Aflac Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,216 reviews
Productive and fun
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2016
This is Company tops the cake. I enjoy meeting new people the management is wonderful and a typical work day does not even feel like a 9 to 5. The hardest part of the job is really nothing, you do have to study and stay structured. This is the one job that I have continue to have the rest of my life, hey who does not want to work for themselves and also have a great team.
High Turnover
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2016
Good company and product, but they have a high turnover in associates. Management is not focused on developing long term associates. They accept high turnovers as part of their business. Their success measurements are on the volume of accounts you cold call and the number of new associates they bring in. If you are great at cold calling(30-50/day) it may be a great place for you.
Aflac
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CTJuly 20, 2016
Aflac is an awesome company to work for. However, it is very hard work. It is basically running your own business. Therefore you must be dedicated and hardworking for it to pay off. The biggest thing in this business is to be extremely organized. The pay is great once you get to the point of helping people when you sign them up for one of Aflac's many policies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Commission based
Flexible and no salary cap
Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Pawcatuck CTAugust 31, 2015
If you work hard and stay dedicated you have the potential that is unlimited. However, you must be able to be self motivated and very organized. Not a job for just anyone you need to be able to pursue your goals
Pros
Ability to make really good money
Cons
no base salary
AFLAC is a great company with many incentives
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Aflac. I truly believe in the company and everything I do for them. As an Independant agent, I qualify businesses that are willing to offer supplemental insurance to their employees, so they are able to offer some financial security at a discounted rate on all policies. I enroll employees and help them file claims.
Worst mistake of my life
agent (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 28, 2015
Idea of day time hours and weekends off are a great sell BUT...
I left a manger position of 40k a yr to a cold call, NO actual leads and non existent paying job of going business to business only to get rejected with "you are the 5th agent this month to stop by and no we aren't interested" If you get someone of interest, it is of pure luck and you will most likely have to split it with a district trainer because you won't know how to conduct the meeting on your own and do all the paperwork. One agent told me they made 800 total in the first three months of being there. I made that in one week. Now I have no job and instead of continuing to waste more than three days I gave it a try, I left to spend more useful time trying to find a means of income that this place obviously can't provide. Oh and by the way, most of the agents are only there for a few months...some of the ones that stayed there longer are a district trainer now but most of them have only been there for a year or less.
They make it sound great, but it's a load of poo.
If you're unemployed and have nothing better to do for a while, maybe you can get lucky...but don't leave a great job for this!!!
Pros
8-5 m-f
Cons
no actual leads, no compensation for hrs of rejections, no benefits
Expenses to start
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJMay 20, 2015
Perform corporate drops to businesses based on location and employee count to schedule appointments with the person that handles employee benefits. Cold Call in volume to schedule appointments. Teach businesses about why Aflac can help them and their employees. The main problem with the methods are that most businesses have a preconceived idea about sales over the phone and think you are soliciting when you walk through their offices to directly introduce yourself. There are many hurdles to jump over and expenses for driving, obtaining the necessary courses to obtain your state license and additional costs for business cards, laptop, proper attire, etc.
Pros
Potential to earn more than a typical job salary, flexible schedule
Cons
Cold calling, high amounts of rejection, old business practices, costly startup, No paycheck until commissions are earned
Inconsistent, unclear and unstable processes,procedures and management.
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2016
The last year has been a constant implementation of inconsistent, unclear and unstable processes and procedures that cause excessive stress and failure to perform productively in the production environment. Insufficient training & inability of Management to assist with the countless problems.
Pros
Salary, Benefits & Flexibility
Cons
Constant implementation of inconsistent, unclear, & unstable procedures & Management's inability to assist with the countless problems.
The cafeteria is awesome and the extra perks are great too!
Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 27, 2015
Aflac is a wonderful company. I worked in the call center two years and built many friendships and learned so much about the company. Working in the call center gave me a chance to learn about all policies and speak with claimants. A typical work day would involve answering 60-100 calls a day, checking on claims status, submitting escalations and researching policies for benefits.
Pros
free lunches, snacks and prizes
Great Learing Opportunity
Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 12, 2016
