Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,485 reviews matching the search
Aflac Corp is an excellent company
Ca INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The local management will either make you or break you. Local management in Modesto/Stockton/Sacramento areas are micro managers. Micro management to the point that they push good smart employees away. You have to play games and jump through hopes in order not to become a target. There are way too many reports to fill out, meetings and conference calls each and every week. Most management in this local area are under educated in general and they definitely do not know or understand how to manage employees. They are completely counter productive in these issues. This company does not pay you to fill out reports and go to meetings. You will not be reimbursed for your gas to go to required meetings. No benefits.

Aflac as a company does great things for their policyholders. The corp offices are awesome. They pay well and pay quick. Easy product to sell.
Pros
Pays well and fast
Cons
Local management in this area lack education in all areas.
Hard to get started
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Manns Harbor, NCJanuary 3, 2017
My current position is a lot of fun. I enjoy working with clients and helping them find affordable health benefits. However the lack of help from management at start up is frustrating. There are no leads given and you start completely from blank. I love the people I work with and my district manager, however it is very hard to start from scratch. I wish they would just help a little in leads at start up. The compensation and rewards for meeting sales goals are great .I do like that they try to take care of their employees in that sense. However, the goals and expectation are hard to meet when you are new to the field and are not given anything to begin your search.
Pros
Great people and compesation
Cons
Hard to get started
Amazing company to work with and very team oriented
Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Assist with all aspects of administrative management, including but not limited to directory maintenance, logistics, monitoring and coordinating between athletic departments.
Tack Claims for Policyholders and AFLAC Agents.
Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Word Processing, Internet, email, copier and fax. Answering telephone, faxes and email correspondences.
Greeting customers and serving as the liaison for office visitors.
Organization of office supplies and collecting/distributing mail and
adhering to HIPPA Laws, standards and requirements.
Pros
Semi flexible house
Cons
no benefits
Proceed with Caution
Independent Agent/Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
Do not get caught up in the glamour of being a benefits consultant/advisor for Aflac. Yes, there is unlimited earning potential because it is a commission sales job, but there are disadvantages to this. If you are not the sales person type or a strong entrepreneurial go-getter, then take this job with caution. I advise having a part-time job as you do this because you are hardly getting paid for your hard work and efforts. It will take a long time before you see any commission coming your way, but when you do see it, it will be worth it to see your hard work being paid off.
Pros
work culture, flexibility, work/life balance
Cons
benefits, pay, training
This company will hire anyone and pays 0 base pay
District Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJanuary 26, 2017
To sum up what this company does, they will hire just about anybody (no experience or education needed) as long as the new hire is willing to create a list of 100 possible leads. Since the company does not offer any salary, base pay, benefits, etc, there is absolutely no reason not to "hire" any person willing to give it a shot since most new hires will provide their list of 100 "leads" to the "District Manager" responsible for bringing this person on board. The only positive experience I gained from this role was learning how to cold-call and rely on myself for generating leads at an early age. This skill still helps me every work day. This job also taught me what to avoid when seeking employment in the sales field.
Pros
learned to be self-reliant
Cons
little support, no base pay, high cancellation rate, and many more
Not for everyone
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2016
Yes you can choose your schedule, but really you can't. You will have a district manager that will micromanage even through they say they won't. There is very little teaching/training and it is all about getting appointments. If you don't have a problem walking into peoples businesses and interrupting their day, you can be successful and make good money. If you respect peoples boundaries and right to not be bothered by sales people everyday I would suggest you find a different career. Plus you don't get paid unless you set up an account. Probably why they don't care if they teach/train you at all. Also, they don't offer benefits, which is funny considering what you are selling.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Little Training
good company
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of incentives and bonuses. Reaching those all depends on your ability to close accounts. If you don't have outside sales experience, your success is largely dependent on the District Sales Coordinator who trains you. (Could be the case fore those with experience in the field, too) An incompetent DSC= total failure unless you request to change districts. Don't be afraid to do so! I struggled for months until I was assigned to a different team-- I wish I would have been more communicative of how useless my first DSC was.
While the commission structure is nice, it's unfortunate that there isn't a base salary to help get new associates started as they learn what it takes to reach the commissions.
Pros
create your own schedule, new contests introduced all the time
Cons
no base pay, no benefits, no guarantee of income
Best Insurance product
Insurance Marketing 20K (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 16, 2016
They have an incredible product easy to present wonderfull management and co-workers. Great compensation. However thier is a terrible flaw in the process. As you are getting started with them even if you have many connections if you try to work those instead of the very uncomfortable door to door cold calling you have no lead protection. The reason the door to door was so uncomfortable is because most of the time you were the 5th or 6th person this week trying to get drop by meeting with the owner of the company. I finally had to get a paying job rather than work on building my paycheck.
Pros
Great product
Cons
No lead protection
Large well-known company and you really feel a part of something bigger
MARKET COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 1, 2017
I loved working for Aflac even for the very short time frame I had with them. You are really treated like part of a family with Aflac. I loved the location of my office and was even given my very own huge office space all to myself. I typically worked an 8 AM - 4 PM schedule Monday-Friday. I was off and paid for all holidays from the very beginning. I loved only working with only three other people in the office, as I felt I got more accomplished that way compared to working in a large office setting. I learned to be thankful for any opportunities that are presented to you, even if they happen to not turn out how you would have liked in the end.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great pay, own office space, company paid cell phone and laptop, accessibility to work from home when needed.
Cons
Laid off after shortly starting with the company
High ratings on Work/Life Balance
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Aflac is the first company I contracted with for Insurance Sales. The position was ideal because it offered me a flexible schedule and allowed me to be available to my young son. A typical day involved marketing to new prospects or conducting open enrollment group meeting with payroll accounts, and subsequent individual meetings to enroll employees in supplemental life and health plans. The managers were theoretically peers in my organization and are like-minded self employed insurance professionals who provided a great support system. The challenge was maintaining consistency in writing business during the changing economy.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commission only with no benefits
Great experience in sales and customer marketing
Benefit Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 3, 2017
Days mostly consisted of cold calling arriving at businesses to inform business owners of Aflac and the opportunities associated with Aflac. 100% commission salary based. Very supportive local as well as up the chain management. Hardest part of the job was consistency of sales initially. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people and see new businesses emerging around the community and getting to know them and their services or products.
Pros
Choose your own hours and style
Cons
100% commission
Pretty Good except the supervisor
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2016
Great company to work for. I hated the call center as most people do. I got cursed out every day, people called in crying cause their claim had not paid or was not going to pay due to them not reading their policy before they bought it and agents not telling the truth about the policies clients were purchasing, older people called in and wanted to talk cause they were lonely but we got in trouble for talking to long, calling the claims department to much to get claims paid, agents telling clients lies about what their policies pay and would not pay and fraudulent claims being called in daily. Aflac is a great company but the call center was not for me. Crazy A#$ supervisor was no help either. Manager was Awesome! Crazy thing about it was the Manager had been through far more than the supervisor had in real life. Manager was so humble and nice and caring. Far more than I can say about the supervisor.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Being cursed out daily and people crying
A way to learn great communication skills
Sales Agent/Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2017
Typical day during the internship would be making cold calls and collecting leads. Went on various presentations, and meetings with my boss. Learned great public speaking, interpersonal, and time management skills. The culture was great and everyone I met in the company were as nice as could be. Only downside to the job is that their isn't a base salary so starting out young would be a challenge.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Commission Based
Productive and fun workplace with a great work/life balance
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
Great place for anyone who is looking for a work/life balance. The camaraderie among everyone in the organization is something you rarely find in the workplace.

