AIG Employee Reviews

Productive place to work, good peer interaction, strong community involvement
Direct Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Learned quoting and servicing policies on 4 different platforms. needed to be a good multi tasker and quick learner. My co-workers were the best part of the job. Being able to help them and the customers was rewarding. Learned a tremendous wealth of information about insurance.
Built a great team
AIG - Vice President IT (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 11, 2016
Worked with very bright people and enjoyed the team we put together. We collaborated with AIG Investments and applied the most appropriate technology for the needed business solutions.
Claim Set up Technician
Claim set up check (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 5, 2016
Run away from this company. I worked there 10 years and was laid off. We saw it coming 70 of us gone. No raise in years. Nice system installed if you went to bathroom you had to put yourself on break because manager gets a red flag if your computer is idle 5 minutes. Good severance package.
Pros
Eworking
Cons
Micromanagement
Professional Environment
REGIONAL SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2016
All aspects of my employment during my tenure with AIG was positive even during the rocky times of the government bail-out. It is a professional atmosphere with a large team of positive and helpful co-workers.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, good environment
Cons
Exciting place to work, people friendly
Ledger Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77019September 2, 2016
Learned a lot over the number of years of service with the company. Enjoyed the on-line classes and working with the people,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Friendly people
worked 12 hour days & often on weekends
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 2, 2016
I liked underwriting, the associates I worked with, traveling for work related trips, "winning the deal" as in obtaining the order to write the policy, training agents & new hires, the close commute

I did not like being laid off, I thought I would work at this company until I retired
AIG has a good work environment, good co-workers and management.
Claim Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 1, 2016
I really did like the work that I did. Documents were needed by the Adjusters, Claimants, or Insureds and I was able to print and mail them. I provided a much needed service for our internal and external customers..
Management people were firm yet friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed my co-workers and they were knowledgeable and helpful.
The most difficult part of the job was the inefficient and outdated computer system.The ping-pong table in the lunchroom needs to go as it destroyed our ability to have a bit of peace and quiet and to regroup and refocus.
Pros
very nice atmosphere, lighting was sufficient, and co-workers and management were great to work with.
Cons
Computer system was very outdated, it did not help us provide sufficient service in a timely manner, The Healthcare benefits were difficult to understand, it was not easy to contact someone willing and able to explain these, the ping-pong table in the break-room was very nerve wracking.
Nice Company to work for
Vendor/Payment Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2016
The best part about Aig is that we were able to work from home. Enjoy 10 keying and balancing.A typical day was the receiving of W9s to input all vendor information into our system correctly for payments.
Technical lead and Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work at which involved a lot of learning experience.
Have worked on multiple projects and grown with the firm.Involved and managed multiple roles and responsibilities.
Before I got laid off
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2016
I started at AIG FN and three months later they closed the North America opperation. But before it closed, my experience their was not too bad. The pay was good, the freedom was good, and the people were. I would have chosen to stay if I could have.
Great fast paced exiting place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 17, 2016
Great learning experience, friendly atmosphere. Challenges included many office relocations. Hardest part was to keep up the demand of end users.
Good Company that could be great with better communication and training
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
The investment and retirement divisions of the AIG companies offer a vast assortment of client solutions and some unique tools that are available to help advisors reach clients. The problem is the internal communication. At times it feels like the company is too big and departments that rely on one another to optimize production are not interconnected in a way to get help get things done.
International Insurance Company
Supervising Property Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
The company has changed in many ways since I have worked there, however, at that time, AIG was a leader in it's field for all aspects and areas of insurance.
Nice workplace
Financial services representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2016
It was an amazing experience for me to be part of the family of AIG, there was a nice workplace, great environment, a typical day at work was very enjoyable so many things to learn everyday, I learned the base about life, accident and health insurance; the marketing knowledge was very helpful,
Pros
It was nice place and great environment
Cons
They close the financial Network in my area.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Typical day full of duties and time lines. Always something new to learn. Benefits are good. Large campus good for exercise and healthy eateries near by.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Easy job, but horrible management and unorganized HR
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 1, 2016
The job itself wasn't hard, pretty typical call center stuff. Management was terrible, very unorganized, never wanted to help with questions or concerns. I had a harassment case that I was filing on another coworker for threatening to assault me, and instead of handling it, my manager chose to ignore it. I left not long after because of it. There is ONE payroll department for this multinational corporation. My checks were wrong 4 times in the 4 months I worked there. I got overpaid, then underpaid, and paid wrong amounts, and always had to sit on the phone for ridiculous amounts of time when calling payroll to get it fixed, which always took another week, so my check would be late all the time. Trying to move up was a joke. We were told we would be trained in a new book of business every 4 weeks - I was there for 4 months and NEVER got even one training class. You had to be trained in multiple areas before being considered for advancement. Salary stays the same, unless you move up. There are no pay raises. Unless you choose to take on 3-4x more work, you will make the same hourly rate regardless of how long you work there. Most people do not stay for more than a year in this position. They leave the company, 90% of the time. "Paid Holidays" are on a rotating schedule. They put your name in a cup, and if it's drawn, you HAVE to work that holiday, even if you volunteered to work the last.

Coworkers were great, and are the reason most people stay as long as they do. PTO can be a hassle because it is rarely approved, but there is a lot of it, which was a plus. Other than that,
  more... this job was terrible.  less
Pros
Set schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Disorganized, lack of care in management, no training, no pay raises, etc.
Great co-workers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2016
My job was very busy, always meeting new people. Workplace, it was great to work with AIG until company decided that there was no place for our offices and let all go. I enjoyed working there, people were great and would still be working if this did not happen to me and all my co-workers
Poor Management, unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
I would not recommend working for AIG what so ever. This place is going down hill fast. The management is a joke. I work in the Houston office and the management over L&C, and New Business have no clue what they are doing. You cannot ask them for help on your calls because they have no idea anything about what the department does. They have no backbone to stand up for us and try to get us the systems we need and the so called "goals" set for us to meet out requirements for bonuses are unobtainable. Our call volume does not allow us on any given day to meet the "goal" that is set of 70 calls/day per person. The Manager refuses escalations, is unavailable more than half the time, leaves early, gets here late, and when she is here she doesn't return calls that have been escalated to her in the first place. We constantly get agents calling us back complaining about how she was supposed to call them back a week ago and never did. They want to micro-manage but are not worried about giving us the proper tools to accomplish what they are micro-managing. The Director is just as clueless as the Manager. And so is the site director. Forget customer service, it is about the numbers. Everything is becoming outsourced to save a dime, but is in turn ruining the company. The pay is a joke, and there are no raises, so as the cost of living goes up we are stuck making crummy wages.
benefits
Cons
unorganized, poor management, lack of proper training and resources, poor pay
It was a great experience to work for AIG.
Network Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working at AIG was very enlightening. They invested a substantial amount of money in my education; I will always be grateful to this company. Popular opinion notwithstanding, AIG is a company with deep insights in its market space and storied past. As with every large organizations, there may have been instances of a less than artful execution of the corporate mission; by a few. Overall, it is a good company with a tremendous human capital.
Extremely large company
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 23, 2016
Although an Industry giant in the Insurance/Mortgage Financing, the company is overburdened at the top of management. It probably needs to be split up to be more efficient.
Pros
Wide variety of resources, good local leadership
Cons
Several levels of top heavy over compensated management