Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

a tough job
Aflac Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 30, 2015
A typical day is driving all over the city and knocking on doors to sale insurance. I learned that it takes two years before you make serious money. My co-worker was very patient and fun. The hardest part is making money.
A Complete 100 Percent Rip-Off
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioJune 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No salary, benefits, leads.
It's amazing this company has gotten away with this BS for so long. First, they prey on unemployed, down-on-their luck people. They bring you in, make all these promises, fill your head with ideas, and then... nothing.

You spend countless hours in training and meetings, and don't get one red cent for any of it. They sell you on the premise that you are your own boss, but yet supervisors harass you – more... daily about making cold calls, etc.

Mainly I drove around every day, wasting gas, to make cold calls to places that had already been visited by 100 other AFLAC agents. As you can expect, they generally weren't happy to see me. You MIGHT make a sale or two if you know people who work at a certain company, but chances are that they either already have AFLAC or they are not interested AT ALL in purchasing.

Then if you ever do get a lead, you won't get full commission because of course, your supervisor will go with you so he can get a piece of the pie.

I worked there two months and spent plenty of money on gas, lunches, business cards (they don't even give you free cards), and other stuff. It's just not worth it. All the hassle, rejection, meetings, pep talks, etc.., it's all garbage. Just a bunch of shysters trying to get over on people.

And top things off, after I left the company, they tried to take me to collections for 80 bucks I supposedly owed for "advance commission charge backs, advanced personal deductions or other items that were on my monthly statement."

First of all, I never asked for any advances. I didn't make any sales. The company basically wasted two months of my life, cost me money,and now you're trying to stick me for 80 bucks? I told AFLAC Collections to go ahead and take me to court. I'm not giving them one dollar. I'll trash them to any and every media outlet I know.

AFLAC should be ashamed for taking trying of advantage of people trying to make a decent living. The agents who are successful are the ones who were out making calls years ago. Nowadays, either companies have AFLAC already or they hate AFLAC and want nothing to do with it. There's no in between.

If you're willing to kill yourself without the promise of regular pay, go for it. You'd be better off working at a gas station or liquor store. At least you get a check. – less
Unproductive no vision by upper managerment
Application Programmer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 30, 2015
This place is not really a good IT shop and I think mainly because the allow the Insurance part of the business dictate the IT road map. Backwards old systems.
Sales of supplemental insurance products
Independent Sales (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJune 30, 2015
A typical day consists of a lot of driving, talking, and rejection. It's all about the numbers - especially to those above you.
Pay for your training, No Salary, and Door-to-Door cold calling!
Sales Executive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 29, 2015
Pros: Your hours; Up front commission
Cons: No salary, No leads, No training unless you pay for it, No leadership, You FEEL like an Insurance Agent LOL :)
I had recently sold my restaurant at the time, and was looking for entrepreneurial work advancement. I met some hiring managers at a job conference and actually went in for an 'Interview' thinking I was going to get a job! LOL!

I paid for numerous semi-formal training events from $175-$250 for a 1-3 day Sales training seminar. It's aggressive and you are required to get up and practice your sales – more... pitch!

3 months of working 8-5pm, wearing a business suit, driving from small business to business, waiting up to 2+ hours sometimes waiting to see a business owner, whom I thought I had an appointment with, only to be told: We already offer Medical insurance or, Our employees already complain that enough money is taken out of their pay; or, It's not enrollment time, or, that's not real insurance.

You're assigned to a 'Manager' who has you performing the leg work on your own dime and gas dollars. When and if you get a lead, they are suppose to come in and close the deal. Most of them look like IRS agents and they're cold as he ll, so the moment they walk in the room, the sale grows cold and the business Owner or HR Director no longer wants to do business.

It's an upfront commission based business on your own hours. You're given a pamphlet of information, asked to attend training you pay for to learn how to get your foot in the door, and will call or drive endlessly, sometimes weeks to only try and get a close on something a business and employees don't even need.

If you have spare time or money to live on for months, go for it. I suggest going into Real Estate! – less
Great work atmosphere
Agent (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 27, 2015
The most difficult part of this job is location. In Fort Smith, Arkansas, Aflac is a dirty word because of all the agents that have come and gone with the promise of good service but no follow through. It was commission based which was difficult because of the ideas of what Aflac was in this area. The management was great and backed you while helping you.
Energetic and fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Pros: Set your own time, and work days
Cons: comission only, highly competitive field
Days are quick relaxing, and very competitive and hard at times,as clients may cancel on you at anytime as its a commission only career
Fun workplace with flexible hours, and the oppurtunity to help someone every day.
sales agent (Former Employee), fort smithJune 25, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: Not being able to help the ones who are denied because of health conditions.
- A typical day at work starts early. I go business to business, and speak with the owners about AFLAC, and how we can help them by providing benifits to their employess, which in return would help their benifit, because statistics show that employees that have benefits threw their workplace, stay with the company longer and work harder.

