Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun Place
Account Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 22, 2017
Overall working for the company is a great joy. I would recommend the opportunity to pretty much everyone. All jobs have the same pros and cons so I won't go into details. I am just grateful to have a job in this job market.
Flexible schedule but difficult to start
Independent Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 22, 2017
Required using and marketing to wide variety of friends, family, and connections. This resulted in a certain degree of mistrust, as family and friends were consistently suspicious that I was using them for marketing purposes only. I did not like to betray my friends' trust like that.
Pros
Working for self allowed for flexible hours
Cons
No healthcare or employee benefits
Great company
Medical Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2017
Love the atmosphere and the benefits. EAW is employee appreciation week. Lots of fun! They empower their employees. Easily move up. I would love to come back and work for this company again.
Pros
Benefits, pay, and EAW week
Cons
Calls back to back during holidays
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2017
- Fast pace and constantly on the phone giving customer service
- Management is not experienced to work in the work environment we are in.
- I enjoy speaking my first language
- Do not like the impersonal feed back
Pros
Insurance discounts
Cons
Schedules
Great opportunity with unlimited commissions potential
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at AFLAC would include prospecting, either in person or by phone, setting appointments and then giving employer presentations in order to open an account. Once opened, supplemental insurance product presentations are either given individually or in a group setting with enrollment as soon as possible.

This job teaches you the importance of being self-motivated and disciplined. Proper time management is key to a successful career at AFLAC.

The Management team at AFLAC has always been supportive of us as individuals and as a team.

The hardest part of the job is convincing employers to open accounts as this takes practice.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make your own schedule.
Pros
Make your own flexible schedule, unlimited income potential, premiere provider of supplemental benefits.
Cons
Agents are 1099 independent contractors, must make estimated tax payments on your own, banks want to see 2 years steady 1099 income to approve for mortgage.
Aflac
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2017
A career with Aflac is like a rollercoaster. Some months you make the money you feel like you should be making and some months you make nothing at all. You really have to be financially stable throughout the whole process.
Insurance sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZJuly 20, 2017
You are your own boss working on your own schedule. Up front premium commissions are good but it takes a long time to build a client list and residual income.
Pros
set your own hours and schedule
Cons
It takes a long time to build a decent income. pay all your own expenses
My absolute favorite job!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCJuly 20, 2017
This was my favorite job! I loved every aspect of my roles and responsibilities, even the cold calling of potential agents. I enjoyed managing the office and having people rely on me.
Very supportive company.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 20, 2017
My experience with AFLAC was great. Although the experience was very different from my previous work experiences, they provided training and mentoring from staff and supervisors.
Pros
AFLAC cares about their employees.
Cons
Daily traveling with your vehicle is not compensated.
Again, this was a waste of time
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 20, 2017
Indeed is requiring a second review of AFLAC. I was too kind in my original. This is a poorly organized sales environment. They are able to continue in the practice because they are not invested in the success of their reps, which are "hired" into a position that is 100% commission with no benefits. They do not lose money if their reps fail, and they provide little or no organized training.
They misrepresent the job to get you in the door!
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
Company is big on referrals and new hires because whoever bring them in gets a bonus plus a cut of their commissions. No support or training. Market is very overly saturated. They promise that you can build your own schedule but then make you come in for constant meetings during times you could be talking to people making sales. Just felt like a pyramid scheme like Herbalife or anything of that nature.
Pros
Pay for your insurance license classes
Cons
No training, Delays in getting ability to sell for company. Managers get half of your starting commission.
Independent Insurance Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 19, 2017
Good company with a lot of opportunity for growth. I learned a lot about the entire sales call process from prospecting to closing a sale. Developed great communication skills working at this company.
Very dedicated management
HR Benefits Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
There is lots of training to improve your skills, confidence, and presentation skills. Very helpful management and supervisors and Managers constantly pushing you to excel in your career
Pros
Free food on Friday lunch
Beware!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 18, 2017
This is a hard-core sales job, no matter how much they tout it as "account manager" or "benefits consultant."

Very cut-throat environment, lots of false promises and terrible agent support from headquarters. I spent way too much time trying to fix problems -- there's no money in that. It became embarrassing to have to apologize for the many errors made by the company.

If you can afford to work for two years with very little income, you might do ok here.
Pros
Strong brand
Cons
cut-throat environment, rapid churn and burn of agents, hard to get started
Awards, Bonuses, great pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2017
Aflac was my first commission position and I did quite well. However, the company has grown and with that comes more politics. The company itself does pay their claims. Has great training and treats their agents wonderfully.
Pros
Training, bonuses, travel
Cons
100% commission
Laid back
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 18, 2017
I was in sales so of course I could make my own schedule when I did work for them, but when it came to actual work and my bosses, it was awesome! I loved who I worked with and they all treat you like family. The only reason I didn't continue working there was because my pay was commission only and I'm not good in sales whatsoever so I needed a steady income. At the time, I had some family needing help at their store so it worked out perfect. I would definitely recommend people to work here.
Straight Commission
Agent/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
I felt as though the amount of support given was completely misrepresented, particularly for a new agent. During the initial recruitment presentation, I asked if they helped with leads, training, planning a path to success for new agents and the response was yes to all of my questions. Approximately 6 weeks after starting, they finally sent me to "Sales Training" and the whole week was focused on getting appointments in scripted, role play sessions. They only want appointment setters. When I directly asked for help by giving me advice on how to successfully plan my career with Aflac, knowing that the person empowered to help me had a significant amount of experience & success, my request was treated as an objection that needed to be overcome rather than giving me useful guidance? Also, when I tried to share some feedback on what would be helpful, the reply I received was, "This is how we do things, we are not open to changing the way we work!" Needless to say, the majority of new agents end up leaving after working for a few months without pay or support. There is a lack of organization, there is an overt amount of favoritism shown/given to certain cliques within the office and a poor overall culture.
Pros
I met a few good people and made a couple of friends.
Cons
Read review
Good 18yr career
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJuly 17, 2017
I retired from AFLAC after 18 years. Made lots of money but retired because it was becoming too competitive and required more paperwork and reports that I didn't have time to do. I made very good money
Pros
hard to get you client base built up
Cons
very competitive
Job with no pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 17, 2017
Constantly stepping on other salesperson's feet. Consistently encountered situations where another salesman had been there the same week. No territory, no real management.
Cons
Full time job no compensation
Managers are very supportive and procactive
Independent Insurance Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 15, 2017
The management team is very encouraging and accommodating. Aflac as a whole offers excellent benefits; the products are solid. Aflac associates can have a great future with the company if they have the time to put in the energy and effort to achieve success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval