Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,696 reviews matching the search
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJuly 28, 2017
Advised business clients on the advantages of using a supplementary insurance. Worked with existing and new business clients to find a solution for their insurance needs.

Great Place to work, enjoyable atmosphere working with clients.
Pros
Was a flexible working enviroment
Cons
new clients a huge challange with area well saturated.
Commission Sales is for the Birds
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 28, 2017
Someone who is good at commission sales will find this review the opposite of their experience. I do not have the killer instinct that you need to pressure someone into buying a product. I spent more money on car maintenance than salary in one month.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
No sales = no money
Not for most
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2017
This job is taxing on the mind and can be the most stressful thing ever. The uncertainty of a paycheck is the most crucial aspect and the reason why I can't recommend it to anyone. Unless you go into this job knowing of multiple companies that want to make supplemental healthcare available to their employees, than I can't advise doing it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard to sell, odd training, no given accounts
Great manager
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 26, 2017
I worked under some members from Marietta Country Club so we already had a previous relationship which made my job less stressful and more laid back. Lots of cold calling and walking into businesses but it was a doable job.
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 26, 2017
Strong training and support provides you with an opportunity to earn what you are worth. Hardest part of the job is learning to deal with sales rejection. Best part of the job is having the opportunity to offer a product that truly helps people.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 25, 2017
Good company, great benefits to offer. Difficult market to work in. Must be fully committed and willing to go without a steady income. On the plus side there are great bonuses if you can reach the goals and a pretty good team to help with anything you need.
Productive and Rewarding Career
Independent Agent/Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 25, 2017
Typical Day at work revolves mostly around prospecting it can be on the phone or in person. Some time during the day is also committed to assisting current policy holders with filing claims. I've learned a sales system and how to become a trusted adviser. The hardest part of the job is the prospecting. Ninety-Nine percent of what we do is cold calling. I have learned how to market myself and seek referrals as this makes this process much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my policy holder's receive their claims checks and what it means to them and what a help it is to them.
Pros
Helping people, being a trusted adviser, your time is your own.
Cons
No salary, No benefits..
Fun place to work if you can make a living.
Aflac Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 24, 2017
You must generate leads inside your area and outside your area. The market is that saturated. You can see it in a prospect's eyes - you must be the 15 AFLAC agent I've seen.
Pros
Respected company.
Cons
You must make a living.
Productive and Fun Place
Account Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 22, 2017
Overall working for the company is a great joy. I would recommend the opportunity to pretty much everyone. All jobs have the same pros and cons so I won't go into details. I am just grateful to have a job in this job market.
Flexible schedule but difficult to start
Independent Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 22, 2017
Required using and marketing to wide variety of friends, family, and connections. This resulted in a certain degree of mistrust, as family and friends were consistently suspicious that I was using them for marketing purposes only. I did not like to betray my friends' trust like that.
Pros
Working for self allowed for flexible hours
Cons
No healthcare or employee benefits
Great company
Medical Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2017
Love the atmosphere and the benefits. EAW is employee appreciation week. Lots of fun! They empower their employees. Easily move up. I would love to come back and work for this company again.
Pros
Benefits, pay, and EAW week
Cons
Calls back to back during holidays
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2017
- Fast pace and constantly on the phone giving customer service
- Management is not experienced to work in the work environment we are in.
- I enjoy speaking my first language
- Do not like the impersonal feed back
Pros
Insurance discounts
Cons
Schedules
Great opportunity with unlimited commissions potential
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at AFLAC would include prospecting, either in person or by phone, setting appointments and then giving employer presentations in order to open an account. Once opened, supplemental insurance product presentations are either given individually or in a group setting with enrollment as soon as possible.

This job teaches you the importance of being self-motivated and disciplined. Proper time management is key to a successful career at AFLAC.

The Management team at AFLAC has always been supportive of us as individuals and as a team.

The hardest part of the job is convincing employers to open accounts as this takes practice.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make your own schedule.
Pros
Make your own flexible schedule, unlimited income potential, premiere provider of supplemental benefits.
Cons
Agents are 1099 independent contractors, must make estimated tax payments on your own, banks want to see 2 years steady 1099 income to approve for mortgage.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2017
A career with Aflac is like a rollercoaster. Some months you make the money you feel like you should be making and some months you make nothing at all. You really have to be financially stable throughout the whole process.
Insurance sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZJuly 20, 2017
You are your own boss working on your own schedule. Up front premium commissions are good but it takes a long time to build a client list and residual income.
Pros
set your own hours and schedule
Cons
It takes a long time to build a decent income. pay all your own expenses
My absolute favorite job!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCJuly 20, 2017
This was my favorite job! I loved every aspect of my roles and responsibilities, even the cold calling of potential agents. I enjoyed managing the office and having people rely on me.
Very supportive company.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 20, 2017
My experience with AFLAC was great. Although the experience was very different from my previous work experiences, they provided training and mentoring from staff and supervisors.
Pros
AFLAC cares about their employees.
Cons
Daily traveling with your vehicle is not compensated.
Again, this was a waste of time
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 20, 2017
Indeed is requiring a second review of AFLAC. I was too kind in my original. This is a poorly organized sales environment. They are able to continue in the practice because they are not invested in the success of their reps, which are "hired" into a position that is 100% commission with no benefits. They do not lose money if their reps fail, and they provide little or no organized training.
They misrepresent the job to get you in the door!
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
Company is big on referrals and new hires because whoever bring them in gets a bonus plus a cut of their commissions. No support or training. Market is very overly saturated. They promise that you can build your own schedule but then make you come in for constant meetings during times you could be talking to people making sales. Just felt like a pyramid scheme like Herbalife or anything of that nature.
Pros
Pay for your insurance license classes
Cons
No training, Delays in getting ability to sell for company. Managers get half of your starting commission.
Independent Insurance Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 19, 2017
Good company with a lot of opportunity for growth. I learned a lot about the entire sales call process from prospecting to closing a sale. Developed great communication skills working at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.