AIG Domestic Claims Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed working for AIG. We were a team, we all worked well together and we also had fun.
Claim Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2013
I started my day with a warm "Good Morning" from co-worker and a cup of hot coffee.

Everyday I learn a little more. It was always something to learn. A day at AIG was never boring,

Management was good and every helpful. They were always there for you and to help in any way they could to make your job pleasant.

My co-workers and I worked together very well. We were always there for each other to make the work load easier and fun.

The hardest part of the job was when co-workers did'nt come in for work with out a call.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I learned something new. I loved pushing myself to learn more.
Pros
lawyers free lunch, holidays, christmas party, company summer get together
Cons
healthcare benefits
I loved working for AIG, it was a great company to work for and to learn from.
Claim Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2013
My day started with a hot cup of coffee on my way to my desk. Log into my computer. Take messagers off my answering machine. Returned phone calls.Sort out work for the day. Go to my adjusters and get the work to be prepare for that day. Typed corrspondence for Legal & Medical documents. This is some of what I have to do on a typical day, but more to it don't have the room.

In this type of job its a lot to learn. You have management, adjusters, legal and medical leaders to learn from, they all have good information.

Management was good.

My co-worker and I worked very well together. We were a good team.

Every job has its hardest part, but at this time I can't put my finger on one.

I enjoyed going to work at AIG, because I loved what I was doing. I enjoyed working with my co-worker because we all worked together to get the job done and when you have a good team it makes your work easier.
Pros
free lunches, holidays, christmas party and the summer events.
Cons
great healthcare
Aig
Property and Casualty Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 11, 2014
Nice place to work but the Alpharetta office is now closing. Great benefits and PTO. Pay could be better.
Pros
work from home
Cons
closing
Excess claims
Segmentation tech (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2012
Excess claims is a good experience when it comes to learning more about insurance for compensation. The ability to investigate the claim and gather information to know what type of exposure the claim portrays gives you an understanding of what your job entails.
Excellent Company.
Casualty Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 17, 2012
Challenging claims. Can work out of your home which is a definite plus
Pros
you have the ability to woek out of your home. competitve salary
Cons
heavy work loads for claim specialists
Fun job with lots of catered lunches
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2013
I assisted a good amount of project managers in this department. I learned about ordering parts and mailing them out. How to fill a parts order if needed by a technician on a job site and if in our warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to use Autocad. I would sometimes be asked to revised asbuilts or blueprints from some of the techs or engineers. Only minor revisisions. This didn't last very long and I was laid off as well.