This is not a regular job. Aflac provides you with training but you are an independent sales agent meaning you are responsible for your own income. If you do not go out and make cold calls on your own and try to sell their products you WILL NOT succeed in this business.
Pros
Make your own schedule, lots of potential
Cons
No benefits, no regular pay all commission
Loved but hard on checkbook
INDEPENDANT INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2016
I really love this job but there is a lot of cold calling. It isn't so bad but after a while all the no's and swear words and hang ups get to you. There isn't constant pay because its commission only. I like my direct manager and higher management. At a regional level is where the issues lie. You can be working your tail off but it is never good enough. They say that there is always someone there to help, but that isn't always true. After about 2-3 months, you are thrown out there on your own and then its hard because you ask for help and it doesn't come. Makes for a hard working life. Yes it is about the bottom line for yourself and of course it trickles upwards, but when you are trying so hard, not getting anywhere and then getting nastygrams on top of that... It hurts. I love my other agents, it isn't a dog eat dog world with them, its great! The cold calling and failing at that is the worst and hardest part of the job. It hurts your confidence, a lot. The really nice thing about this job is that because you are technically independent you can take time to go to the doctor, soccer games things like that. As long as you aren't gone all the time and pulling your weight it is great! Any other job makes that a bit harder to do things like that.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Cold Calling
The rewarding part of this position is helping the policy holders.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS/Evanston, WYAugust 17, 2016
If you are looking to get rich fast and easy this is not the job for you! This company is helping people better than anyone else like them. Their product and access to information is above and beyond any other. However, you have to WORK for it!! What you put in is what you get out!
Very organized company that loves its employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2016
I will honestly say that Aflac was the best company I have ever worked for and I am definitely going to strive to get back there once my health is stabilized. They treat their customers and employees with respect and I love that! It was a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches, free events, regular gifts
Great Company to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 17, 2016
Depended heavily on self motivation to cold call perspective businesses in person on a regular basis.
Public Speaking in front of groups to explain benefits of various insurance policies
income was based 100% on commissions.
Help clients to file Claims
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
long time to build steady income
A lot of work with little reward
Independent agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76164June 8, 2016
I have worked there for a year. It ebbs and flows. You only get paid if you sign someone up. If that person you sign up gets fired before they have paid in for the year. Aflac will take money away from you. You do not get paid for time and effort, nor do you get reimbursed for gas mileage. You have more money going out then coming in.
Pros
You control your schedule
Cons
Little to no pay
alot of cold calling and warm referals
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2015
company is the top seller of suplemental benefits, Devoted to its producers and supportive, the job is easy once you learn the oroducts and the concept is easy to understand. Its not major Medical Insurance its income insurance with cash being paid directly to the employee.
Pros
self employed
Cons
no benefits
Used to be a great place to work..going down hill
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2016
Aflac was a great place to work. Hired too many people over the years, too many departments doing the same thing. Leadership shouldn't be in the roles they play. No room for growth. Promotions are given based on the buddy system.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No room for growth, very unorganized, no structure, processes all over the place
Benefits Specialist
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2016
7am-8am Prep for daily appointments
8am-9am scheduled prospecting time
10-5 schedule and run meetings; asset management

8am-1pm field prospecting
1pm-5pm phone prospecting or appointments

evenings prep and and paperwork

4 hours every weekend dedicated to planning and prepping for next week.

Hardest part of the job is
Pros
Working with People
Cons
Training
Awesome company with many rewards for the work you put in.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 7, 2016
Cold calling business with setting appointments and networking events. Managed clients healthcare needs and education on benefits that were available to them. I really enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis that became my clients.
Pros
Helping individuals with a financial and secure future for their healthcare needs.
Cons
Constant rejection, however I learned how to over come rejection, and educate people on the ever changing insurance industry.
Great job if you're a super go-getter
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 8, 2016
Be prepared to make very little $ in the first few months. I worked for Aflac for 2+ years. Opened/serviced 15-20 accounts. Nothing bad to say about the company..just not for a laid back person(in my opinion).
Pros
Freedom, renewal commision
Cons
Management & Turnover