Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Great Company
An Independent Associate Representing Aflac (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: you set hours.
Cons: straight commission. no sales = no pay!
AFLAC is # 1 in the Supplemental Ins Market because their products work. AFLAC has been helping people for 60-years! Let AFLAC help you today...
Productive and fun work place.
Independent agent (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Good training. But too many meetings and emails are sent by management. Which boggs down your email correspondence with clients.
Love all the people that I worked with
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
I love the company and all the people that I worked with. Office environment is very pleasant. Everyone is so helpfull to one another.
Limited Product Offerings
Independent Licensed Agent (Current Employee), New Jersey & New YorkFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great commission plan
Cons: making 50 to 60 drops per day
200 cold phone calls per day or 50 to 60 physical drops per day

There is a need for accident/health Insurance

Good management team ready to help when necessary.

Great co-workers

Number of phone calls and physical drops per day

Getting paid
Be ready to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: all commission, constant cold calling
Aflac is a great company but it is not for everyone. Learning insurance and aflac policies fast is a must! There is daily cold calling in order to get clients. It is also 100 percent commission based work, NO SALARY! This is good some months and very bad others, especially starting out. You do for the most part get to make your own work schedule so taking time off when needed is very very easy.
great atmosphere
Account Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 22, 2015
Really nice employees, great atmosphere, management is friendly and very helpful, good training program. Co-workers are nice.
No thanks
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: training, pay, pressure to sale, saturation of market
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. I was super excited as this was my first insurance job and hoping it'd be a career. The training was what really killed it for me. The training was super weak and most of the time I felt severely pressured to make a sale with no knowledge of what I am selling. Given sales requires some improv and is basically making connections with people that like you and want to do business with you. That part was not so difficult, the difficult part was competing with other Aflac agents NOT other insurance companies, the lack of training, and no sort of pay to help get started other than make a commission.

I often wish I could just wipe this experience away from my life.
A truly wonderful company to work for.
Active sales associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Overall, Aflac is a top notch company to work for. I truly recommend the opportunity to anyone. It is a great company with many perks. As an agent, you have to put in a lot to get a great reward. I highly recommend Aflac to anyone.
Sales, self motivation, lots of training
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fresno, CaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: lots of rewards for hard work
Cons: no medical
I started my sales career with Aflac in 2000. I loved my career with the company. The company was great with their agents. Very family oriented, positive experience.
However, like any other company the bigger it gets the more politics.
My only reason for leaving was due to management change. However, Aflac itself is a great company. Not only to their agents, but also to their clients.
Good businee to help out.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 18, 2015
AFLAC is great at helping many businesses in need. The commercials show a little more of how talented the are. Working at that location helped me to have a conversation with others and never have bad feelings after getting hung up on.
Excellent company, but outdated sales model
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great training, excellent company, free tools (website, all the printed materials you could ever want, etc.)
Cons: no defined territories..agents piling on top of one another. aflac needs to address this, imo.
I've been a full-time Aflac associate for over 12 years. This is a hard-core sales job, but Aflac is an amazing company that pays it claims in a very short period of time (IF you know how to file a claim properly.)

Anyone who says it is a scam is lying. It is NOT a scam; Aflac is publicly traded on the NYSE and is pretty much the "gold-standard" when it comes to voluntary benefits.

If you are an agent, here is your day:

1. Get appointments with business owners. Do it anyway you have to; call on the phone (minimum of 100 calls/day) or go out and knock on doors (minimum 30-40/day). It is grinding and difficult, but you'll learn quickly how to sell yourself.

2. Present to the business owner and convince her/him to let you talk to the employees.

3. Talk to the employees (yup, a lot of talking and presenting in this job.

4. Enroll them, via a laptop, and then make sure the policies go thru, all claims get paid, and any invoicing issues are resolved quickl.

It's a BIG job; as an agent you wear a lot of hats. Before the 2008 economic recession, it was a lot easier to make a living doing this. Now..it's harder, but still doable. You will work 60 hours a week...you need to be driven and focused.
good
Union Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), new york new yorkFebruary 17, 2015
It was a good place to work if you are able to have good networking skills. Its all on you which makes it a great place.Not bad if have a solid bankroll to start with.
N/A
manager assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, Ca.February 17, 2015
While working for Aflac I assist potential clients and candidates with questions, comments, and concerns. I bring in new recruits, and provide assistance to the manager, updating her calendar as needed, keep her on track during the day. I also make high volume outbound calls. Over time I have learned how to deal with frustrated customers and how to provide the best customer service to the client. As far as my co-workers, I do enjoy the people I work around, they are apart of what makes my day go well as work. The hardest part of my job I would say is bringing in the new recruits, because people can be quite rude or just don't show up to their appointments and it gets frustrating having people confirm with me and not show up. The part I enjoy most about my job is providing customer service and helping the client.
Account Specialist II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Aflac is a wonderful company to work for. They really seem to value each and every employee. There was always room for advancement.
Dont work here
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsford, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Not a good company to work for..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Family Focused Company
Manager-Process Innovation and Control (Current Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation week
Great place to work, hard to move up. Leadership has an open door policy, which is helpful. Pay could be better, but the company has good benefits
I enjoyed working for Aflac
Sales Associate / Account Representative (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good hours, high pace
Cons: to high of change over rate.
Be employed with Aflac revealed to me how much I enjoy working in sales. Getting back what you put in and being rewarded for your hard work. I attained the skills needed to open and close a sale also to manage, maintain, and satisfy the clients after sale. I enjoyed my co-workers but the rate of employment was very sporadic. I would prefer a more stable work environment.
Fun workplace and friendly atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Aflac was a very fun experience however I need a fulltime job with a paycheck. The office and my bosses were all very knowledgable and helped increase my sales skills.
Aflac is a great product
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere and possibility to make lucrative income
Cons: all commission and no benefits
It should be a 'shoe-in' to employers but there is no system in place to keep independent agents from going to companies that have been called on multiple times - thereby frustrating the gate keeper.
I did outside sales and a lot of driving around and knocking on doors. We had a lot of meetings which took us away from our work.
Life Agent (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: residual income and opening new accounts.
Cons: too many meetings.
Started the day by driving all over the place and stopping at every small businesses that I thought might be interested in my product. I could only offer the product to businesses with three or more employees. That alone was quite the challenge. A lot of small businesses do not have multiple employees. I learned that thorough knowledge of product is very important and doing a presentation for the first time is very hard, but fear will keep you from ever getting through it. Management was busy trying to open new accounts and not very accessible. Everybody was busy trying to make a living, I couldn't blame them because we were all commission only employees. Everything was hard about the job but the most enjoyable was when you would get an account on your own and you got to sign up all of the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more