Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,623 reviews matching the search
Great job if young or financially stable
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
A typical day consists of getting up early nin the morning to try and catch any contractors before they leave for the day. Then work on more corporate locations and drum up your own sales leads. There really is no culture in place. They try to make it fun by offering trips and other bonuses, but it's a tough cutthroat environment. Sink or swim, usually on your own. I have learned extensivly how under served we are in Healthcare. There is a great need for services like AFLAC but not much expendable income for people to work with. Hardest part of the job is to find your own business. They say in the beginning there are no cold calls but thats what you spend most of your day doing. The most enjoyable part of the position is that I can make my own schedule.
Pros
Ability to make your own schedule
Cons
Commission only pay rate, Market is saturated with Field Agents. Sales leads are old and outdated
Very Stressful Work environment
Senior Account Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 21, 2017
The position I held at Aflac required a lot of long hours and the pay did not reflect that. Management was not appreciative of my efforts to make the customer happy. The department I worked in was very cut-throat and stressful.
Used car salesman wanted
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
If you're greedy and have no soul then it's a great place for you. The income potential is high but you must be willing to lie, cheat and steal from the working class to earn it.
Marketing and Sales Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 20, 2017
I did not like it at all. You cant get paid unless you get your certification. If you are a college student like me focusing on college courses do not work here. Plus a str8 sales job. No sales no money.
Support Services
Replenishment Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2017
Support services is a big team that serves as the backbone of the company. Aflac encourages employee tenure situations rather than constantly flipping employees which is great but limits advancement opportunities in certain areas. Overall my time with the company has been enjoyable and a great first sample of "Corporate America".
Pros
Frequent giveaways, employee interaction opportunities, benefits are top notch
Cons
No pto until first 90 days was a real inconvenience for a single parent
Good company to learn many new things
Java/J2EE Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2017
In AFLAC, there is always chance to learn new things by working on it. Everyone are given a chance to learn new things and volunteer if they are interested .
Flexible around your schedule
Inten (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 19, 2017
Good place to work. Your responsible for assisting the district managers in there day to day work. You need to schedule interviews, recruit, and answer any questions that are asked to you.
aflac
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 15, 2017
flexible work schedules. customer service skills. benefit skills. vacation at anytime if needed. commission based pay. great bonuses. growth in the company happens alot.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
commission
n/a
Claims Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 15, 2017
Love working for Aflac! I process accident claims. The management staff goes above and beyond to help if needed. The entire company is exceptional. Go Aflac!
Great opportunity if you can wait to get paid
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
Training and mentorship at the Paradise Region of AFLAC out of Salinas and South San Jose. After 18 months with AFLAC, first as administrative assistant and quickly into the sales role, I really had high hopes of creating an amazingly profitable and flexible career with AFLAC, taking advantage of their 10-year plan where all your accounts remain yours forever. However, after earning so little for so long, less by far than I could have earned simply Ubering 6-7 hours/day, I had to move on. The people, both in management and in the sales force, are wonderful, but it takes a supportive spouse with a very good salary to afford the long running start to get accounts built up as this position is 100% commission.

The hardest part of the job is the cold-calling over the phones and in person. I enjoyed enrolling employees in policies and it really didn't take many to make a descent commission, but sometimes you can spend a whole day or two enrolling and not make much at all. Much of what you do in your AFLAC career is unpaid as you only earn when you sell a policy. I tried hard to never sell something an employee would not need.

I came into this career excited to try my hand at sales after years of being a business owner with my husband. I will return to admin roles because I learned that I need the regular pay and my strengths lie in supportive roles. The flexibility of this role is what inspired me also to give it a try, but if you are really doing well, there is not much flexibility and you find yourself working into the night at times. Should you succeed, there
  more... is a need to have support staff to help with claims and mass amounts of paperwork required.  less
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule
Cons
Earnings needed to support a family in this area are hard to reach

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
Aflac
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2017
Great place to work. Appreciates employees. Makes employees really reach their potential by having competitions and posting weekly team quality scores.
What Learned
Intern (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2017
I learned to go and get what I want and not show any ounce of fear. I showed no fear towards different CEOs of different businesses, that's the mindset Aflac instilled in me and I thank them a lot for that.
Great Products
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
See the following website www.aflac.com for details regarding the products and services for AFLAC supplemental insurance products. Great benefits to help you through unexpected events.
Good
Bad
Responsibilities:
Insurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 11, 2017
Talk to potential clients
Make appointments from cold calls
Discuss different insurance plans
Write up plans
study new insurance laws and conditions
If good at sales, do it, if not, forget it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria Heights, ILJune 10, 2017
If you do well in sales, this is the place. I believe in insurance and AFLAC, but the potential customers do not "get it". If you are not good at sales, save yourself the anguish.
not enough training
Corporate Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 10, 2017
there was no guidance or trainging for the job. you were just thrown to the wolves and were expected to rock it. if you don't know what you're doing and have never done this type of work before you will fail
Diversified and hard work
Director of Brokerage Business & Development (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 9, 2017
This is not a job for everyone. You are working as an independent contractot with a major insurance company. Your income is based on your own hard work and the quality of your services. This job is only for those who have business mind and desire to have their own business.
Pros
Freedome of when to work and how to work
Cons
No guaranteed income or benefits.
Can be stressful due to quotas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
Although stressful can be lucrative.
Enjoy working with employers and their employees. Very satisfying being able to help employees.
Can move up quickly to manager position.
If you are a salesman
Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2017
Very much a challenge for new Agents. No money until you sell. If can take 6 months to a year to build a book of business and most major accounts are already booked.
Pros
Freedome
Cons
No Mone
fun
Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2017
they care for there employee, they are fun and understanding , they make sure we have the proper training, mangment always give you one on one to let you know where you are in progress. love this company...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval