AIG Employee Reviews in United States

Good Business, Great Customers, Good Company to work for.
Field Office Manager/New Business Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN/ Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
AIG Financial Network also known as AGLA was a great company to work for.
Great hours, strong customer service skills were required for this position/company.
Management while the company was AGLA was remarkable, new management was the turning point for this company which caused it to ultimately close. New management had no understanding of the companies processes, procedures, accomplishments not was there any interest to learn.
I loved working for AGLA, the help we could provide our customers was inspiring and fulfilling.
Pros
Great hours, good pay, benefits
Cons
New Management under AIG.
Good place to be for the begining of one's career
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Talented people, abundant employee resources and diverse culture. AIG is a good place to be for the beginning of one's career. The company has lots of bureaucracy and politics. I do not recommend it for one's advancement to management level.
Not a place for an experienced professional to work
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2015
The company is at-least 20 to 25 years behind the industry standards. A company of this mass will take longer time to recover from technology dept. So think twice before taking up an IT job in AIG.

There is no clear definition whom to promote and totally based on face-value. Working culture is really bad. None talks to each other.

Pay is good and Work/Life balance is awesome. Lots of flexibility.
Pros
Pay, Work/Life balance
Cons
Unqualified management, Outdate technologies, Silos
Finest co-workers' I have ever had the pleasure of working with
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
The highest caliber of individuals I ever worker with & I sincerely care about each and every one. As a result, the overall working environment is wonderful. The local management is made up of strong, but caring people.
Pros
co-workers, good benefits, laid-back professional office and caring management
Cons
company currently restructuring
AIG, overall is a great job. I recommend this to anyone with an insurance background.
CSR II/ Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2016
AIG is a great company to work for. Awesome benefits, good management, and you will work no longer than 6:30 PM Mon-Fri. A day in the life of an AIG employee is fast, ever changing, and fun!
Great company, but not for young people
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
AIG has great pay and benefit, work/life balance. You can working from home about 3 days a week. Problem is no job security here. You never know if you will the next people to lose job.
This was really a great company to work for and it really groomed me to be the kind of employee I am today
Business Analyst - Operation Business Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work was working on the tasks at hand and assisting other team members and other areas.

Management was okay.

