Aflac Employee Reviews in United States

Showing all 1,198 reviews
Does not care about their Sales Agents
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 23, 2016
Does not care about their Sales Agents. Puts a hundred out in the field and only cares about the Company getting paid. Not enough training and you feel like you are being thrown out to the wolves.
Not my favorite job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2016
Compensation for this job is good for insurance sales. Problem is limited training. They are more worried about how to cold call then if you know their product
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
lots of competition within the company
Aflac has great customer service, and Eaw is a different experience.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 22, 2016
Aflac is a great insurance company, and they have great customer service skills, only one con,support services management could be better with there employees.
fun
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2016
fun, friendly, good company to move up in. top notched benefits, good learning environment. the pay is ok it could be better
Great Company to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 17, 2016
Depended heavily on self motivation to cold call perspective businesses in person on a regular basis.
Public Speaking in front of groups to explain benefits of various insurance policies
income was based 100% on commissions.
Help clients to file Claims
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
long time to build steady income
The rewarding part of this position is helping the policy holders.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS/Evanston, WYAugust 17, 2016
If you are looking to get rich fast and easy this is not the job for you! This company is helping people better than anyone else like them. Their product and access to information is above and beyond any other. However, you have to WORK for it!! What you put in is what you get out!
Excellent Company with Job Security
Customer Service Representative II, Aflac (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a customer service representative with Aflac. I answered calls regarding supplemental insurance policies. The job was challenging because there are no breaks in between calls, calls are monitored and must be completed within a certain timeframe. Nevertheless, these are common procedures amongst most call centers. The managers are extremely helpful and supportive, and it is easy to establish business "friendships" with employees. The benefits are phenomenal. The only reason why I left was to complete my education. I would be happy to return to Aflac.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant inbound calls
Pleasant atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 13, 2016
Wonderful management and co-workers. Management always provides encouragement and incentives to increase productivity.
Aflac
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2016
It's a good place to work if you have someone to support you financially while you build your book of business. Until you have been at it for a few years things will be difficult.
Best Place to Work as an Intern
Benefit Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 11, 2016
I learned so much from my summer at Aflac. From the internship, I learned aspects of sales, marketing, business to business communications and so much more.
Productive work environment with constant growth in the company
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
* always opportunities to cross train within the department
* management always willing to help you advance
* large fortune 500 company with constant changes and growth opportunity
* I loved working for a company that was very diverse
Pros
growth opportunity, always celebrating the employees and their hardwork
Cons
constant changes to business processes made day to day work difficult at times
Very good Team of leaders
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 5, 2016
The training team is a very well oiled machine. Wish there was more time in a day to go to businesses. Very demanding work hours not suitable for one income families. You should be good at sales. Also be comfortable at bombarding businesses multiple times. They are a great company to work for just not my gig.
Pros
Very good training
Cons
not working for your self it is very demanding
Fun Workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 1, 2016
Great work environment, great people. There's so much to learn, everyone is willing to help one another. The regional office always consist of event for the everyone to work closely together. It's definitely always a team effort.
Very organized company that loves its employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2016
I will honestly say that Aflac was the best company I have ever worked for and I am definitely going to strive to get back there once my health is stabilized. They treat their customers and employees with respect and I love that! It was a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches, free events, regular gifts
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work as long as you say YES
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2016
Exc. Managment does not want to hear about what may be the right thing to do or what may be required of the company, they simply want to hear yes, even when yes is not the right answer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Good ole boy network
Commission work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2016
A good place to work, advancement tricky, training tricky, teamwork needs improvement, gap between new agents and veterans and workload too wide, parameters need adjusting
Fun work environment but strictly commission based job
Recruiting/Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 22, 2016
Aflac has a good/fun company culture. Only issue I had was that the position was strictly commission based. There are small competitions that the company organizes in order to boost productivity.
Pros
Fun culure
Cons
commission based
Summer 2016 HR/Social Media Intern
Human Resources/Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 20, 2016
I'm only one month into the Aflac Torrance Summer 2016 internship program, but I only have good things to say about my experience so far!

As an intern, our responsibilities are to recruit/interview potential candidates and schedule the qualifying candidates to come in for a first interview. We are also responsible for managing the office's social media pages (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook).

Because my career goal is to become a recruiter, this internship is perfect for me! I've gotten some insights on cues and hints on what does or does not make a person a good candidate.

There is a total of 10 or 11 interns, I believe, but I love working with them all! The office set up doesn't make it so we're each in a cubicle cut off from everyone, the environment is open so we're all face to face which I appreciate. I'm also very appreciative of our supervisor because of her straightforwardness, she's helped us each improve our weaknesses as the weeks have gone by and is also very helpful and really nice!
The agents who work in the office are all also very friendly with each of us, and willing to help us if we need it. You can tell how much they all love their jobs too, which definitely makes for a good work environment.

I gave the "compensation" 3 stars, because the internship is unpaid, however I'm mainly here for the experience, not the money.
Despite the compensation, I would definitely recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in recruiting and/or managing a social media account for a business!
Aflac
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CTJuly 20, 2016
Aflac is an awesome company to work for. However, it is very hard work. It is basically running your own business. Therefore you must be dedicated and hardworking for it to pay off. The biggest thing in this business is to be extremely organized. The pay is great once you get to the point of helping people when you sign them up for one of Aflac's many policies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Commission based