Aflac

Aflac Employer Reviews

This was a new field of work for me.
Agent/Producer (Contract) (Current Employee), Muncie IndianaMay 27, 2014
 Interact extensively with clients and prospects to build new business networks and open new accounts
 Provide a range of services on existing accounts while implementing strategies to ensure satisfaction
 Consistently meet specified goals while supporting and promoting insurance products and services
Executive Assistant II to VP of Inv Acct (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 24, 2014
Great place to work and employees work together to get jobs complete.
Fun atmosphere. 100% commision
Independent Sales (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 23, 2014
Pros: fun, team, good support
Cons: 100% commission
A lot of fun. Good team atmosphere, Lots of incentives available. Tough to make it due to 100% commission.
very flexible
agent (Former Employee), New yorkMay 23, 2014
insurance job is very excited when you aggressive. it an independent job where you can make a tone of money, but you have to pay the price day in and day out.
why lie?
salrs (Former Employee), tacoma waMay 21, 2014
Pros: your not the 15th person rep
Cons: no ones interested
You run into companies that have seen 15 reps in 10 days. Good luck
Great Working Atmosphere
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexible time schedule
Cons: no insurance coverage for salaried emlpyees
Considering all the agents worked as independents their attitudes were always upbeat. Loved the power drives and determination to succeed.
Insurance Office
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sebring, FLMay 20, 2014
I loved working in the professional environment that it provided. I learned many valuable life skills.
COMMISSION ONLY
Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMay 16, 2014
NOT EXACTLY WHAT THEY PROMISE WHEN THEY SIGN YOU UP, YOU LEARN AS YOU GO WHICH COST YOU MONEY,
Great Job
Sales Consultant/ Agent (Former Employee), texasMay 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy, team environment, money
Cons: 100% commission, market saturation
This is a great opportunity if your willing to put in the time and effort. It is literally a place where you get paid for how you work. If you work 3 days a week, you get paid like it. If you work 5 days, you paid like it. A lot autonomy. Great for single parents who need to tote and fetch.
A job
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 14, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the joIt's a job.
Not a good fit - commission only
Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commission only pay
The main aspect of Alfac is generating business. Lots of business to business marketing. They talk about great training, and that they won't put you out there in the field on your own without gaining some experience and success with a mentor. However, it's still commission only, and while they make a lot of talk about the desire to help get that first – more... sale, and that such mentoring is encouraged, there is a sense where they also know that they get a cut in their returns if they help you. Not to mention, while they brag about how companies flock to them, the experience in door to door with the businesses and their experience with the company is quite a different story from the one they tell you. – less
Aflac
Independent Insurance Agent and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marlton, NJMay 13, 2014
Prospecting and networking is a typical day at Aflac. I gained a vast amount of knowledge in health and life insurance policies. Also how to sell to customers with no pressure techniques. Also cross selling insurance policies to fully cover an individual. Management was fair, they pushed a little hard but only to benefit you. The hardest part of my – more... job was prospecting, cold calling, and trying to secure new clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely helping people everyday and making them feel worry free knowing that they have the right insurance in place. – less
Not for me.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 12, 2014
Aflac may be for some people, but I did not like the total lack of structure and straight commission compensation.
Fun & Flexible
Independent Associate of AFLAC (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 9, 2014
Delivered sensible employee enhancements that build employee loyalty, help in recruiting & retaining key employees, boost morale and provide protection for families at no cost to employers
Able to work on my own time
Insurance Independent Associate (Current Employee), Dededo, GuamMay 9, 2014
Training was excellent and ongoing. I worked with a great sales team.
Good training
agent (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 8, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: comission only sales
I would check in with the office then go out to make contacts to sell insurance. I learned that i enjoyed meeting people and that insurance sales is a tough business.
Policy Services Call Center,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, employee appreciation
Cons: cubicles
My job was to communicate information to customers and company personnel regarding personal policies as well as account level issues. I personally made it my responsibility to provide accurate responses to customer requests/inquiries via internet or telephone.
When working in a customer call center you have to realize that no one is calling to tell – more... how good of a job you're doing. Every call is a actual person who needs your help. Whenever dealing with sensitive issues like health and death, you have to be as compassionate as possible but just as honest about the policies. I learned a lot of medical terminology and HIPAA codes and regulations. The hardest part about this job was the stories that came with the calls. The tragedies that people have endured to have to file these claims. Some have lost love ones and need a real person to just listen. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that we can change the financial burden for our customer and to be able to tell them that help is on the way. – less
Commission only job
Business sales (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 5, 2014
Aflac is a great company to work for if you want to be your own boss. I also recommend you have a savings in place before you start this job. You can go weeks without getting paid if you do not sell. My CIT was great, he was a great trainer and he was amazing. I enjoyed helping people during times of need.
Great products; great people!
Independent Insurance Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: work environment, support, people.
Cons: rejection. commission only.
Nothing really negative to say...if you are looking for a job opportunity that offers flexibility and the potential for good earnings, then I highly recommend Aflac as a career choice.

You will need your 2-15 Life, Annuities and Health Insurance Agent License to work with Aflac and for each state you wish to work in.
Love to work Here
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 29, 2014
Great Company, love the people and the vision of the Company.

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more