- I could write a book about what I´ve learned, but – more... iĺl try to condense it. I have learned sales and different ways to get people to buy, Ive learned about laws, rules, and regulations in insurance, Ive learned how to market, and ive learned many different tequniques to use when setting an apointment; In person and on the phone, and Ive learned SO much more.

- Management was helpful, knowledgable, and friendly.

- My co-workers were all very proffesional, and I have became well aquainted with all of the local AFLAC employees.

- The hardest part of my job was knowing someone has a need for certain policies; whether that be because cancer runs in their family, or because they have health illnesses and not being about to provide the policy that they need, because they were denied for health reasons. So, the hardest part of this job was not being able to help the most desperate people.

- The most enjoyable part of this job was being in front of people communicating every day and getting to know the clients, and being able to provide them with something that would one day help keep them and their family afloat when the financial devistations of a cancer, or an accident, or the loss of a loved one were to happen. – less
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 25, 2015
Production driven, due to the innovative changes also a lot of changes with career advancement. Great coworkers and everyone is easy to get along with. Aflac has a great week once a year to celebrate their employees.
not great
Associate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2015
It is a great company with a great philosophy behind it. However, it is a commission-based job, and it was hard for me since I am not from the area where I worked. Lots of cold calling was certainly not a fun part of the job. The time flexibility was nice. At times I had to work 16 hours a day but I was able to do anything I needed to do throughout the week if it was necessary.
Customer Service Center
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), columbus, gaJune 24, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Leadership sucks
The company overall is a great company to work for; however, some of the leaders roles should be reviewed. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on and a lot of people are treated unfairly.
a normal office enviroment, a good enviroment to learn how to act appropriately in a certain setting
Sales and Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJune 24, 2015
Health and Accident precertification
Prospecting
Recruiting
Sales/Appointments
enjoyable internship but working around 1099 just isnt for me
amazing position and work family
Independent Associate (Current Employee), Erwin, NCJune 22, 2015
The environment is extremely fun, loving and supportive. This is a stress free position that makes working fun. Have the ability to make your own schedule, work at your own pace, and earn your own potential. Management staff and executive staff are extremely supportive and have the desire to help everyone succeed and be extremely successful
great place to work
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: better pay
absolutely love my job. its a great place to work and very family oriented. great benefits and EAW is awesome. i would recommend anyone to work at aflac.
It was an ok job/career
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Work from home with little office time
Cons: Very strict system guidelines
The overall view of the company was one of a "robotic" nature. The system they have in place (although it does provide results!) is one of step1, then do this, then do this, and end with this. No use for "thinking out of the box" type personalities.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Invoice Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus GaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Team contest for free lunches, employee incentives
Cons: Slow Promotions, pay not equal to education
A typical work day consisted of multitasking. I had to produce 98 files in one work day while maintaining at least 98 percent quality. In addition, I had to answer emails, make phone calls to internal and external customers. I worked our daily money report by reconciling and applying premiums to the correct policies. The last eight years of employment within Aflac, I performed with no direct supervision as a home teleworker. Overall, this is a great company to work for with many employee incentives.
Excellent managers and great friendly people to work with
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Houma, LAJune 16, 2015
- A typical day consisted of going to 20-30 business locations per day to schedule meetings with business owners.
- The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unfriendly potential clients, when I knew it was a product that could help them.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was filing claims for policyholders and seeing them get money.
Intern (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 16, 2015
Pros: Management, hours
Cons: Commission based salary
I learned so much while working at Aflac. Everyone in the office was always willing to help with any questions I had and the management level was full of leaders, not just managers.
Great place to work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Learned alot about time management
Cons: Need full time
I met some great people. Stayed busy most of the time. Very organized. I answered phone calls and made appointments. I have learned a lot from this job such as time management and how to get things done on a timely manor.
the trainers don't help new agents succeed.
Field sales (Former Employee), tampa floridaJune 12, 2015
Pros: good products, i have them and love them.
Cons: working for them was not anything i expected from a product i love so much.
if you don't get the right trainer, you will flounder. it's straight commission so without proper training you cannot succeed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries