Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 1,689 reviews matching the search
If good at sales, do it, if not, forget it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria Heights, ILJune 10, 2017
If you do well in sales, this is the place. I believe in insurance and AFLAC, but the potential customers do not "get it". If you are not good at sales, save yourself the anguish.
not enough training
Corporate Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 10, 2017
there was no guidance or trainging for the job. you were just thrown to the wolves and were expected to rock it. if you don't know what you're doing and have never done this type of work before you will fail
Diversified and hard work
Director of Brokerage Business & Development (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 9, 2017
This is not a job for everyone. You are working as an independent contractot with a major insurance company. Your income is based on your own hard work and the quality of your services. This job is only for those who have business mind and desire to have their own business.
Pros
Freedome of when to work and how to work
Cons
No guaranteed income or benefits.
Can be stressful due to quotas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
Although stressful can be lucrative.
Enjoy working with employers and their employees. Very satisfying being able to help employees.
Can move up quickly to manager position.
If you are a salesman
Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2017
Very much a challenge for new Agents. No money until you sell. If can take 6 months to a year to build a book of business and most major accounts are already booked.
Pros
Freedome
Cons
No Mone
fun
Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2017
they care for there employee, they are fun and understanding , they make sure we have the proper training, mangment always give you one on one to let you know where you are in progress. love this company...
A great opportunity for the right person
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 8, 2017
If you need 3,000 dollars per month every month, this might not be the job for you. But if you're patient, easy to talk to, and can be supported financially by someone other than yourself for the first 6 months to a year, this could be a great opportunity. Those who hold out for a year or two will certainly reap the rewards as long they continue working.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun atmosphere
Cons
Commission, difficult to get started, competitive
Great Place to Work
Computer Operator I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2017
AFLAC was my first real job out of high school. They were willing to give me a chance in the IT department and really have me shaped my career. I would recommend any college graduate to take a look at this company. They value their employees.
Commisioned only
Insurance Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Wall Street, NYJune 7, 2017
not for the person looking for a paycheck every week. commsion only jobs suck! very stressful job if you dont produce. wouldnt reccomend this job it isnt for everybody.
Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Aflac was a great place to work at. The management was very genuine, and cared about their employees.

The only thing I would change is they are only 100% commission based. It is tough to convince a recent college grad to work for the company when they do not have any savings to live off of until they close their first deal.

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
Great starting point for new agents
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 7, 2017
AFLAC has great products that are easy to sell. Their service and support for the clients are second to none. The role however is 1099 and can be difficult for some that need to make a steady salary.
Pros
Great prducts
Cons
No Salary - 100% commissions
Insurance Sales
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2017
Aflac is an insurance sales agency that internally functions as a pyramid business. Notice I did not say scam, since it is a beneficial, legitimate agency, The pyramid comes in the recruitment and compensation of the company.
Pros
educational about insurance
Cons
low compensation
Too saturated with agents
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2017
This was not a good working environment because the company had so many agents in the field already hounding companies to purchase the products that there was no room for growth. The companies were hostile towards new agents coming in and it was stressful to find enough interested companies to even make a profit. I had to pay back my salary because people jumped on their contracts. Basically, I didn't get paid for my work and dedication.
I took the job assuming it was a job and not volunteer work. I do volunteer work already and unfortunately I can't pay my bills on the volunteer work.
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
No pay
Great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  West End, NCJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for. I am just looking to stay put and not travel so much! Lots of room for advancement, but I am just not willing to work that much out of town. It is a must to branch out with AFLAC.
Pros
Commission Sales
Cons
Too many agents
Great company.
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They give you the tools yhat you need to succeed, with awesome management leadership that listen to your needs.
Pros
Great team spirit.
Cons
Travel.
Growing atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 5, 2017
Great atmosphere to grow as a professional. Hand's off management approach. Friendly and approachable staff. Learned a great deal about the insurance industry.
Pros
management
Cons
location
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 5, 2017
Aflac is a fast paced, commission based work environment. Aflac provides you with the training needed to succeed, along with continued training to improve your skills. The managers are there for you when needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
commisiion
Compensation uncertain
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2017
Much time was spent soliciting companies. Once a company was signed up you had little control over how long people would keep policies. Income negatively affected by dropped policies.
Excellent Company to work for.
Customer Care Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 5, 2017
Aflac is the best company I was employed by. They expect quality work and it is fast paced. However, they value their employees and they are not afraid to show it.

Not only do they pay their employees well but they provide extra incentives to show the employees how much they care. Aflac also gives back to the community in many ways.

All businesses large and small should follow Aflac's lead.
Pros
Values their employees.
Challenging and rewarding
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2017
Training is good if on the right team. Challenging to start but rewarding once you get into it. You must work hard every day and not take shortcuts.
Pros
build your own business
Cons
training is inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval