Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,521 reviews matching the search
If you need anything after being an agent for so long, they will not spend anymore time with you
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2017
I'll be short and simple. My time at Aflac consisted of me working with a district sales coordinator in the Lakeland Fl area for 5 days until they expect you to not bother again. It seems like if you don't know how to do everything in the first couple of weeks then they do not want to shadow them anymore because that's all the time they had to spend with you according to there boss which is the regional sales coordinator.
Way too many Agents for this market
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2017
There are over 1,000 Aflac Agents in the State of Oklahoma and I also hear in Arkansas. Over saturated markets.
I would walk into a business and be the 4th Aflac Agent there that day!
One time the Owner stated "You see that car pulling out of my driveway?" "That's an Aflac Agent!"
Cannot sell to mad business owners.
I hit over 500 businesses in 4.5 months and made $4,000 total.
It wasn't for lack of trying, it was due to too many agents hitting the same businesses.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Impossible to make any real money.
Anyone can do it, but it's not for everyone.
Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 24, 2017
My start with Aflac was very shady. My DSC was more interested in taking business from me rather than teaching me how to build my business. As I was transitioned from one district to another, my new DSC would assume the previous one taught me how to do the most basic of procedures. Not only would I not know how to do them, I didn't even know what help to ask for.
It's a great company and I see people do very well in it when they have the right people looking out for you in the very beginning and are committed to helping you grow. I would love to go back to it someday, but the financial setback it created for me will have to be dealt with first.
Best Company Ever
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 24, 2017
Amazing company to work for. Great benefits, great pay, all major holidays off, flexible schedule. Management is amazing all the way up to the CEO. Treat you just like family.
Do not do it
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 23, 2017
You will get screwed, you will get taken advantage of. No body will help you and also there retention rate is like 2 percent. I do not recommend......
Pros
When I left the job.
Cons
When I started work
Unstable compensation
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 22, 2017
This job is commission based only. Training needs to be improved. I got trained for one week and was put on my own to find business, and close deals. If you ask for help the management team will not help you. The work standards and services provided are not clear.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Commission base pay
Great product
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 22, 2017
Famous company to work with and they offer a great product. Getting in front of a prospective business is extremely difficult and that is where the money can be made. Salespeople need to be very self motivated in learning the product. If one can explain the benefits and plans most people want the insurance. Lots of cold calling.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Cold calling, can be off to a slow start
Not a job for anyone
Associate (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDApril 22, 2017
I thought I would be able to do the position and realized that I don't have the personality for it. Also the area where I lived had too many associates so was hard to get new accounts.
Excellent opportunity to grow your business
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 21, 2017
As a Regional Sales Coordinator with Aflac I was able to utilize my experience to experience double digit growth 3 years in a row. My reason for leaving was a change in direction and philosophy of the senior management. Excellent company!!
Pros
Independent contractor and ability to earn unlimited income.
Cons
As a manger you have to constantly recruit 1099"ed sales folks, and many of them do NOT even show up for an interview.
no comment
Licensed Insurance Agent/Benefit's Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harvest, ALApril 20, 2017
100% commission
prospecting daily
build your own lead base o
minimal training depending on distric
good corp support, flexible schedule your your own boss, if you dont go to work you don't get paid, you have to be able to live off commission only.

Bonus structures are supported in the beginning it takes almost 1/2 ears to build book of business - charge backs can hurt you also.

Tough business but rewarding the products are top notch.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
commissions only - to many agents in a territory

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
Its not as easy as it looks
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2017
If your ok with cold calling and door to door buisiness sales then this is the job for you. The training is pretty good. Co workers were pretty supportive. This job taught me how to speak to strangers and get over feeling uncomfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  murfreesboro,tnApril 19, 2017
Work day is your own decision. Learned business skills. Self managed work. Classic work culture. Constant rejection. You make decently good money. Treated fairly from start to finish
overall good company, local management team lacking
Independent Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
If you are not in the right group, it will be hard to make a living. you have to go outside of your area and travel out to others to get more prospects and accounts. it can be rewarding, but you need help to gt there.
Pros
company name is great and culutre is too
Cons
stressful and hard to "fit in" and be successful
100% commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
100 % commission. This is scary for most as it was for myself. Must get new clients in order to make income. Good if you have a side job or just retired.
Great company if you can do it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 17, 2017
Selling supplementary insurance to businesses requires a certain type of personality. Although the company is great and I had a lot of fun, I just couldn't earn enough commission to get by.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Very difficult to earn enough money
Exciting workplace with the constant feel of potential and self-determination
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 17, 2017
The position was a good one, especially since the management was easy-going once I exhibited that my technique was productive. Within the first few days if you prove your proficiency to sell the product/service, they basically let you do your thing, which I found liberating and propitious for successful performance.
1099 $0 Base Pay Job - Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
old school $0 base pay job contracting job. Must have entrepreneurial spirit. You must hustle and hope a little luck is on your side to be on a team that owns a territory that is not saturated
Pros
You work for yourself its a 1099 job
Cons
no benefits and base pay as a sales person
Awesome career. Would not want to work anywhere else.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2017
This is not a job. It is a lifelong career that has normal challenges and big rewards. I have made more money with this company than all other jobs I have had combined! With no prior experience or education I have been able to achieve my life goals with this career. The office culture is like a family. We work together marketing and servicing businesses in our community. We help people with financial loss in times of need which is incredibly rewarding. There are more new businesses opening in our area than we can keep up with. Management opportunity was available with in my first year. The hardest part of the job is discipline working 8 hours a day as you are truly in control of your own work hours. Residual income is awesome and has given me freedom to pursue hobbies and spend more time with Family. Definite thumbs up if you want to start a business with no glass ceiling and unlimited income potential.
Pros
No Boss, unlimited income potential
Cons
Not a desk job.
Great Product
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 12, 2017
I started working for Aflac because I really believed in the products. It was very hard to get appointments though because in my opinion there was a saturation of agents in the market place
A hard but rewarding job.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
This is not a job for everyone. First off its commission only, which can be difficult if you are the main breadwinner, etc. The worst part about the job was not knowing if you'd get the sale and being on your feet all day. The best part was making a big sale and knowing you were helping others AND getting paid for it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.