AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Mixed Feeling
BI Architect (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Professionalism
Cons: Too liberal to non performing vendors and contrators
Very nice people, however, have given too much freedom third party vendors, become confusing at times whom to deal with.
What I learn about ...
Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: I will always be team AIG, most enjoyable.
Cons: That it was only part time.
being a schduler made me get entune with my own retirement and future. I was the lisison between the advisor and the clents mosly teachers in all arears including professors. I learnd about 401k's, IRA's and so on...It was a great team with a great manager.I was part time and a exprience I will never forget.
A great first job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2015
I learned a lot and was a great way to start. I had a lot of opportunity to learn different skills and add value. It was a great part time job.
fast paced productive
Auto Programs Processor (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: too much overtime
Fast job never bored. Professional yet fun atmosphere. Learned so much about annuities and the financial and insurance industries.
Everyone is friendly and I felt like family.
Property & Casualty Claim Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 22, 2015
They provide education and training. Occasionally allow some work time to do volunteer work in programs that help out in the community.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT .
Windows/ VM Ware Administrator (Current Employee), DALLAS,txJuly 21, 2015
nice and best quality support for the client
the opportunity in our company is like a well path for their career
good staff management
Unique clients
Underwriting Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Ability to work overtime
Cons: Merit not available
Reviewing accounts and interacting with the broker in regards to clients needs for personal lines insurance. I have a great working relationship with peers internal and external. The most enjoyable part is satisfaction handling a difficult account leaving the broker with a smile

Underwiting Analyst is my offical title
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Room for Growth
Cons: Salary
Unlimited growth potential along with product knowledge to get an employee ready for any avenue they may want to take. Great employees and wonderful clients.
Managers avoid owning their responsibilities and errors
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good health Benefits
Cons: absolutely no raise and the weakest link tend to fair better
There is favoritism. Upper management prefers a passive employer. To stand up to managers is to put a target on yourself.
Invetment Advising is a tough go, but AIG tries to support you.
Licensed Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees were second to none.
Cons: Managements short sighted views of their employees.
Until Corporate re-organization in my division after 2011, company was great to work for. Had an excellent district manager, but they dumped this person also. My division, Valic, had a stellar reputation and track record. All the employees pulled together to keep company going after 2008 and always helped one another. CEO rating below is for Valic division. I can't speak to other parts of AIG.
Great Benefits
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Poor Work Life Balance, but great benefits. Not much room for upward mobility. Decent Pay, but poor compensation structure.
Good company
Senior Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: organization
It is a good company but it all depends on who you report to. You could be in both the best or the worst place to work here.

too many changes with poor communication causing confusion for everyone including senior managers.
Corporate workplace
Legal Assistant / Paralegal (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
I gained experience in prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, reporting, research, legal drafting and filing. Corporate yearly review process was unfair and leaves room for improvement.
NICE WORKING PLACE
.Net Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2015
i love under under that management
co-workers very supportive
clients helping me a lot to learn new things
i am very comfortable working in this place
Fun and Friendly team
IT Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Nice colleagues, set your own pace, project based, doing real work
Cons: None to speak of
I enjoyed my time working as an intern. There is not a ton of structure. Mainly I received an assignment, completed it, received an assignment, etc. It was an really great learning experience though. It's not a fetch coffee type of internship. I had the opportunity to do development on real enterprise-level applications.

Basically, I got to define the duration of my internship, and they didn't really care if I worked less than 40 hours as long as I didn't go over 40 hours. I was able to gain more experience in 3 months than I did in my entire college experience. I would say go for it.
AIG Great Benefits not so great culture
Sr. Global Training (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours, not much culture
Benefits were great matching 401k, pension plan OK salary. No long term salary incentives. The company is very fragmented so you may know very few people in your office.
Great call Center
Customer Service Repersenative (Former Employee), Downtown Amarillo, Texas locationJuly 7, 2015
I worked for AIG for 1 1/2 yrs. and I can say out of the 3 1/2 yrs. working in customer service. Everyday I went into work while I was at AIG/Valic I was excited to go to work and wait for the calls that would come in to see how I could help every caller. This is a great company and really works with you on personal issue that you may have and are very understanding when comes to family matters. I would defentaly recomend.
Top compensation and benfits
Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Stellar benefits and compensation
Cons: long hours, extermely high stress level and micro-management
Management opportunities are lacking. Extremely high stress levels. High caseloads. Severe micro-management. Not a good culture as management does not support their employees.
Working with retirement funds/Helping people on how to invest their retirement funds
Adjustment Analyst Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: There were always incentives
Cons: being laid off
I worked for AIG for many years. I loved each day of my days there. I loved the employees. I loved management. Management made sure that if you had any questions you could always ask and made you feel comfortable doing so.l
Exposure and great learning curve
Professional Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
My experience at AIG was the first of it kind as it was my first full time job. The group have given me the chance to get exposed to smalla and medium projects with an authority limit.

The workplace was brilliant and the people were professionals. The most enjoable part of the work was the tavelling to and from the United States for coursesa and trainings.

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

ABOUT US: AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial, – Read more

AIG Salaries