AIG

AIG Employer Reviews

Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 19, 2014
There's nothing better than a company that cares for their employees. Promotion, career advancements, work-life balance, families, giving back to the community are just a few of AIG's benefits.
AIG input
AIG Senior QA Lead (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: location, work from home posibilities
Cons: life - work balance is not there.
Good experiences, good environment, good exposure to technologies, overall good exposure to all types of personalities and social levels. Hardware was top of the line to cover the work load required on a daily bases.
Benefits are pay too
Manager, P&C (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto, corporate discounts
Cons: limited mobility, lower payscales
If you search indeed, payscale, salary, glassdoor, or any other compe sation site you will see that AIG consistently pays less than competitors for the same job title. With that said, with the benefits package they offer, you'd have a hard time matching what the extras are that are offered. If you've ever faced a large medical bill, you know that this – more... is worth it.

The upper management is constantly changing, often leading to multiple direction changes and lack of focus.

The folks who work regular jobs are usually good people, but upper managers only look out for each other. AIG is a good place to get started, but leave as soon as you've learned enough to get to another company. – less
Productive workplace. Professional peers and management.
Senior Technician-Premium Audit Technical Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
They helped with my education and my co-workers were professional and enjoyable. I enjoyed working with the auditors and underwriters.
good work life balance
Appeals/ Investigations Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: no upward mobility
strong company, continuous job related training, salary low
Fast paced environment
Licensing Specialist II (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 7, 2014
High volume, demanding environment.
Requires quick comprehension and execution.
Management feedback is delivered annually or if problem arises.
Very difficult place to work in, let alone succeed.
Director, Data Analytics (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2014
Pros: large company. could have potential with unified leadership.
Cons: overly political and bureaucratic
Leadership constantly changes direction.
No collaboration within or amongst teams.
Technology is embarrassingly disparate and out of date.
Do not develop staff.
Extremely hard to get the simplest of tasks done.
Good place to start but get out quick
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Exton, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good experience whens just starting out
Cons: lots of phone calls and you are required to go door to door to collect money from past due customers
Good experience if you are starting out in financial services. Required to make lots of phone calls and sometimes drive out to peoples homes to collect their money for their past due accounts. Can go to some pretty poor areas to collect this money, such as trailer parks and inner city ghettos.
Good
Sr. WebSphere Middleware Consultant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Headquartered in Houston, good place to work. Coworkers are pleasant to work with
sweatshop
Paralegal II - Claims Staff Counsel (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: generous pto & health insurance
Cons: no opportunities for growth, . management is untouchable & micromanaging, . no teamwork, no annual raise fot past 3 years
Worked In legal department. Heavy volume with
No admin support
Productive and fun
Internship in CMO (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Awesome environment to work for. Managers are very helpful especially if you are studying and doing internship they help you with your homework.
Day at Work
Dell Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no advancement
A typical day at work as a workflow coordinator would be managing at least 200 tickets a day, answering phone calls from our follow technicians and responding to emails from your boss and clients
Wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
I truly had a wonderful experience working with CBS station. Hands on experience taught me a lot and also gave me insight.
A great commercial insurance company!
Regional Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit programs and work/life balance.
Cons: not enough hours in the day.
In my role as the Regional HR Specialist I partnered with a great management team and employee base. The environment was fast-paced with a lot of change and opportunities for growth and development. One of the hardest part of my job was trying to determine what to plan for a social activity, which was also the most enjoyable part of the job!
productive
Nesco Resource Temp (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: learn alot about different insurance
Cons: n/a
This job require that you know what insurance we take and what we don't take. Also, if were going to pay or not.
The great workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: logan view in the window.
Cons: maybe healthcare but not sure
Morning Coffee, good mornings, smiles, PC, today's agenda, calls, meetings, coding, booking, Aspire, PPS, Concur, mail room, UPS, deliveries, shipping, calls, voice messages, greetings, next week calendar, calls. Claims, invoice reviews.

Calls, policy registrations, reservations, endorsements, travel arrangements, travel reports, printing, emailing, – more... filing, supplies, fax, calls, Help Desk, coding, booking, orders.
Bye-bye, smiles, see you tomorrow! -this is the typical day and this is the most enjoyable part at the same time.
I learn something new every single day. My managers are my teachers and I try to not disappoint them and do as much as I can to provide the best support every day. My co-workers are my friends and some of them are almost my family.
The hardest part of the job is to reach the office. – less
Good Work Environment
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Everyone is easy to work with. Hard working people with work first attitude.
Fun place to work
Data Analyst - Financial Compliance (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good working hours
Cons: it is a fair place
It is a very active company and with many departments to interact.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free catering every few months, bonuses
A typical work day consisted of phone follow up and file maintenance.

I learned how to properly deal with people on the phone, and how to use proper phone etiquette

My co-workers were very supportive and willing to help with any issues that may have risen.

There wasn't anything hard about the job at all

The most enjoyable part of the job was going – more... in everyday and interacting with everyone. The environment was very supportive. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in a range of insurance – Read more