Aflac Employee Reviews in United States

Showing all 1,202 reviews
Excellent Company with Job Security
Customer Service Representative II, Aflac (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a customer service representative with Aflac. I answered calls regarding supplemental insurance policies. The job was challenging because there are no breaks in between calls, calls are monitored and must be completed within a certain timeframe. Nevertheless, these are common procedures amongst most call centers. The managers are extremely helpful and supportive, and it is easy to establish business "friendships" with employees. The benefits are phenomenal. The only reason why I left was to complete my education. I would be happy to return to Aflac.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant inbound calls
Productive work environment with constant growth in the company
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
* always opportunities to cross train within the department
* management always willing to help you advance
* large fortune 500 company with constant changes and growth opportunity
* I loved working for a company that was very diverse
Pros
growth opportunity, always celebrating the employees and their hardwork
Cons
constant changes to business processes made day to day work difficult at times
Productive and Enjoyable to come to work
Receptionist/Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my position with Aflac, as well as my employer.
He was a wonderful person and treated me well as an
employee. He was easy person to work for. I learned how to recuit agents for Aflac and I enjoyed the process. Bobby made the process of learning the programs easy. I loved the job and was sorry that the position was over.
Pros
I received a free lunch once
Cons
Happy to be employed even for part time.
Great Company and great people
Agent (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 13, 2016
Made 50 cold phone calls a day, drove around for 2-4 hours prospecting, and followed up to approaches previously made. Then I would input the data into Everwell. Time management helped with keeping everything on track. The Management or Regional Sales Coordinator was super to work with. All of the agents within our district were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid on a weekly bases, it was strictly commission only. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working with other agents.
Pros
Worked when I wanted
Cons
Commission only
Supportive Work Culture
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 14, 2016
Aflac espouses a culture of integrity and support, from customer claims to support for its associates.

I found the people I worked with genuinely cared about their customers and those they worked with. While the culture was competitive and driven towards consistent excellence, people went out of their way to help each other.

The hardest part of the job was the daily grind of cold-call sales. The people I worked with made this enjoyable. Plus, sales training was excellent.
Pros
excellent training, supportive environment, income potential
Cons
Commission only
Not for the faint hearted. No pain, no gain.
SALES (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK - Atlanta Ga - Private officeAugust 24, 2016
The review I m providing has a snapshot of having been an Aflac Agent for only 8 months.

Typical day: In the car, heading to make cold calls to 20-30 businesses a day that I have researched before making.

I learned that it is all up to me, in the end, in this Industry, or any other. Something I have actually known for a few decades.

I do not have co-workers. There are people that work in Aflac that I am familiar with but work on my own.

Hardest part of job is the only part that matters. Making call after call until an enrollment is booked for a business that I have attracted to Aflac.