My co-workers, at least some of them is why I enjoyed going to work after 15 years.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find excitement in it when it had become redundant.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping team members and other areas
Pros
Working with a great group of people
Cons
No financial increases
Professional rewarding and peaceful
Legal Document Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2015
This company trusted its employee's to be self motivated hence a team of self motivated hard workers. It was a well structured system with realistic deadlines. I was responsible for customer care & conflict resolution with outside claimants law offices. It required thorough research, filing and processing insurance claims and policy verification. There was oral and written communication to clients. Enjoyed the company's culture. I was empowered and encouraged to excel. Great benefits and salary!
Don't waste your time!!
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  32 Old Slip, New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
Do not waste your time and go there. The company is going through major lay-offs and their audit department has been impacted. I was one of the many that were laid off. It is a cut-throat type of environment, managemet likes to blame staff for their lack of managing their teams, and no work and life balance. They are very quiet about letting people go since they do a surprise type of lay-off. I have worked for this company for a long time and it has changed for the worse. Don't waste your time, you will be disappointed.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Lay-Offs
AIG Director is a cold hearted snake
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
I worked in the Houston, TX call center for 2 1/2 years and if you're looking to work here RUN and run fast once you get hired on as a customer service rep it is darn near impossible to advance in your career because the Director Lisa Lau and management try their hardest to block you from going anywhere else that you have no other option but to quit because quite frankly who wants to be answering inbound calls all their life and lets not talk about WORKFORCE management here or trying to take online courses to better yourself even if the company promotes it the call center managers and current director will try and block you from going to company classes and seminars. The benefits was great I can say that but the salary $30K a year for all the work you do is not worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not so good pay, manament is the worse, high level of stress, metrics standards is impossible to reach
Unlimited opportunity, high risk
Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
Vast international company offers internal opportunities but disorganized HR management causes best people to leave or be fired. Culture is entrepreneurial and intense. Highly stressful work environment.
Pros
Internal opportunities
Cons
No job security
Great workplace.
AUDIT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Good company to work for. Friendly atmosphere overall. Management very cooperative. Work/Life balance is excellent. Competitive salary and benefits.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Frequent Senior Leadership Change
Good low level management but not a first class operation.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 7, 2016
Company was hiring new employees until a month before they terminated operations. Financial advisers were not provided needed communications capability such as individual phone lines or voice mail. They had to use personal cell phones for company business. Work space was typically at a table for up to eight salesmen with two telephones provided. Job training was good. First level management was generally experienced and helpful.Relationship between the company and SagePoint, the broker/dealer for securities, was poorly defined. Parking was plentiful but uncovered and at some distance from the work area.
Family Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 10, 2016
This was a great place to work. Fast paced environment but everyone I worked with cared about each other. It was definitely a family based environment. I grew a lot as a professional through coaching from members of management and courses provided through a couple of different providers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help all customers even if they were irate. It was very satisfying that you could help them with their issues and calm them down.
managers inexperienced. constantly micromanaging, cannot even talk to your peers
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 23, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked......Treated like a little child. Watched constantly for even talking to your peers. If you get up from your chair to talk to someone you are reprimanded. This place is a sweat shop.......It's like a maze of people all around you in little cubicles. Dirty environment. 4 small bathroom stalls for at least 75 to 100 women. Disgusting...Managers are incompetent and are still there because they know someone or related to someone in the company. Daily stress is terrible. Constantly being told you have to bring up your production or you will go on probation. Very stressful. Would not recommend this company to anyone I know and have not done so......
Pros
free drinks
Cons
micromanagement....treated like children....
No consistent direction of company vision.
Project Manager, Lexington Systems and Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2016
The company has had turnover in senior management over the last decade. This unfortunately has created an environment of chaos with regards to having effective management in place. Many managers typically stay in their office and it is up to the employee to approach the manager vs. the manager actually setting clear and direct communications. This leads to the overspending of funds for system enhancements and/or projects. A number of the Project Managers hired recently don't seem to know how to manage a project as those project managers from years ago. It is unfortunate this company gone from being a great company (with some issues, needless to say) and many, many dedicated employees to a company of counting $$$, which it is wasting on an immense basis.
Pros
Worklife balance, benefits
Cons
Lack of good management and company vision/direction
No room for advancement
Payroll and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Great company overall, but depending on what area you work in not much room for advancement and the pay is not good! Would be better company if advancement was possible.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Unable to move to other higher paying positions
Fine place to work. My division was somewhat process adverse.
Director: Portfolio Governance/Workforce Planning (Former Employee) –  Remote (based out of New York, NY)March 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time at AIG. I was in a recently created division that, as a result of being new, was somewhat process adverse. My role was to drive process improvements in the Workforce Planning and Portfolio Governance areas. Needless to say, this was a challenge based on the culture of that division.
It's not what I was expecting
Marketing/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
When I first applied to this job I was told that there was a lot of room for advancement. The advancement opportunity just isn't there.
Pros
they close the office on holidays and offer healthcare benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
No job security
Property and Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2016
I worked in Alpharetta location they closed down in 2015. No raises in four years just a once a year "bonus". Advancement was not fair. Managers chose friends not better workers that applied for positions. Some managers were great and others tried to put blame on there employees if something went wrong. They were very fair on severance when office closed. Quality reviews every month must hit 98 percent or get written up and couseled. Very strict attendance because so many people abused calling in sick years ago. Vacation time was good. And eworking four days a week was great but with all the restructuring no job security.
Pros
Eworking
Cons
No pay increase and I was top performer on team several years