With 13 offices statewide, AIDS Resource Center Ohio (ARC Ohio) is Ohio’s largest provider of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget of $19 million and more than 100 employees. The ARC Ohio model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, pharmacy, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. EOE/AA.
LOCATION: Columbus, Ohio
The Medical Social Worker (Case Manager) is responsible for providing comprehensive case management services at ARC Ohio and identifying and assisting HIV+ persons needing case management services throughout Ohio. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and agree to adhere to NASW standards for social work management.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality case management for clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families no less than 60% per month of hours worked.
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments for people with HIV/AIDS seeking services at intake and complete new assessments each year.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual case plans for each assigned client at intake and every six months thereafter.
- Complete accurate data collection, reports, and documentation to provide data for federal, state, agency and board purposes as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide linkage to resources such as housing, respite, nutritional assistance, palliative care, chore assistance, transportation and social functions which help increase ability to remain independent in the community.
- Function as a central and primary access point for financial assistance programs: Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act (Part B and C), HOPWA short term rental assistance, and any future assistance programs.
- Develop positive working relationships with providers.
- Correspond and coordinate with primary case management network to refer clients, provide consultation on primary care services and resources, and assist in navigating system of medical care service delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of BS/BSW *and LSW required*.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered community.
- Community-based Case Management and training experience desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Short term and long term disability coverage provided by the agency
- Life insurance policy provided by the agency
- Three weeks of paid time off in the first year and ten paid holidays
- Continuing educational opportunities
- Outlook Web Access allows remote web-based access to email, etc.
- Direct deposit
- Mileage reimbursement and other travel expenses
With 13 offices statewide, AIDS Resource Center Ohio (ARC Ohio) is Ohio’s largest provider of HIV prevention, care and treatment...