Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

Very energetic group of people, very positive environment
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 13, 2015
Pros: Very positive work environment, great product
Cons: 100% commission
My coworkers are great, they all know how to have fun and they are very good at what they do. Aflac is a great company that takes care of their policyholders and has a very good product to sell.
Useless Internship
SALES REPRESENTATIVE INTERN (Former Employee), College ParkApril 11, 2015
Pros: You get a little aflac duck stuffed animal.
Cons: Everything but the little stuffed duck. Beware
I was a cold calling pawn. You are paid nothing unless you can manage to set up a meeting with your supervisor and a company you called. These are from a cold call list who 99.999% do not wish to hear from you, at all. If you enjoy being cussed out, hung up on, or just generally wasting time then this is the internship for you.
not bad if you dont like making money
Sales representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MIApril 11, 2015
The training is not all that bad but management stinks. there is a lot of upfront money they don't tell you at the interview about
sales and service
Independent Sales REP (Former Employee), Margate, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great Company structure and support
Cons: 100% commission
Excellent company helping workers get extra benefits through payroll deductions tp enhance their current health insurance programs for them and their families
A great place to work for.
Human Resource Regional Administrator & Recruiter (Current Employee), Burbank, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: flexible time, friendly environment
This place has great people to work with. That is my most enjoyable part of the job.
I work Monday to Friday from 8am-7pm. The time is really flexible.
Very good company to work for with good work/family life balance
Producer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great work/family life balance
Cons: All commission based
Aflac is a well recognized company with a full array of supplemental insurance products most people need. As a Producer, I find my typical day to be on the phone prospecting and talking with prospective business owners/managers about our Company's products and learning about the needs of their employees. I'll also spend time visiting prospective businesses, presenting the Aflac product suite of services to employees. I'll also follow up with existing employees, cross sell additional Aflac products/services and will occasionally have to handle a policy holder claim.

The most difficult part of the job is getting appointments with prospective businesses. The best part is that each day is different and you can earn as much as you want, depending on how hard you work. I also get to meet a lot of new, interesting business owner, employees on a weekly basis.
Account Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Salary, health benefits and vacation package, 401K.
Cons: No room for advancement at the New York Office.
Great atmosphere, pleasant co-workers and awesome management team. During the time at Aflac, I learned a variety of office skills as well as communication skills.
Aflac
Consulting Specialist (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: good beneifts
Cons: poor pay structure
Aflac is a good company to work for. I am seeking a job out of state to be with my family in Boston. If you like to travel and meet new people this is the job for you.
Management showed poor leadership skills
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSApril 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commission pay only
Management are also heavily involved in sales which make them competitive with those they are assigned to lead. Made two attempts to establish a productive relationship with trainers, both were unsuccessful. New agents are required to give trainers a percentage of all sales and are more than likely not equipped with the required laptop and software provided by the company at a monthly cost to agents.
Best Insurance Co to work for
Software Tester II (Former Employee), Columbia,SCApril 6, 2015
Enjoyed my tenure with Aflac, executive management went out of their way to make the work environment and experience a good fit for all employees.
productive and fun workplace
Claims Specialist I, Cancer (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 5, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits, they care about their employees and the morale of the company is very high.
No complaints
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2015
They offered a lot of different positions, allotted for promotions when you put the work in, and treated even lower-level employees well.
Easy place to work, but 100% compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 31, 2015
Got to set own schedule, but 100% commission, you don't work, you don't make money. Everyone there was friendly, Need to make cold calls a lot.
good working environment
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
It take a lot of self motivation and determination and a great attitude to sell insurance also you must priorities. its nice to work as a team. You win some and you lose some.
Flexible work schedule
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Midland, TexasMarch 30, 2015
Present program and products to business customers. Revisit existing customers to ensure expectations are met. Excellent customer service skills.
Educational experience
Intern (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot about the insurance business and sales but came away from the experience convinced that it wasn't for me.
Terrific Support and Leadership
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAMarch 26, 2015
The AFLAC - Los Alamitos Branch has the best leadership team in place. From the Leadership of the Regional Manager to the District Managers, the work environment is one that is set up for optimal success. They help, nuture and support their Agents through guidance, support and an environment that is both fun, pleasant and encouraging.
Great company, that also have the greatest Christmas Parties
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Aflac care about their employees.
Cons: Scheduling - PTO, School, Children
AFLAC is a great place to work, which is the same thing I advise anyone who ask. I let them know if they are just starting out, to apply for the call center, because you will gain knowledge by interacting with different departments. If you apply yourself and you are willing to learn, you will become a an asset to the company.
Unique products available to individuals and businesses
Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 26, 2015
AFLAC has wonderful products and policies for individuals and businesses. Very informative regarding their products and they are very dedicated to providing the best to their customers.
Great Company
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
This is a great company to work for with good earning potential. I learned a lot during my tenure. I would recommend to any one looking to change and start a new career.

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries