Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,483 reviews matching the search
No complaints
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 24, 2017
Other than getting burnt out from working in the call center I have nothing negative to say about working for this company. I think if I was able to more to another department I would have stayed
Benefits
Cons
Non
Supportive flexible work environment, but no room for error
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 24, 2017
There is no backup or cushion if you have a bad month because it is commission/rewards only, and you need to plan on not making anything for the first 3 months while you train and build up your client base. That is the major downside.
On the plus side, if you are good with people and can take a lot of "no" answers without letting it get you down, you will do will great here. Training and leadership is very supportive - they do well when you do well.
Also, your own reliable transportation is required, though they won't say that. The only way you can be productive enough is if you can really stretch your territory.
Lastly, as a rep you are not eligible for all the products you offer to your clients, specifically short term disability. So you spend your day telling others how important it is to have a safety net in case of injury, but you are not allowed to invest in one for yourself through the company.
Pros
You set your own schedule
Cons
No steady pay structure
Commission only
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMarch 22, 2017
Commission only when starting out is very difficult. Gas prices are very significant in your bring home pay. There are no strict territories, therefore if you live in a border state; you could potentially call on a business that was seen by another representative 30 minutes earlier.
meh
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 22, 2017
I am not sure if the people i was working with were the best to deal with right out of the military. they seemed to be willing to help but then they fell through. it was a really good but painful working experience.
Pros
good products
Cons
bad and unhelpful management
no money
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Highland, NYMarch 22, 2017
very hard to make money make 300 + phone calls a day and it takes forever to close the deal on a sale. hard to focus and stay positive due to no money coming in, you don't feel like your actually working and doing something. very boring job.
Completely commission based
N/A (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 22, 2017
I just went in for an interview today to only find out thatsl its completely commission based and you have to struggle to get your clientele up. Which was not for me. The environment was calm and no stress but also the interview process was shotty and herd us in a room like cattle. The only thing i would suggest they do is to put that its commission based so people would actually know what there in for. Not put full time like its hourly. Cause its not.
Pros
Cons
Commission based
Great!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAMarch 21, 2017
September 2016 to present. Engage customers about their sleep habits, to try and match them with a bed that will optimize their rest. Duties also include: opening and closing store, reconciling cash drawer, making and receiving inventory shipments, as well as answering incoming phone calls.
Good to meet new people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NCMarch 20, 2017
It takes quite a few months before you make any income and you have a few days that someone goes out in the field to train with you but after that you are on your own. Very nice people but I need income a soon as possible.
Friendly, professional environment
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 20, 2017
It is a great place to work if you're really great at sales and can afford to live on a salary derived entirely from commission. It would have been better if there had been some base salary.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
100% of salary is commission
Challenging place to make a living
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2017
Good culture, lots of positive people but it is strait sales with no base. Be prepared to do a lot of cold calling. You also will be driving your own vehicle all over the planet chasing prospects and trying to develop business.
Pros
Good training
Cons
strait commission
I enjoy the Insurance Industry
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 15, 2017
I am always up for a challenge. I have found that in Insurance. The simple fact that there is always something new to learn everyday is what keeps my interest. I would like to create a career being an Insurance Agent. I have over 9 years in customer service. Helping people gives my life meaning. I chose Insurance because my job is to protect people from experiencing financial catastrophe. To me, that is "giving back".
Pros
I am a perfectionist
Cons
Sometimes being a perfectionist can be a bit stressful.
Career with Flexibility
Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 14, 2017
Difficult business based on individual building a business for themselves. No typical day as travel and interacting with prospective clients is just as common as office hours.
Great Company
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 13, 2017
Great company. Solid training program. Nice working flexibility and hours. What you put into it, you get out of it! The staff is great and always there to support everyone!
good
Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2017
good company to work for. only bummer is that it is 100% commission. So if you do not sell you will not get paid. Good for experience if you want to get into sales.
Heart Filling Position
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2017
This is not an easy position, but it's rewarding! You touch many many lives working for AFLAC. You must be very organized and focus to be an AFLAC agent. You have to love what you do.
Pros
Flexible hours Next day pay
Cons
Getting your leads
productive and fun
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 9, 2017
very good and loving team, directors r very cooperative , decent encouraging.. u feel all is one big family
hardest part of the job was to bring leads and do cold calls
B 2 B sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 9, 2017
No significant sales while at Aflac. I wasn't successful doing Business to Business Sales for this company due to the economic down turn of the economy in 2008-2009.
Pros
I was my own boss
Cons
No benefits, saturated market
No pay, no structure, pyramid scheme
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 9, 2017
This place boasts that it is a fortune 100 company but do not believe the hype. Most everyone who works there makes very little money and has to have a second, sometimes third, job.
Great Flexibility
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 9, 2017
At Aflac you are basically your own boss. You get to create your own hours and work days. Have to be organized and a self starter. You get back what you put out.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commission based
Meh
Management (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 8, 2017
Working here was tolerable. I noticed however that despite management offering high wages that most people drove dilapidated vehicle and were constantly scrounging for money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

89%