Aflac Employee Reviews in United States

Showing all 1,205 reviews
very little training
Sales (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2016
I didn't have a good support system inside the company. I was never taught what products and services I could offer my clients. The little training I did get wasn't useful.
Hard to stay focused on the job.
Agent Producer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2016
The days could be long or short depending on my motivation. It was nice to meet new potential customers. I learned that I don't like working for commission only. I don't have anything to say about the management since I was only there a short time. My co-workers seemed nice. I only got to see them once a week. The hardest part of the job for me was approaching people trying to sell them a product and yet the most enjoyable part was also meeting the people.
Flexible schedule, fun people to work with
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2016
Prospecting is the hardest part of this job, cold calls are never easy. There is no base pay, making this job a sink or swim situation. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of this job.
Productive and Enjoyable to come to work
Receptionist/Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my position with Aflac, as well as my employer.
He was a wonderful person and treated me well as an
employee. He was easy person to work for. I learned how to recuit agents for Aflac and I enjoyed the process. Bobby made the process of learning the programs easy. I loved the job and was sorry that the position was over.
Pros
I received a free lunch once
Cons
Happy to be employed even for part time.
Great place to work. Fun environment
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day for me would consist of prospecting for 4 to 5 hr, then make follow up calls to some of my warm leads. The point of which I'm hoping to schedule a appointment to meet with the decision maker. Typically we have meetings once a week to update us on the latest policy changes and or updates. We do some training. It's a lot of fun.
Pros
Freedom to work your own schedule. You get out what you put in.
Cons
Cold calling
Not for the faint hearted. No pain, no gain.
SALES (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK - Atlanta Ga - Private officeAugust 24, 2016
The review I m providing has a snapshot of having been an Aflac Agent for only 8 months.

Typical day: In the car, heading to make cold calls to 20-30 businesses a day that I have researched before making.

I learned that it is all up to me, in the end, in this Industry, or any other. Something I have actually known for a few decades.

I do not have co-workers. There are people that work in Aflac that I am familiar with but work on my own.

Hardest part of job is the only part that matters. Making call after call until an enrollment is booked for a business that I have attracted to Aflac.

Most enjoyable part? Booking business, getting paid.
Pros
Own work schedule
Cons
Distractions that attract me to not make the number of calls I intend to each day
Great Self Employed Position
Associate-Benefits Consultant/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAAugust 24, 2016
Unlimited income potential. Very Honest company. Good compensation. Must prospect constantly. No health benefits. Flexible hours. Good training. No income stability.
Pros
Good commission position
Cons
No security or benefits
Does not care about their Sales Agents
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 23, 2016
Does not care about their Sales Agents. Puts a hundred out in the field and only cares about the Company getting paid. Not enough training and you feel like you are being thrown out to the wolves.
Not my favorite job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2016
Compensation for this job is good for insurance sales. Problem is limited training. They are more worried about how to cold call then if you know their product
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
lots of competition within the company
Aflac has great customer service, and Eaw is a different experience.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 22, 2016
Aflac is a great insurance company, and they have great customer service skills, only one con,support services management could be better with there employees.
fun
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2016
fun, friendly, good company to move up in. top notched benefits, good learning environment. the pay is ok it could be better
Great Company to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 17, 2016
Depended heavily on self motivation to cold call perspective businesses in person on a regular basis.
Public Speaking in front of groups to explain benefits of various insurance policies
income was based 100% on commissions.
Help clients to file Claims
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
long time to build steady income
The rewarding part of this position is helping the policy holders.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS/Evanston, WYAugust 17, 2016
If you are looking to get rich fast and easy this is not the job for you! This company is helping people better than anyone else like them. Their product and access to information is above and beyond any other. However, you have to WORK for it!! What you put in is what you get out!
Excellent Company with Job Security
Customer Service Representative II, Aflac (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a customer service representative with Aflac. I answered calls regarding supplemental insurance policies. The job was challenging because there are no breaks in between calls, calls are monitored and must be completed within a certain timeframe. Nevertheless, these are common procedures amongst most call centers. The managers are extremely helpful and supportive, and it is easy to establish business "friendships" with employees. The benefits are phenomenal. The only reason why I left was to complete my education. I would be happy to return to Aflac.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant inbound calls
Pleasant atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 13, 2016
Wonderful management and co-workers. Management always provides encouragement and incentives to increase productivity.
Aflac
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2016
It's a good place to work if you have someone to support you financially while you build your book of business. Until you have been at it for a few years things will be difficult.
Best Place to Work as an Intern
Benefit Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 11, 2016
I learned so much from my summer at Aflac. From the internship, I learned aspects of sales, marketing, business to business communications and so much more.
Productive work environment with constant growth in the company
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
* always opportunities to cross train within the department
* management always willing to help you advance
* large fortune 500 company with constant changes and growth opportunity
* I loved working for a company that was very diverse
Pros
growth opportunity, always celebrating the employees and their hardwork
Cons
constant changes to business processes made day to day work difficult at times
Very good Team of leaders
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 5, 2016
The training team is a very well oiled machine. Wish there was more time in a day to go to businesses. Very demanding work hours not suitable for one income families. You should be good at sales. Also be comfortable at bombarding businesses multiple times. They are a great company to work for just not my gig.
Pros
Very good training
Cons
not working for your self it is very demanding
Fun Workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 1, 2016
Great work environment, great people. There's so much to learn, everyone is willing to help one another. The regional office always consist of event for the everyone to work closely together. It's definitely always a team effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.