AIG Employee Reviews in United States

Good Business, Great Customers, Good Company to work for.
Field Office Manager/New Business Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN/ Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
AIG Financial Network also known as AGLA was a great company to work for.
Great hours, strong customer service skills were required for this position/company.
Management while the company was AGLA was remarkable, new management was the turning point for this company which caused it to ultimately close. New management had no understanding of the companies processes, procedures, accomplishments not was there any interest to learn.
I loved working for AGLA, the help we could provide our customers was inspiring and fulfilling.
Pros
Great hours, good pay, benefits
Cons
New Management under AIG.
Finest co-workers' I have ever had the pleasure of working with
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
The highest caliber of individuals I ever worker with & I sincerely care about each and every one. As a result, the overall working environment is wonderful. The local management is made up of strong, but caring people.
Pros
co-workers, good benefits, laid-back professional office and caring management
Cons
company currently restructuring
AIG, overall is a great job. I recommend this to anyone with an insurance background.
CSR II/ Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2016
AIG is a great company to work for. Awesome benefits, good management, and you will work no longer than 6:30 PM Mon-Fri. A day in the life of an AIG employee is fast, ever changing, and fun!
I loved working here. We are like family
Marketing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 4, 2016
My job ended with any notice or anything. I gave them 16 years of my life. I grew with this company. I learned a lot working here. I didn't want to leave but I had no choice. Everyone is nice and the office environment is relaxing and enjoyable. We worked together as a team.
Pros
30 min lunch break, benefits are great
Cons
No warning or notice just shut office down
Professional rewarding and peaceful
Legal Document Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2015
This company trusted its employee's to be self motivated hence a team of self motivated hard workers. It was a well structured system with realistic deadlines. I was responsible for customer care & conflict resolution with outside claimants law offices. It required thorough research, filing and processing insurance claims and policy verification. There was oral and written communication to clients. Enjoyed the company's culture. I was empowered and encouraged to excel. Great benefits and salary!
Great Team Work Inviroment
Insurance Agent/CSP (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 13, 2016
Sorry that this location is closing. Absolutely enjoyed working here. Relationships built with clients and co workers will be truely missed.
Pros
Base plus Salary
Cons
Office Closing April 29, 2016
Great Job
Director of Training South Florida (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Had the chance to work with a lot of good people and learn a lot about the company. Initially, the group I worked with had a chance to be part of something that could have been a great success but AIG had other plans and we all were let go..
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Lines of communication between departments
Extreme high tension
W2 contract Developer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2015
Many procedures, policies and routines. No one tells you about all the restrictions and requirements to go through until you violate a sanction, and then they really climb on you. Wedded to hiring only H1b visas from India, anyone else gets a limited contract. Many overtime hours they will not pay you for.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Extreme high pressure, burocracy, and overtime with no compensation.
Ability to manage own career
director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
No micro management from management for day to day assignments. Need to be self driven and good working with virtual teams
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Constant reorgs
It's not what I was expecting
Marketing/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
When I first applied to this job I was told that there was a lot of room for advancement. The advancement opportunity just isn't there.
Pros
they close the office on holidays and offer healthcare benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
AIG Director is a cold hearted snake
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
I worked in the Houston, TX call center for 2 1/2 years and if you're looking to work here RUN and run fast once you get hired on as a customer service rep it is darn near impossible to advance in your career because the Director Lisa Lau and management try their hardest to block you from going anywhere else that you have no other option but to quit because quite frankly who wants to be answering inbound calls all their life and lets not talk about WORKFORCE management here or trying to take online courses to better yourself even if the company promotes it the call center managers and current director will try and block you from going to company classes and seminars. The benefits was great I can say that but the salary $30K a year for all the work you do is not worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not so good pay, manament is the worse, high level of stress, metrics standards is impossible to reach
Overworked undervalued employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Terrible work environment with 70-80 hour weeks and no possibility of having any personal time. You would be lucky if you are home by 2am on Sunday and unlucky (which is the most probable scenario) if you have a useless planning meeting after that on Monday at 9am. Management denies it's employees any life outside of work.
Pros
used to be good matching for 401K
Cons
everything else
Very bureacratic organization
Director, Senior Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Old world insurance company. The firm is going through growing pains. Massive layoffs is not a moral booster. Technology is extremely poor. A lot of time wasted just trying to get a document to print.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
The firm gives raises to a select few. This causes moral issues.
Currently in Flux
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
The company currently is going through change and restructuring, which produces anxiety among employees that comes from uncertainty. I'm sure that once the change is complete, the environment will enjoy normalcy again.
Pros
Great benefits and work environment
Cons
Current restructuring produces anxiety
Finacial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Work was always there to be done, you were held to guidelines to meet and deadlines that must be met. Management was great to work with you when you needed it, teammates were always there to help when you were in a time crunch. Always willing to help you with your personal schedule as long as you made preparations ahead of time. Great compensation package.
Pros
Free drinks, activities, great all around place to work
Cons
Don't have any cons about this job.
Never a dull moment. always busy.
Senior Account Analyst - AIU Reinsurance Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
AIG is an excellent company with a very good benefits: health, retirement and good place to work. Good management with fair treatment of employees. There's always a lot of work to do urgently and regular closing period. Good working environment and good people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch for Thanksgiving day and everytime there's a Staff meeting.
Good place to be for the begining of one's career
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Talented people, abundant employee resources and diverse culture. AIG is a good place to be for the beginning of one's career. The company has lots of bureaucracy and politics. I do not recommend it for one's advancement to management level.
Client Service
Premium Audit Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJDecember 2, 2015
Overall a pleasant environment, great hard working staff, great training. Management is ok.

benefits ok, pay is ok.

no other commitment.
Not a place for an experienced professional to work
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2015
The company is at-least 20 to 25 years behind the industry standards. A company of this mass will take longer time to recover from technology dept. So think twice before taking up an IT job in AIG.

There is no clear definition whom to promote and totally based on face-value. Working culture is really bad. None talks to each other.

Pay is good and Work/Life balance is awesome. Lots of flexibility.
Pros
Pay, Work/Life balance
Cons
Unqualified management, Outdate technologies, Silos
It was a fun place to work benefits were great
Marketing Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILNovember 6, 2015
Training 12 Insurance Agents on the company's computer on how to sign up for employee benefits, how to take test on anti-corruption and anti-money laundering. Great company to work for. In three years I learned a lot.
Pros
Nothing came free at AIG you had to work for what you got.
Cons
We didnot get breaks