Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,629 reviews matching the search
Learned a lot
Claims Research Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2017
Not a horrible place to work. They expect a lot but don't give much in return. Must work O.T. or it can reflect poorly on your yearly evaluation. Company doesn't pay employees nearly enough.
Very stressful
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJune 25, 2017
Unless you are a seasoned sales person and can sell a ice to an Eskimo, i would not recommend this job. I put way too many miles on my vehicle for the compensation.
Pros
Self-employed
Cons
Use your own vehicle.
Fast paced and competative
Brokerage Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 24, 2017
Working for Aflac in the field is an independent position unless you work at the HQ in Columbus, GA. You write your own paycheck based on how hard you work. There are no benefits offered to the field force. You are an independent businessman and must provide your own benefits.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No job security.
Fun
Agent (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MoJune 23, 2017
Great company.
.Team players. Very helpful to new Agents.

Started early. Went on calls either already had appointments or cold calls.
The people I worked with were super.
Pros
Goal Setting, Fun, relaxed.
Cons
Cold Calls not for me.
Fast paced and productive
Claims Administrator and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 23, 2017
Fast Paced and productive environment with customer service and satisfaction being of utmost importance. Working close with Sales Representatives to ensure that all accounts are provided with excellent service
Pros
Enjoyed working with fellow employees
Opportunity for the self-starter consistent individuals only!!!
Administrator/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 23, 2017
Great opportunity if you are not afraid and know how to hustle, this is commission only, so do not quit your other job or find something else until your book of clients start to fill up.
deceptive, divisive, but still may be worth it.
COORDINATOR IN TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
the products are great. the people are great. Issues can come up because it is 100 percent commission based and chargebacks and no pays can kill profitability. Management tells you you own your own business but has a hand in everything. much more like owning a franchise than owning a business. The career structure makes being in management highly preferable to being an agent. When people quit their accounts go upstream and turnover is very high. There should be much more training. the combination of no training, aggressive sales policies, and high turnover has made the market highly hostile to AFLAC agents making it hard even for the good ones. That all being said if you can make it several years the renewals and options and stock and bonuses and freedom and growth make it worth it. Most people would do better if they do it part time.
Pros
growth, experience, income streams
Cons
deceptive, divisive, hard to start/stay. hostile market.
Very Stressful Work environment
Senior Account Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 21, 2017
The position I held at Aflac required a lot of long hours and the pay did not reflect that. Management was not appreciative of my efforts to make the customer happy. The department I worked in was very cut-throat and stressful.
Used car salesman wanted
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2017
If you're greedy and have no soul then it's a great place for you. The income potential is high but you must be willing to lie, cheat and steal from the working class to earn it.
Marketing and Sales Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 20, 2017
I did not like it at all. You cant get paid unless you get your certification. If you are a college student like me focusing on college courses do not work here. Plus a str8 sales job. No sales no money.
Support Services
Replenishment Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2017
Support services is a big team that serves as the backbone of the company. Aflac encourages employee tenure situations rather than constantly flipping employees which is great but limits advancement opportunities in certain areas. Overall my time with the company has been enjoyable and a great first sample of "Corporate America".
Pros
Frequent giveaways, employee interaction opportunities, benefits are top notch
Cons
No pto until first 90 days was a real inconvenience for a single parent
Good company to learn many new things
Java/J2EE Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2017
In AFLAC, there is always chance to learn new things by working on it. Everyone are given a chance to learn new things and volunteer if they are interested .
Flexible around your schedule
Inten (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 19, 2017
Good place to work. Your responsible for assisting the district managers in there day to day work. You need to schedule interviews, recruit, and answer any questions that are asked to you.
aflac
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 15, 2017
flexible work schedules. customer service skills. benefit skills. vacation at anytime if needed. commission based pay. great bonuses. growth in the company happens alot.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
commission
n/a
Claims Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 15, 2017
Love working for Aflac! I process accident claims. The management staff goes above and beyond to help if needed. The entire company is exceptional. Go Aflac!
Great opportunity if you can wait to get paid
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
Training and mentorship at the Paradise Region of AFLAC out of Salinas and South San Jose. After 18 months with AFLAC, first as administrative assistant and quickly into the sales role, I really had high hopes of creating an amazingly profitable and flexible career with AFLAC, taking advantage of their 10-year plan where all your accounts remain yours forever. However, after earning so little for so long, less by far than I could have earned simply Ubering 6-7 hours/day, I had to move on. The people, both in management and in the sales force, are wonderful, but it takes a supportive spouse with a very good salary to afford the long running start to get accounts built up as this position is 100% commission.

The hardest part of the job is the cold-calling over the phones and in person. I enjoyed enrolling employees in policies and it really didn't take many to make a descent commission, but sometimes you can spend a whole day or two enrolling and not make much at all. Much of what you do in your AFLAC career is unpaid as you only earn when you sell a policy. I tried hard to never sell something an employee would not need.

I came into this career excited to try my hand at sales after years of being a business owner with my husband. I will return to admin roles because I learned that I need the regular pay and my strengths lie in supportive roles. The flexibility of this role is what inspired me also to give it a try, but if you are really doing well, there is not much flexibility and you find yourself working into the night at times. Should you succeed, there
  more... is a need to have support staff to help with claims and mass amounts of paperwork required.  less
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule
Cons
Earnings needed to support a family in this area are hard to reach
Aflac
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2017
Great place to work. Appreciates employees. Makes employees really reach their potential by having competitions and posting weekly team quality scores.
What Learned
Intern (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2017
I learned to go and get what I want and not show any ounce of fear. I showed no fear towards different CEOs of different businesses, that's the mindset Aflac instilled in me and I thank them a lot for that.
Great Products
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
See the following website www.aflac.com for details regarding the products and services for AFLAC supplemental insurance products. Great benefits to help you through unexpected events.
Good
Bad
Responsibilities:
Insurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 11, 2017
Talk to potential clients
Make appointments from cold calls
Discuss different insurance plans
Write up plans
study new insurance laws and conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.