Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

Excellent products, great people.
Sales Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great products, great training, good support
Cons: difficult to sell products due to unfamiliarity with the products by the customer base.
Aflac is a great company, I have no bad experiences with the company, the staff or the products.
Productive fun place to work
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Marion, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commission only
The hardest part of the job was being able to recruit new clients, especially with the economy. My co-workers and managers were very motivating and encouraging.
Great if you like Commissions
Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 26, 2014
Pros: lots of family time, set your own schedule, freedom, you are your own boss
Cons: freedom, every business has had an agent in before you, people can be pretty harsh/rude, commission only, no guaranteed income
This job is great if you can handle being commission only, the training isn't the best, but the products really sell themselves because they are so great, and since the brand is pretty popular, it is pretty easy to start a conversation about them. Only problem is every agent and their mother has been around the block and tried every single business – more... there is. So it is like trying to pet a beaten dog, it really doesn't work well, but when people do see how good of a product you have, and you actually sell it. The commissions are well worth it. After 10 years you are 100% vested and get to keep all commissions whether you are with AFLAC or not. – less
Great work/home balance
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: own schedule, be your own boss, great customers, great management
Cons: commission only
Worked at AFLAC in two different states. You're able to easily relocate if need be! Management is great and you are able to make your own schedule because you are your own boss!
Stressful place to work; team leads suck!!!
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2014
Cons: communication is sometimes kept between a few people, instead of everyone that needs to know. stress of not knowing how long employment will last.
Working at Aflac would be a little bit more enjoyable if my department had supervisors and team leads who actually wanted to help you; instead of saying think outside the box, how about you try assisting your employees and helping us understand what needs to be done. We are supposed to get 2 walk arounds everyday from a team lead who sometimes never – more... shows up or if the person doing the walk around is off, none of the other team leads will come around and check on you. They always have their Instant Message statuses on Busy or Do Not Disturb, you can walk over to see them and they give you this look or say they are so busy.....its ridiculous. We have a heavy workload with not enough employees to manage. They harp so much on production but its hard to meet production when you have to go through a middle person (account manager) to get information and they are backed up. I am a temp employee right now through Randstad and I would not recommend Randstad or applying at Aflac for Accounting Specialist positions to anyone. – less
unsupportive office
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TXAugust 21, 2014
As a company, I would recommend their products to everyone. The office that I work at is another thing. The supervisor that hired me trained me for three days and then stopped to train a new agent. My supervisor told me that she would make sure that one of the other senior agents continued my training. That was mid-March of this year and I have yet – more... to be contacted by any of the other agents to continue my training. – less
Mediocre. Requires IMMENSE dedication & time.
Insurance Agent (Supplemental Health) (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 21, 2014
Overall experience was mediocre. AFLAC would help train you, and did their best to benefit you on any basis. However, many of the things required by the company in order to actually be profitable, one must come out their pocket to pay for training, licensure costs, etc. Training does take quite some time, and the expenses are not reimbursed. Beginning – more... to work under this company, it requires an extensive amount of time, dedication, and effort to actually make money. – less
Excellent Opportunity
District Manager (Former Employee), KENTUCKYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: financially rewarding, i made 71, 000 my first year, then never less than 100k
Cons: no paid training, no benefits, lots of travel
If you are a self starter, you like to help people and you don't mind working hard, this is a super sweet gig. If you're lazy, you will fail.
BEWARE
Independent Associate Representative (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule, make as much $$$ as you want
Cons: not steady pay and hard industry to enter
your to your own devices, your not given any direction and am constantly told to hit your marks. You do not make a dime before selling something. business have been hit so hard by Aflac you'll be lucky to be able to continue talking to a business owner after you tell them who you represent. no co-workers , your on your own.
great people not great job
Sales Agent (Current Employee), KSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: trainer was supportive
Cons: all commission
long hours with no guarantees. The people you work with are nice but that doesn't make up for the mean and evasive people that you have to go cold calling to. The job is pretty much all cold calling. I would at lease make it that way before you try and get all your friends and family to sign up.
What a great place to work!
Executive Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2014
I had a great experience working at AFLAC. The management is top-notch, and the work atmosphere is pleasant. There many opportunities for advancement, and staff was encouraged to take advantage of classes offered to further advancement in the company, and in life in general.
Learning Culture and History
Business Consultant/ Broker (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: connecting and building unbreakable bond with alot of influential and upbuilding people
Direct liaison between external clients, personal staff and vendors.
make and complete travel arrangement and lodging accommodations with and for high profile events nationwide to meet and entertain new or existing board member and their constituents.
good
Relationship Development Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 12, 2014
great work life great compensation great benefits great job security amazing management and love the job culture
Aflac was a wonderful place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2014
Aflac was a great place to work. The leaders of Aflac are very friendly and show a genuine concern for their employees!
No Thanks
agent (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 11, 2014
Don't waste your time

It is horribly run and there is no structure
job from yrs ago
Claims Specialist III (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: learning insurance policy & procedures
Cons: don't remember
Claims Processor, Sickness Disability - 2006, can't recall to much more then this.
Great Company
Independent Representative (Current Employee), Medford, ORAugust 9, 2014
Helping customers with their insurance needs with the rising costs of high deductibles.
Call Center/ Claim Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2014
Filed claims for current policies. Outbound and inbound calls from dr. offices.
Productive and friendly work place.
Accident Claims Examiner II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2014
Great place to work.
Very productive work environment.
Management very helpful.
Independent Agent
Sales Agent & District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no health benefits
I was and independent agent paid on a commission bases.

Work 8 plus hours a day.

Learned the insurance business.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more