If you are someone who is looking for some flexibility, compensation for your time, and building something you can be proud of... I would encourage you to check Aflac's career opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Lack of benefits
Sales
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 27, 2017
Aflac seems to be great company that provides a lot of benefits and perks if you put the work in. One issue I have with this job is when interviewing, I said I didn't care for door to door sales or phone telemarketing. Turns out the first year or more is spent doing just that until you build your client list to the point that you can work on referrals. If you don't need to make money now and can wait it out until you build a good client list, seems like a simple and profitabe career to transition into.
Fast Pace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 20, 2017
I have loved working for AFLAC the last 7 years where it was easy to exceed my current income with excellent training and caring mentors! AFLAC is hands down the security employers and employees are looking for with such a flux in benefits! It's all about attitude organization and being coachable. Now I receive residual income each month that is over half of what I was making pre Aflac before I even get out of bed! If you enjoy people and being on the move this is a WIN WIN!
Pros
People, Training, Flexibility, Income
Cons
Being your own boss, handling rejection, staying out of the office and feet on the street!
Great place to begin your own business.
Assistant Manager/ Insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
This company allows their employees the freedom of making their own hours and working as little or as much as they would like. The company is great when it comes to being supportive of their employees. The most difficult part of the job is that it is commission only. You have to work hard to find clients and the employee is not always certain when they will receive a paycheck.
Pros
own hours
Cons
lack of benefits
Great Company, Tough Market
Benefits Consultant (Independent Associate) (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 16, 2016
Aflac is a great company, that is still family owned and operated. Solid insurance products, nice monetary compensation (commission based), and many friendly coworkers.

Greatest Challenge: Cold calling is challenging, and some areas are flooded with sales agents, which leads to businesses being frustrated by constant solicitation. Also takes time to build customer base, so need to be OK with little income over first 8-12 months.

Selling Aflac is lucrative if you have time and drive to make it through the first year. Most sales agents are friendly and willing to help new hires. Flexible schedule when self-employed
Pros
Excellent Commission Structure
Cons
First year is spent cold calling and building business
Great company with some opportunities for improvement
Project Management IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 11, 2016
This is a very employee considerate company. When they talk about work/life balance they mean it. The same thing goes for employee appreciation. They have an entire week for celebrating their employees and they carry that attitude through the year.

Problems - Their compensation could be improved. They need to compete with Atlanta salaries instead of Columbus Salaries.
Pros
EAP - Profit Sharing
Cons
Compensation
Awesome place to work and great people
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company immensely. I learned about supplemental insurance and the benefits of having them, how to speak to large groups of people. This is a very family oriented company. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to deliver a claim check to someone who was in desperate need of the money. This created a feeling of really making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
As a salesperson you work on a 100% commission basis and this can be hard to get accustomed to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

88%