Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,216 reviews
Productive and challenging place to work.
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flushing, MI 48433September 9, 2016
Typical day at work is to schedule clients and make appointments. Learned when to properly schedule clients. Worked independently. Some times we would work as teams when we working the same areas. My co-workers were talented and helpful in the insurance business. I found most difficult part of the job was getting clients to keep their appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the field.
Pros
Firday meetings regarding that weeks accomplishments.
Cons
Maintaining schedules.
Hard to stay focused on the job.
Agent Producer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2016
The days could be long or short depending on my motivation. It was nice to meet new potential customers. I learned that I don't like working for commission only. I don't have anything to say about the management since I was only there a short time. My co-workers seemed nice. I only got to see them once a week. The hardest part of the job for me was approaching people trying to sell them a product and yet the most enjoyable part was also meeting the people.
Great Company
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CASeptember 20, 2016
Aflac has a great family culture and if you work hard you will advance quickly. The culture is fact pace and there are frequent changes which makes it hard to adjust. Aflac grew faster than they could keep up as a company so most of the time you will feel like your running in a high speed maze. Leadership is very supportive but inexperienced.
The great thing about Aflac is the compensation. They pay their employees well and show their appreciation with other incentives such as appreciation week.
Happy fast paced environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2016
Aflac was a great starting point for me to get used to being a professional. The job was very tedious as we were cold calling non stop all day long.

However, from that experience did pick up valuable communication and sales skills. I was also always doing group work, so that made me better suited to work in a team situation.

Overall, my internship was defiantly worth it because I learned how to deal with adversity, and really what it takes to be successful in the real world.
Great family company and always have activities to do through out the week.
Customer Service Representative for Claims (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be to open all systems before shift began. Assist customers with policy information and how to file a claim. Handle escalated calls and transfer calls to the correct department. Verify policyholders information for their security and notate the conversations for account purposes.
Pros
Several Breaks, cafe, gym, and game room inside the building
Cons
Pay was twice a month on the 15th and last day of the month.
Excellent Company with Job Security
Customer Service Representative II, Aflac (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a customer service representative with Aflac. I answered calls regarding supplemental insurance policies. The job was challenging because there are no breaks in between calls, calls are monitored and must be completed within a certain timeframe. Nevertheless, these are common procedures amongst most call centers. The managers are extremely helpful and supportive, and it is easy to establish business "friendships" with employees. The benefits are phenomenal. The only reason why I left was to complete my education. I would be happy to return to Aflac.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant inbound calls
Productive and Enjoyable to come to work
Receptionist/Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my position with Aflac, as well as my employer.
He was a wonderful person and treated me well as an
employee. He was easy person to work for. I learned how to recuit agents for Aflac and I enjoyed the process. Bobby made the process of learning the programs easy. I loved the job and was sorry that the position was over.
Pros
I received a free lunch once
Cons
Happy to be employed even for part time.
Not for the faint hearted. No pain, no gain.
SALES (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK - Atlanta Ga - Private officeAugust 24, 2016
The review I m providing has a snapshot of having been an Aflac Agent for only 8 months.

Typical day: In the car, heading to make cold calls to 20-30 businesses a day that I have researched before making.

I learned that it is all up to me, in the end, in this Industry, or any other. Something I have actually known for a few decades.

I do not have co-workers. There are people that work in Aflac that I am familiar with but work on my own.

Hardest part of job is the only part that matters. Making call after call until an enrollment is booked for a business that I have attracted to Aflac.

