AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Good company to work
Hyperion Consultant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 27, 2015
The organization provides opportunities for advancement but you have to drive your career development. Senior management has good ideas for the direction of the company but mid-level and front line management sometimes are very slow in adapting the new ideas. If you do not have any experience in the industry AIG is a good start. You can learn a lot about the industry and variety of products but you have to be eager to learn. People are very friendly and willing to help.
Good enviroment
First Notice Intake Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Working from home was a plus
Cons: Being laid off
One thing I can say is that I learned some valuable tools and work ethnics working for this company. The company as a whole is an ok work environment.
Management does not care for customers - only numbers.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great benefits, awesome employees
Cons: Manager gives his 'minority' friends priority, management does not care about user satisfaction
Working in the help desk department, it was clear that management did not care about the customer satisfaction.

Have a call that could've been resolved if you spent 15 minutes on the phone with them? Well you better escalate because the call time can't exceed 12 minutes. Now we have to waste another 12 minutes when the user decides to call back in about 5 minutes.

New manager came in and brought with him many 'minorities' giving them lead positions and other high paying positions.

I was with the company for over a year and a new kid the manager brought in who knows nothing of our operations was attempting to tell me how to do my job (using this tool instead of that, etc.)

AIG does pay pretty well. The benefits are also pretty awesome. They also have great programs to help you learn new skills to climb up the ladder into other IT departments. There's always free food and employees are friendly.
Enviroment is laid back
Commercial Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: Comfort breaks and benefits
Cons: Management, moving up is hard
My review is I probably would not recommend anyone to work at this company. Management tends to play favorites and moving up is hard to do.
Productive with a great atmosphere
Third Party Operations Team Plan Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 21, 2015
I have learned the day to day workings of the retirement industry. It is a very complex field that you are constantly learning. I like that the most in my field.
Good company to work for
Underwriting Manager (Former Employee), San FranciscoJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Too many reorganizations
It was a great company to work for 10 years. Learnt a lot & made some great friends along the way. Sorry to see changes made that resulted in my layoff & many others as well.
Many jobs sent offshore
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: No stability
I really enjoy the people at AIG, but the work/life balance just isn't there and they are laying off many employees that have given 20+ years of their professional lives so they can send the jobs offshore. I came to AIG with the intent of making this my retirement company, but that hasn't worked out.
Offered a challenge everyday!
Associate Project Manager/Contract (Former Employee), Allen Parkway Houston LocationJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great working associates
Cons: Conflicting priorities
Fun environment with co-workers that were willing to offer counsel on best practices. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone would be happy with the end deliverable. Many times we were about though securing all approvals when a wild card was thrown, that put us back to square one.
Opportunities for career growth but you need a mentor to help you find them
Underwriter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Training, benefits, flexible working hours, friendly work envieronment
Cons: Difficult to find a good mentor, many changes in a short period of time
The company provides opportunities for advancement but you have to drive your career development. The process can be long and discouraging but if you can find a good mentor it can be much quicker. Senior management has good ideas for the direction of the company but mid-level and front line management sometimes are very slow in adapting the new ideas. The company offers flexible working hours and good benefits which is extremely helpful if you have a family. If you do not have any experience in the industry AIG is a good start. You can learn a lot about the industry and variety of products but you have to be eager to learn. People are very friendly and willing to help.
Productive, fast paced but very casual place to work
Commissions Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 1, 2015
I enjoy working with AIG. The company is very laid back and alot of down to earth people. I am currently still with the company, I enjoy the work that I do on a daily basis. Also, I enjoy how they let people work at their own pace and do not micro manage.
AIG`
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 1, 2015
Great company and I have acquired lots of claims experience with working for AIG. Management is excellent; training is always direct and you actually learn new things when going through training.
Good Place to start after college
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Retirement Plan
Cons: n/a
Working hour is pretty stable
Learned: technical skills and communication skills
co-workers are very helpful and nice
Stress Free Workplace Atmosphere
Net Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
The working in environment was very relaxed, while maintaining professionalism, and the management and staff were very friendly. The hardest part of the job would have been the telemarketing, such as contacting a potential client who really didn't want to be contacted, and greeting you with anger. The most important thing I learned was not taking a situation like that personally - they're not angry at you personally, they just don't want to be solicited. I enjoyed going to work every day, and keeping things organized.
Love working in the Belle Vernon office
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Belle Vernon, PAMay 27, 2015
Love working in the Belle Vernon office. AIG is hard to work for. They need better structuring. Sales force needs a base salary and then commission on top of that. To hard to make a living and get a pay check with how slow they are.
Friendly, stress free, great benefit, great 401K lan and 401K matching
Payment Support Tech (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefit and job training
Cons: Job move out of Alpharetta
A typical 8 hours work day and always welcome overtime when available. I am a fast learner. I learned how to use company's applications to do my job. I have great co-workers and we get along well. The most enjoyable part of my job is stress free and friendly environment.
Great Company to work for/ good people
Corporate Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free food at times/ great company to work for.
Cons: Management good people/ too man layoff hurting co. moral, etc.
A typical day of work/ busy
Co. provide lots of seminar courses for you to keep up with latest technology
Co- workers are nice/ great atmosphere
Hardest part of the job/ seen so many job cuts do to operations changes/ due to government bail out.
Enjoyable moments is how good and professional and relaxing management can be. Love it!
Had to leave due to family health matter for 4 months. Still looking for a second chance hoping to be rehired.
State Reporting Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: E WORK
AIG is a great place to work. For the 11 years that I have been employed with Aig it has been a pleasurable experience.I have gained a plethora of knowledge from each department that I have worked in. My coworkers were the best, we are like family. My managers were great for the most part. Each one had a different lesson to teach.I had no hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of meeting the goals that were set forth for each employee and interacting with my team members.
Great company
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible with requested time off
Cons: Changed branch managers four times in 5 years
I enjoyed working for AIG, the people were friendly. The dress code was business casual with great benefits. Unfortunately, the car claims portion of AIG was sold to another company and we were laid off.
Great office Culture
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Job culture
Cons: Underwriting process
As a Financial Representative I ran my own business with the assistance of a financial support team in the office. It was my job to establish clientele which focused on small scale business owners.
Intersting job
Death Claims Processor (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Management
Processed death claims, researched beneficiary designation, contact beneficiaries when necessary. Assist customer service with beneficiary designation and payment estimations.

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

ABOUT US: AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial, – Read more

AIG Salaries