AIG Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search
A productive place to work and progress
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 24, 2017
A very competitive and progressive place to work in and an equal opportunity employer who respects the rights and dignity of employees.
Compensate employees fairly according to experience and level of education.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
retrenchment
Too much copying
Insurance Department Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Mainly spent the day next to the copier, making copies. Had to make 3 copies of each file. File them away when done. Supervisor was kinda hard to understand since she wasn't native English speaker. Other co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Head Supervisor was really nice
Cons
Supervisor sent mixed signals
AIG in Brief
Operations Processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2017
I have worked for AIG since 2013 and have had a handful of experiences during my time working for this company. A typical day for the department I currently work in is filled with working out of queues, reviewing Divorce and Power of Attorney documents while working with other processors in those same and different queues. Management tends to work fairly well with employees, especially if an emergency arises or the sudden need to take time off occurs. The job can be a bit stressful sometimes but overall, AIG is not a bad place to work.
Pros
Heath care, dental and vision benefits, Roth 401k option as retirement plan, 24 days of PTO at the beginning of each year
Cons
Stressful, occasional unexpected overtime
Great place to work and learn
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
Maintained over a dozen individuals so it was fast paced. I learned how to multi task and never give up on a project. The people I worked with were the best people. the hardest part was working for difficult people, which taught me great patience and the best part were the friends that I made there. I loved working at AIG.
Pros
Perfessonal atmosphere with people always willing to teach new things
Cons
The pay could have been better
Too much to learn
Sr Developer (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 22, 2017
Many things to learn. No Salary hikes. Good Employee Benefits

great compant
Special Field Investigator (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at Aig consist of field insvestigation for fraudulent claims. Surveil any people who intent or commit insurance fraud and prepare and submit report.
I enjoy what I do need more work.
Chase processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2017
I enjoy the work when we have it. I have been here 10 years and had only 2 raises. The job that I have is something I enjoy we just need more work. I think when I started the company cared more about the employees. I can process two different kinds is jobs cause not only new business have I done I have processed loans for the company also.
great place lots of energy
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2017
review of bills before payment issued. production was 80 bills a day I did well over 100. with 99% accuracy. challenging was keeping and maintain this production with phone calls
Very team oriented and efficient flowing
AGL Document Management - Active team lead (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 14, 2017
A typical work day at AIG is fast paced. It is highly based on team work to make the day flow efficiently.

I have learned a lot working here. I am currently and active team lead so I have learned how to properly and effectively lead my teammates. I've also learned a lot about answering emails correct and in a timely manner. I do research and I process check payments. I'm also trained to answer phone calls and do research. There are multiple things I have learned working here.

management is fair and good at guiding you to accomplishing all that you would want to get out of the company

The hardest part of the job is being repetitive.

The most enjoyable part is the environment.
Nice company
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 14, 2017
Nice company to work for, great people, hours are good. Lots of free lunches, good vending machines, free gourmet coffee. All in all I would recommend.
Pros
Nice company to work for, great people, hours are good.
Great work hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 13, 2017
Management here was not great to work with. They were not friendly and did not make going to work helpful. I did enjoy my work schedule. I worked from 5:00am-1:30pm
No advancement
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 13, 2017
There is no training.No raises. Whatever your starting salary is, there it will remain until you advance to another position. Impossible to advance if your not in the "AIG good ole boy clique." Salary is ok and benefits are good. But if you want an insurance career, this is not the place to work especially if you're older or non-Caucasian.
Pros
ework
Cons
no advancement
Not what it used to be
Policy Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 13, 2017
I used to be proud of working for AIG but it has changed so drastically, The department i just left was way too many hours with very high stress and very low morale. I would have liked to have stayed at AIG and move to another department but since I hadn't been back with the company a year yet, it was not within the guidelines to move me to another department. typical day there was going in and tracking everything you did on a daily basis down to restroom breaks and getting up to go to the printer. I did learn alot about processing withdrawals and transfers for customers but it is extremely high stress job with everything being quality controlled. With all the details you need to watch for, they really don't give you enough time to master the 95% average you must maintain. The management seems as burned out at the employees going through the day in a haze. This is due to the long hours that change from day to day which was the hardest part. The most enjoyable were the times when we were able to act like people, enjoy and count on each others wisdom and guidance which before I left was being frowned upon.
Pros
food days, getting to leave for appts, free soda, tea, and coffee
Cons
micromanagement, long hours, not knowing from one day to the next when you will leave
enjoyed working from home
Business Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 13, 2017
There was not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Had to train my replacement. Did not learn much from my manager. Lack of direction in my department.
Pros
working from home
Cons
workplace culture
Excellent
Global Service Desk Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2017
AIG is competitive in many ways.
Salary and job culture.
There will always be employees who are unsatisfied due to many reasons in which most are out of the employers control.
I focus on my immediate department and potential partnering departments and with that alone AIG has been a tremendous experience and has equipped me with the right tools and knowledge to take my career to the next step
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Future of company unclear
AIG as a company was excellent to work for.
Forensic Underwriter - Mortgage Insurance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2017
Review claims based on original underwriting approval. Review for any misrep.

All about mortgage insurance

Management is very educated and knowledgeable

The culture was great, a very diverse group, and the company encourages that.

Not knowing if you were still going to have a job

Working with co-workers on various scenarios throughout the day
Pros
Wonderful people/great team work
Cons
being purchased by another company/ARCH
Stay away
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
It is not a good place to be anymore. They continue to lay off all the time. People do not want to attend meetings with their managers because that may well be their notice of termination.
advancement is rare
Accounting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 11, 2017
Have to apply for and receive new position to get higher pay. No raises. Pay rate is decent. Office is brand new and nice. yearly bonuses are based off the companies earnings the year before.
nice place to work
DevOps/Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2017
nice place to work. competitive place to work . Good encourage from all. good place to work. Cool Place to work. Place to work. Management is good and coperative.
ok place but very challenging
Production Support Lead (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 11, 2017
Work life balance could be better
very focused on the bottom line and not a lot of room for advancement
pay is pretty good and excellent benefits
The culture is rough due to weak management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.