Most enjoyable part? Booking business, getting paid.
Pros
Own work schedule
Cons
Distractions that attract me to not make the number of calls I intend to each day
Productive work environment with constant growth in the company
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
* always opportunities to cross train within the department
* management always willing to help you advance
* large fortune 500 company with constant changes and growth opportunity
* I loved working for a company that was very diverse
Pros
growth opportunity, always celebrating the employees and their hardwork
Cons
constant changes to business processes made day to day work difficult at times
Great place to work. Fun environment
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day for me would consist of prospecting for 4 to 5 hr, then make follow up calls to some of my warm leads. The point of which I'm hoping to schedule a appointment to meet with the decision maker. Typically we have meetings once a week to update us on the latest policy changes and or updates. We do some training. It's a lot of fun.
Pros
Freedom to work your own schedule. You get out what you put in.
Cons
Cold calling
Great Company and great people
Agent (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 13, 2016
Made 50 cold phone calls a day, drove around for 2-4 hours prospecting, and followed up to approaches previously made. Then I would input the data into Everwell. Time management helped with keeping everything on track. The Management or Regional Sales Coordinator was super to work with. All of the agents within our district were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid on a weekly bases, it was strictly commission only. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working with other agents.
Pros
Worked when I wanted
Cons
Commission only
Supportive Work Culture
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 14, 2016
Aflac espouses a culture of integrity and support, from customer claims to support for its associates.

I found the people I worked with genuinely cared about their customers and those they worked with. While the culture was competitive and driven towards consistent excellence, people went out of their way to help each other.

The hardest part of the job was the daily grind of cold-call sales. The people I worked with made this enjoyable. Plus, sales training was excellent.
Pros
excellent training, supportive environment, income potential
Cons
Commission only
Productive, hard working, and fun work environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJuly 8, 2016
It is nice being my own boss, but time management is the key to success. I have learned a lot about sales and the insurance business. My co-workers are great and the management is great as well. The hardest part of the job is to get decision makers to understand the need for Aflac and how important it can be for the employees. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people and knowing I am making some part of their life more comforting.
Challenging work enviroment without a lot of support
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
You often feel like you're working for free. UNPAID training is REQUIRED, and is 60+ hours. Some managers seem really helpful, but some are only interested in who can make them money. They get commission from your sales too... You're told sales experience isn't necessary but it's completely, 100% a sales job. Leads are NOT given, as you're lead to believe in the initial interviews. Once you're trained, you're very much on your own, or sometimes paired up with another sales person with just as little experience as you.
Pros
able to create your own hours
Cons
commision only
This job was a self-motivated job where employees were out in the field on a daily basis
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 28, 2016
Working for Alfac was a good experience but there was no motivation for a consistent daily routine. It was a great environment with nice people who I enjoyed working with. Management was successful but most of their employees weren't. The area of Pittsburgh is so saturated that it was not easy convincing companies to buy Alfac products.
Pros
Great management and friendly people.
Cons
I prefer and office job with structure and plans.
Productive and fun
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2016
This is Company tops the cake. I enjoy meeting new people the management is wonderful and a typical work day does not even feel like a 9 to 5. The hardest part of the job is really nothing, you do have to study and stay structured. This is the one job that I have continue to have the rest of my life, hey who does not want to work for themselves and also have a great team.
Very good Team of leaders
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 5, 2016
The training team is a very well oiled machine. Wish there was more time in a day to go to businesses. Very demanding work hours not suitable for one income families. You should be good at sales. Also be comfortable at bombarding businesses multiple times. They are a great company to work for just not my gig.
Pros
Very good training
Cons
not working for your self it is very demanding
High Turnover
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2016
Good company and product, but they have a high turnover in associates. Management is not focused on developing long term associates. They accept high turnovers as part of their business. Their success measurements are on the volume of accounts you cold call and the number of new associates they bring in. If you are great at cold calling(30-50/day) it may be a great place for you.
Aflac
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CTJuly 20, 2016
Aflac is an awesome company to work for. However, it is very hard work. It is basically running your own business. Therefore you must be dedicated and hardworking for it to pay off. The biggest thing in this business is to be extremely organized. The pay is great once you get to the point of helping people when you sign them up for one of Aflac's many policies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Commission based
AFLAC is a great company with many incentives
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Aflac. I truly believe in the company and everything I do for them. As an Independant agent, I qualify businesses that are willing to offer supplemental insurance to their employees, so they are able to offer some financial security at a discounted rate on all policies. I enroll employees and help them file claims.