Most enjoyable part? Booking business, getting paid.
Pros
Own work schedule
Cons
Distractions that attract me to not make the number of calls I intend to each day
Productive, hard working, and fun work environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJuly 8, 2016
It is nice being my own boss, but time management is the key to success. I have learned a lot about sales and the insurance business. My co-workers are great and the management is great as well. The hardest part of the job is to get decision makers to understand the need for Aflac and how important it can be for the employees. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people and knowing I am making some part of their life more comforting.
Challenging work enviroment without a lot of support
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
You often feel like you're working for free. UNPAID training is REQUIRED, and is 60+ hours. Some managers seem really helpful, but some are only interested in who can make them money. They get commission from your sales too... You're told sales experience isn't necessary but it's completely, 100% a sales job. Leads are NOT given, as you're lead to believe in the initial interviews. Once you're trained, you're very much on your own, or sometimes paired up with another sales person with just as little experience as you.
Pros
able to create your own hours
Cons
commision only
Great place to work. Fun environment
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day for me would consist of prospecting for 4 to 5 hr, then make follow up calls to some of my warm leads. The point of which I'm hoping to schedule a appointment to meet with the decision maker. Typically we have meetings once a week to update us on the latest policy changes and or updates. We do some training. It's a lot of fun.
Pros
Freedom to work your own schedule. You get out what you put in.
Cons
Cold calling
This job was a self-motivated job where employees were out in the field on a daily basis
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 28, 2016
Working for Alfac was a good experience but there was no motivation for a consistent daily routine. It was a great environment with nice people who I enjoyed working with. Management was successful but most of their employees weren't. The area of Pittsburgh is so saturated that it was not easy convincing companies to buy Alfac products.
Pros
Great management and friendly people.
Cons
I prefer and office job with structure and plans.
Aflac
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CTJuly 20, 2016
Aflac is an awesome company to work for. However, it is very hard work. It is basically running your own business. Therefore you must be dedicated and hardworking for it to pay off. The biggest thing in this business is to be extremely organized. The pay is great once you get to the point of helping people when you sign them up for one of Aflac's many policies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Commission based
AFLAC is a great company with many incentives
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Aflac. I truly believe in the company and everything I do for them. As an Independant agent, I qualify businesses that are willing to offer supplemental insurance to their employees, so they are able to offer some financial security at a discounted rate on all policies. I enroll employees and help them file claims.
Flexible, Potential for high earrning income if driven and self motivated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2016
Aflac is a great company overall. It has a strong quality product and business structure. With that being said, you will do a lot of cold calling in the beginning unless you know a lot of people. The training is great but you are not compensated for the travel and such. You are building your business in the first year so unless you land a large account, you may not make much. And then if you do not have any support from your team leader, then it is can be difficult for you to get ahead. Management is where the income is.
Pros
Flexible, make own schedule
Cons
No type of medical insurance, Lots of cold calling
Very good Team of leaders
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 5, 2016
The training team is a very well oiled machine. Wish there was more time in a day to go to businesses. Very demanding work hours not suitable for one income families. You should be good at sales. Also be comfortable at bombarding businesses multiple times. They are a great company to work for just not my gig.
Pros
Very good training
Cons
not working for your self it is very demanding
Fair when assisting employees and nice people to work with
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 17, 2016
*•Provide efficient and effective customer service; cross sell Bank products and services.
•Assist customers with inquiries; open and close accounts; maintain files.
•Act as supervisor when Branch Manager is out of the office.
•Keep current on Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
•Perform monthly audits on Teller cash boxes, the vault and ATM.

*Customer Service Skills

*Good

*Great

*Learning the various bank products

*Assisting customers
Great Learing Opportunity
Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 12, 2016
This is not a regular job. Aflac provides you with training but you are an independent sales agent meaning you are responsible for your own income. If you do not go out and make cold calls on your own and try to sell their products you WILL NOT succeed in this business.
Pros
Make your own schedule, lots of potential
Cons
No benefits, no regular pay all commission
A lot of work with little reward
Independent agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76164June 8, 2016
I have worked there for a year. It ebbs and flows. You only get paid if you sign someone up. If that person you sign up gets fired before they have paid in for the year. Aflac will take money away from you. You do not get paid for time and effort, nor do you get reimbursed for gas mileage. You have more money going out then coming in.
Pros
You control your schedule
Cons
Little to no pay
Infrastructure Needed
Independent Health Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2016
AFLAC is hands down one of the best and most ethical companies for which to work. However, where the brand excels the infrastructure of the weekly operations leaves a great deal to be desired especially in the way of training. As a new employee the expectations were not as clearly conveyed as one might hope also, the compensation structure is explained to the new hires in a way which seems to be most confusing and difficult to comprehend with much of the staff espousing differing opinions on any given topic.
Pros
Freedom, flexibility, compensation, culture.
Cons
Chaotic, disorganized, unclear.
Very organized company that loves its employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2016
I will honestly say that Aflac was the best company I have ever worked for and I am definitely going to strive to get back there once my health is stabilized. They treat their customers and employees with respect and I love that! It was a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches, free events, regular gifts
Used to be a great place to work..going down hill
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2016
Aflac was a great place to work. Hired too many people over the years, too many departments doing the same thing. Leadership shouldn't be in the roles they play. No room for growth. Promotions are given based on the buddy system.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No room for growth, very unorganized, no structure, processes all over the place