Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Best fortune company to work for.
Accounting Bilingual Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: had a gym, daycare, and cafeteria on site.
Cons: could be a high stressful job, but the company kept the employees happy.
Had the opportunity to process claims and insurance premium payments working for a fortune company with awesome pay and benefits. I gained experience with different accounting systems, multi-tasking between systems, and policy holder accounts. It was an environment with so many incentives making it easy to perform my task to the fullest. There was not – more... much time to mingle as our time on the computers was measured, and with 5,000 employees it was easy to get lost in the building, but the company would hold workshops, and constantly gratify all its employees. – less
Flexible schedule, not for everyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule that you make on your own
Cons: no benefits or set pay
I enjoy not having a set schedule and getting to set up sales wherever and whenever I want. I would like a job with medical benefits and a set pay though.
Very large employee base that was very hard to make your impression with company
SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Brighton, MISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: created own schedule an learned a lot of knowledge about supplementary insurance field
Cons: very unstructured and success based on location you were expected to service
Hired almost anyone who was willing to give sales a try and very unstructured depending on which sales leader you were assigned to. Helped structure me into importance of controlling an planning my day, being you didn't clock in or out it was all about results.
Agent & Administrator
District Administrator & Agent (Former Employee), Nappanee, INSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: fun group of people.
Cons: comission based pay only!
As an agent, you will spend most of your time looking for leads, knocking on doors and seeking new business relationships. It is a very difficult position to do if you do not have a lot of business contacts.
The administrative side was very rewarding because I wad the pleasure of informing claimants how much CASH they will be getting when they need – more... it the most! – less
Positive working environment
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: stock options, benefits, beautiful river front
Cons: limited career advancement from the inside, technical debt, budgets
There is a good sense of community in the workplace. After being with the company for a few months, I felt more connected to the people around me. If not working from home, it's important for me to be part of the work community.

I've learned a ton while on the job. I have strengthened my .NET skills and learned how to develop full stack web applications. – more... I've learned to be a better communicator to team members and executive management.

A typical day of work for a developer varies and it depends on whether you're in a team who supports a product or a team who innovates proof of concepts. If you're on a team who supports a product, you will be doing more maintenance work. If you're developing proof of concepts, you get more exposure and freedom to be creative.

Management is generally pretty balanced. Some are more extreme on rules and some are less strict. Having a good manager makes a big difference in how one feels at work.

My co-workers have been helpful in teaching me about proprietary systems and strengthening my programming skills. I have good relationships with co-workers both past and present.

The hardest part of the job has been being put in an on-call rotation supporting one of our internal systems. I would occasionally get calls around 3 or 4am.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been for me to explore new technologies and frameworks unencumbered by deadlines. I have more of a creative side when it comes to development, but I have done maintenance too. – less
great place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2014
great boss
great co workers
manual labor
completing a project
Daily prospecting, and small business owner contacts
Insurance Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), St. charles, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: self employed, set own work hours
Cons: constant door to door prospecting
Sold Health and Life Insurance products to small business owners.
Excellent company to work for.
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2014
I love my current full-time employer. My typical day consist of sorting, analyzing my workload and tackling the hardest jobs first.
N/A
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Detailer/Owner/Interpreter
Marketed tilt wall panel detailing to concrete contractors throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Communicated with contractors, architects, and owner representatives to establish scopes of work and specifications. Produced shop drawings using AutoCAD. Maintained timesheets, expense reports, contracts, lines of credit, and – more... cost controls. Generated invoice payments. Projects included:

- North Field Distribution Center – Grapevine - Circuit City – Frisco
- City of Garland Maintenance Facility - Carr America – Richardson
- J.T. Turner Office/Warehouse – Rockwall - MacArthur Park Phase II – Las Colinas
- Blue Mountain Equipment, Inc. expansion - McKinney
- Abilene Christian University Williams Performing Art Center - Abilene

• Translated safety manuals, operating equipment manuals, and signs from English to Spanish for Habitat for Humanity Turnkey Ceremonies.
• Produced tilt wall panel books as a guide for concrete contactors to cast panels according to specs. – less
Nice
Agent, Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: own hours
It is a good place to work. It is up to you to make it happen. I learned a lot about the insurance business and business in general. Business to business sales is fun if you can get to the business owner. It can be like a game. I did my own thing , Aflac gave me everything i needed to succeed.
100% comission
Account Representative (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: high fast commission on sales, good training and management
Cons: 100% commission (no basic salary), there are starting costs (insurance license prep, insurance license test, company software/hardware)
The training and management was good, I learned a lot.

The problem I had is once you are hired and trained, you are on your own. If you don't sell, you don't get paid. If you have a bad month you do not receive a paycheck. Also you are technically self-insured and receive no company benefits other than reduced rates on AFLAC benefits.
A good place for a sales internship
Sales Associate Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Learned a lot of useful skills for sales. They teach you things many things about the insurance industry that are necessary for the business.
Aflec
Intern - Aflac insurance sliver springs MD (Former Employee), Springs, NYSeptember 14, 2014
making sales calls and going to business and talking to the owners
fun work place, need to always be doing something
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), North Caldwell, NJSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fast worker, always eary for work, stay late if the project needs to get doem, multi task, douple check my work
Cons: i can talk to much when i get into a comfortable enviroment
My current boss has taught me how to manage my time by having a to do list, start with the most important on time and the least important on the bottom. Since I've known her for year she's like family and any kind of criticism she gives me I listen to it and work on it. Also at the same time, I make sure her that she is up to date on her paperwork and – more... that I am a hard and fast worker. – less
Demanding at times, Productive, Flexible
Regional Recruiter/ Office Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible, friendly co-workers
Cons: healthcare
• Rate Sheets
• Job Fairs
• Marketing/Contest Emails – less
Great Opportunity
Sales (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INSeptember 10, 2014
Totally commission based pay is definitely scary, however AFLAC helps your get started quickly. Great management, great environment.
Great work/family balance
Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Enrollment and visits with future clients is a typical day in the office
Caring Company
Sales Insurance Agent (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2014
Typical day at work trying to get business accounts or direct sales. I learned alot working for AFLAC. Management is very helpful once you get your License to sale insurance with getting new accounts. Co-workers are fun and work hard because we are commission base only. The hardest part of this job is finding accounts. I love working for AFLAC fun and – more... friendly company. – less
demanding
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TxSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: very little support
Aflac has taught me a lot on how to be a self motivated person. It is much different then what I had done in the past but it is something that I do not regret trying,
Good Company
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
It was good. The pay was good and the hours were flexible. The hardest part of the job was the commute.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more