Aflac Employer Reviews

gratifying position helping clients with claims filing process
Regional Administrator (Former Employee), Ogallala, NENovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benifits
Was a gratifying job assisting clients with the claims process
Setting interviews an assisting new sales associates get started in the business was challenging.
Great place to work with many benefits, great work environment, management, colleagues, benefits and salaries.
Application Developer (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, benefits, and a good work/life balance.
I enjoy working at Aflac. I typically attend to customers needs daily and help them fix problems. I also have worked on numerous projects that enhanced our insurance applications including helping Aflac get on board to the Private Exchange, and merging with the USAA Private Exchange as well. I have a great manager, who is easy to work with, always elevating – more... changes to our insurance applications ahead of deadlines. I enjoy working with my co-workers who are very helpful, technically, and who I enjoy helping as well. – less
great team atmosphere
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegasn NVOctober 29, 2014
Excellent opportunity to provide financial security for your family.
Customer Support Rep (Current Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 29, 2014
Aflac is a great place to work. A typical day consisted of both internal and external customer interaction.
Good Company
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 28, 2014
AFLAC has a great product and can help people save what's most important to them. As an agent it can be tough since it is a full commission job and requires a lot of patience.
over saturated with tons of agents covering the same territory
Independent Agent (Current Employee), SWFLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 1099, flexible hours
Cons: cannot make a living here
Was asked to do an immense amount of paperwork, not computer work. Paper. Needed to pay $1600 for a company computer that is relatively worthless if you don't stay here. And worst of all so many companies already have Aflac or want nothing to do with Aflac. The market is so over saturated that when you find a crumb it really is just that, a tiny piece – more... of business.

Now if you have read this far then you get the bonus. When interviewing as to see the sales leader board. Multiply that number by 25% and that is what everyone is making. 1099 before taxes and expenses. In my area, SWFL, there are over 1100 agents and most don't make minimum wage. So if you don't believe me look at the leader board and ask what percentage you would receive and ask yourself if you can live off of that.

And finally, who gets all of the leads from the tons of TV commercials? You don't, but someone does. – less
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
A lot of freedom, and opportunity to be extremely successful, however the market is oversaturated with licensed agents.
Must be comfortable with door knocking to make sales
Agent (Former Employee), Tri-Cities, TNOctober 24, 2014
Cons: commission only; no benefit package
Great Company, Great People, Very good training. Commission-based selling requires agents to 'door knock' many businesses, and use referrals and recommendations to grow your business. Able to help many individuals who don't have proper health care coverage to get supplemental insurance for catastrophic events such as accidents, disabilities, etc.
Independent Sales Agent
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Houston TXOctober 23, 2014
We would have team meetings once a week, but for the rest of the week is was typically cold calling, door to door. I would either go by myself or team up with another agent. Definitely have to leave your fears behind.
Fun but calm environment.
Recruiter/Assistant (Former Employee), culver cityOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at here started with a cup of coffee, checking emails,
and reviewing resumes.
Great place to work!
Insurance Sales (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: open scheduling and company sponsored trips
Cons: commission based
A typical day at work involves going out and getting to know business owners. I've learned people skills. The management style is laissez faire. My co-workers are awesome and there is much cohesion and little backbiting or gossiping. The hardest part of the job is that working for commission is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is schedule – more... freedom . – less
Meet and educate people to fullfill their needs
Sales of supplemental (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and meeting new people
Cons: commision only and paybacks
Love the AFLAC product and that I could set my schedule. While working for AFLAC I learned a lot about customer service, working with company owners and staff. I enjoyed meeting new people and networking. Insurance is a very important product that few people are ever really educated about and I feel should be exposed to in some degree while high school – more... as part of planning for their future. It would make me happy to be able to present a check to a client that was able to benefit from the product they bought.

I did not like that was a commissions only company and that if the policy holder or the company cancels their policy before the first year is up that the small upfront money you were given would have to be paid back by the agent. Because of this you do learn to not over sell a client. The hardest part of the job is cold sales and being told no before a person really knows what they are saying no to. – less
Independent insurance salesman
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good products with claims paid honestly and quickly.
Cons: straight commission
I worked with an honest, quality company selling their products, opening and service accounts, and winning numerous awards.
Excellent Experience
INSURANCE AGENT AFLAC (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility, sense of accomplishment
Cons: difficult to make sufficient income.
Learned to manage my time and optimize territory management. Learned to refine cold-calling skills. Refined presentation skills. The most difficult part of the job was to overcome the large amount of competing agents that were calling on businesses. The most enjoyable part of the job was to overcome the large amount of competing agents that were calling – more... on the businesses and excel at that. – less
I truly love working for Aflac but now that I am a studen at Georgia Piedmont Techical college I cant afford to work on commission
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: building long lasting relationship with my customers
Cons: not enough hours in a day
First day of the week I would make plan which company that would be interested in Aflac product. Make contact with the desicion maker of the company. Set appointment for presentation then find out what product the employee's needed then write their policys.
Not the job I thought it was going to be.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: job security, room for advancement, performance based awards
Cons: not much work/life balance
When initially recruited for the position, it seemed idyllic; nights and weekends off, no holiday hours, and its just statistics that you would get appointments based on the number of calls you were willing to make. The reality was not at all what they described. No base pay, so unless you can live off of your savings for about 6 months, or you can – more... stand working 80hrs a week because you have to work a second job because you can't afford to live off your savings then this is for you. I could not deal with the amount of hours it took to actually get any appointments. This was a very frustrating position for me. – less
40 hours a week driven in the car
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Greenville ,scOctober 20, 2014
making 100 door to door call a week, taking to make appointments with new business. meeting on monday . good to work if you having a saving account.
Very good products and brand exposure
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 20, 2014
Seems to saturate the market with too many agents. Very good brand awareness. The training needs some tweeking.
Great company to work for! Great benefits, incentives, and pay!!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches; employer paid benefits; salary; customer service week and much more
Cons: stressful environment at times
Thankful to have worked for a company that treats you like your right at home! Wonderful "work family" environment. Management is particular about little things that can get stressful (in the call center that is). Job is kind of difficult and takes a lot of research to get the job done right. But its enjoyable and "do-able" as long as YOU make it enjoyable!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: work on own time
Cons: 100% commission
Went from business to business to set up new insurance accounts and servicing existing accounts. It was very difficult to get appointments in a small market.

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more