AIG

AIG Employer Reviews

LOVED IT
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
GREATING EVERYONE,OPENED MY OFFICE,CHECKED MY EMAIL AND REVIEW MY DAILY APPOINTMENTS.CONTACTING EVERYONE ON MY STAFF.I ENJOY MANAGEMENT,LOVE MY CO-WORKERS.THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS FEELED OUT DEATH CLAIM FORMS AND,THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS DELIVERING A NEW POLICY AND COVER MY CLIENTS NEEDS.
faced paced
processor (Former Employee), amarillo, txFebruary 24, 2015
team environment
fast paced
many departments
annuity ad product knowledge
team and department change meeting diverse people
Great company before the fall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), NewYorkFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: layoffs
Great to learn about the insurance industry supported a department.
Typical day answering phones, sending emails documents, etc.
AIG was once a company that cared about its employees, we had company picnics, and christmas party and raises
Accomodating workplace, locally.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: exceptional paid time off.
Cons: long hours.
Enjoyed working along my co-workers from various departments. Was able to attend training classes (such as excel, fraud, and insurance). Hardest part, was maintaining (and exceeding) company requirements to meet regulatory standards.
Productive and creative enviorment
VBA (Current Employee), NJFebruary 20, 2015
Fast phase environment to work with. Very nice team. Friendly and helping people. very creative people. Mainly work of writing macros.
Very Productive
Medical Disability Claim Case Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 12, 2015
A good place to grow.
 Underwriting Analysis
 Claim Analysis of Accounts
 Cost Analysis and Cost Control
 Underwriting Market Research
Great company to work for
SAP Development Manager (Current Employee), ParsippanyFebruary 9, 2015
Good work life balance and motivated co-workers. Management is good and the used technology is great. Get good holidays and its fun working.
Asset Management SOX Compliance
EXL (AIG) (Financial Analyst) Temp (Former Employee), Pine Street NYCFebruary 8, 2015
My day to day operations at AIG working for EXL Consulting was an incredible experience. My job as an Analyst is to retrieve financial documentation from AS400 and convert the Documents into pivot table Format including a brief comparison and Contrast Graph emphasizing the Favorable vs. Adverse Analysis. After formulating the Analysis of the Portfolio Management of various Traders, I would perform V-lookups for traders that accumulated funds within the Nominal Value. If a particular value of AUM (Assets Under managements) is exceeding the Nominal Value, then I would conduct a test Step of all Portfolios to undergo an Audit procedure.

After performing all Audit of all walkthroughs of various securities such as Options, Credit Default Swaps, and Equity funds we will forward the Documentation to the Financial Manager of SOX Compliance within the AIG department for Approval and then the Documents are sent to the external Auditors which are PWC for SEC filing for 10-K Filing for Financial reporting.
Great work enviornment
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Berkley HeightsJanuary 31, 2015
Managed over 250 claims, mediations, and consulting with legal counsel. Co-workers were fantastic and enjoyed working for this company.
Work/Life Balance is great...Job is not. :-(
Project Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
I started this job April of last year and it has been awful. This is the work job experience I have ever had in my 30 years of working. They hired me and have nothing for me to do. I work for a newly formed group and they had no plans for my position. They have been giving me busy work, administrative stuff to do that I was not hired for. Thought this would be my dream job and it has been a nightmare since the beginning.
New CEO has great ideas
Business analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
The New CEO has done a lot of great upgrades to the AIG home office and is looking to make other structural changes within the organization, including how performance management is done annually.
Looking back over my career, my choice for me was a good one. I was rewarded for my hard work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: interaction with co workers and clients. you were rewarded really well if you worked hard.
Cons: the word no, disappointments, losing clients to death, lazy agents and not enough hours in the day.
I arrived early (8am) and got ready for my day waiting for agents to come to work. I learned a long time ago in this business you had to start early to accomplish your goals. I was in management for 12+ years. I always got along with co-workers because I always believed in treating anyone the same way you expect them to treat you. The hardest part of my career was always keeping yourself motivated because it was a very easy field to run yourself out of if you became lazy and complacent. I always enjoyed helping people with my services to insure that their family would be protected in case of an early death or disability to the breadwinner.
Great team of coworkers
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
AIG offered great learning opportunities. A tight knit group of coworkers made for an enjoyable work experience. I strived to meet and exceed all expectations placed on me.
Challenging Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Challenging Environment with the potential for transfer to other departments
Great Company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Great company, management and co-workers. Plus, the benefits are great. I enjoy my interactions with my co-workers and clients. I have been with AIG since March of 2014. First as a temp, then I was hired full time with AIG in August of 2014.
Great benefits
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: tons of time off, match your 401k contribution 100%
Overall, the internal wholesaler position is quite easy going. It can get stressful at times with actually issuing the policies. I have learned how to be confident with sales and the coworkers are fun.
Responsible for claims data on computer program.
National Training Consultant (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working with people.
Cons: being away from home.
Traveled, training staff on computer data program for tracking claims. Worked with staff transferring all claims data from paper logs to computer program. I reported to home office in New Jersey while residing in Illinois. Enjoyable part of job was traveling and meeting new people in different offices. Hardest part was being away from home.
Good place to capitalize on growth within
Agency Director (Current Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 20, 2015
I have learned a lot about how to properly educate and position people in strong financial positions with their retirement portfolio. Also, learned a lot about how to protect all assets and liabilities with certain financial vehicles.
Project Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 19, 2015
Project Management, Planning, Coordinating, Risk Monitoring, Reporting, Implementation, Support; Multiple projects, cross-functional, PMO.
Horrible Place to Work
Sr UNIX Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good hours, able to get work needed to be done, flexible schedule
Cons: bigotry, good ole' boy club, cronyism, arrogant management that does not see their own ineptitude, racism / no minorities in management positions, little sharing of information in problem solving process, excessive red tape / hinders problem solving process, no advancement
Highly political company. Heavy red tape inolved in internal processes. Motivations based on he said she said mess instead of actual information. Very Crony, this company promotes from within. It promotes based on management likes instead of qualifications. Some ideas not liked or proceed based on who said them. No minorities in management.

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

ABOUT US: AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial, – Read more