AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Work is challenging and employees have indepth knowledge
Project Manager, Finance Transformation (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2015
Work is challenging and employees have indepth knowledge about the task they perform. Low work life balance but compensation is nice.
Moving to another role is so hard
Business Analyst/ Report Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 29, 2015
Bureaucracy is at it's highest but the people are nice I feel blessed to
have the opportunity regardless of every other thing.
Extensive Travel
SENIOR ISD INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Extensive Travel
10 to 12 hours a day with 2000 plus miles travel per month were challeges. Co-workers and field investigations were most enjoyable. Working with the insureds and claimants keep the position fresh and interesting.
Awesome company!
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, schedule, pay, cafeteria, workout facility
This was one of the best jobs I've ever had. My manager and supervisor was really cool. They always gave constructive criticism and assistance on improvement.
Good
Lead DataStage Developer (Current Employee), Edison, NJAugust 26, 2015
It's really good to be a part of AIG worked my entire career and learned a lot

Achievements:

Won “On the Spot Award” for setting up SFTP setup thoroughout Americas IT in AIG.
Won the “Best Team award” for successfully carrying out the enhancement “AIGGS transparency” successfully under my leadership.
Won the “Star of the Month award” for achieving 100% CSS consistently for two years.
Won the “On the spot award” for implementing file watcher concept in 125 Autosys jobs within five days.
Received appreciation from CHARTIS Client Manager and BRM (Business Relationship Manager) for successful end to end implementation and support of the Project “FIT SAP Automation”.
Productive and joyful
Datatstage Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Work pressure
Nice place to work with but undergoing lot of organisational changes which is leading to high work pressure due to lot of budget cuts and resource cuts.
No Job security, no confidence
Claims Investigator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Working condition
Cons: Corporate America
I enjoyed my time at AIG, enjoyed the job and the opportunity. I did not enjoy the upper management. Always posted gains and would always cut back. They look to do things "cheap" which will cost them later on. My position was eliminated due to re-organization. My job will be out sourced to a vendor who will not do a better job and will not have the company in its best interest.
Advancement and Global Company
Claims Administration & Coverage Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Worldwide
Cons: layoff
This was a excellent place to work. There were room for advancement and opportunity to grow with the company. The company had flexible time frames which assisted throughout my career.
Pretty Lax
Imaging Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2015
I worked here for a little under a year, an truly enjoyed my time while I was there. The department I worked in management was wonderful an very helpful. If I didn't have to relocate I would more then likely still be employed there.
great work enviroment
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster/Appraiser (Former Employee), alpharetta gaAugust 19, 2015
Loved handling claims in different states all over the united states. I also enjoyed traveling with the team to a disaster site to assist them with handling claims
It was good
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 12, 2015
I dont really like sitting all day in 1 place with head phones on. But it is a good job to have, it has great benifits and the people you work with is great people
Summary for AIG
Underwriter Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
This was an ok place to work, environment was good, co workers were all good to work with. Management was very kind and fair.
Good place to learn insurance
Strategic Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good place to learn product development
Cons: No commitment to NYC footprint
Not much in the way of stability. Frequent reorganizations and management changes. No commitment to keeping an NYC footprint or staff in that region.
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 6, 2015
Pros: i get to work from home; my director is great to work with
Cons: structure in my department is a little unorganized; we don't get a raise
AIG is a nice place to work. I can't complain about the office life, my boss, healthcare benefits, optional overtime or the fact that i'm able to work from home.
fun job great staff
Support Correspondent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great lunch room
Cons: work stations to close
Great job. nice place to work good people to work around. work not to bad. Good benefit.Could be long term job retierment job.
Work culture and Pace
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work. Typical day at work is awesome because of the pace of work. When one is kept busy without getting stressed it pushes one to achieve more. Not that one cannot handle stress, but in the long run it certainly helps go further!

AIG is among the bestof the companies to work for and always cares for the employees and consultants alike
AIG Director is a cold hearted snake
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Not so good pay, manament is the worse, high level of stress, metrics standards is impossible to reach
I worked in the Houston, TX call center for 2 1/2 years and if you're looking to work here RUN and run fast once you get hired on as a customer service rep it is darn near impossible to advance in your career because the Director Lisa Lau and management try their hardest to block you from going anywhere else that you have no other option but to quit because quite frankly who wants to be answering inbound calls all their life and lets not talk about WORKFORCE management here or trying to take online courses to better yourself even if the company promotes it the call center managers and current director will try and block you from going to company classes and seminars. The benefits was great I can say that but the salary $30K a year for all the work you do is not worth it.
Work from home with minimal supervision. Heavy case load, with time line.
Claims Investigator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Good company, supportive management. Big company with decent amount of red tape and politics. If looking for family work environment, not the right company.
Productive work place.
SCHEDULING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2015
Wonderful place to work in. Helps with personal growth and to have a better understanding of the corporate world. Outstanding supervisor and extremely professional environment.
Excellent company to work for.
Auto/ Homeowner Insurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time at AIG Marketing. I retired early and then the company was sold to another Insurance carrier and relocated elsewhere.
Employees