Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

unsupportive office
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TXAugust 21, 2014
As a company, I would recommend their products to everyone. The office that I work at is another thing. The supervisor that hired me trained me for three days and then stopped to train a new agent. My supervisor told me that she would make sure that one of the other senior agents continued my training. That was mid-March of this year and I have yet – more... to be contacted by any of the other agents to continue my training. – less
Mediocre. Requires IMMENSE dedication & time.
Insurance Agent (Supplemental Health) (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 21, 2014
Overall experience was mediocre. AFLAC would help train you, and did their best to benefit you on any basis. However, many of the things required by the company in order to actually be profitable, one must come out their pocket to pay for training, licensure costs, etc. Training does take quite some time, and the expenses are not reimbursed. Beginning – more... to work under this company, it requires an extensive amount of time, dedication, and effort to actually make money. – less
Excellent Opportunity
District Manager (Former Employee), KENTUCKYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: financially rewarding, i made 71, 000 my first year, then never less than 100k
Cons: no paid training, no benefits, lots of travel
If you are a self starter, you like to help people and you don't mind working hard, this is a super sweet gig. If you're lazy, you will fail.
BEWARE
Independent Associate Representative (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule, make as much $$$ as you want
Cons: not steady pay and hard industry to enter
your to your own devices, your not given any direction and am constantly told to hit your marks. You do not make a dime before selling something. business have been hit so hard by Aflac you'll be lucky to be able to continue talking to a business owner after you tell them who you represent. no co-workers , your on your own.
great people not great job
Sales Agent (Current Employee), KSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: trainer was supportive
Cons: all commission
long hours with no guarantees. The people you work with are nice but that doesn't make up for the mean and evasive people that you have to go cold calling to. The job is pretty much all cold calling. I would at lease make it that way before you try and get all your friends and family to sign up.
What a great place to work!
Executive Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2014
I had a great experience working at AFLAC. The management is top-notch, and the work atmosphere is pleasant. There many opportunities for advancement, and staff was encouraged to take advantage of classes offered to further advancement in the company, and in life in general.
Learning Culture and History
Business Consultant/ Broker (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: connecting and building unbreakable bond with alot of influential and upbuilding people
Direct liaison between external clients, personal staff and vendors.
make and complete travel arrangement and lodging accommodations with and for high profile events nationwide to meet and entertain new or existing board member and their constituents.
good
Relationship Development Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 12, 2014
great work life great compensation great benefits great job security amazing management and love the job culture
Aflac was a wonderful place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2014
Aflac was a great place to work. The leaders of Aflac are very friendly and show a genuine concern for their employees!
No Thanks
agent (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 11, 2014
Don't waste your time

It is horribly run and there is no structure
job from yrs ago
Claims Specialist III (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: learning insurance policy & procedures
Cons: don't remember
Claims Processor, Sickness Disability - 2006, can't recall to much more then this.
Great Company
Independent Representative (Current Employee), Medford, ORAugust 9, 2014
Helping customers with their insurance needs with the rising costs of high deductibles.
Call Center/ Claim Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2014
Filed claims for current policies. Outbound and inbound calls from dr. offices.
Productive and friendly work place.
Accident Claims Examiner II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2014
Great place to work.
Very productive work environment.
Management very helpful.
Independent Agent
Sales Agent & District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no health benefits
I was and independent agent paid on a commission bases.

Work 8 plus hours a day.

Learned the insurance business.
A great place to work
State Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 1, 2014
Typical involves making hundreds of phone calls to perspective clients and setting up times to meet. Perspective clients being business owners, decision makers. Usually there are several meetings a day where either you are sitting down with business owners or you are sitting down with employees of the perspective clients business and enrolling each – more... one of the in health benefit plans that best suit their needs.

Because there is not really a supervisor you need to be super organized, and manage time wisely. The people who you work with are very supportive and a joy to work with.

I learned a lot about networking, and good qualities that it takes to have a successful business . – less
productive
Insurance sales (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2014
have only been with company for 5 weeks. its a sales position
Working for Aflac
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2014
I enjoy working for AFLAC but my main area of contention is the amount of time it takes to receive my commission. At times it can take ten business days to receive any commission owed.
this is for those who want to be self-employed
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2014
You have to be a go getter, persistent and a people person. If not, this is not for you
not a good place to work
Account Manager, Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDJuly 22, 2014
This was a strictly commission position. Everything I was told when I started turned out to be wrong. It is enjoyable meeting new people during the enrollment, corporate tell you people are in the programs they sign up with for a year. However, when they get their first check and see the deduction they call corporate to cancel and they allow it. by – more... the corporate office allowing this they take money back from the associate. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more