do your job.
Great job if you have other income source.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: travel, meet new people
Cons: no guaranteed pay
This is the perfect job for someone with plenty of money to start off. It was a sales position for a product many people felt that they didn't need. The market I was a part of had been over saturated that cause a lack of income to new agents.
Fun fast paced environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule
Cons: there are some slow days
A place where the sky is the limit in earnings! I once made $1500 in one day. The hardest part of the job is finding that business owner that will say yes.
Fun place to work
Licensed Independent Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Altoona, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: commission
Very flexible to your schedule. People are very friendly and outgoing. However, need more managers in the field for training.
Good company
None (Current Employee), ColumbusApril 13, 2015
Pros: EAW
Aflac is a Fortune 120 company that still has a family feel. They do a tremendous job of giving back to the community. They have approximately 3500 employees in the Columbus, GA area with other operations locations in Columbia, SC, New York, NY, Upstate NY and Omaha, NE.
Very energetic group of people, very positive environment
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 13, 2015
Pros: Very positive work environment, great product
Cons: 100% commission
My coworkers are great, they all know how to have fun and they are very good at what they do. Aflac is a great company that takes care of their policyholders and has a very good product to sell.
sales and service
Independent Sales REP (Former Employee), Margate, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great Company structure and support
Cons: 100% commission
Excellent company helping workers get extra benefits through payroll deductions tp enhance their current health insurance programs for them and their families
A great place to work for.
Human Resource Regional Administrator & Recruiter (Current Employee), Burbank, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: flexible time, friendly environment
This place has great people to work with. That is my most enjoyable part of the job.
I work Monday to Friday from 8am-7pm. The time is really flexible.
Very good company to work for with good work/family life balance
Producer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great work/family life balance
Cons: All commission based
Aflac is a well recognized company with a full array of supplemental insurance products most people need. As a Producer, I find my typical day to be on the phone prospecting and talking with prospective business owners/managers about our Company's products and learning about the needs of their employees. I'll also spend time visiting prospective businesses, presenting the Aflac product suite of services to employees. I'll also follow up with existing employees, cross sell additional Aflac products/services and will occasionally have to handle a policy holder claim.

The most difficult part of the job is getting appointments with prospective businesses. The best part is that each day is different and you can earn as much as you want, depending on how hard you work. I also get to meet a lot of new, interesting business owner, employees on a weekly basis.
Account Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Salary, health benefits and vacation package, 401K.
Cons: No room for advancement at the New York Office.
Great atmosphere, pleasant co-workers and awesome management team. During the time at Aflac, I learned a variety of office skills as well as communication skills.
Aflac
Consulting Specialist (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: good beneifts
Cons: poor pay structure
Aflac is a good company to work for. I am seeking a job out of state to be with my family in Boston. If you like to travel and meet new people this is the job for you.
Management showed poor leadership skills
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSApril 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commission pay only
Management are also heavily involved in sales which make them competitive with those they are assigned to lead. Made two attempts to establish a productive relationship with trainers, both were unsuccessful. New agents are required to give trainers a percentage of all sales and are more than likely not equipped with the required laptop and software provided by the company at a monthly cost to agents.
Best Insurance Co to work for
Software Tester II (Former Employee), Columbia,SCApril 6, 2015
Enjoyed my tenure with Aflac, executive management went out of their way to make the work environment and experience a good fit for all employees.
productive and fun workplace
Claims Specialist I, Cancer (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 5, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits, they care about their employees and the morale of the company is very high.
No complaints
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2015
They offered a lot of different positions, allotted for promotions when you put the work in, and treated even lower-level employees well.
Easy place to work, but 100% compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 31, 2015
Got to set own schedule, but 100% commission, you don't work, you don't make money. Everyone there was friendly, Need to make cold calls a lot.
good working environment
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
It take a lot of self motivation and determination and a great attitude to sell insurance also you must priorities. its nice to work as a team. You win some and you lose some.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries