Aflac

Aflac United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Workflow Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Great benefits, team environment, and employee perks! Sometimes working as a team can be tough, but management is always open to suggestions and making the best work experience.
Great place to work with great benefits/compensation
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great pay, good healthcare
Cons: stressful days
I loved working for AFLAC! the pay was good, however the work/life balance was stressful. Long hrs. with busy busy days only left me drained with migraines and no energy or time for family. I left ultimately because of medical reasons; however the job played a great role. I would recommend the company but not the call center!
Independent
Insurance Broker / Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: residuals
Cons: commission only
B2B SALES, cold calls, appointment setting, commission only
Small town school, great community, friendly staff
Independent Sales Consultant/Benefits Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: i loved the teaching schedule and it allowed me to spend quality time with my children, great staff and students
Cons: not a lot of parental involvement for many of my students, administartive changes, not much room for advancement
I enjoyed working in a small town, rural school. The students were great! Despite our size, we stayed pretty current with education trends and there were several opportunities for professional development. the staff was very friendly and we all generally worked very well together. There wasn't much room for advancement within because we had several teachers that had been there for many years and didn't plan to retire any time soon. Towards the end there were a lot of changes in administration, which resulted in a high turnover rate and our department losing several aides, though our student numbers were rapidly increasing.
Traveling to locations making store to store sales
Licensed Independent Agent (Former Employee), Emporia, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good communication, going to new places
Cons: did not get steady pay, had to use personal car
Locating new clients to sale insurance
Finding different sales pitches
Making sure customers are aware of insurance changes
SCAM - AFLAC
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: product is ok - employment practices and commission is bad
Cons: everything see details in body
Don't fall for the brainwashing highp they feed you you will not make money in commissions management steals it from you initially and then it reduces to 2% or so. Slave labor they expect you to make 500 phone calls even though it doesn't generste any business and even though you don't get paid so in short you are working for free.
When business is available they feed a very small percentage of older senior consultants even though they tell you during the interview that ghey will feed you until you become established this is a lie. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Corporste has been notified and they do nothing about it and are in agreement with the practices at the individual location level. Senior management only interested in meeting their quota to get their salary and bonuses at all cost.
Stay away do yourself a favor.
fun place, enjoyed people and work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), DALLAS, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good place, good insurance, great people!
Cons: got laid off
Helped run and maintain office for district manager until she decided to start working from her home
insurance
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Life insurance sales is a hard business due to the fact that people don't have the extra for more expenses that they don't think they will use.
Great Hobby, Poor Income
Agent/ Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: one nice manager
Cons: no income
There are some people who succeed and make a ton of money there but 95% of the people who start there never make any money after they sell everything they can to their relatives. My manager took all the good call-in leads and left me to wander the streets looking for income seven days a week until I had to quit and get a real job.
Productive, Outgoing Individual
Underwriting Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: interpersonal skills, quick learner, works independenly
Cons: get bored easily, always like to learn new things
 Assisted with recruitment of volunteers
 7 years of claims experience
 2 years of human resources experience
 Communicate effective, orally and in writing with customers and Aflac personnel
 Perform administrative duties
 Interpersonal Skills
 Research through external and internal resources.
 Bachelors Degree in Marketing
 Masters Degree in Management
 Masters Degree in Instructional Technology & Design
Wonderful Corporation
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Loved my job and my coworkers. Company did a lot for their employees and the employees families.
Fun & Productive
Producer / Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Love helping individuals and families with their insurance needs and concerns.
Mislead in regards to the opportunity
Independent Aflac Benefits Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: own boss
Cons: turned away many times, too many aflac agents
The most enjoyable part of the job: The ability to have control of my time

Leads: There are leads that come through via email and calls

Management does not offer leads to new agents, to try to get a foot in the door and a true opportunity to be successful

No product training- just a quick here's the product, you do not need to know the product

Get out there a try to sell

Cold Calling, door knocking

Lots of rejection
Dependable, flexible, and trustworthy team player.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 12, 2015
Working in office has been an experience that made me grow professionally. Everyday attending calls, data entry for the deductions in payroll for those that have purchase policy's with the company. Receiving and file paperwork. All type of duties in office.
It's a sales position
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: support from team
Cons: no benefits, and its a challenge financially.
It's a challenging sales position. The support that you are given is excellent and they are there to help you to succeed, but at the end of the day you need to be able sell to make commissions to earn a living.
Welcoming Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: perks
Cons: micromanage
Start my day logging into phone system and taking calls until preset break times came.
Great work environement
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Clare, MIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: set own schedule
Cons: pays by commission only
Very good work environment. I am able to set my own work schedule. Aflac is a very ethical company to work for. Aflac provides supplemental insurance for individuals and groups to help pay benefits your major medical insurance doesn't cover. This can be a great help when there is a catastrophic accident in ones family.
Claims Processing
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Processing claims, whether paying or denying claims. Sometimes pend claims if there is need for additional information. Great co-workers. Hardest part of my job is a lot of stress. Enjoyable part of the job is being able to help policyholders/
Based on "cold calling", area saturated with Agents, always recruiting more, good accounts have all been wrapped up in the past, only small accounts r
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield,maJanuary 8, 2015
Great people, tough job.

Daily cold calling, either by phone or drop in

Co-workers are great,

Very low income potential early in carreer
People were very friendly
Aflac Benefits Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 7, 2015
I liked working at Aflac, but it takes a while to gain potential customers and prospecting takes a lot of time and a lot of wear and tear on my vehicle with no compensation. No benefits.

About Aflac

Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, – Read more

Aflac Salaries